Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 5:47:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't like how they interfere with my peripheral vision and they don't keep your head as warm as a mugger hat.

Plus only people who wear them around here are Greeley meth heads.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 5:49:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is the hoodie a symbol of lowlifes or can respectable people wear them? Most of the time I see them, they're being worn by trash. If you own one, what brand is it? Does it serve any purpose other than giving you extra pockets?

View Quote

You are 100% correct. Since I wear one sometimes, you should endevour to avoid any and all contact with me.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 5:50:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Walls hooded sweatshirt that is a zip front. It is very warm for this time of the year when it is getting into the 40's  and higher 30's .
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:10:38 AM EDT
[#4]
cabelas, carhart(heavyweight), llbean  i have a bunch of them.

one of my favorite articles of clothing.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:34:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quite a few of them. Makes carrying concealed very easy.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:34:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I have several....plain for fall and sherpa lined for winter.  I hardly ever use the hoods though.  It has to be a cold blastin' wind for me to put up any kind of hood....that peripheral vision thing.  I like how they keep my neck warm though with the hood down.

How I look in them?  Don't care.  Neither should you.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:54:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have several....plain for fall and sherpa lined for winter.  I hardly ever use the hoods though.  It has to be a cold blastin' wind for me to put up any kind of hood....that peripheral vision thing.  I like how they keep my neck warm though with the hood down.

How I look in them?  Don't care.  Neither should you.
View Quote

Just don't pull the good all the way forward, slide it back a little bit. That's how I wear it when driving and I got all my peripherals.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:06:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I have about 15-20 of them. I also rarely use the hood.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:11:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have three or four of them.

View Quote

this. whats up with you OP? why do you concern your self with the shit other people wear?

and to answer your question, i wear them because they are warm and comfortable. Typically only pull the hood up when its really cold
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:24:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Don't give me your . I repeat, most people I see wearing them look like pure trash. And, yeah, I'm talking about hooded sweatshirts, not hooded jackets. The same hoodies that every protester at riots seems to love.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't give me your . I repeat, most people I see wearing them look like pure trash. And, yeah, I'm talking about hooded sweatshirts, not hooded jackets. The same hoodies that every protester at riots seems to love.

move out of the ghetto
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:31:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:40:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:42:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I usually don't like them but I was able to pick one up after the All Star Game last summer, not your typical hoodie.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:45:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I used to but this was in the days when hoodies were worn because of cold weather and not to conceal oneself from victims or the popo.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:48:24 AM EDT
[#15]
If you wear one with your pants hanging off and Lugz boots on, with a flat brim baseball cap, yes you will get treated differently. Sometimes life's not fair, deal with it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a Patagonia Mixed Guide Hoody. It definitely serves more than one purpose being windproof and waterproof. Even though it's called a hoody, it's quite techincal and may not fit into your description.

BUT, I did hold onto some high school hoodies from when I played soccer and the wife loves to sleep in them. We don't really wear them at our jobs or in public. They would serve as great "gray man" apparel around here in the case of some unfortunate event, but apart from that...I try to look well put together.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:30:00 AM EDT
[#17]
I have lots of them. Wear them in the spring and fall while working plus out on the boat.  In fact im wearing a Grundens hoodie right now lol
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:38:26 AM EDT
[#18]
I've got like 3 or 4.

IBTP
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:41:16 AM EDT
[#19]
iv got a bunch of " sweat shirts".. they also have hoods..... but i pretty much NEVER use the hood... unless its raining... or im about to freeze to death.

thugs wear the hoods up pretty much 24/7 from what iv seen... more to hide identity... than for comfort.

ill be wearing one in about a hour, as i drive my tractor 2 miles down back roads to my land.. its 50* here today, and chilly..... hoodies are great for working outdoors... not too hot, and if you get hot, you can tie it around your waist..... or like me, ill wrap it around the tractor rollbar and tie it in a knot.... i cant do that with most jackets...

when it gets cold, i put a military goretex jacket over the hoodie and drive on.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:52:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Several. They're quite warm, and this state gets quite cold.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:53:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Currently have three, no idea of brand but from Costco.

Guess I'm trash...
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Maybe.

Only when I run down to the local store.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Without reading the previous 4-5 pages:

I own a zip-up hoodie.

