Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I understand your emotions, but the dog was on another mans property.  Owners with the feels should keep their pets in check.

Muh Land!

Exactly. Yeah, does this mean I can shoot someone's kid if it comes on my property?  Yes, I know there's a difference between a dog and a kid but I'm going to make the idiotic comparison anyway, but muh property.  You should have kept your kid off of it, shithead parent.    Seriously, some people are sociopaths with hard-ons to kill something.*  You know who you are.

*Prairie dogs excepted.

FIFY

Did you notice I started the next sentence with "seriously?"  I'd generally shoot any animal on my property showing aggression, but I'm not going to shoot an animal for merely being on my property as some would.  The point stands that some people have tiny dick sociopathic tendencies and get their jollies on killing people's pets that get on their property.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:03:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Who gives a fuck... Would you murder someone's family member to save your meal? chickens are not on the same level as dogs, period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We really have no idea what caused it. For all we know the dog was trying to get someone's chickens.

Who gives a fuck... Would you murder someone's family member to save your meal? chickens are not on the same level as dogs, period.

Only vetted moderate dags get to eat my chickens.... All others get shot...
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:04:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

When you take an animal in, you are responsible for it. If your dog is out slaughtering someone else's animals, they should have a right to protect their property.

If it were another dog instead of chickens, would you be as indifferent?

I love dogs. Very much. But I wouldn't let another dog savage my dog because he's somebody's precious fluffy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We really have no idea what caused it. For all we know the dog was trying to get someone's chickens.

When you take an animal in, you are responsible for it. If your dog is out slaughtering someone else's animals, they should have a right to protect their property.

I love dogs. Very much. But I wouldn't let another dog savage my dog because he's somebody's precious fluffy.

Oh is this where we just make up bullshit scenarios? Many folks here have advocated shooting dogs for just being on their 'property'

Fuck them
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:04:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Did you notice I started the next sentence with "seriously?"  I'd generally shoot any animal on my property showing aggression, but I'm not going to shoot an animal for merely being on my property as some would.  The point stands that some people have tiny dick sociopathic tendencies and get their jollies on killing people's pets that get on their property.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I understand your emotions, but the dog was on another mans property.  Owners with the feels should keep their pets in check.

Muh Land!

Exactly. Yeah, does this mean I can shoot someone's kid if it comes on my property?  Yes, I know there's a difference between a dog and a kid but I'm going to make the idiotic comparison anyway, but muh property.  You should have kept your kid off of it, shithead parent.    Seriously, some people are sociopaths with hard-ons to kill something.*  You know who you are.

*Prairie dogs excepted.

FIFY

Yep. This is the reason I won't let my animals run anywhere but our fenced back yard.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Mostly yankee assholes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was the dog threatening someone? I mean shit guys, you're going to shoot a dog just because it's on your property? That's just crazy to me. I'll probably (and I have before) taken a look at it's tag and seen if there's a number on there.

Yeah I'm with you.

It's a dog.  I'd try and call the thing over for a visit if I saw a neighbors dog outside.  

I'm also with OP in that eventual retaliation for something so petty would probably be a mother fucker.  

Lol

Internet tough guys.

Mostly yankee assholes.

QFT
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:04:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Oh is this where we just make up bullshit scenarios? Many folks here have advocated shooting dogs for just being on their 'property'

Fuck them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck them

Not all dogs are good dogs.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:05:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I see a dog in my neighborhood I try to find the owner . I don't shoot it. If my Irish setter gets off  her leash and I can't catch her and she comes home shot, I'll probably find you.
View Quote

That's how normal, rational people go about things
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:05:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I understand property right
I understand the right to protect your own animals, property, yourself and other humans.
I understand the necessary of shooting and killing other strays, other people's aggressive pets on your property.

I totally understand the reason, and can accept the killing is necessary, and I am a big dog lover.

What I DO NOT understand is posting such an act in social media...facebook, what is it to gain?
Worse, posting a dying animal that the poster just shot on social media, wow, you want to show off you are a bad ass?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:05:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:06:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:06:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If an animal was trying to kill one of my animals I would defend my animals. Go back to making up stories about dinosaurs troll.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:07:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I understand the right to protect your own animals, property, yourself and other humans.
I understand the necessary of shooting and killing other strays, other people's aggressive pets on your property.

