Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:36:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Come to Pahrump,  You work remotely so the lousy job market wont matter, We work from home too, its a nice area, you will get a ton of house for your money, open carry is not only legal here but common, and if you decide to go to a "city" Vegas is only an hour away.  Its a nice rural area all in all.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:46:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Kind of been kicking the idea around myself.  I fish a lot at Pyramid and I've heard good things about Spanish Springs.  Minden is also on the short list.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:53:57 PM EDT
[#3]

I lived there in the early-mid '90s, Steamboat Springs area and right downtown.
I liked the area a lot.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:20:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I had thought about medford/ashland area, but the no income tax is a big appeal to me.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:19:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I had thought about medford/ashland area, but the no income tax is a big appeal to me.
View Quote
It depends...... How much You spend buying stuff & what income tax rate is for your income level....

NV no Income Tax.......

OR no Sales Tax.........

Which one would cost You more & what's the Cost of Living in Both Areas?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It depends...... How much You spend buying stuff & what income tax rate is for your income level....  

NV no Income Tax.......
OR no Sales Tax.........

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NV no Income Tax.......
OR no Sales Tax.........

Yeah im not sure. I think medford costs more to live plus income tax. The only thing sales tax would affect much would be vehicles. Both my wife and I have new cars so thats not going to mean much.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Jeez you guys are making me a bit worried right now about the area. I will be opening a new warehouse out there for us in the next 3 months and will have to hire and set the dang place up. I don't want a bunch of tweakers stealing our shit!

View Quote

It's not as bad as everyone here is making it out to be.  Honestly.  There are a lot of great and positive things about the area.

I've had chances to stay in other places that I liked, but I always came back to Reno.  It's the only place I always ended up missing.  Like with any city, there are downsides and shitty people, too... but generally speaking, it's a pretty decent place to live, and there's a LOT of stuff to do.  It's easy to avoid the bad areas.

The quality of employee will depend on a lot of factors, but that's the same anywhere.  Where is the warehouse, if you don't mind me asking?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I lived out of town off Pyramid highway in Spanish Springs. Was pretty nice out there but has been developed a lot since.

Reno guys, is that VW bug spider still on the roof of that building near 4th St.?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:33:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Ignore the dumbass Caifornicators trashing Reno in this thread.

Plenty of nice places to live: SW Reno along the Carson Range, Arrow Creek area along Mt Rose, Sommersett along Peavine.  Good schools, close to Tahoe and the Sierra, vast desert terrain, fantastic gun laws, no state income tax.

Don't listen to the dipshits.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I graduated from McQueen HS in 89. Started college in Reno, but ended up moving away.  Live in TX and would move back to Reno in a heartbeat if not for family/job.

skiing,  fishing, off roading, day trips to CA...
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:22:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Yeah im not sure. I think medford costs more to live plus income tax. The only thing sales tax would affect much would be vehicles. Both my wife and I have new cars so thats not going to mean much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NV no Income Tax.......

OR no Sales Tax.........

Find out what they charge sales tax on in NV......

IIRC, I bought a carton of Chocolate Milk at a 7/11 & they charged sales tax on it....

.XX% on everyday stuff adds up over time....... Nickels & Dimes add up to Real Dollars.....

Twice a Year I made a trip through OR...... Shotgun shells @ Walmart were the same price as CA or NV...

Except no sales tax...... I'd stock up on every trip..... I'm finally running out, 5 years later......

Buy it cheaper, stack it deeper........
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:05:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NV no Income Tax.......
OR no Sales Tax.........

Have you considered the Vancouver Washington area?  No state income tax in WA and go across the river to Portland Oregon to buy bigger ticket items w/o sales tax. Horizon Air flys Portland-Sonoma County every day - done it numerous times since my folks live in Vancouver.

Housing can be similar to Santa Rosa depending on where you are in Vancouver from what I can tell but there are out lying areas with better prices.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Have you considered the Vancouver Washington area?  No state income tax in WA and go across the river to Portland Oregon to buy bigger ticket items w/o sales tax. Horizon Air flys Portland-Sonoma County every day - done it numerous times since my folks live in Vancouver.

Housing can be similar to Santa Rosa depending on where you are in Vancouver from what I can tell but there are out lying areas with better prices.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NV no Income Tax.......
OR no Sales Tax.........

Thank you I will look into that.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top