Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#1]
CK One cologne.

Because I never mentally left middle school.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Smart phones
Luxury upgrades for my car, ie heated seats, premium sound system.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:03:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My riding lawn mower.

I don't have a huge amount of property, but without my riding lawn mower it takes me about three hours to do what I can do in one hour or so on my riding lawn mower. My weekends are so precious to me and yard work is not something I enjoy so I honestly couldn't do without the riding lawn mower.
View Quote

This is my favorite, It use to take me an hour just to mow my lawn. Bought a rider, 46" cut and I  can cut my lawn in less than 25 minutes, now I can mow, weed wack, leaf blow, etc in the same hour it use to take me to mow. Plus my rider has a cup holder
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:04:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I would gladly pay that so the chief sammich maker is happy.  Quality is never cheap.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeti cup
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

MERRELL CHAMELEON STRETCH SHOES.

All other footwear is dead to me now.

I have 5 new pair stored at the BOL I will not be without!
View Quote

I am wearing a pair now and will never buy another. I should have got another pair of Keens.

For me it was my AppleWatch, I love this thing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:16:23 PM EDT
[#7]
To echo a couple of other posts...1000 thread count sheets, and Smart Wool socks.  Also have a SW hoodie and a pair of tights for under my pants in winter.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:20:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yeti cup
View Quote
favorite so far.

Sorry, but am not being really original right now - and have been royally spoiling myself for too long.  Smart Phone was probably the most life changing.  But backlit kindle is sweet as hell to read on at night.  Smartwool for years here.  Temperpedic almost as long.  Good shoes in general.    Do enjoy my wireless headphones.  Not under $500-but suppressors.  Definitely not under $500 - thermal optics.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
To echo a couple of other posts...1000 thread count sheets, and Smart Wool socks.  Also have a SW hoodie and a pair of tights for under my pants in winter.
View Quote

Posts like this really make me curse my feet.  I'd love to be able to buy comfortable, long lasting socks, but they only make them for "normal" sized people.  Makes me want to find the material and learn how to sew.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:21:52 PM EDT
[#10]

I bought this and put it on a pretty girl's finger. One of the most expensive things I have ever purchased, but I cannot live without her.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Good gun belts.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yeti cup
View Quote

This. It has been the best $40 i've ever spent.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Expensive tires ($75-$100 each) for my bicycle. I'd rather pay more for a good ride feel than less money for a harder ride.

Quality eyewear. I hate the feel of cheap sunglasses.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Press pot for coffee.  

You could take away pretty much all of my "nice things," make me drive a scooter and put me in a tent, and I'd be OK. I'd be the grumpiest human in the state if you took away my press pot or tried to make me drink some other shit kind of coffee right when I get up.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:33:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeti cup

Agreed.  Use it all day every day.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
weekly maid service
View Quote

did this when i was single. she washed all the clothes and folded was awesome. Married now so built in maid
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Try some Darn Tough socks from Vermont.
lifetime Warranty.
Tops stretch out? New pair. Holes in them? New pair.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Sirius radio in my truck.

I can't do FM radio anymore.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Ex Officio Give and Go Boxer Briefs - incredible.  I will never own another pair of cotton underwear again.

Darn Tough socks - I've had Thorlos and SmartWool, but prefer Darn Tough.  You cannot beat their return policy either.

Salomon shoes with Superfeet Green inserts - I have high arches and never knew what "comfortable" was until I found this combo.

Charmin Ultra Strong - accept no substitutes.  Life's too short for sandpaper or transparent paper.

Oakley and Rudy Project eye pro - the cheap stuff will never grace my face again.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:43:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Smear two gobs of Jiff on a medium shag rug. Clean one with a dry paper towel and the other with a damp cloth. Report back with your findings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Charmin ultra soft extra wide toilet paper. It's like wiping your behind with wool from a newborn baby lamb.

Wet wipes was mine. It is what I was going to post even before I saw yours.
I'm not sure I'd like using wet wipes to wipe my...behind...but although my kids are now ten and eleven I still keep a pack of wet wipes in each car because they are great when stuff spill, kids' hands are coated in Doritos dust, or I just put gas in my truck and my hands stink like diesel fuel and there isn't a washroom nearby.

