Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 10/13/2015 12:44:38 PM EDT
Lena Dunham Turns Jennifer Lawrence Into an A**hole

...And now Dunham’s got her hooks into Lawrence. And now someone whose primary appeal was that she came off as her Own Woman is crybabying in public that she didn’t ask for enough millions…

"It’s hard for me to speak about my experience as a working woman because I can safely say my problems aren’t exactly relatable. When the Sony hack happened and I found out how much less I was being paid than the lucky people with dicks, I didn’t get mad at Sony. I got mad at myself. I failed as a negotiator because I gave up early."

"But if I’m honest with myself, I would be lying if I didn’t say there was an element of wanting to be liked that influenced my decision to close the deal without a real fight. I didn’t want to seem “difficult” or “spoiled.” At the time, that seemed like a fine idea, until I saw the payroll on the Internet and realized every man I was working with definitely didn’t worry about being “difficult” or “spoiled.”"

"I don’t think I’m the only woman with this issue. Are we socially conditioned to behave this way? We’ve only been able to vote for what, 90 years? I’m seriously asking — my phone is on the counter and I’m on the couch, so a calculator is obviously out of the question. Could there still be a lingering habit of trying to express our opinions in a certain way that doesn’t “offend” or “scare” men?"

"A few weeks ago at work, I spoke my mind and gave my opinion in a clear and no-bullshit way; no aggression, just blunt. The man I was working with (actually, he was working for me) said, “Whoa! We’re all on the same team here!” As if I was yelling at him. I was so shocked because nothing that I said was personal, offensive, or, to be honest, wrong. All I hear and see all day are men speaking their opinions, and I give mine in the same exact manner, and you would have thought I had said something offensive."

"I don’t think I’ve ever worked for a man in charge who spent time contemplating what angle he should use to have his voice heard."

"Again, this might have NOTHING to do with my vagina, but I wasn’t completely wrong when another leaked Sony email revealed a producer referring to a fellow lead actress in a negotiation as a “spoiled brat.” For some reason, I just can’t picture someone saying that about a man."
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Tl;dr

I'll give her a dick to borrow for a bit.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd still hit it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#3]
she is turning into moonbat fast.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Shame...
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#5]
She sounds hysterical.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:48:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Can't she just identify as a man? Problem solved
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#7]
She's the girl from Hunger Games right? What men in those films are getting paid more than her?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#8]
If I found out that a lot of coworkers, who I didn't believe brought any more value to the job than I did, but they were getting paid a LOT more than me, I'd be pissed too, and I'd wish I were more assertive.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#9]
She's in, what, the top 2% of wage earners in the world and she's complaining?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#10]
She could have Bruce Jenner's put on.....
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I found out that a lot of coworkers, who I didn't believe brought any more value to the job than I did, but they were getting paid a LOT more than me, I'd be pissed too, and I'd wish I were more assertive.
View Quote

are other people on her set getting paid more than her? Where do we see these numbers?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I guess Oprah's vagina is also responsible for her measly 3 billion dollar net worth.  If Oprah had a cock, surely she would be rolling 15 billion dollars deep.

And she is managed by CAA. Isnt her manager (probably a man with a dick) responsible for her negotiations?  And isn't it in their best interest to take as much as they can get since it pays their bills, too?

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:55:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably closer to top .2%
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Her 15mins is almost up.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#15]
She made her own bed and doesn't like sleeping in it.  She is actually the one who got lucky, in that she got information she would have otherwise been oblivious to.  Next time she is at the table, she will have more information to work with and can make a better deal.  
BTW, why don't you come work a year in agriculture or the trades, sweetheart.  Until you do that, dont' come b&^%#*g to me.
ETA: She was probably completely happy with her compensation until the leak.  Ignorance is bliss.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just wait until she is no longer attractive..
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:57:15 PM EDT
[#17]
She's a lucky person with a vagina. Just shut up. I've got a pacifier for her to suck on.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#18]
are we supposed to know who she is?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#19]
1)  I have a penis
2)  She makes WAY more than I do, or ever will.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:57:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

About her agent apparently.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:58:25 PM EDT
[#21]
when i go to pee and it shoots sideways all over the toilet, i dont feel all that lucky
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:58:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
1)  I have a penis
2)  She makes WAY more than I do, or ever will.
View Quote

But....but.......VICTIM1111!!1!@!!1!!1
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Her nekkid pics were top notch. Top. Notch.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

are other people on her set getting paid more than her? Where do we see these numbers?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is the question.

IF she is reacting to a reality, and that reality is that guys who aren't bringing in more income for the studio, aren't as big "stars," or are no bigger "stars," and are getting paid more just because, well hell yeah I'd be pissed if I were her. Wouldn't you? Taking gender out of it, if you found out that you were being paid far less than others around you that you KNEW were no more "valuable" than you, you'd be pissed.

