[#1]
Donation made. Arfcom is here to help.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:29:14 AM EDT
[#2]
It is Thanksgiving....

Let's really knock it out of the park!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:32:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Donation just sent. PM inbound for anything else I can do for you.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:46:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#5]
In the chaos of the moment you responded exceptionally well, saving Spencer, yourself, and possibly others
Truly today is a day of Thanksgiving

Donation sent
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Donation sent. Wishing you the best!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Bump.  Need to keep this at the top through thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanksgiving Day Bump
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#9]
</a>" />

</a>" />

Spencer's breath smelled like smoke for about 48 hours after.  She was allowed to be in my room at the Madison Ohio ER.  She would whimper to get my attention, and try to keep it.  She stayed with erin and her father the first night.  All she did was cry, stare at the door, and pace through their house.  The following day about noon I went over to pick her up and check on Erin.

She was anxious, her smile was gone.  All I could do with her for an hour was pet her and try to calm her.  That whole day she would not leave my side, when I fell asleep she would stand watch like when we camp.  I don't think she slept at all the first night.

Erin and I used the red cross money to set her up last night. New collar and tags, dog bed, nylabones, squeaky hedgehog toy she picked out, New Chuck it, nail clippers, fur brush, food and water bowl, shampoo, her eukabuna food and leash.

She is smiling again, and playing. She slept hard last night in her bed, just dead to the world.

I'm happy to say she is back to 100% but Will get her to vet asap for a professional all clear.

</a>" />

Spencer on guard detail.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#10]
The arson investigation is over. Ruled unintentional and unknown cause.  Rodent chewed lines, faulty wiring something like that they think caused it.

I'm having a hard time with dreams.  

I'm back in the hallway trying to get the door open.  I'm talking to the fire like it's a real person, begging him to stop. I get the door open, then wake up.  It sucks.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Donation incoming!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The arson investigation is over. Ruled unintentional and unknown cause.  Rodent chewed lines, faulty wiring something like that they think caused it.

I'm having a hard time with dreams.  

I'm back in the hallway trying to get the door open.  I'm talking to the fire like it's a real person, begging him to stop. I get the door open, then wake up.  It sucks.

View Quote

Woah, been there, done that.  It will pass, but it won't be quick.  

Good luck, I'll get back to the first post and get a donation taken care of.  Relax and let them it's happen for a while, sometimes you get to drive life, sometimes you're a passenger.  Just enjoy the ride for a while and get back to driving later.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Hit
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Donation sent last night.  OP if you're up for it maybe make a list of other stuff you lost or need.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Donation made.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:33:01 PM EDT
[#16]
happy thanksgiving morbid and everyone helping out. this site never ceases to amaze me, arf is full of great people. wish i could do more money wise and probably will on payday but if you or your room mate need anything thing else hit me up. how is she btw?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a care package ready to go. Can any established Ohio members IM me? Might be best to deliver via car relay as apposed to trying to do mail and FFL stuff over the weekend.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Donated, keep it going Arfcom

Good luck OP, please keep us posted
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Is she a service dog?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Donation made.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I emailed a link to this thread and his gofundme to the Chive website. They might help out since they seem to be animal lovers. Hopefully they publish his story and his link, that could change his entire life.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Donation made and I'll send more com payday. Glad things are starting to level off somewhat from your posts. Take care!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Bump
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
happy thanksgiving morbid and everyone helping out. this site never ceases to amaze me, arf is full of great people. wish i could do more money wise and probably will on payday but if you or your room mate need anything thing else hit me up. how is she btw?
View Quote

Yes, especially this time of year when money gets tight for some. But when a lot of people even give just a little, it adds up fast.

Glad Spencer is doing better, hope you will be too OP.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is she a service dog?
View Quote

Yea, I found out I have a severe food allergy 6 years ago, she is trained in allergen detection.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Erin is doing good, her family owns green farms in Madison.  The property that wall Mart is on was the farms. Her church group is doing a lot for her. I was going to split the goo fund me balance with her.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:42:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Other stuff I need right now off top of my head.

Wallet, any kind, I had a maxpedition wallet. Called a Spartan I think.

I'm looking for the harness Spencer had, Will post model when I find it. Found it, Ruffwear web master harness size M. I had the Palisades Pack system, but it is gone.

