Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:26:39 AM EDT
[#1]
It is unbelievable how many sick fucks post on this forum.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:27:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am just going off what he said, I am not throwing crazy scenarios that the dog was chasing cattle down the street, attacking my dog on my property, attacking a family member, is under mind control by aliens ect.......

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A little girl accidentally let the dog out.  It wasn't a reoccurring thing.  The dog wasn't shitting, eating chickens, etc.  I might have an unusual attachment to my dogs, but some of you have an unusual attachment to your land.  If the dog had been doing anything out of the way,  I wouldn't have posted about it or gotten so pissed.  I should have made that more clear though.

For the reading impaired.... but feel free to interject your own personal scenario to change the narrative.
And for the logically impaired, you're going to take a GDer's account of a Facebook post as gospel?

I am just going off what he said, I am not throwing crazy scenarios that the dog was chasing cattle down the street, attacking my dog on my property, attacking a family member, is under mind control by aliens ect.......

I don't know, in my experience, most people don't just shoot a dog for the simple act of being on the land.  So one can assume that in most scenarios, it was more than just that.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:28:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

yeah this...lets shoot any animal or other fucker that dares step on our properties...get off my lawn motherfucker

I really hope you aren't serious with your reply.  Dogs will be dogs and even the most responsible dog owner may face a situation where there pet gets away from them and winds up on someone else property (leash breaks, dog runs past an open door, etc).  That doesn't mean we need to go around shooting them.

My dog is in my avatar and is a genuine sweetheart.  At least thats what everyone says who meets her...I won't post on a public forum what I would do If anyone ever intentionally hurt her...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I understand your emotions, but the dog was on another mans property.  Owners with the feels should keep their pets in check.

yeah this...lets shoot any animal or other fucker that dares step on our properties...get off my lawn motherfucker

I really hope you aren't serious with your reply.  Dogs will be dogs and even the most responsible dog owner may face a situation where there pet gets away from them and winds up on someone else property (leash breaks, dog runs past an open door, etc).  That doesn't mean we need to go around shooting them.

My dog is in my avatar and is a genuine sweetheart.  At least thats what everyone says who meets her...I won't post on a public forum what I would do If anyone ever intentionally hurt her...

Read in to it whatever you want.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:30:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Was the dog threatening someone? I mean shit guys, you're going to shoot a dog just because it's on your property? That's just crazy to me. I'll probably (and I have before) taken a look at it's tag and seen if there's a number on there.
View Quote

This.  If it's attacking your livestock, fine.  If it's just wandering around, shooting it is just fucking hateful.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:33:14 AM EDT
[#5]
FPNI..

keep your pet in your own yard.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:36:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A little girl accidentally let the dog out.  It wasn't a reoccurring thing.  The dog wasn't shitting, eating chickens, etc.  I might have an unusual attachment to my dogs, but some of you have an unusual attachment to your land.  If the dog had been doing anything out of the way,  I wouldn't have posted about it or gotten so pissed.  I should have made that more clear though.
View Quote

So you were there the whole time? You saw what happened? or are you reading an emotional Facebook post with my baby didn't do nuffin about their dog?

I too have an irrational attachment to my dog and its why i am fanatical about them NOT getting out.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:38:04 AM EDT
[#7]
OP should seek some help; he seems to think animals are the same as humans.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:58:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's really not that important
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see a dog in my neighborhood I try to find the owner . I don't shoot it. If my Irish setter gets off  her leash and I can't catch her and she comes home shot, I'll probably find you.
What do you mean by "find you"  Do you mean locate? Assault?  Murder?  This is important. Be specific.

It's really not that important

No, it is. How many of my chickens should I see killed and not protect mine? So what if it was an accident or first time.

Yeah tough guy, come find me then.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Count me on Team Feels. I keep control of my dog because the world is full of Kansas City faggots, douchebags, and truck nuts.  I love the internet tough guys tripping over themselves trying to show how "logical" and "feels less" they are.  just a bunch of steely eyed hard asses until mom takes your cheesy poofs and you WIC gets cut off.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:08:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

OMG BACTERIA!!!

KILL ALL THE DOGS LIKE A PUSSY!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I understand your emotions, but the dog was on another mans property.  Owners with the feels should keep their pets in check.

Muh Land!

Exactly. Yeah, does this mean I can shoot someone's kid if it comes on my property?  Yes, I know there's a difference between a dog and a kid, but muh property.  You should have kept your kid off of it, shithead parent.    Seriously, some people are sociopaths with hard-ons to kill something.*  You know who you are.

