BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:54:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would take serious umbrage to the idea of a daughter of mine being susceptible to a draft.

Fuck that noise.

lol at the folks here who are so wrapped up in their "us versus them" thinking they are OK with this.

How the fuck have we gotten this derpy in less than 8 years?
View Quote

Serious question..........why?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:56:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Equal rights is what they want, Then equal rights is what they shall get.
View Quote

This.  They want equality?  Give it to 'em, good and hard.

LC
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:57:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would take serious umbrage to the idea of a daughter of mine being susceptible to a draft.

Fuck that noise.

lol at the folks here who are so wrapped up in their "us versus them" thinking they are OK with this.

Because, last I checked, some women were genuinely feminine and want nothing to do with playing GI Joe.

That's man's work. If women want to volunteer, so be it.

But compulsion? FUCK NO.

This thread is filled with petulant man children who are thinking more out of spite for a perceived "them" than the welfare of their nation or families.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:01:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

All of it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:01:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Either everyone or no one should be required to sign up for selective service. End of story.
View Quote

Equality.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:02:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Because, last I checked, some women were genuinely feminine and want nothing to do with playing GI Joe.

But compulsion? FUCK NO.

This thread is filled with petulant man children who are thinking more out of spite for a perceived "them" than the welfare of their nation or families.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that noise.

But compulsion? FUCK NO.

The whole welfare of the nation went out the window generations ago in the name of equality

the population size of the US does not require women to serve, we could man the whole of the military without them and not have a reduction in capability and arguable an increase
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:03:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Fuck that noise.

View Quote

Might have something to do with how pissed we are that this is being crammed down our throats. Afterall, this doesn't effect everyone equally.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:06:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Might have something to do with how pissed we are that this is being crammed down our throats. Afterall, this doesn't effect everyone equally.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that noise.

Hence the petulant man children comment.

So, you'd be willing to sacrifice your own daughter to "stick it to the man" and prove some asinine point?

People keep telling me only liberals think emotionally.

This thread sheds a light to that lie.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:06:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I say no. I'm old fashioned and don't believe in it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:10:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

But compulsion? FUCK NO.

View Quote

I used to think EXACTLY as you do.

I have changed in the last few years.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:12:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Either everyone or no one should be required to sign up for selective service. End of story.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:13:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Never gonna matter

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:16:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So, you'd be willing to sacrifice your own daughter to "stick it to the man" and prove some asinine point?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that noise.

Personally, I don't think we should have women in the military at all.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:17:46 AM EDT
[#14]
No they shouldn't.  

And if they're in the military, they should be able to get pregnant and avoid deployment, and shortly after they should be able to kill the baby, chop it up, and sell the parts for money.

Because it's their body.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:22:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that noise.

Has nothing to do with "sticking it to the man."

It has everything to do with principals.  Equality means equal responsibility.  Remember, women were the ones who pushed for it.  Now they are browbeating men with it.  So I have no problem, at all, giving them exactly what they want until they realize that they had it good and fucked shit up.  But this cake & eat it too shit needs to end.  Just because your little princess is an aberration does not mean that there is a larger societal problem that needs to be remedied, PDQ.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:30:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Who the fuck is "they?" Was there some universal consensus petition I missed?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Equality and all. They want the right to serve in combat arms then they should get the duty to go along with it.

Clearly. All women have a hive mind. Didn't you know?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:34:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It has everything to do with principals.  Equality means equal responsibility.  Remember, women were the ones who pushed for it.  Now they are browbeating men with it.  So I have no problem, at all, giving them exactly what they want until they realize that they had it good and fucked shit up.  But this cake & eat it too shit needs to end.  Just because your little princess is an aberration does not mean that there is a larger societal problem that needs to be remedied, PDQ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that noise.

How good they had it before equal rights? Lol.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:34:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Equality and all. They want the right to serve in combat arms then they should get the duty to go along with it.

It really is amazing how quickly people resort to collectivist thinking.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:36:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that noise.

You can't shut up with the "they."

Stop it with the "they."

This is not about these activists screaming about women in the Infantry being made to sign up for selective service.

This is about generations of girls not even born yet!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:37:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It really is amazing how quickly people resort to collectivist thinking.
View Quote

Not really on point with your post but why didn't the vocal women's rights groups campaign for being part of the selective service requirements?

I mean, they campaigned for a lot of other stuff.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:45:48 AM EDT
[#21]
No one should have to sign up for a draft.

That said, since men must register, so must women.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:48:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#23]
No
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:55:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Fuck no. Pretending they're equal in another way won't change the fact that they're not. End it now. They aren't genetically constructed for longterm infantry fighting. End of fucking story.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:10:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:24:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But compulsion? FUCK NO.

Same here.

You might say this country is filled with petulant woman children who are thinking more out of spite for a perceived "them" than the welfare of their nation or families.

I say let them enjoy full equality. We've had enough men put through the meat grinder. Let them experience some male privilege.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

It will destroy any combat efficiency the military has left.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Same here.

You might say this country is filled with petulant woman children who are thinking more out of spite for a perceived "them" than the welfare of their nation or families.

I say let them enjoy full equality. We've had enough men put through the meat grinder. Let them experience some male privilege.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But compulsion? FUCK NO.