I'm looking at parts for my truck, Will post if it's fixable soon. Should know by Sunday.

Man purse, was using a 5.11 moab? Have been looking at maxpedition bags, again any kind Will do.

Furminator, front line plus, sentinel heart worm meds for dog. She is 90 lbs.

I'll think and post some more soon

Words are falling short of being able to express my gratitude. Thank you all so very much.

Steven
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Evening Thanksgiving Day Bump
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:03:11 PM EDT
[#29]
You're a hero, God bless you!  Keep this on the top.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Bump
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:26:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Op, I have some 3xl shirts/jackets etc I can send, shoot me a PM when you get time.

God Bless,

Rocco

ETA:
We use Glock 17 Sims for FATS, Simunitions, FoF, and Retention drills.....are you right or left handed?  IWB or OWB?
View Quote

Your message box is full.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:29:20 AM EDT
[#32]
I will re read this thread tomorrow and respond to all im request, thank you all for the support, prayers, patients and praise.

Steven
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:35:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yea, I found out I have a severe food allergy 6 years ago, she is trained in allergen detection.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is she a service dog?

I'm glad you both made it out.
That dog must be worth a fortune?

Good luck in your recovery.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:42:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Black Friday Night Shift Bump
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Black Friday Day Shift Bump
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Donation and prayers sent. Good job saving that nice looking dog.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Gofund hit.
Hang in there Steve, saving Spencer was truly amazing, you are a good man !
My prayers are with you.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:54:03 PM EDT
[#38]
gofundme donation sent.

Stay strong, brother.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Rescued a GSD? My man. Donation sent.

You're a god damn hero in my eyes brotha.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:47:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is she a service dog?

500 for her as puppy

2250 for training at mr good dog in Madison for sit stay come commands, kennel training, and advancd dog "manners", waiting at door, no jumping ect.
1500 for allergen detection, alert me and "threat pointing"

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Steven an update for you sorry im a bit slow.  But one PSA premium CHF upper with a psa premium bcg and ch on the way i will im you tracking info.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:58:51 PM EDT
[#42]
This place is seriously inspiring sometimes

I'm glad your pup came through unharmed. Sounds like she I very protective of you. Her trust is not misplaced
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:03:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Bump
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You're a fucking hero for saving that dog, buddy.  That animal's trust in you was not misplaced.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:03:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Donation sent, hang in there OP.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#46]
I get into the ambulance; I’m not a good patient.  I ask for a burn dressing

"We don't have any" the female medic tells me that they can only use loose, dry wrappings and the hospital will have to do the rest.

I take the wet beach towel off my right hand and show them, blisters have already formed, palm is bloody. She wraps it. I ask if there is anything they can do for pain management, the shock and adrenalin are wearing off and it’s starting to hurt, a lot. I’m about a 5 on the pain scale.  She says no, they are not authorized but they can transport me to the Madison ER.  I refuse transport.  I lost my medical insurance when I was laid off 2 months prior.  I could barely afford it then.  The male paramedic starts the whole, "you should not be thinking about money now" crap.  
"I understand that, my sister is a MSN FNP, I would like to consult her about my medical situation. Please wrap my feet and I will contact her."
The bottoms of my feet are black and blue from plastic and carpet, most of the heavy caked on material flakes off revealing my leather like heel; both paramedics are kind of shocked that there is not much damage passed the toes.  

There is a knock on the ambulance; it’s a sheriff and my roommate Erin.  

Erin comes inside and I stand up.  Her face is beat red, tears streaming from her eyes.  She hugs me, I return the hug. She is shaking much more than me.  I tell her to sit down on the bench that I was on previously, I sit next to her. She sees my feet, and hand and starts crying again. She is almost hysterical.

I feel ashamed.  Erin starts to come to, she starts to talk
"Where is spencer?"
"With Kurt and his family, I had to go back in to get her."
"How did it start?"
"I don't know. It just happened." I can’t look at her, I just feel shame. I start to get cold, I ask the medics for blanket to wrap my feet, and they feel like two blocks of ice now.  They take a blanket off the gurney and hand it to me, I put it on the ground and place my feet on it.  The female medic turns on the heater in the ambulance.
"Are you ok Steven?"
I assure her I’m good, I stand back  up to adjust myself on the bench and to show her I’m not in that much pain, it’s a lie but I pull it off. I’m at a 7 now. I can’t get warm.