*Prairie dogs excepted.
Dogs have teeth and bacteria to infect, when cornered and lost they can inflict both, ask me how I know. Small children, as a general rule they are not a threat.  

OMG BACTERIA!!!

I've never seen you post anything but bitchy, antagonistic replies to someone who hurt your feelings.

You seem to hang out here and just wait to be offended.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:08:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Last week while cutting the grass I noticed 3 dogs on my property. It's amazing I survived without shooting them.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:10:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Control your pets and then you only have to worry about cops shooting them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That had been shot by some asshole for running through his yard.  The dog was standing on their porch coughing up blood everywhere.  It looked like a yellow lab and had obviously been hit in the lung.  I have always said that someone doing something like that to my dogs might be my ticket to jail.  After seeing that pic,  I pray no one hurts my dogs because I would be gone.

Control your pets and then you only have to worry about cops shooting them.

This.

Of course, Team Feels might add my name to 'the list' now.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:11:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Who gives a fuck... Would you murder someone's family member to save your meal? chickens are not on the same level as dogs, period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We really have no idea what caused it. For all we know the dog was trying to get someone's chickens.

Who gives a fuck... Would you murder someone's family member to save your meal? chickens are not on the same level as dogs, period.

My chickens in my yard will be protected. It's an investment I made in my hobby. I'll protect them, thanks. Your dog is not equal to my chickens when it's attacking my property. Having said that, we have leashed a dog in our yard to wait for the owners or try to get it back to them.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:14:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

ETA: I don't want some of you to get PMS over this or take it the wrong way, so I will clarify.  Without knowing the mans past experience with dogs roaming his property and their actions, or current events with dogs roaming his property and their actions, the responsibility lies with the irresponsible pet owner which gives other responsible pet owners a bad name.  If the dog was just running across another mans yard, with no livestock, no kids, no attacks, and is being non-threatening, then I certainly don't condone just shooting a dog.
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:19:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

My dog harms your livestock, I will compensate you.  You shoot my dog, we are going to have problems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We really have no idea what caused it. For all we know the dog was trying to get someone's chickens.

Your dog is worth less to me than my livestock.

My dog harms your livestock, I will compensate you.  You shoot my dog, we are going to have problems.

Yes. Problem is where to bury your dog and me using that same weapon to defend myself from someone like you. Don't end up like your dog is the message here.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:22:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:26:33 AM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Quoted:

This thread is great for populating the ignore list

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:27:29 AM EDT
[#18]
... bad shoot
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:30:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That's very fucked up and sad for the dog owner.  My dog will never be shot because it is always on a leash or fenced in.   Funny how that works.
View Quote

Last week I helped capture three dogs that had gotten loose from a nearby home.  Maybe it was negligence on the part of the owners.  Maybe it was not.

Some people appear to be blood thirsty killers and would shoot a puppy running up to them to say hi.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:30:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It does highlight the people I never want to have any personal association with quite nicely.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:33:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Last week I helped capture three dogs that had gotten loose from a nearby home.  Maybe it was negligence on the part of the owners.  Maybe it was not.

Some people appear to be blood thirsty killers and would shoot a puppy running up to them to say hi.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's very fucked up and sad for the dog owner.  My dog will never be shot because it is always on a leash or fenced in.   Funny how that works.

Over the course of 10-12 years, a dog is going to escape. Especially with kids. I shoot dogs like I shoot people, as a last resort.  I do use threads like this as a teachable moment for my kids, however.  Keep the dog inside!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:34:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Remember to put "Feels" as the reason for putting people on ignore.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:43:07 AM EDT
[#23]
We are supposed to lock up our house and car to keep bad guys out. So should we not then have our property fenced in also. To keep things out.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:46:36 AM EDT
[#24]
If you're a strange dog running through my yard, you're living on borrowed time.  I won't give the dog the benefit of the doubt at the cost of possible harm to my wife, children, or animals.

Dogs are animals and are, therefore, unpredictable.  They don't get a lot of slack with me, just like every other animal.  Even good ones, if they feel threatened, are hungry, or simply want to hunt, can hurt or kill other animals or people.

Some of you think dogs have some sort of value on life, like humans (should), or are incapable of violence.  You're lying to yourselves, or have no clue about the nature of animals.