Same here.

The petulance really is seeing the inclusion in selective service would not be an outgrowth of the call for total equality.  Because they want equality until they don't want equality.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:37:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Same here.

View Quote

Bohr said we are being petulant.............I have no problem with admitting that I am being petulant.

Plus, with all the fucking Pajama Boys walking around nowadays, we might be better protected in a BIG war with women signing up.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:46:39 AM EDT
[#31]
If a draft is reinstated, it's almost certain that it would have to be gender-neutral. That doesn't mean that women would be sent into combat involuntarily. Other jobs would be found for them.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:52:14 AM EDT
[#32]
They want equal treatment, they should get equal treatment. Require it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If one is still capable of deploying to combat and the other is not, what do charge the one that can deploy with?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I voted "yes".   And if men are actually being drafted and sent in harm's way, best be finding a way to get some women killed too.  Because equal means equal.

As for the pregnancy issue, I have no problem with the idea of women who get knocked up during their mandatory term of service or at anytime afterwards that interferes with a scheduled deployment getting booted with a BCD.  Of course, if the baby daddy is a service member the same would apply to him, E-1 or 0-10, all the same.  Because equal means equal.

If one is still capable of deploying to combat and the other is not, what do charge the one that can deploy with?

Beats me; how about Rendering a Service Member Unfit for Full Duty?  The UCMJ can be amended concomitantly with the laws on who is eligible for the draft. I realize this means losing two troops instead of one, but I suspect it would be offset to a large degree with a reduction in out-of-bounds pregnancies.  And with a draft, there need be no shortage of available "personpower".
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:27:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Beats me; how about Rendering a Service Member Unfit for Full Duty?  The UCMJ can be amended concomitantly with the laws on who is eligible for the draft. I realize this means losing two troops instead of one, but I suspect it would be offset to a large degree with a reduction in out-of-bounds pregnancies.  And with a draft, there need be no shortage of available "personpower".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I voted "yes".   And if men are actually being drafted and sent in harm's way, best be finding a way to get some women killed too.  Because equal means equal.

As for the pregnancy issue, I have no problem with the idea of women who get knocked up during their mandatory term of service or at anytime afterwards that interferes with a scheduled deployment getting booted with a BCD.  Of course, if the baby daddy is a service member the same would apply to him, E-1 or 0-10, all the same.  Because equal means equal.

But that gets to part of the problem all the male has to do is say I told her to get an abortion and he has eliminated the "guilty mind" of the offense.  The women on the other hand is left in the position of get an abortion or get charged
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#35]
So what are they going to be drafted to do? I don't see them being put on the front lines to fight. Maybe work some hospital tents or something.
I don't think we should have a draft at all and if it got so bad that we have to start a draft. I would think we'd probably be seeing some canned sunshine.
I guess this isn't an issue I care one way or another about.

ETA: Now that I think about it. I think it's a waste of time drafting women.Are there going to be two different draft pools? One for men and one for women or one pool and if you're number is called then you go, man or woman? The latter sure isn't going to work. Men and women aren't equal sorry but that's just the way it is.
I rather they allow able body 36 or 40+yr old guys that want to get back in the action to do so if it came down to having to draft
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#37]
they should not even be allowed to volunteer.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:38:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Once they tied registering for Selective Service to receiving government loans, benefits and jobs then all should have to register, no exceptions.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:46:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

But that gets to part of the problem all the male has to do is say I told her to get an abortion and he has eliminated the "guilty mind" of the offense.  The women on the other hand is left in the position of get an abortion or get charged
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, the offence occured at conception.  If the woman meets her deployment obligation, they're both off the hook.  If she doesn't, they both get the boot.  Equal means equal.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:52:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Equal means equal
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Equality ain't all it's cracked up to be.
View Quote

It just needs a little massaging. When they said equality they didn't really mean equality.

It's like when they say 'no' but really mean yes. It's intuitive. Either you get it or you don't.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
yep, with equal rights comes equal responsibilities
View Quote

Who the fuck wants that? Obviously not a proponent of the cultural studies.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:58:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I appreciate your service as much as you appreciate mine.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:15:20 AM EDT
[#45]
They's ranger now
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:20:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

How good they had it before equal rights? Lol.
View Quote

How good do women have it now?  How well off is the average family?  How many families are unemployed.  How many divorced parents are there?  What's the average inflation adjusted earning potential of a single worker in comparison?

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:24:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You can't shut up with the "they."

Stop it with the "they."

This is not about these activists screaming about women in the Infantry being made to sign up for selective service.

This is about generations of girls not even born yet!
View Quote

If women want me to look at them as equals, then they should be treated as equals in every meaning of that word.

Equality under the law cuts both ways.  Equality means equal responsibility.  Not just equality in the good, but in the bad.  Women have made large strides in getting the rewards of society equally provided to them.  Now it's time that they started carrying an equal weight of the suck that comes along with those rewards.

In a discussion about equality, double standards have no place.  None at all.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

So it's better to give the man no leverage in that situation at all?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#49]
I demand reparations!

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:39:29 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm surprised at the poll.

I voted yes but was expecting to see more votes for no.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top