Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Hoodies aren't Hi points, OP.

Why is this a question?  Look outside of Texas, where the weather is cold, and you'll see them everywhere.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is the hoodie a symbol of lowlifes or can respectable people wear them? Most of the time I see them, they're being worn by trash. If you own one, what brand is it? Does it serve any purpose other than giving you extra pockets?

View Quote

Got an Sooners hoodie and a St. Mary's hoodie, but being as I'm in Miami, I don't get to wear them much, if at all.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I wish more companies made clothes for customers other than midgets. No tall sizes in any of that stuff.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I've got one from Captain Hook's Dive Shop in Marathon.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
http://www.stillwaterflyshop.com/27275_FTGN_OM1.jpg

I have a patagonia hoodie like this that I pretty much wear all the time in the fall/spring.
View Quote

Dear Santa,
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes I have a few. Good for cool morning at the gym or outside getting things done. Why the hell would I want to wear a nicer jacket when doing those things?

Hoodies = trash. LOL. Sometimes the ridiculousness of GD surprises me still.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Only an uncouth dog would wear a hoodie.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Lol I think 90%+ of people around here wear hoodies... buncha damn trash people...
I am guilty of driving with the hood up sometimes, until my cars heater gets going good... being bald doesn't help keep the heat in
I do prefer the zip up ones to the pull overs.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#9]

What a stupid fucking thread.   Another Fashionable Arfcom Guy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is the hoodie a symbol of lowlifes or can respectable people wear them? Most of the time I see them, they're being worn by trash. If you own one, what brand is it? Does it serve any purpose other than giving you extra pockets?

View Quote

I see you're from Texas.
That explains many things-
1. It's never cold enough in Texas for anything warmer than a polo shirt;
2. You have a lot more trash.  You need to take out the trash more often.

My hoodies are Under Armour for early morning runs in March, April, October and November, and a Blaze Orange hoodie from Cabela's for hunting when the mornings are cool, but not cold- you know, like 35 to 40 degrees....
What you Texans consider Arctic conditions.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Yep, been wearing them for at least 30 years.  

I have a bunch of them, the most recent ones I've purchased have been ones to support a local community radio station, one from a bar a friend owns, and one from the NRA.

They serve the purpose of keeping me warm and being comfortable to wear while also helping to hide my face at night while committing dastardly deeds.  They also hide my tattoos.

What an odd question.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I guess Texans have never heard the term sweatshirt weather
View Quote

I have...Nov to April.   I have a closet full of them.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a couple.  One is a Bass Pro and the other is probably WalMart.

They are symbolic of cooler weather and the survival instinct to keep my head and hands warm in one quickly donned garment when I walk the dog at 5:30 am and 10pm.

But hey, I'm one of those rural ghetto engineers.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I only have one and it is a Cabela's in Mossy Oak Brush.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a nice, unmarked one that my grandchildren gave me. At my request. It's nice to throw on for an evening walk in the fall and winter. I don't care what anyone thinks.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Start hanging out with better people OP, your worldview of hoodies is tainted by who you associate with.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Kind of a weird topic but I don't wear traditional cotton hoodies. Arcteryx Atom LT hoodie to be baller.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:15:12 PM EDT
[#18]
This thread makes me both SMH and LOL.

You fashionistas are fucking weird for checking out what other men are wearing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Don't give me your . I repeat, most people I see wearing them look like pure trash. And, yeah, I'm talking about hooded sweatshirts, not hooded jackets. The same hoodies that every protester at riots seems to love.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't give me your . I repeat, most people I see wearing them look like pure trash. And, yeah, I'm talking about hooded sweatshirts, not hooded jackets. The same hoodies that every protester at riots seems to love.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Yea, I have one bearing the name and logo of my alma mater.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:29:31 PM EDT
[#22]
i have an under armour one and one from my high school lacrosse days, i still wear both of them pretty normally around the apartment but rarely outside unless it's the weekend and i dont care or i'm going to the gym
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I think it would be instructive to find what it is about these people that makes OP feel they look like trash aside from the sweatshirt.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#24]
i have 2 magpul, 2 starter and 3 russell athletic hoodies i guess i am a hardcore lowlife.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:42:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yes I have a hoodie, and underwear, and socks!
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#26]
I love all of my hoodies. Great for concealing a full size pistol. And great for working out in and coaching in.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#27]
I got a couple.  They're great for helping conceal your identity
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I love all of my hoodies. Great for concealing a full size pistol. And great for working out in and coaching in.
View Quote

Yes sir. I can carry a Glock 19 in a Crossbreed all day with a hoodie and nobody is the wiser. In the summer I have to make due with a 42.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yes sir. I can carry a Glock 19 in a Crossbreed all day with a hoodie and nobody is the wiser. In the summer I have to make due with a 42.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used to conceal carry an HK USP Expert. It's a hair longer than a Glock 17L/24.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#30]
yes.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Sometimes

When it gets really cold out

I wear a hoodie

Under my hoodie.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:58:10 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I have three or four of them.

View Quote

Me too
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This thread is full of fail and aids.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:58:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes
It says Beretta on the chest and in large letters on the back.
The trident is on the top of the hood.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I see you're from Texas.

My hoodies are Under Armour for early morning runs in March, April, October and November, and a Blaze Orange hoodie from Cabela's for hunting when the mornings are cool, but not cold- you know, like 35 to 40 degrees....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see you're from Texas.

+1

I ran in hoodies every morning in Colorado. In Texas its still cold enough to wear a hoodie in the early morning during the winter, just not while i'm running.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I think it would be instructive to find what it is about these people that makes OP feel they look like trash aside from the sweatshirt.
View Quote

It's not the sweatshirt that is trashy, it's the hood, bro.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

Brand? Heh.

It keeps me warm, especially when worn under my MA-1 jacket. (MA-1 jackets are for lowlifes too )

I have 3 or 4 of them.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:02:12 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't generally like them but my daughter really wanted an Under Armour one that I tried on and thought about keeping.  

I just don't like things bunching up my hair on my neck.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#40]
I own and wear several, because Canada.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:43:42 PM EDT
[#41]
NO! I do own hooded sweatshirts, though. Not buying into the hoodie bs.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Yes, but they're called hooded sweatshirts.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#43]
I  have 1 pull over hoody i got from bass pro, crazy warm.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

They're fine. Just don't hike the hood up and stuff your hands into the pockets when you go someplace indoors. I usually get them from Target or wherever, it's been a long time since I've bought one. Brand doesn't matter, what works is what you should get. Don't wear it like a thug and it won't be a problem.
View Quote

This.....

I rarely put the hood up. I can't stand them.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:17:38 PM EDT
[#45]
I probably own 10 hoodies.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:19:17 PM EDT
[#46]
OP wins idiot post of the day
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:20:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have several. They're comfy and I don't care what the public opinion of them is.
View Quote

No shit. Under Armour hoodies are like my favorite apparel. I also like ones from Abercrombie. Apparently I look like pure trash.

Well I'll have you know I own my own company OP. And I live in an actual house without wheels. And I pay my bills (well my wife does). And I'm still married to my first wife and I raise my kids with her. And I don't smoke, drink, do drugs nor do I have tattoos. I am rocking a pretty sweet Hitler Youth haircut though.

Buncha judgmental mofos up in here.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:20:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Got a half dozen or so, all Carhart, all zipper front.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:23:15 PM EDT
[#49]
I love hoodies.

I haven't shaved in a month or so.

I'm picking out a tattoo now.

How should I decorate my cell?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:25:10 PM EDT
[#50]
I have plenty of them, they help keep me warm when I'm working outside during the colder weather.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top