Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 11/16/2015 8:39:08 PM EDT
Let me start by saying I've had my fair share of everything ranging from "one night stands", 2-3 month flings and serious (2+ year) relationships.

What I've found as I get older (high school past college) is the term "settling down" is a very scary thing for most women. I am starting to think the tides have really turned, and it's increasingly difficult to find someone stable who wants kids, marriage, etc.

"Divorce culture", social media, "FOMO" etc., i think our generation has it the hardest. Even if you get married, vows mean nothing anymore.

Discuss

The responses here are proving my point. I get it, I used to be like that to an extent. But this attitude has probably contributed to how women in this age group view men and dating in general. No offense
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Tinder pretty much sez it all.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Tinder serves it's purpose, don't get me wrong. But I'm hoping to look past that now.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:46:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Disregard females, acquire currency.  Disregard currency, acquire munitions.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#4]
FPNI
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:51:56 PM EDT
[#5]
OP, got to start vetting the women properly. Background, family structure, religion, politics, income. Don't be afraid to talk to every woman you see, they want you to. And don't be afraid to stick to your criteria.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:05:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I have stopped looking and started working on myself. Get my shit together, be the man that they all want and I will have the attention of the few good ones.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:09:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have stopped looking and started working on myself. Get my shit together, be the man that they all want and I will have the attention of the few good ones.
View Quote

You're still fucked up. Be the man you want to be.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Debating getting a tattoo that says "Fuck Bitches, Get Riches"
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:12:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup. Just an FYI op, there are naked ladies on the internet now. No more need to date.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:13:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Pegging.  Learn about it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#11]
lol

It's a fucking shitfest out there these days. Women are delusionally picky and men want sex. if you haven't found mrs right by the age of 30 then you're pretty much sol.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#12]
These ho's ain't loyal
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#13]
You're doing it wrong
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wisdom, you type it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Disregard Females, Acquire Canines.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You're doing it wrong
View Quote

How so? If the answer is to disregard females, acquire currency, I don't want to hear it. I've been doing that for 10+ years now. Im  getting to the point in my life where I want to find someone who is serious, date for a couple years and make sure before I propose a marriage and a life of commitment....
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:44:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
+87.  Haven't been happier.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:44:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Pfft join the .mil you'll be married in months.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wisdom, you type it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wisdom, you type it.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:52:08 PM EDT
[#20]
You'll probably want to look to look at younger option, from a good family, with morals, and religious beliefs.   Those women usually get married earlier.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:55:30 PM EDT
[#21]
I've dated in the late 20's and 30's pool of women and there isn't anything out there worth pursuing long term. Selfishness, too much social media, and immaturity. I'm focusing on myself now. I'm traveling all over with the money I've saved and going to awesome places. Hawaii two months ago and I'm planning a trip to Yosemite soon. I'd like to meet someone to travel with but it doesn't seen like it's in the cards for me now.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:57:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Find a girl who talks about wanting to have a family(baby) on the first date and make it happen.  I assure you it will work out well.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Tinder serves it's purpose, don't get me wrong. But I'm hoping to look past that now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is this thing "Tinder" dont tell me the fire starter thing
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:02:23 PM EDT
[#24]
In my experience if a woman isn't married byou the mid to late 20s it's either because no one wants her or she doesn't want anyone. Either way it will likely be an issue in the future. So look for singles before that.

The exception being if you or they got married and divorced. At times things don't work out.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:03:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Download it on your phone and a week or two later tell your gf or wife you've been using Tinder for several weeks. Fires will be started.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
lol

It's a fucking shitfest out there these days. Women are delusionally picky and men want sex. if you haven't found mrs right by the age of 30 then you're pretty much sol.
View Quote

Bingo.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#27]
WTF is a "FOMO"

Is that like Fo Cow?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Download it on your phone and a week or two later tell your gf or wife you've been using Tinder for several weeks. Fires will be started.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got it! Not what I expected
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:08:03 PM EDT
[#29]
I deleted all my dating apps, and have stopped pursuing any kind of relationship. All the single women my age I came across are either fat, have kids, covered in tattoos, or some combination thereof. Fuck it, time to get a fleshlight.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:14:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
WTF is a "FOMO"

Is that like Fo Cow?
View Quote

I fear you may be missing out...
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:15:16 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm 32 and been divorced for a year now. Pretty much it seems like it's a total shitshow with women late 20's to early or mid 30's. Delusionally picky or totally nuts and wanting to jump instantly into a committed relationship.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't envy you young dudes.  In my day, you just got drunk and you both said meh, fucked, and if it seemed like you wanted to do it a lot more, you had a relationship.  Then you meet one that you want to marry, and that's  it.  No.texting, likes, winks, faggotry or herpes.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Let me start by saying I've had my fair share of everything ranging from "one night stands", 2-3 month flings and serious (2+ year) relationships.

What I've found as I get older (high school past college) is the term "settling down" is a very scary thing for most women. I am starting to think the tides have really turned, and it's increasingly difficult to find someone stable who wants kids, marriage, etc.

