BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A little girl accidentally let the dog out.  It wasn't a reoccurring thing.  The dog wasn't shitting, eating chickens, etc.  I might have an unusual attachment to my dogs, but some of you have an unusual attachment to your land.  If the dog had been doing anything out of the way,  I wouldn't have posted about it or gotten so pissed.  I should have made that more clear though.
View Quote

So the little girl is responsible for the dog being shot.  How do you know the dog wasn't shitting or eating chickens or chasing some cat lady's favorite cat?  How do you even know the dog was shot?  It could be a Halloween stunt to troll you and get your feelz all tied up in your panties.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:23:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I see a dog in my neighborhood I try to find the owner . I don't shoot it. If my Irish setter gets off  her leash and I can't catch her and she comes home shot, I'll probably find you.
View Quote
Yup.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Only assholes harm dogs ( and cats). There should be a bounty on the cowards.
I'm just old enough to not give a damn about the consequences of dealing a dog shooting bastard.
I'm a fear believer in the 3 S's.

I know some Jr is going to go off on the "internet bad guy" rant.  Go ahead, enjoy. But the fact is, and anyone who's older and doesn't need to kiss anyone's ass in life knows exactly what i'm saying.
View Quote

You're full of shit old man.
You've never even thought about taking someone's life and if it comes down to it you won't shoot someone over a dog.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Oh no you puffed your chest and made threats, don't back down now, you will look like a wuss.  Tell me all about it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see a dog in my neighborhood I try to find the owner . I don't shoot it. If my Irish setter gets off  her leash and I can't catch her and she comes home shot, I'll probably find you.
What do you mean by "find you"  Do you mean locate? Assault?  Murder?  This is important. Be specific.

It's really not that important
Oh no you puffed your chest and made threats, don't back down now, you will look like a wuss.  Tell me all about it.

I'll tell you about it. If someone maliciously hurts my pets I will fuck them up. Copy paste and put that into your hard drive. Any more questions?

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Lol wtf are you gonna do hard ass?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We really have no idea what caused it. For all we know the dog was trying to get someone's chickens.

Who gives a fuck... Would you murder someone's family member to save your meal? chickens are not on the same level as dogs, period.

Your dog is worth less to me than my livestock.

My dog harms your livestock, I will compensate you.  You shoot my dog, we are going to have problems.

Lol wtf are you gonna do hard ass?

lol right? I love reading shit like this on the internet
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:29:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nothing I can add here is CoC compliant. If someone has a problem with one of my animals, tell me and I will take them under control.

Shoot one of my critters, you may as well have shot one of my kids. I will start by digging 2 graves.

Read that however you like.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This is the correct answer.

Some of you are fucking psychopaths.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Was the dog threatening someone? I mean shit guys, you're going to shoot a dog just because it's on your property? That's just crazy to me. I'll probably (and I have before) taken a look at it's tag and seen if there's a number on there.

This is the correct answer.

Some of you are fucking psychopaths.
Yup.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Who gives a fuck... Would you murder someone's family member to save your meal? chickens are not on the same level as dogs, period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We really have no idea what caused it. For all we know the dog was trying to get someone's chickens.

What about dinosaurs? Where are they on the dog-chicken spectrum?

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:33:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Was the dog threatening someone? I mean shit guys, you're going to shoot a dog just because it's on your property? That's just crazy to me. I'll probably (and I have before) taken a look at it's tag and seen if there's a number on there.
View Quote

It depends on what level of problem it becomes.  In most all cases this isn't a one-time thing.  Someone is tired of this dog and what it's doing on their property.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:33:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd never do that.  Must have been a horrible thing to witness........but,  that's what fences and responsibility are for.  It's no secret there are a whole lot of non caring assholes out there so take precautions so something like this will not happen.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Some mentally ill people in this thread.
View Quote

On both sides of the argument too. Holy shit.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Muh Land!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I understand your emotions, but the dog was on another mans property.  Owners with the feels should keep their pets in check.

Muh Land!

Muh precious pets that I let roam the countryside..... cause muh pets are precious to everyone!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:39:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  If your family member comes to steal food from my mouth I'd feel just fine shooting them too.   Does that trigger you sport?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ain't that the damn truth.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

My dog harms your livestock, I will compensate you.  You shoot my dog, we are going to have problems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your dog is worth less to me than my livestock.

I'm not interested in being paid for my dead livestock.   I'm interested in keeping my livestock.... alive.   I guess we'll have problems then.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:44:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nothing I can add here is CoC compliant. If someone has a problem with one of my animals, tell me and I will take them under control.

Shoot one of my critters, you may as well have shot one of my kids. I will start by digging 2 graves.

