BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:51:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This.

How far are you going to go to chase a buzz?  If 13 beers isn't getting you the feeling you seek, try a whole different route... one that does not involve alcohol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is going to happen is you are going to get absolutely fuck blindsided.  Health failure, DUI, wreck and injuries.  It is goin to happen all at once.  What ever is compelling you to drink, you need to seek help for it outside the bottle.  Are you having any memory loss?

This.

How far are you going to go to chase a buzz?  If 13 beers isn't getting you the feeling you seek, try a whole different route... one that does not involve alcohol.

that.

I don't know what you are thinking OP, but I know a little about drinking.

especially the bit about trying a different route.

You'll be better off.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:53:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I started drinking in my teens.

Between the age of 16 and 20 I drank on average twice a week.

I joined the military at 20 and for the next four years I drank four or five times a week.

Then I got married and typically only drank on the weekends,

I quit drinking all-together six years ago...but then I deployed to AFG.

Since I got back I drink casually, except when I'm alone,

Between everything I've gone through and the lack of purpose since I got back I find myself trying to get drunk more often than not when I'm not around my wife and kids...but it just doesn't happen.

I can drink and drink and drink and I feel fine.

I've gained 20 pounds since getting back from over there, I'm not unhappy. I don't have PTSD.

A few weeks ago I drank 13 Heinekens and besides being thirsty in the morning I didn't feel much more than a buzz.

I used to get terrible hangovers...the kind where you just want to kill yourself.

Now I can drink a gallon of fuckin booze and wake up at 0800 feeling perfectly fine.

What the fuck is going on.

I just turned 39 last week.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:56:01 AM EDT
[#3]
You ain't really trying.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:58:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I went the opposite way.  I went from being able to pound beers all day and night. To drunk from a 6 pack. Now I've quit smoking cigs and drinking completely.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Korean Soju. Done.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:12:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I started drinking in my teens.

Between the age of 16 and 20 I drank on average twice a week.

I joined the military at 20 and for the next four years I drank four or five times a week.

Then I got married and typically only drank on the weekends,

I quit drinking all-together six years ago...but then I deployed to AFG.

Since I got back I drink casually, except when I'm alone,

Between everything I've gone through and the lack of purpose since I got back I find myself trying to get drunk more often than not when I'm not around my wife and kids...but it just doesn't happen.

I can drink and drink and drink and I feel fine.

I've gained 20 pounds since getting back from over there, I'm not unhappy. I don't have PTSD.

A few weeks ago I drank 13 Heinekens and besides being thirsty in the morning I didn't feel much more than a buzz.

I used to get terrible hangovers...the kind where you just want to kill yourself.

Now I can drink a gallon of fuckin booze and wake up at 0800 feeling perfectly fine.

What the fuck is going on.

I just turned 39 last week.
View Quote
4 martinis will set you right up...

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:14:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
quit while you're ahead
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:15:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Either try harder or quit -- this is not advocating becoming a drunk.

Not too long ago I killed a 750ml bottle of Jameson's in about 2hrs, you'd think I would have had a good buzz. I didn't and no hangover either.

So I quit for two weeks. Then I had a six pack of 10% DIPA while mowing the lawn -- had to mow it again the next day cause it was all fucked up.
View Quote

I don't believe you
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:16:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Corona + run + lime..
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't believe you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not too long ago I killed a 750ml bottle of Jameson's in about 2hrs, you'd think I would have had a good buzz. I didn't and no hangover either.

So I quit for two weeks. Then I had a six pack of 10% DIPA while mowing the lawn -- had to mow it again the next day cause it was all fucked up.

I don't believe you

Yeah, I gotta go with this. Something's amiss.

I've polished off a bottle of Jameson a few times in one "session" and while I wasn't terribly hungover the next morning, I was most certainly lit like a candle.

And while I'm definitely not a "handle of vodka a day" alcoholic or anything, I'm not exactly a lightweight either. A fifth of Jameson in two hours will easily render me tore up from the floor up.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Think of it as a useful skill just in case you get kidnapped by Nazi sympathizers.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#12]
While I question your desire to become intoxicated and recommend against it, I would also state that you are not trying hard enough.

If you really WANT to get drink, go get a bottle of Sailor Jerry's rum. Pour a generous amount into a glass. Add enough Coke that you don't taste the alcohol burn. Drink it. Repeat. If you repeat often enough, you'll get drunk.

It's not rocket surgery.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#13]
My wife can be staggering falling down drunk and she'll think she's fine.