I wear it in my house when I get a chill.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:04:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Not sure OP is trying to accomplish? ?

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:19:23 AM EDT
[#25]
I wear a hoodie all the time.

You know how easy it is to CCW with a hoodie?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:28:40 AM EDT
[#26]
I have one of these that gets a lot of use.  Have the matching pants too.

CHRIS

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:33:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
you mean like a sweatshirt with a hood?

yeah, I wear one when its cold out under my hunting jacket.

I wear decent nice ones that Have a product or Place I visited on the front, when its chilly outside.

Perception is yours to control.  Your overall appearance is pretty important if you want to look like a decent member of society.

Pull up your pants while you are at it.
View Quote

This.  Hooded sweatshirts were around a long fucking time before hoodrats slithered out of their welfare queen's snatch.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:11:07 AM EDT
[#29]

If I took off that hoodie, would he die?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:13:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We talking zip-up hoodies or pullovers? I have a zip-up hanging on the back of my office door; it gets cold in here.
View Quote

I have a grey insulated zip up hoodie.  When I wear it I don't think I look particularly thuggish.
I never put the hood up.  Usually wear a stocking cap to keep my head warm.
I look like a fat middle aged man who's cold.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:22:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I have a grey insulated zip up hoodie.  When I wear it I don't think I look particularly thuggish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We talking zip-up hoodies or pullovers? I have a zip-up hanging on the back of my office door; it gets cold in here.

Why would you have a hoodie if you never use the hood?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:33:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cinch it up around my neck to keep my neck warm.
Use the hood sometimes but it blocks my side vision.
It was a gift.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Under armour hoodies are fucking awesome
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:45:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most people from TX look like trash regardless of their attire.  Sadly the best dressed people I see on a regular basis are Mexicans in jeans, a collared button up, elf-like cowboy boots, big ass belt buckle, and a stetson.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Just received a closeout Magpul hoodie last Friday.

It replaces the LaRue hoodie claimed by my wife.

A hooded sweatshirt usually suffices for South Florida winters.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't have any zip-ups, but I have two pull overs. The weather here is perfect for them.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:52:47 AM EDT
[#38]
I have a noveske hoodie
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:53:46 AM EDT
[#39]
I have a number of them.  

I have light weight Hanes ones, and I have a heavyweight insulated Cabelas that I wear in the winter.

It's not the clothing item that makes them ghetto.  It's the person wearing them.  It's a good idea to remember that.

And I don't give a single fuck if someone wants to stereotype me because I'm wearing a functional, clean, comfortable piece of clothing.  If that's your type, I don't have the time of day for you.

Ghetto people are ghetto.  Just because I wear a hoodie on occasion does not make me ghetto.  I also don't wear suits, a fedora, or a tie on a regular basis.  Still not ghetto.

And no, my pants are not below my waist.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#40]
All my sweat shirts happen to have them.  I only use them in awful weather if my hat isn't doing the job.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#41]
I have several They make great concealment garments in fall/winter.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#42]
I live in Michigan.

I don't know people that don't have hoodies.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It would be extremely painful
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Since they're often on the thin side, they're great for layering. Plus, when the hood is not deployed in its upper position, having it bunched around the neck helps keep drafts out. Pullovers only, don't like the zip-ups.

Used to live (and work outside all year) in Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut. They were almost a necessity there. Not so much here in AZ, but I still have 2 or 3.

I prefer them over non-hooded sweatshirts.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:12:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Several as they are comfortable and I like to dress in layers. I have one made of dyed burlap I got on spring-break in Mexico back in '87.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I don't like how they interfere with my peripheral vision and they don't keep your head as warm as a mugger hat.

Plus only people who wear them around here are Greeley meth heads.
View Quote

TIL I am a Greeley meth head.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#47]
I have several hoodies, hell I've had one for 20 years.  I use them when it is cold, or rainy.  I use that little hood on my head to keep it warm.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This one just screams "thug"  

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=40656
View Quote

Oddly enough, you do see kids wearing stuff like that.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#49]
KAC hoodie is my favorite.

http://shop.knightarmco.com/ProductsList.aspx?CategoryID=-2&txtSearch=87

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top