Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/2/2015 10:35:12 AM EDT
Link

He’s gone to Canada to get away from America's cops.

A black American citizen from New York State, who has several outstanding warrants, fled to the True North and has applied for refugee status, saying he fears cops at home are targeting him for his race.

“They’re consistently killing black people, it’s documented, the United Nations has condemned America for their racial disparities for their police brutality,” Kyle Lydell Canty, 30, told CBC late last month.

“And honestly, I kept on getting harassed by cops for no reason, false charges, false arrests — I’m not just the only one going through it. All black people in America are going through the same thing. It’s corruption.”
View Quote

Invoking the deaths of Eric Garner and Michael Brown, he said blacks are “being exterminated at an alarming rate” in his native land.

During an Oct. 23 hearing with country’s Immigration and Refugee Board, Canty professed: “I’m in fear of my life because I’m black. This is a well-founded fear.”

Canty is right on two accounts . Blacks are almost twice as likely to be killed by police than whites, Hispanics or Latinos, according to data from The Guardian’s police deaths project The Counted. And the United Nations has indeed censured the United States about this very fact, with the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination condemning police brutality last August during the riots in Ferguson, Mo. over Michael Brown's death.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:37:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Canty is right on two accounts . Blacks are almost twice as likely to be killed by police than whites, Hispanics or Latinos, according to data from The Guardian’s police deaths project The Counted. And the United Nations has indeed censured the United States about this very fact, with the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination condemning police brutality last August during the riots in Ferguson, Mo. over Michael Brown's death.
View Quote

Coincidentally Blacks are more than twice as likely to fight with police.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:37:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe this should be encouraged.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:39:01 AM EDT
[#4]
lol
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:39:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#6]
These morons think by threatening to move to Canada, it's some kind of bad ass political protest. When really, we're all saying "fine, get out then".
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:39:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe this should be encouraged.
View Quote

I'd be exceptionally surprised if he got it, and will doubly laugh when he gets sent back and likely gets hooked up for an outstanding warrant at the border.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't act like a criminal and you won't be treated like a criminal.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I wonder if he's going to Toronto (want that money) or Ottawa (want that money).

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nah....

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I hope this is a thing now and really catches on.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Good.  Fuck that guy
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:52:43 AM EDT
[#15]
I thought this was going to be a Randy Quaid thread.  

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Actually, proportionately blacks commit more crimes than whites. As a police office I fought more whites than any other racial group.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Enterprising, but he'll end up with a warrant in Canada too, eventually ...
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:55:59 AM EDT
[#18]
So a group of people comprising 6% of the total population of the US, that commits almost half of the crimes in the US, is only shot at twice the rate of a group of people who comprise 37% of the population who commit less than 30% of the crime in that same country.  

Sounds more like white men have a target on their back...

#WLM

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Nutter
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:02:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Outstanding warrants?  You don't say!
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:12:47 AM EDT
[#21]
"Gimme a mug of Jack Daniels and call the state police."
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Outstanding warrants?  You don't say!
View Quote

Racist. That has absolutely nothing with his fear of being shot to death by the police.
He's really an aspiring rapper who just needs some space for his career.

Wonder how soon the welfare benefits kick in for him in the true north.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:16:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:19:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So a group of people comprising 6% of the total population of the US, that commits almost half of the crimes in the US, is only shot at twice the rate of a group of people who comprise 37% of the population who commit less than 30% of the crime in that same country.  

Sounds more like white men have a target on their back...

#WLM

View Quote

Facts are racist.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:19:49 AM EDT
[#25]
A black American citizen from New York State, who has several outstanding warrants

Somehow I don't think the Canadians are going to roll out the red carpet for this guy.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:23:03 AM EDT
[#26]
He probably heard that Canadian prisons are much nicer than American prisons.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:23:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Good.  Let the ghetto move up there.  They want to tell us how to fix our problems - let them first experience the problems.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
Me too.

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Actually, proportionately blacks commit more crimes than whites. As a police office I fought more whites than any other racial group.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll defer to your professional experience there, but just as you said blacks commit more crimes thus there are more instances of them being in the position to and fighting with police. I'm sure this varies pretty greatly with the AO as well.

Interestingly enough, they took their data point from here and if you change the Race/Ethnicity part to "total" it flips it to show that almost twice as many white people have been killed as black people. They seem to be ignorantly comparing the % of the black US population dying by cop to the white %, which while valid numbers themselves really just attest to the typically criminal nature of their culture.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#30]
buh-bye
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#31]
I hope they grant it to him.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Lol. He should move to Quebec so he can see what real racism is like.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:32:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Me too.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.  

He already got removed from Canada, and upon return extradited to CA for outstanding warrants.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
A black American citizen from New York State, who has several outstanding warrants

Somehow I don't think the Canadians are going to roll out the red carpet for this guy.
View Quote

I want to say that the last three times I went North across the border, the Mounties ran me in NCIC. I also recall being told that they routinely deny access to motorists with active warrants or DUI convictions.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Don't act like a criminal and you won't be treated like a criminal.
View Quote

Facts are racist.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#38]
So when the frostback cops do little to protect him against the ultimate protected special Çanadian class of criminals he will weep.....enjoy Sharia law cupcake.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I want to say that the last three times I went North across the border, the Mounties ran me in NCIC. I also recall being told that they routinely deny access to motorists with active warrants or DUI convictions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depending on what the warrants are for, if he claims asylum it opens possibilities. I wish I was joking.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:42:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So when the frostback cops do little to protect him against the ultimate protected special Çanadian class of criminals he will weep.....enjoy Sharia law cupcake.
View Quote

Actually in BC is mostly Chinese/Indian people
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#42]
lol

canadians
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:45:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Facts is racist yo
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:47:30 AM EDT
[#44]
I know an Air Force pilot stationed in Japan right now.  He's not shy posting on FB about how he does not want to return to the U.S. due to "police brutality".  
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#45]
They need to take in more US refugees.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Can we send our recently freed 'nonviolent' prisoners to Canada?

Works for Mexico.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:55:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
They need to take in more US refugees.
View Quote

Hmmm.  So Canada takes in our unwanted population/ refugees, we take in Germany's unwanted population (native Germans) and Germany takes in Northern Africa and the ME unwanted population.  This could work.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 12:09:12 PM EDT
[#48]

Keep your little snowflakes
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Its funny how they seem to forget they have a black president.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 12:52:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Could we send him to Germany and call him a Syrian refugee?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top