Be careful.  You might be drunker than you think.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
13 beers is nothing. Start drinking liquor.  
View Quote

Or not.  If 13 beers doesn't get the job done, anything you could drink that will is going to cause you serious health problems.

If your low tolerance days are spent, maybe it's time to find a new hobby.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:53:51 AM EDT
[#15]
According to GD, this is either normal, or you're not drinking enough, or you're a raging alcoholic that needs to be locked up in a big cage.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:54:47 AM EDT
[#16]
You'll be fine until you shit blood the next day.  That's your body telling you it is time to give it up.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Akvavit will fix your problem.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
According to GD, this is either normal, or you're not drinking enough, or you're a raging alcoholic that needs to be locked up in a big cage.
View Quote

Sounds about right.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Sounds like you are ready to make First Sergeant.

-self edit: {I typed up a bunch of personal/family related crap here. Sat re-reading it a few times and struggled over hitting the submit button. Decided to keep it private since I have local friends on this board}

I don't have anything against drinking, but I rarely if ever do. I feel like one of us needs to be ready in case something happens. What if our kid needed to get to the hospital, or if someone breaks in, or the house catches fire? One of us has to be able to respond. I know it won't be her. It's all on me now.  

Stop now. Clean out. Go hit the gym instead. You may think your family doesn't notice or even mind, but they do. I see it affecting our daughter the most. The answers you seek won't be found in a bottle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There was a time when I could not fall asleep unless I got drunk.

That's one of the reasons why I quit six years ago.

Honestly, ever since I got back from over there I have been having problems feeling anything except the urge to go back.

I love my family...but I feel unfulfilled.

I think I hide it real well from my family...but I need to figure this shit out.

Sounds like you are ready to make First Sergeant.

-self edit: {I typed up a bunch of personal/family related crap here. Sat re-reading it a few times and struggled over hitting the submit button. Decided to keep it private since I have local friends on this board}

I don't have anything against drinking, but I rarely if ever do. I feel like one of us needs to be ready in case something happens. What if our kid needed to get to the hospital, or if someone breaks in, or the house catches fire? One of us has to be able to respond. I know it won't be her. It's all on me now.  

Stop now. Clean out. Go hit the gym instead. You may think your family doesn't notice or even mind, but they do. I see it affecting our daughter the most. The answers you seek won't be found in a bottle.

Sorry your going through that. Hang in there. Be patient and loving with her and help her get through whatever she is going through.
My wife and I are almost 40.....we have been married 18 years and have two young boys. Life can be tough and sometimes. Be there for each other and keep on keeping on.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:34:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You're an alcoholic, that's what is going on.

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Akvavit will fix your problem.
View Quote

Aalborg for the win
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:27:46 AM EDT
[#22]
How yellow are you?  

Like, light butter, or Simpsons?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't have PTSD.

View Quote

You sure about that? Because, it sounds to me like you have a problem that you are trying to mask with alcohol.

Just saying.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:01:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You sure about that? Because, it sounds to me like you have a problem that you are trying to mask with alcohol.

Just saying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't have PTSD.

Just saying.

There's lots of people self-medicating all manner of mental illness with alcohol.  "Simple" depression is a big one.  Kind of ironic to treat depression with a depressant.  Maybe that's why it doesn't fucking work.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#25]
In before cirrhosis.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote
If I killed a 5th in two hours I would be fucking wrecked.  Like on the ground wrecked.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#27]
You aren't impervious to alcohol. Just resistant to it. Somebody near you makes 200+ proof moonshine. Get some of it and you'll be shitfaced. Maybe have your wife or someone responsible around.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Through some magical combo of body weight, genetics, and practice, people can have/build one hell of a tolerance.  It is useful to be the sober-ish one amongst your passed out folks.  After all, someone has to administer drunk-triage, but you quickly realize that role absolutely sucks, and the nights get insanely expensive, whether alone or in company.

Quit now.  You will be healthier, wealthier, and wiser.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I can not in all honesty say I have ever drank anything alcoholic for the taste. If I drink it is to get at least a little relaxation going on. Some things are easier to drink than others but as a whole most outside of a handful of beers and some wine types are nasty.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If your drinking to get drunk and not just enjoying the flavor of the drink, you need to seek help.  This is the actions of a teenager just starting to drink or someone with an underlying issue.  
Put down the booze and find a new mission.  When you have found it, you then can enjoy a drink or two without looking for the high.

I can not in all honesty say I have ever drank anything alcoholic for the taste. If I drink it is to get at least a little relaxation going on. Some things are easier to drink than others but as a whole most outside of a handful of beers and some wine types are nasty.