Either way, it might be best to be aware that others are not as tolerant as you are.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:58:20 AM EDT
[#25]
We had a golden retriever show up in our yard twice in one week. I guess I should have shot it the first time?
Well we called the dog warden and he came and got him both times. Unless the dogs trying to harm my family or my dogs I wouldn't shoot.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:01:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

The neighbors doberman was accidentally let out and came after me in my front yard.  The second time was the last time.  I am on 6 acres . I had 3 dogs at the time and was able to keep my dogs at home.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:08:35 AM EDT
[#27]
I drew down on the neighbors Newfoundland that met me at the truck door and growled. He was unsure until I called his name and he backed off, had he continued things would have escalated quickly..

Shooting a dog that's not presenting a problem, no. But I'm not about to let anyone become a chew toy, that means other animals as well.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
For the reading impaired.... but feel free to interject your own personal scenario to change the narrative.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How exactly does the frequency or means of escape matter?

It doesn't have to escape more that once, or be let out by a deranged felon with evil intent.

Either the dog was where it was supposed to be or it wasn't.

Either the dog was a hazard or it wasn't.

<big letters>Anything else is all feels.</big letters>
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I've never seen you post anything but bitchy, antagonistic replies to someone who hurt your feelings.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Muh Land!

Exactly. Yeah, does this mean I can shoot someone's kid if it comes on my property?  Yes, I know there's a difference between a dog and a kid, but muh property.  You should have kept your kid off of it, shithead parent.    Seriously, some people are sociopaths with hard-ons to kill something.*  You know who you are.

*Prairie dogs excepted.
Dogs have teeth and bacteria to infect, when cornered and lost they can inflict both, ask me how I know. Small children, as a general rule they are not a threat.  

OMG BACTERIA!!!

Feelings? Offended?

I guess I could start a thread about water heaters and watch you implode with the feels and tears
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Was the dog threatening someone? I mean shit guys, you're going to shoot a dog just because it's on your property? That's just crazy to me. I'll probably (and I have before) taken a look at it's tag and seen if there's a number on there.
View Quote

I would shoot first, find the phone number.  Then call the shithead owner to remove the corpse from my yard.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I would shoot first, find the phone number.  Then call the shithead owner to remove the corpse from my yard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No you wouldn't

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I see a dog in my neighborhood I try to find the owner . I don't shoot it. If my Irish setter gets off  her leash and I can't catch her and she comes home shot, I'll probably find you.
View Quote

LOL and then what, cry on his shoulder?  You wouldn't do shit.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Feelings? Offended?

I guess I could start a thread about water heaters and watch you implode with the feels and tears
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

*Prairie dogs excepted.

OMG BACTERIA!!!

Feelings? Offended?

Lol. ^^^ Proves point.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Some mentally ill people in this thread.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Wow.  Lots of Internet tough guys in here.  You shoot a dog that's doing nothing aggressive and just wandering on your property and you're a spineless pussy, plain and simple.  It's a fact. No amount of Internet pontificating can change the fact that you are a pussy.  It's not even a debate, conversation over.  

Now, a dog harassing livestock, threatening people, etc, ok, do what is necessary.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:58:48 AM EDT
[#36]

Yep.  Between this thread and the tip thread, the assholes are out in full-force today.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:58:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hmm, where was the dog when it was shot? I doubt it was in a city, most places have laws against discharging a firearm inside the city limits. Which suggests it was out roaming around the country.

In town, I'd look for a tag or collar, or otherwise just leave it be unless it was threatening. In the country though I may not be so lenient. Country dogs are problem dogs.
View Quote

I'm going with this.
I returned a dog that was lost in my 1/5 acre yard to its owner when I lived in the 'burbs. Now I'm surrounded by acres and acres of farm fields; stray pests may not get such favorable treatment. Any dog chasing deer is going to get a bullet.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
No you wouldn't  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No you wouldn't  

Watch me.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Feelings? Offended?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OMG BACTERIA!!!

Feelings? Offended?

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:02:50 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Watch me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No you wouldn't  

Watch me.

LOL
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:03:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Watch me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No you wouldn't  

Watch me.

Tool quality steel, right here. Born again hard.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#42]
In the burbs its a huge asshole dick move and the guy needs fined at the least.

rural farm land, fuck the dogs owner. a dog can cause a cow or horse to fuck its legs up.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:07:01 AM EDT
[#43]
A few years ago I had a neighbor whose dog (lab) was a digger and wound up in my yard more than a couple times. The first time, I was in class and not at home, but luckily his dog and my dog got along well and were buddies.. because I came home to them playing together in the back yard. Sure I was pissed about it digging under the fence, but I simply returned it to the owner and called it a day.

