Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/1/2015 10:32:10 AM EDT

Police: Customer with concealed carry license kills robber; 5 wounded in other shootings

A robbery was thwarted at a Southwest Side corner store Saturday night when a patron with a concealed carry license shot and killed an armed robber, authorities said.

Citing preliminary information, police said a man walked into a store in the 2700 block of West 51st Street in the Gage Park neighborhood around 7 p.m., announced a robbery to an employee working behind the counter and displayed a handgun.

Another employee came from the back of the store and the gunman pointed his weapon at her, police said. He then made her go to the back of the store, which also serves as a currency exchange.

After that, a customer who was also inside the business pulled out a gun and opened fire at the robber, killing him, police said. The robber was believed to be in his 40s, police said.

Police said the shooter has a valid concealed carry license and a valid firearm owner's identification card.

At least five people have been wounded in other shootings across the city since Saturday night, police said:

this warms my heart!

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:33:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure it will be ignored, or just counted as more "gun violence" to push the narrative.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Didn't think you were allowed to carry in Chicago?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:34:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Shitcago has CCW?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:34:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Chicago gets a win on the scoreboard for once!

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:34:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:35:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Link?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Link?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-1-dead-in-shooting-at-gage-park-business-20151031-story.html

Haha, Second City Cop's comment on the ABC 7 story:

Um, 2700 West doesn't mean "west side." Just thought we'd point that out to the pinheads at ABC.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:37:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Link?

View Quote

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-1-dead-in-shooting-at-gage-park-business-20151031-story.html
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#10]
He is not a good liberal
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:39:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm sure it will be ignored, or just counted as more "gun violence" to push the narrative.
View Quote

Just another "child" killed by guns.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:44:35 AM EDT
[#12]
In before the DOJ investigates for a civil rights violation.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Shitcago has CCW?
View Quote

Pistols and carry is prempted by state law.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In before the DOJ investigates for a civil rights violation.
View Quote

In B-4 the civil suit for wrongful death.  It's not whether the suspect was wrongfully killed, but a nuisance suit that is cheaper to settle out of court.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:54:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Our CC laws don't allow for individual municipalities/cities to ban CC. So chicago has concealed carriers. That being said, it's a nightmare trying to figure out where you can and can't carry in chicago though. For instance, no CC on public transportation, which is HUGE in chicago.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#16]

The story is BS, why just last week the media told us concealed carriers don't ever use their guns in self defense.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:59:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Good shoot.

Do we have a description of the deaded robber?  For, um...reasons.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Good shoot.

Do we have a description of the deaded robber?  For, um...reasons.
View Quote

Cold?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#19]
How will we ever survive without all that un-rapped rap?

TC

ETA: That glow you see on the horizion south of Chicago is my heart being warmed by this story.  And they say fairy tales never come true.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Good shoot. CCWFTMFW!
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#21]
He'll be counted as a "gun death" in the Brady tally
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#22]
A life taken over material possessions? Oh teh noes!

Some thugs from a "rich and vibrant culture" robbed a pawn shop at Admiral and Memorial in Tulsa a few years ago. As instructed by company policy, all employees were completely obedient to the punks and let them have the money without any resistance.

The punk-assed little shits headed for their car in the parking lot when one of the "aspiring rap artists" turned around at the exit, and with ZERO provocation, shot a 22 year old clerk dead at the counter for no reason other than the fact the clerk was white.

Let those with ears, hear.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#23]

One CCW holder has single handedly proved every Chicago politician wrong... love it!

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#24]
That urban entrepreneur was just trying to provide for his children, he didn't deserve this, he has rights too!
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:12:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Here's a novel idea, don't rob a store and you won't get shot.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Effective way to combat crime in Shitcago is citizens protecting themselves.  Good shoot.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:48:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

yea, another victim of gun violence whose name will be added to the list of dead used by gun control groups when they like to read out all the voctim's names.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
He'll be counted as a "gun death" in the Brady tally
View Quote

Truth. They called the Boston Bomber terrorist who was killed by police a "victim of gun violence."
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:57:00 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Our CC laws don't allow for individual municipalities/cities to ban CC. So chicago has concealed carriers. That being said, it's a nightmare trying to figure out where you can and can't carry in chicago though. For instance, no CC on public transportation, which is HUGE in chicago.
View Quote

Yea you can tell they were being pissy over getting smacked into having a CHL      

I am happy they put a provision for non res driving through   Although whether or not I am doing anything different than I did for the last 10 years is not going to be discussed here
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
A life taken over material possessions? Oh teh noes!