View Quote

Ohhhhh..... badass man...... bad...... ass.....
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now this is an entertaining thread
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:47:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:49:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yes.  If your family member comes to steal food from my mouth I'd feel just fine shooting them too.   Does that trigger you sport?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You will get fewer responses/resistance to that scenario than mentioning dog killing.  Watch.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:49:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So would you shoot a bigger kid beating on your kid in your own yard?  

We have other options than killing.

A large rott mix came into our garage when I was about 7 years old, living in a rural area. My 25 lb border collie mix broke through the screen door and attacked the invading dog. The other dog was so big that my dog bite it on the neck and the other dog was swinging my dog around, trying to through him off.

I got my plastic tee ball bat and separated the dogs. I was SEVEN, with a PLASTIC bat.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strange dogs are a danger to mine.

I'd shoot a dog if it went for my dog, especially in my own yard. My little 20 lb idiot isn't meant to take a beating from a much bigger dog.

A large rott mix came into our garage when I was about 7 years old, living in a rural area. My 25 lb border collie mix broke through the screen door and attacked the invading dog. The other dog was so big that my dog bite it on the neck and the other dog was swinging my dog around, trying to through him off.

I got my plastic tee ball bat and separated the dogs. I was SEVEN, with a PLASTIC bat.

Hey. Here's a clue.   Dogs are not kids.   I don't have to rationalize with your canine pet about it's intentions.  Keep it controlled and there will never be an issue.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:55:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Muh precious pets that I let roam the countryside..... cause muh pets are precious to everyone!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I understand your emotions, but the dog was on another mans property.  Owners with the feels should keep their pets in check.

Muh Land!

Muh doggy dindu nuffin.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#23]

That's clever.

Nguyen Loan probably would've had more patience with a dog, though.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:04:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Lol some dog owners here are on equal footing with the old crazy cat ladies.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

ETA: I don't want some of you to get PMS over this or take it the wrong way, so I will clarify.  Without knowing the mans past experience with dogs roaming his property and their actions, or current events with dogs roaming his property and their actions, the responsibility lies with the irresponsible pet owner which gives other responsible pet owners a bad name.  If the dog was just running across another mans yard, with no livestock, no kids, no attacks, and is being non-threatening, then I certainly don't condone just shooting a dog.
View Quote

Oh for fucks sake.  A dog simply being on your property is NO excuse for killing it.   Is it killing your valuable livestock?  Yeah, shoot it.  Is it attacking your wife, kids, or precious and delicate little Pomeranian lap dog?  yeah, shoot it.   Is it in your back yard sniffing around and pissing on your rosebushes?   You are a fucking douche for shooting it.

People are all too quick with the "control your dog" routine.   A dog as a creature with a mind of its own.   It isn't a car that you park in the garage.   A dog can and will explore if it gets loose.   And some of them are pretty god damned clever at getting loose, even with the best supervision and most caring owners.

The wannabe dog shooters and holier-than-thou fuckheads won't be the slightest bit fazed by what I say.   They've made up their minds.   But the fact remains, shooting a pet that is not a threat, or a chronic nuisance is not just a douchebag move, it borders on evil, between the lack of compassion for the owners, and the lack of compassion for the animal itself.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Oh for fucks sake.  A dog simply being on your property is NO excuse for killing it.   Is it killing your valuable livestock?  Yeah, shoot it.  Is it attacking your wife, kids, or precious and delicate little Pomeranian lap dog?  yeah, shoot it.   Is it in your back yard sniffing around and pissing on your rosebushes?   You are a fucking douche for shooting it.

People are all too quick with the "control your dog" routine.   A dog as a creature with a mind of its own.   It isn't a car that you park in the garage.   A dog can and will explore if it gets loose.   And some of them are pretty god damned clever at getting loose, even with the best supervision and most caring owners.

The wannabe dog shooters and holier-than-thou fuckheads won't be the slightest bit fazed by what I say.   They've made up their minds.   But the fact remains, shooting a pet that is not a threat, or a chronic nuisance is not just a douchebag move, it borders on evil, between the lack of compassion for the owners, and the lack of compassion for the animal itself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA: I don't want some of you to get PMS over this or take it the wrong way, so I will clarify.  Without knowing the mans past experience with dogs roaming his property and their actions, or current events with dogs roaming his property and their actions, the responsibility lies with the irresponsible pet owner which gives other responsible pet owners a bad name.  If the dog was just running across another mans yard, with no livestock, no kids, no attacks, and is being non-threatening, then I certainly don't condone just shooting a dog.