"Divorce culture", social media, "FOMO" etc., i think our generation has it the hardest. Even if you get married, vows mean nothing anymore.

Discuss

The responses here are proving my point. I get it, I used to be like that to an extent. But this attitude has probably contributed to how women in this age group view men and dating in general. No offense
View Quote

You sound like your pressing a little. Relax date a lot and don't settle. When the right one comes along you will both feel the same and it will just work. Just enjoy life, friends and women till then
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:19:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I deleted all my dating apps, and have stopped pursuing any kind of relationship. All the single women my age I came across are either fat, have kids, covered in tattoos, or some combination thereof. Fuck it, time to get a fleshlight.
View Quote

I went out with one chick that was smokin' hot.  Sadly, she was also batshit liberal crazy.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Just wait, after Islam takes over they will want a man they can count on being handy
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:28:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I've dated in the late 20's and 30's pool of women and there isn't anything out there worth pursuing long term. Selfishness, too much social media, and immaturity. I'm focusing on myself now. I'm traveling all over with the money I've saved and going to awesome places. Hawaii two months ago and I'm planning a trip to Yosemite soon. I'd like to meet someone to travel with but it doesn't seen like it's in the cards for me now.
View Quote

Winning!
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:30:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I don't envy you young dudes.  In my day, you just got drunk and you both said meh, fucked, and if it seemed like you wanted to do it a lot more, you had a relationship.  Then you meet one that you want to marry, and that's  it.  No.texting, likes, winks, faggotry or herpes.
View Quote

Im 33 and thats how it was in my early to mid 20s. Social media and whatnot has ruined dating. Its nothing like it used to be.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:32:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Im 33 and thats how it was in my early to mid 20s. Social media and whatnot has ruined dating. Its nothing like it used to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The last girl I dated in her mid twenties got mad at me because I didn't send her enough text messages. I told her right then and there to hit the fucking boulevard.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:32:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Im 27 and very few people i know my age are still single.

Maybe bc we are rural, more focused on the "country" lifestyle. Everyone works jobs, has kids and is married pretty much.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:33:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Good luck getting between her and her first love. Her smart phone.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly what I did. I now am on my 2nd fleshlight. I don't do kids, I do not like obese women, and I hate hate visable tattoos on a woman. Some are okay, but not full sleeve, fuck that.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:35:13 PM EDT
[#42]
My last few dates from Match (25-30 bracket too):

1. Her mom showed up towards the end of dinner at a restaurant and sat down with us.
2. Invited one girl to dinner and a movie. She accepts, and I find out as we're getting the tickets that she's deathly afraid of crowds and thinks she'll have a panic attack in the theater.
3. Hit it off really well with another girl. Had an amazing few weeks then all of a sudden she just disappeared.
4. First 20 minutes with one girl and she jumps on me in the car. Ok cool... But.... Youz a hoe.
5. Never showed
6. Never showed
7. Never showed
8. Turned out to be a lot... Different... Than her profile.

Eta: oh and another who I hit it off well on the first date, but the next day I got stuck at work without my phone and when I got back to check it, I had about 15 missed calls and 20 next messages from her about how I'm a dick for ignoring her and shit
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:38:05 PM EDT
[#43]
So what's the solution, finding girls in college or fresh out and running the risk they dump you for "fomo", or writing off this age group were in and remaining single forever? At 26, there has to be better options. My parents got married at 30 and had me at 34 in the late 80s...
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So what's the solution, finding girls in college or fresh out and running the risk the dump you for "fomo", or writing off this age shroud were in and remaining single forever? At 26, there has to be a better solution
View Quote

You're young, just bang as many hot ones as you can. You don't have to marry them.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:40:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So what's the solution, finding girls in college or fresh out and running the risk the dump you for "fomo", or writing off this age shroud were in and remaining single forever? At 26, there has to be a better solution
View Quote

worth saying twice
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:40:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So what's the solution, finding girls in college or fresh out and running the risk the dump you for "fomo", or writing off this age shroud were in and remaining single forever? At 26, there
has to be a better solution
View Quote

Remaining single has its advantages. Think with your big head.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:40:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Past 30 you'll see a difference in the women to choose from.  Physically they're going downhill, mentally they've been outcast for a long time already.

Find yourself a 20 something in her prime and stick with her if it works out.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

36 here and i dont get this internet dating stuff.  Go out and meet people.  

Any serious relationship ive had was meeting girls through other people. Of course there were several bar sluts in between.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:55:00 PM EDT
[#50]
You're problem may be that you're talking about settling down with dates. Let the wimminz be the first to bring stuff like that up, its just safer that way.

I met my wife through a friend and it's the best thing ever. 11 year anniversary is tomorrow.

These threads are always good for a laugh. The loser basement dwellers, people trying to convince themselves that jerking off alone all the time is the optimal "relationship", and the dudes that are ridiculously bad at judging character / choosing women are pure comedy gold.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top