However, if it were a different situation and I came home to a strange aggressive dog in my own yard attacking my dog, I probably would have seen no other choice but to put it down. I'm glad that wasn't the case because I'd hate to kill another man's dog. But some situations call for such force.

ETA- always had dogs growing up, and on several occasions had to return neighbors dogs to them if they were to get out of the gate. I knew which dogs were friendly and which ones weren't. Luckily, most were friendly and I never had to deal with the bad ones. I didn't have livestock or any animals of that sort, but I can understand why people would shoot a dog for attacking livestock.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote
No shit!

What kind of a fucking pussy shoots a domesticated dog?

Some of you need to re-evaluate your threat escalations.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:10:08 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Maybe.... I live in a neighborhood kind of out in the country. I believe we are literally the only house on the street with a fenced backyard. Our doberman stays back there all the time unless I'm mowing the grass. There are 2 labs in each of the houses on the sides of us that are constantly in my yard. I've had one come charging into my yard at night barking and scare the shit out of me. It might have gotten shot if I would have been armed taking the trash out. The cocker spaniel across the street shits in my yard and barks at me and the kids, in my yard. Just tonight I had my hand on my pistol telling it to go home. I don't care if it barks from the road, but get out of my yard.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe.... I live in a neighborhood kind of out in the country. I believe we are literally the only house on the street with a fenced backyard. Our doberman stays back there all the time unless I'm mowing the grass. There are 2 labs in each of the houses on the sides of us that are constantly in my yard. I've had one come charging into my yard at night barking and scare the shit out of me. It might have gotten shot if I would have been armed taking the trash out. The cocker spaniel across the street shits in my yard and barks at me and the kids, in my yard. Just tonight I had my hand on my pistol telling it to go home. I don't care if it barks from the road, but get out of my yard.

But somehow you survived without shooting the dog. Imagine that.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

yesterday 2 dogs came into my yard, went in my garage and my shop. so like any normal arfcomer I posted their picture on the local FB missing pet page from my security camera in hopes of finding their owner
View Quote
Decent.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I don't blame the dog.  I blame the shitbag owner that let his dog run fucking free all over the place.

It's the shitbag owner that's to fucking blame for the damn dog getting shot.  Control your fucking animal----because 99 times out of 100, it's the animal

that pays the fucking price.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That had been shot by some asshole for running through his yard.  The dog was standing on their porch coughing up blood everywhere.  It looked like a yellow lab and had obviously been hit in the lung.  I have always said that someone doing something like that to my dogs might be my ticket to jail.  After seeing that pic,  I pray no one hurts my dogs because I would be gone.

I don't blame the dog.  I blame the shitbag owner that let his dog run fucking free all over the place.

It's the shitbag owner that's to fucking blame for the damn dog getting shot.  Control your fucking animal----because 99 times out of 100, it's the animal

that pays the fucking price.  
Dogs get loose all the time, through no fault of the owner. Dogs can dig, jump, and climb pretty well.

Dog digs a hole under the fence, takes itself on a nice neighborly stroll and gets fucking shot?

Shoot another man's cattle or horse and you are FUCKED, regardless if it wandered onto your property or not.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Whole lotta feels and manly men in this thread.
Control your mutt and it won't get shot.
People here are going off when we only have half the story.
No way the owners of the dog could be lying to gain sympathy nah the shooter was just out to murder an animal that day.
Every day that goes by I realize I fucking hate most of the posters here.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:21:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your dog is worth less to me than my livestock.

Lol wtf are you gonna do hard ass?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Strange dogs are a danger to mine.

I'd shoot a dog if it went for my dog, especially in my own yard. My little 20 lb idiot isn't meant to take a beating from a much bigger dog.
View Quote
So would you shoot a bigger kid beating on your kid in your own yard?

We have other options than killing.

A large rott mix came into our garage when I was about 7 years old, living in a rural area. My 25 lb border collie mix broke through the screen door and attacked the invading dog. The other dog was so big that my dog bite it on the neck and the other dog was swinging my dog around, trying to through him off.

I got my plastic tee ball bat and separated the dogs. I was SEVEN, with a PLASTIC bat.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top