Some thugs from a "rich and vibrant culture" robbed a pawn shop at Admiral and Memorial in Tulsa a few years ago. As instructed by company policy, all employees were completely obedient to the punks and let them have the money without any resistance.

The punk-assed little shits headed for their car in the parking lot when one of the "aspiring rap artists" turned around at the exit, and with ZERO provocation, shot a 22 year old clerk dead at the counter for no reason other than the fact the clerk was white.

Let those with ears, hear.

View Quote

When somebody points a gun at somebody else, it isn't about material possessions anymore, it is about the threat to life.

ETA. It doesn't matter if he hasn't shot anybody yet.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Swing his body off the tower for a week.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:12:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Thug was trying to get store employee(s) into the back. Local precedent for that being very bad, such as the 1993 Brown's Chicken massacre in Palatine, a Chicago suburb. Something like 7-10 people were killed.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is precisely what will happen. I remember reading an article, sorry I don't remember what website, saying that in Chicago, the Police would count this as a "homicide" due to gun violence.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That is precisely what will happen. I remember reading an article, sorry I don't remember what website, saying that in Chicago, the Police would count this as a "homicide" due to gun violence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just asked a friend who is CPD and he said that yes, this will be counted as a homicide.  Anytime someone kills someone else it is a homicide- but from there it can go to man slaughter or justifiable homicide.  Not sure how all of that works, but there you are.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:24:18 PM EDT
[#39]
For some reason I get the feeling that this incident and the recent one in Reading, PA discussed in another thread, won't fit the BLM narrative of racist shootings.  Either the bad guys wil turn out to be some other ethnicity/minority and or the CCW holders will be minorities. Thusly ignored by the media and the cause, other that as stated to be used by the Brady Bunch as lesser victims of gun.  Either way, the crimes they were committing and the issue of self defense will be rendered irrelevant.

ETA: So I stand corrected after the update.  It will fit the BLM narrative and the family of the suspect is claiming disbelief and shock to the official account of the incident and demanding the CCW holder be charged.  I did get the rendering his crimes irrelevant to the narrative.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:29:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Just asked a friend who is CPD and he said that yes, this will be counted as a homicide.  Anytime someone kills someone else it is a homicide- but from there it can go to man slaughter or justifiable homicide.  Not sure how all of that works, but there you are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Homicide by definition is the killing of a person by another person.  Murder, manslaughter, culpable negligence etc. are crimes defined by statutes that require a specific intent or indifference to injury or life.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:36:02 PM EDT
[#41]
It will be interesting to see how the Cook County DA spins this.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#42]
The beloved deceased was just making his own personal contribution to wealth redistribution, something practiced by every Prog politician.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:53:28 PM EDT
[#43]
What is the world coming to when it's not safe to rob someone in Chicago
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:59:19 PM EDT
[#44]
A good shoot made into an awesome shoot because it was in Chicago!
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#45]
These self defense shootings keep going at this rate Hillary is going to lose a lot of votes.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Brady will mark this down as another senseless act of "gun violence".
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Streets of blood!
Wild West, perp got capped
Oh, the feels
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 1:13:47 PM EDT
[#48]
I bet that thief never saw it coming.  Dirt bags in Shitago should be paying attention.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#49]
In before ccw holder gets arrested for murder and sent to jail for life.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Article in OP has been updated.

The dead man has been identified as Reginald Gildersleeve, 55, of the 5000 block of South California Avenue, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.
View Quote

Oh look, a frequent flyer in the ILDOC and Cook County.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top