I totally understand the reason, and can accept the killing is necessary, and I am a big dog lover.

What I DO NOT understand is posting such an act in social media...facebook, what is it to gain?
Worse, posting a dying animal that the poster just shot on social media, wow, you want to show off you are a bad ass?
View Quote

pretty sure the owner posted the picture.... Keep not understanding..
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:07:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dumbest post of the day right there.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:08:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Are you saying that you're going to assume that is the case, so you're going to go ahead and shoot a dog on your property regardless of whether or not it's acting aggressively?  Surely, that's the only course of action...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Muh Land!

Exactly. Yeah, does this mean I can shoot someone's kid if it comes on my property?  Yes, I know there's a difference between a dog and a kid, but muh property.  You should have kept your kid off of it, shithead parent.    Seriously, some people are sociopaths with hard-ons to kill something.*  You know who you are.

*Prairie dogs excepted.
Dogs have teeth and bacteria to infect, when cornered and lost they can inflict both, ask me how I know. Small children, as a general rule they are not a threat.  

Are you saying that you're going to assume that is the case, so you're going to go ahead and shoot a dog on your property regardless of whether or not it's acting aggressively?  Surely, that's the only course of action...

Our dogs don't act aggressively.  Yet two of them are chicken-killers.  Harmless to people, but murder on poultry.  I know, they killed several of ours.  That's probably why one came home shot; I'm betting he was bothering their chickens.  Sometimes, you just can't tell.

Keep your own dogs on your own property, and we'll never have an issue.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:09:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Shot and killed a dog at the farm today.  

We've got some barn kittens and found one dead today at the barn then noticed some random mutt with no collar.  

We have horses, goats, and chickens out there and I will not tolerate someone else's dog harming my animals.  I have seen my neighbors dogs in the fence but they have collars and are friendly.  The last time we walked them home and I wouldn't dare shoot them but some random mutt with no collar?  Yea they gotta go.

My dogs at home have an invisible fence and collars for that very reason.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:10:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If an animal was trying to kill one of my animals I would defend my animals. Go back to making up stories about dinosaurs troll.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I must have missed the attack part?

Quoted:
running through his yard.  .

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:10:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FPNI

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:13:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're taking a lack of reading comprehension to the level of an art form in this thread.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:17:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
running through his yard.  .

You're trying so, so hard to be self righteous and offended that it's apparently degraded your ability to read. Dino boy said that if a dog was killing your chickens that was not a sufficient reason to shoot it because chickens are not as good as dogs. Try to keep up sport.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:19:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Shit, I had to shoot my own dogs cause they wouldn't quit killing the chickens.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:38:21 AM EDT
[#21]
I had a bugeyed mini dog come into my house and stole a bone of my dogs. The bone was almost to much for him because he ran home on his front feet only, back feet and ass straight in the air. While trying not to laugh I called him a thieving bastard and dont come back. Well he came back the next day, eh I gave him a small treat more his size and told him to go home. I wont shoot a dog unless it's screwed up mean and aggressive. Like I wont shoot a deer in my yard for eating apples.  Theres a difference between doing something because you can and think youll face no consequences and doing the right thing.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:44:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your dog is worth less to me than my livestock.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:47:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

i predict ZERO locks as ARFCOM will have a mature conversation.
View Quote
I'll take that bet!

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:49:11 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Was the dog threatening someone? I mean shit guys, you're going to shoot a dog just because it's on your property? That's just crazy to me. I'll probably (and I have before) taken a look at it's tag and seen if there's a number on there.
View Quote
This. Dogs do occasionally get away whether someone didn't shut the door all the way, the dog dug out or something. You'd have to be a shitty person in my book to shoot a dog just because it is on your property even if it is your right. If a dog is aggressive it's a different story.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:51:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

If he's a man he should expect retaliation and take it like one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:53:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Ok, was it really just running through the yard, or is this a "mah baby dint do nuffin" canine edition?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:58:31 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The guy who shot the dog is a turd, unless it was destroying property or posing a threat.