Nailed it

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:14:03 AM EDT
[#27]
I do not advocate tox screen's at my laboratory for possible poisoned pets due to several instances of payback after the reporting happened. ( including a murder by shotgun blast).
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:14:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Echo
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:17:11 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I've seen folks here who claimed they would pull a guy out of his truck and beat him half to death for hitting their dog, who they allowed to run out into the road.

View Quote

I don't think that would work out as well as they think.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:26:31 AM EDT
[#30]
I just recently shot several dogs on my property

I heard my goats going crazy and then barking etc, grabbed my AR ran outside and 3 dogs had them cornered on 3 sides

I shot one DRT...2nd one I finished off in the field, and the 3rd got away

If you know anything about animals with Rumens, it took 3 days of nursing with probiatics and vitamin B complex and vitamin B to have their rumen recover from their panicked state

SO yes, your dog comes on my property and chases cattle or harasses my goats, or I see them chasing my cats...yes they will be shot dead, all of my neighbors feel the same way

we have lots of dogs city folks drop off "out in the woods"

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Sometimes dogs get out or shit happens. If it's not causing problems, a decent human being does the neighborly thing and tries to get it back to the owner.
View Quote

Yep. Shooting the dog isn't my first action, but if your dog is attacking my dogs, or my livestock, then it's going to die.

I've returned dogs to their owners before, no big deal.

I'm going shooting up dogs just because they're crossing my yard.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:30:29 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote
You don't get to just shoot people and things because they are on your property. You need to have just cause to discharge a firearm in an urban environment because doing so endangers all of those around you. Those bullets have to go somewhere and are infinitely more dangerous when fired by some yahoo who just wants to put a bullet in rover because he violated the sanctity of his property line than your average family dog. If the dog threatened him then good shoot. If the dog just got loose and pissed in his grass or on his tree, BAD shoot. If the dog was actively killing his chickens or something, good shoot. I mean who gives a fuck about being neighborly and not killing a neighbor's beloved pet anymore because it happened to got loose. Just shoot anyone or anything that sets foot on your property.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:35:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.  About that.  It doesn't get the chance.

A neighbor down the street had to watch his 6 year old daughter get her face half-ripped off by (gasp!) a lab mix owned by another neighbor a street over.  100 stiches and she lost most of the vision in one of her eyes, and part of her eyelid was ripped off.  She gets to live with that for the rest of her life, and so does her father.  The dog had a tag.  This was in a subdivision.  It happens all the time, all over the country/world. I know of multiple incidents of dogs doing this type of stuff, even dogs attacking their owners, or owner's family.

Dogs are animals.  They attack in an instant, and can do major damage.  They're not going to paw around, if they mean business. You don't know that dog, and it doesn't know you.  It has no loyalty to you.

You may be willing to take the chance, and you may end up being right, but if it goes wrong, the results can be catastrophic.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:36:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why weren't your animals under control to begin with?

I'm sure a jackass neighbor (or justified neighbor) who kills one of your animals is deserving of being murdered (after all, you're hiding the body you kill in the grave you're digging).  And then his wife can murder you.  And your wife can murder his.  And his kids can murder your wife.  And your kids can murder his kids.  And so on and so forth.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You don't get to just shoot people and things because they are on your property. You need to have just cause to discharge a firearm in an urban environment because doing so endangers all of those around you. Those bullets have to go somewhere and are infinitely more dangerous when fired by some yahoo who just wants to put a bullet in rover because he violated the sanctity of his property line than your average family dog. If the dog threatened him then good shoot. If the dog just got loose and pissed in his grass or on his tree, BAD shoot. If the dog was actively killing his chickens or something, good shoot. I mean who gives a fuck about being neighborly and not killing a neighbor's beloved pet anymore because it happened to got loose. Just shoot anyone or anything that sets foot on your property.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try reading.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

A neighbor down the street had to watch his 6 year old daughter get her face half-ripped off by (gasp!) a lab mix owned by another neighbor a street over.  100 stiches and she lost most of the vision in one of her eyes, and part of her eyelid was ripped off.  She gets to live with that for the rest of her life, and so does her father.  The dog had a tag.  This was in a subdivision.  It happens all the time, all over the country/world. I know of multiple incidents of dogs doing this type of stuff, even dogs attacking their owners, or owner's family.

Dogs are animals.  They attack in an instant, and can do major damage.  They're not going to paw around, if they mean business. You don't know that dog, and it doesn't know you.  It has no loyalty to you.

You may be willing to take the chance, and you may end up being right, but if it goes wrong, the results can be catastrophic.
View Quote

So what do you do? Shoot all dogs no questions asked?