There is a knock at the door, the male medic opens the door, and I hear my mom’s voice.

My parents and I have a very rocky relationship; I’ll explain it later, in a team member thread at some point.  This may be another silver lining, but it’s for later

My mom comes in and hugs Erin; I hear my dad’s voice outside.
"Hi mom, sit down" I stand up, and move around the now crowded ambulance.  We bicker back and forth, I sit back down, and I’m getting angry.

"Erin, I need you to look after you, get spencer, deal with the fire people, can you do that?" she is messing with her phone, I think she is texting people her status, coordinating people to come and help her with the situation.
"Yeah" I hug her once more, she leaves

I tell my mom to sit, the male medic leaves and my mom start to ask why I’m not on the gurney, hooked up.
"What are your vitals, Steve?"
"I don't know, mom I’m fine, I’ll go to the hospital, but not in the ambulance."
"Can we get a pulse ox, blood pressure, and basic vitals?  He sounds like he got some smoke." she is asking the female medic
"Yeah, that's not a problem."
I stop my protest, let them hook me up 96%, BP182/135, xxx heart rate.  The medic begins to ask question.
"Did you lose conciseness?"
"No, came close."
How’s your pain now"
"3" it’s a lie, still about 7
"Do you remember what happened?"
"Yes." I go through what happened, what I did.  I tried to give her details

Another knock on the door, spencer runs in, I force her to sit and be still, she keeps stepping on my feet.  Kurt’s wife gives me a pair of slippers that are way too small, and a coat that's also way too small.  She gives me her number, says she will look after the place, does what she can, and expresses how sorry she is.

My mom asks if she and my father can transport me, and where they should go.  They say Geneva, I say Madison.  Dad pops in and tells me Erin’s mom came and is helping her deal with the fire people, she is the owner of the trailer, and that Erin is taking spencer.  The fire dept. send someone over to get my statement, I give a detailed account again, 1st time I’m told I should not have gone back for spencer. He was nice, I give all of the responder’s credit for their conduct with me, and they were great.  Dad brings the jeep around and I get into the passenger front seat, search his center counsel for his cigarettes, and light one up. Mom gets in the back, dad drives.  Mom calls my sister, hands me the phone.  She knows all the people at the Madison ER, has called so they know I’m coming, and she is on her way.  Erin calls, she is following us to the ER.

Deer runs out in front of us.  Dad and I spot it at the same time.  I congratulated myself on maintaining situational awareness through the pain and begin to relax a little.  I’m still freezing.  We get to the ER and Nick, a nurse meets us with a wheel chair.  I explain that Spencer is a service dog trained in allergen detection and I don't need her there but would like her to be there so I can keep an eye on her.  They have no problem with it.  I tell her to heel and she follows as if I was walking.  I get into the hospital bed and nick starts the check in process, asking the basics.  The staff comes in to see spencer. A female nurse asks

"Do you need a blanket....." I interrupt her mid-sentence a say "yes, I can’t get warm"  "....for the dog to lie on."  I laugh out loud. "Story of my life, even burnt the dog gets all the attention." We all laugh.

They set up spencer, get me some blankets and Start an IV.

TO BE CONTINUED
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#47]
FFL to use is Atwells Police and Fire Supply in Painsville, Ohio
will post link in moment.

207 Chestnut St, Painesville, OH 44077
(440) 354-5593

Chuck, Berry, or Dave will take care of you.  Been going to atwells since my 21st b-day.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

This place is seriously inspiring sometimes
I'm glad your pup came through unharmed. Sounds like she I very protective of you. Her trust is not misplaced

View Quote
Arfcom for the sum of all of its parts is an amazing place. We might fight, argue, and insult the living hell out of each other. But just like any other family, when shit happens we get together and help one another out.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Tagged for home and bumpity bump.

I'm so happy that you made it OP, and Spencer looks like a wonderful friend

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:49:54 PM EDT
[#50]
My wife says she can give you two years worth of ivermectin. it's the main ingredient in almost all heart worm medications. It's just a cheaper. And she has a suresto flea collar that lasts for 9 months. Just im your address and I can get it out to you.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top