The girl will likely feel responsible at some level because she hasn't grown up enough to learn how easy it is to make everything that happens 100% someone else's fault.

If the dog had not got out, it would not have been shot, right , wrong, it's still a dead dog.

I'm pretty sure some posting here are the reason most level headed people will refuse to stop if they hit a dog.

I've seen folks here who claimed they would pull a guy out of his truck and beat him half to death for hitting their dog, who they allowed to run out into the road.

If you don't get what I'm saying, you never will.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The guy who shot the dog is a turd, unless it was destroying property or posing a threat.

The girl will likely feel responsible at some level because she hasn't grown up enough to learn how easy it is to make everything that happens 100% someone else's fault.

If the dog had not got out, it would not have been shot, right , wrong, it's still a dead dog.

I'm pretty sure some posting here are the reason most level headed people will refuse to stop if they hit a dog.

I've seen folks here who claimed they would pull a guy out of his truck and beat him half to death for hitting their dog, who they allowed to run out into the road.

If you don't get what I'm saying, you never will.
Never stop if you hit a dog.

A it wasn't your fault

B nothing good will come of you stopping

Source: My insurance agent.

See above
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:00:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree with you. How do these posters feel about trespassing kids? Do they get shot as well?  I like dogs more than kids ;)
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:01:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
That had been shot by some asshole for running through his yard.  The dog was standing on their porch coughing up blood everywhere.  It looked like a yellow lab and had obviously been hit in the lung.  I have always said that someone doing something like that to my dogs might be my ticket to jail.  After seeing that pic,  I pray no one hurts my dogs because I would be gone.
View Quote

I have a few questions.  Who was taking pictures of their dog when it likely needed attention other than having it's picture taken?  How did the dog owner know it was shot for running through someones yard?  Was the shooter onsite?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:03:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Hmm, where was the dog when it was shot? I doubt it was in a city, most places have laws against discharging a firearm inside the city limits. Which suggests it was out roaming around the country.

In town, I'd look for a tag or collar, or otherwise just leave it be unless it was threatening. In the country though I may not be so lenient. Country dogs are problem dogs.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:07:14 AM EDT
[#31]
For the "control your dog or get shot" internet tough guy assholes...accidents happen. Doors/gates accidentally get left open, kids let animals go, chains break, dogs dig out.

Shooting a yellow lab for being in your yard? The fuck is wrong with some of you.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:08:56 AM EDT
[#32]

Wow. Much city slicker. So feels.

Control your chattel and you won't have to worry about it being destroyed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:10:58 AM EDT
[#33]
These threads always demonstrate how different cultures are here in America, whether it be city and rural, or state to state.

If my dog got out, I would only worry a cop may shoot him.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:11:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I agree with you. How do these posters feel about trespassing kids? Do they get shot as well?  I like dogs more than kids ;)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

edit
Ever heard of kids fucking with livestock.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:20:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
For the "control your dog or get shot" internet tough guy assholes...accidents happen. Doors/gates accidentally get left open, kids let animals go, chains break, dogs dig out.

Shooting a yellow lab for being in your yard? The fuck is wrong with some of you.
View Quote

I went back and re-read all three pages.

There's exactly ONE post that actually mentioned shooting a dog on his property, that wasn't being aggressive, killing livestock, or attacking a pet or family member.

Again, where are you guys coming up with this bullshit?

Try getting your facts straight before you start calling names and insulting people.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:20:59 AM EDT
[#36]
I've lived in a rural area all my life. Random people's dogs show up from time to time. We dont shoot them unless they are a complete nuisance. Such as repeatedly getting in our garbage  (they usually get the BB gun after that), or start being aggressive.  Our neighbors are the same. Sometimes their dogs wander into our yard. Since we know the dog and where it belongs, we leave it alone, sometimes play with it. They go back to their owner eventually.  If a problem arises, we contact the neighbors and they'll take care of the dog, which is rare.