I find that hard to believe.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:38:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I do not advocate tox screen's at my laboratory for possible poisoned pets due to several instances of payback after the reporting happened. ( including a murder by shotgun blast).
View Quote

I'd be curious how many of those were continuations of pre-existing feuds.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:42:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Agreed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

My lack of compassion for another person's poorly controlled animal is not relevant. Compassion is keeping your dawg in control whenever it's outside, and you make damn sure it stays within the confines of your property.

Team Feelz is in full force today.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My lack of compassion for another person's poorly controlled animal is not relevant. Compassion is keeping your dawg in control whenever it's outside, unless you make damn sure it stays within the confines of your property.

Team Feelz is in full force today.
View Quote

I'm certainly a "control your dog" guy. Still, killing an animal because it's on your property and for no other reason is a dick move.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Lol some dog owners here are on equal footing with the old crazy cat ladies.
View Quote

Minus the toxoplasmosis-induced mental illness.

I'd bet there's no shortage of hyperbole for both, though.  Those who'd shoot dogs probably aren't completely heartless bastards - if your Yorkie wandered into their yard they're probably not breaking out the AR10 with a mag full of SLAP rounds.  And those who'd freak out about their trespassing dogs would probably have a more measured response if their dog was out tearing up someone's yard... or livestock... or children.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#43]
I live in the country and keep my dog controlled and on my property.  One of my young kids occasionally lets her out on accident and she takes off like a bat out of hell.  If a neighboring property owner shot her on his/her land, I'd be bummed, but I'm not gonna go all Man on Fire and shit over it.  Some of you people need to get a grip on reality and stop treating your pets like human beings.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:51:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Anyone who shoots any domesticated animal who is not bringing harm to people, property or pets or livestock are disturbed individuals and should not be gun owners.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I live in the country and keep my dog controlled and on my property.  One of my young kids occasionally lets her out on accident and she takes off like a bat out of hell.  If a neighboring property owner shot her on his/her land, I'd be bummed, but I'm not gonna go all Man on Fire and shit over it.  Some of you people need to get a grip on reality and stop treating your pets like human beings.
View Quote

Yea, my dogs have gotten loose a few times. They like to go run the cows in a nearby field. I'd understand if the farmer shot them, but I'd be pretty sad about losing my pups.

People get overly emotional with pets, and fail to see that the value THEY place on the animal doesn't transfer to other people.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:54:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It goes, right then and there, one way or another.  

I've been fortunate that I've never had to shoot one, but I've gotten to the point that the kids were inside, and I've had the gun in my hand heading back out the door, or I've had a solid object in my hand heading towards the animal.

I don't want to shoot anything, honestly, outside of defense or for procurement of food.  I value life, in general, so I'm happy that it hasn't resorted to that.  Believe it or not, I really like animals, dogs and cats especially.  But I'm not under the delusion that they're not a threat when you meet one that you don't know.

Waiting for a dog to attack, or even having the notion that it will attack, before reacting is asking for disaster.  And a dog's life is not worth the risk to any of my family or animals.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strange dogs are a danger to mine.

I'd shoot a dog if it went for my dog, especially in my own yard. My little 20 lb idiot isn't meant to take a beating from a much bigger dog.

There is nothing I wouldn't do to protect my dog. He's my constant companion.

I have never killed an animal on purpose. The one life I took was from peeling an egg open before the chick was done developing, as a kid.

I have no yearning desire to kill someone's dog, and obviously I'd try other options before resorting to shooting it. That said, if I have to shoot a dog to protect mine, I would do it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Waiting for a dog to attack, or even having the notion that it will attack, before reacting is asking for disaster.  And a dog's life is not worth the risk to any of my family or animals.  
View Quote

So, do you feel the same way about all animals and humans?

If you don't, then you have an irrational fear of dogs. Killing something because you think it might do harm is pretty irrational.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:02:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

shot for running through his yard.

The dog was standing on their porch coughing up blood everywhere.

been hit in the lung.  .
View Quote

Control your animals.

No problems
Good shoot.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Do you have a link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A little girl accidentally let the dog out.  It wasn't a reoccurring thing.  The dog wasn't shitting, eating chickens, etc.  I might have an unusual attachment to my dogs, but some of you have an unusual attachment to your land.  If the dog had been doing anything out of the way,  I wouldn't have posted about it or gotten so pissed.  I should have made that more clear though.

For the reading impaired.... but feel free to interject your own personal scenario to change the narrative.

Yeah, a third hand report of a Facebook post is proof positive that muh baebee the dog dindu nuffin was just walking quietly. Probably just on its way to buy some watermelon tea and skittles.

Do you have a link?

You have as much info as I do. A third hand recap of a Facebook post.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top