Whether this is true or not in Lawrence's case, who knows. It wouldn't surprise me, though. Hollywood can be full of liberal hypocrites who talk equality but don't actually practice it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#27]
change your name to Justin and turn that vag inside out...  you'll be even more famous!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:59:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Maybe if she had a better agent...
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyway I just saw she got $500K for the first hunger games and $10m for the sequels.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's happening fast too, she is partying way to much and i can see it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:01:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That is the question.

IF she is reacting to a reality, and that reality is that guys who aren't bringing in more income for the studio, aren't as big "stars," or are no bigger "stars," and are getting paid more just because, well hell yeah I'd be pissed if I were her. Wouldn't you? Taking gender out of it, if you found out that you were being paid far less than others around you that you KNEW were no more "valuable" than you, you'd be pissed.

Whether this is true or not in Lawrence's case, who knows. It wouldn't surprise me, though. Hollywood can be full of liberal hypocrites who talk equality but don't actually practice it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is the question.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3075487/Hunger-Games-star-Jennifer-Lawrence-wins-Hollywood-gender-pay-gap-battle-paid-double-leading-man-s-wage-new-film.html
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:01:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

wat
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

She's a good actress, but I saw 5-10 girls in Panama City beach last weekend that put her to shame.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#35]
What the fuck happened to this website?  Used to be funny or weird articles, gun stuff, guy stuff, now it's turned into E!TV.  

Who is Jennifer Lawrence?  Oh ok the girl from hunger games or whatever else shes been in that I didn't watch.  

Who fucking cares?  Sounds like a whinny ass ungrateful bitch, IMO.  Yeah lady dicks are lucky, wanna rub mine?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Boo fucking hoo
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Taking gender out of it, if you found out that you were being paid far less than others around you that you KNEW were no more "valuable" than you, you'd be pissed.
View Quote

And how exactly does one determine or know that others are no more valuable than they are?  

Fun fact:  If someone is willing to pay someone else more than you to do the work, they are apparently more valuable than you in the eyes of the employer, whether you "know" you're equal to them or not.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
She sounds hysterical.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is the question.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3075487/Hunger-Games-star-Jennifer-Lawrence-wins-Hollywood-gender-pay-gap-battle-paid-double-leading-man-s-wage-new-film.html

Well, then!

I have to admit, I've never heard of her leading man. IS he as big a "star" as she is? This is the issue. It's a big IF. IF she is being paid less than male stars who are not any "bigger" stars than her, bring no more to the box office, then she's got a right to be pissed. But IF it's just a matter of so-and-so male star is higher up on the fame food chain and that's why he's paid more, then suck it up buttercup.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:04:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What the fuck happened to this website?  Used to be funny or weird articles, gun stuff, guy stuff, now it's turned into E!TV.  

Who is Jennifer Lawrence?  Oh ok the girl from hunger games or whatever else shes been in that I didn't watch.  

Who fucking cares?  Sounds like a whinny ass ungrateful bitch, IMO.  Yeah lady dicks are lucky, wanna rub mine?
View Quote

It is bigger than just her.

It is about much of the commentary that goes on in his country about how women complain about "gender inequality" and such.

The icing on the cake are the numbers that were subsequently posted in this thread that shows that she is full of shit.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:05:08 PM EDT
[#42]
I think her real problem is that she just realized that as her breast sags, her earning power will be sagging with them.  That said, not many men can get paid just to look pretty.

Most likely, women get paid less in the movie industry because they are more readily replaceable.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#43]

Poor girl. She must be having a hard time scraping up enough money to pay the rent and put food on the table.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:05:59 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

She was really good in winter's bone  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

are we supposed to know who she is?
She was really good in winter's bone  

Great movie.

Great book, too.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:06:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Why is Lena Dunham even being mentioned? Literally nothing about the quote seems to relate to her...

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#46]
She bitches about her pay to a guy that in her own words, WORKS for her and somehow HE is the problem when he doesn't like the bitching?

Make another sex video toots, it'll work better.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

wat
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

wat

google is your friend...

Just...maybe not at work.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That is the question.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is the question.

It doesn't matter what you think your "value" is. What matters is your ability to convince others to pay what you think your "value" is. She failed, others didn't. Sure, I'd be a little miffed, but some people have an easier shake at life than others. No reason to go bitch and complain on the internet. It was an ace card she should have held on to.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

So post some of that stuff, genius.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
She's a good actress, but I saw 5-10 girls in Panama City beach last weekend that put her to shame.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see 5-10 a day here.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top