Wow!  Personally I love the after taste of different brands of Scotch.  Hell, I even started drinking wine to experience the aromas and follow up taste. In all honesty, I really never learned to appreciate beer/wine/spirits until I took a wine tour out in Napa Valley years ago.  My wife thinks I'm nucking futs when she sees me drinking liquor straight, one sip at a time.  Sip it, swish it and swallow. Then sit back and enjoy the experience.

Quoted:
Apple Pie Moonshine. Not from a liquor store.

Jesus Christ! My ass got double blistered one night with this stuff. Straight from the hills of Tennessee.   It was like drinking an apple pie.  Shit tasted so damned good I couldn't stop drinking it until I was too fucked up to put the glass to my lips.   My friends still laugh their ass off at me over this night.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I drank 13 Heinekens.......
View Quote

Arm get tired?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
1.  pour about 4-5 shots of cuervo into a short glass.  
2.  squeeze 1/4 lime juice into it.
3.  slam it and chase with 20oz of dos equis special
4.  0-happy in about 4.5 minutes...
5.  you're welcome
View Quote

Hmmm might try that one
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Switch to marijuana.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 2:05:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Is not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It takes about 3/4 a bottle of vodka before I feel anything. I know its a sin and am working to stop but it doesn't come easy

Is not.

Even Jusus drank the good stuff. Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It takes about 3/4 a bottle of vodka before I feel anything. I know its a sin and am working to stop but it doesn't come easy

Is not.

Lol.  There's no "good stuff" from that part of the world.  Seriously, there's Napa, the Rhone Valley, Italian, German, Australian... etc.  No one ever says "Oh this Lebanese wine is great!"
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#35]
stop drinking horse piss and start drinking beer. Time to switch to Imperial Stouts, barleywines, and Tripel IPA's.
Mikkeller makes the big worst (18%EtOH). drink 13 of those and you'll be in the ER getting your stomach pumped.

Also, drinking should be fun. If you are trying to get drunk to fix your problems you might wanna look into a different release.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 4:36:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Lol.  There's no "good stuff" from that part of the world.  Seriously, there's Napa, the Rhone Valley, Italian, German, Australian... etc.  No one ever says "Oh this Lebanese wine is great!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is not.

well, not lebanon, but...

http://buyingguide.winemag.com/regions/israel
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
"...Heinekens..."
>>Can't get drunk
View Quote

my first thought!
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is not.

I meant higher alcohol content

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#39]
If you REALLY want to get drunk, you're drinking too slow. I've had 16 beers in a night and didn't get drunk. I've also had 3 18%alc beers within an hour and gotten drunk.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Switch to vodka, then decide if dying young is worth it to you and your family.

Just to edit I am not judging you, I am a heavy drinker myself.  I do not have children though.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#41]
1.  Move to Russia
2.  Drink Russian vodka
3.  Make videos of you not getting drunk in Russia
4.  Post videos
5.  The more bleeeyaaatttts the more $$$
6.  Profit
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Liar!
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah, I am the same way, have not been drunk in a long long time. Most I ever get is buzzed..

Except for one time a while back, in Beijing. I got so wasted I don't remember WTF happened???? Still quite puzzled over that.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:14:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
There was a time when I could not fall asleep unless I got drunk.

That's one of the reasons why I quit six years ago.

Honestly, ever since I got back from over there I have been having problems feeling anything except the urge to go back.

I love my family...but I feel unfulfilled.

I think I hide it real well from my family...but I need to figure this shit out.
View Quote

LOL, I have that part figured out for you man: Realize that Afghanistan is fucking gay now and the way you remember it is not how it currently is. It was lame as shit 2 years ago when I was last there, and talking with my friends who are there currently - it's gotten even worse.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:25:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Try a little harder.

Danny
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:28:55 PM EDT
[#47]
It's often difficult for me to get much effect from wine or beer. Liquor will do it though.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:47:39 PM EDT
[#48]
I was a big fan of Vodka/Rum/Whiskey and coke for a number of years.   Eventually I had built up such a tolerance I could drink 9 shots worth over two hours and not even be fazed.  Recently I've switched back to drinking  6-7% beer and find 3 or 4 over a couple hours will get me a much nicer buzz.   It's almost like my body was just rejecting the alcohol overload.  I also tend to drink the beer more slowly vs the mixed drinks which I would down very quickly.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:48:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Maybe it's time to stop?
View Quote

this.

Or google "alcohol death pics liver disease"
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:40:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Last night 15 beers and a couple of double rum and cokes.

Tonight eight beers and seven mixed drinks...

Nothing.

I feel like I can take a PT test right fuckin' now.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top