When I moved into a subdivision, the occasional dog would pass by our yard. Maybe even take a shit in our yard. Same shit applies in paragraph one.

But some people just want to shoot something just because they feel their dick is being stepped on.

In rare circumstances did we actually kill a dog.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:21:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

There's exactly ONE post that mentioned shooting a dog on his property, that wasn't being aggressive, killing livestock, or attacking a pet or family member.

Try getting your facts straight before you start calling names and insulting people.

Incredible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's exactly ONE post that mentioned shooting a dog on his property, that wasn't being aggressive, killing livestock, or attacking a pet or family member.

Incredible.

My guess is " Mommy/Daddy issues"
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:25:31 AM EDT
[#38]
It's like having a conversation with a hammer.

NAIL! WHAM

NAIL! WHAM

NAIL! WHAM
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:27:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

NAIL! WHAM

NAIL! WHAM

NAIL! WHAM
View Quote

When you are done remember, you must pee on it to establish dominance.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:28:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Fuck them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck them

You sound upset
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:29:33 AM EDT
[#41]

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:32:08 AM EDT
[#42]
"Vengeance is mine," sayeth the dog.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:34:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NAIL! WHAM

NAIL! WHAM

NAIL! WHAM

Meh.... Is is GD.. We drive nails with our piss here...
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:37:14 AM EDT
[#44]
I just realized I'd missed something others had picked up on.  What verification do we have that dog dindu nuffin?  Some claim on Facebook?

There's very few people that will shoot a dog just because he's there.  There's a lot of people who will shoot a dog because he's causing problems, and Labs do cause problems too.  They're goofy and kid-friendly... and a hunting breed to boot, which many people conveniently forget.  Plenty of people have been bit by Labs, and they can be animal-killers, too.

Put up or shut up.  I'll change my opinion if OP can show the dog really wasn't doing anything other than running through someone else's property.  Until then, the dog was trespassing, and I will assume it was up to no good.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:41:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I have a family member who LOVES her chickens. She literally carried her main pet chicken around with her, sat on her truck's dash and slept on her bed.

Dogs, chickens, hamsters whatever...a family member can take many shapes and sizes but a pet is pet and a pet is property.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a family member who LOVES her chickens. She literally carried her main pet chicken around with her, sat on her truck's dash and slept on her bed.

Dogs, chickens, hamsters whatever...a family member can take many shapes and sizes but a pet is pet and a pet is property.

My chickens feed us eggs and can be a bit expensive considering they have to reach 9 months before they begin laying eggs.
I care more about my chickens than you care about your dog if your POS keeps coming into my yard and going after them and you don't stop it..
Fuck your puppy dog if it causes me damage.
And the above argument is the same thing as the liberals make about people shooting burglars who are just stealing your stuff. Fuck all thieves.

You sure can tell who the city dwellers are in this thread.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:42:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I just realized I'd missed something others had picked up on.  What verification do we have that dog dindu nuffin?  Some claim on Facebook?

There's very few people that will shoot a dog just because he's there.  There's a lot of people who will shoot a dog because he's causing problems, and Labs do cause problems too.  They're goofy and kid-friendly... and a hunting breed to boot, which many people conveniently forget.  Plenty of people have been bit by Labs, and they can be animal-killers, too.

Put up or shut up.  I'll change my opinion if OP can show the dog really wasn't doing anything other than running through someone else's property.  Until then, the dog was trespassing, and I will assume it was up to no good.
View Quote

How dare you bring logic and reason into this conversation..
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:43:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Shooting a dog that hasn't demonstrated aggression is a dick move (not saying this was the case).

The dogs in my rural neighborhood run all over the area to everyone's property, so long as they don't hurt people, pets or livestock, they're left alone to do their thing. I keep my dog on my property or on a leash, as I don't want him getting lost or distracted by an antelope, and I wish others would as well, but I'm not going to shoot a dog that isn't damaging anything.

Lots of people think it's ok to be an asshole just because it's legal.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:43:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

A loose dog doesn't give you a warrant to shoot it
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:43:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NAIL! WHAM.......  
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:45:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NAIL! WHAM
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top