Smear two gobs of Jiff on a medium shag rug. Clean one with a dry paper towel and the other with a damp cloth. Report back with your findings.

^ This is signature line material
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:46:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
weekly maid service
View Quote

Bi-weekly, $80 every two weeks. Nice indulgence. Also $10 cigars. Can't smoke the cheap ones any longer. Smoke a couple a month.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yup.

But get ready to pay $15-20 per pair of socks. They last forever though, I have smartwool socks that are over 5 years old. I use the medium hiking socks with a liner when backpacking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Smart Wool socks. I can never go back to cheap socks now.

Was going to post the exact thing. Love mine. Bought them last winter and thought they might be too hot come summer time but nope they are great and I wear them everyday.

I've heard about these. 'splain

My socks are purchased in packs of 6 pairs, wrapped in plastic, for $10. Am I doing it wrong?

Yup.

But get ready to pay $15-20 per pair of socks. They last forever though, I have smartwool socks that are over 5 years old. I use the medium hiking socks with a liner when backpacking.

Darn Tough socks are also very high quality with a lifetime guarantee.  I wore about 4 pair thin on the bottoms over a few years, mailed them back and they were replaced with brand new socks.  Forever socks!
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:50:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Not to appear coarse or anything, but $500+ to hold your tits up?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
La Perla bras.  In addition to everyday ones, I've had at least one La Perla since I was 21.

Sorry, in my book that is money well spent  The world can go to hell as long as the tits are still up!!

For me:
DVR    Can't live without it now.
Quality tools.  Tired of cheap shit breaking.
Premium Fuel in my '15 Mustang GT. It just runs so much better.
The wife:
Getting her nails done every two weeks.
Getting her hair done every 3 to 5 months
DVR
Boob job.  Getting them redone every 10 years.  We're over due by a year.
And now she has discovered "The cleaning lady".  I'm afraid it's going to become permanent.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:50:58 PM EDT
[#24]
ECCO shoes.

good sheets
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Benelli semi-auto shotgun
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:56:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Boss TU-2 ($50 used)
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:58:56 PM EDT
[#27]
I bought a singe AA Zebralight 4-5 years ago.

I use it all the time.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Are you 22?  Otherwise I think that's kinda gross  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
La Perla bras.  In addition to everyday ones, I've had at least one La Perla since I was 21.
Are you 22?  Otherwise I think that's kinda gross  

You know, sometimes I wonder about you guys.  "At least one" doesn't mean "the same one".
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:03:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Yeti tumbler (had this thing filled with ice water literally 24 hours a day since I bought it a few months ago), and a pair of Red Wings Iron Ranger boots.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Goddamn, here's another one.  Why would you think I pay $500 dollars for them?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Jetboil
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:11:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Did you change lotion or detergents or something? Allergic reactions to wool are almost unheard of.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've wore SW socks for probably ten years, loved them.  I must have developed some kind of wool allergy, because they irritate the hell out of my feet now.  I'm bummed.  

Did you change lotion or detergents or something? Allergic reactions to wool are almost unheard of.

Nope.  Maybe "allergic" wasn't the right word, but I put them on and a half hour later my feet are itching like crazy.  I never have been able to tolerate most wool clothes against my skin, but the Merino in SW didn't used to bother me.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jane Be WEALTHY!

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:12:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Vitamix blender

Paul Mitchell double hitter men' shampoo (dry hair and irritated scalp gone in one washing)

Joe Watson HiTS knife for EDC

I will second the surefire EB1.  Awesome light.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Nope.  Maybe "allergic" wasn't the right word, but I put them on and a half hour later my feet are itching like crazy.  I never have been able to tolerate most wool clothes against my skin, but the Merino in SW didn't used to bother me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've wore SW socks for probably ten years, loved them.  I must have developed some kind of wool allergy, because they irritate the hell out of my feet now.  I'm bummed.  

How do you launder them?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I hate time warner. I pay $65/mo for 40x5. CB fiber is available a few blocks away but not on my street.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Google fiber. I pay $70 a month for just internet, but its completely worth it.

While this test is over a year old, its still the same speed I get daily.
http://i.imgur.com/wFaUV5U.png
And my ping is usually at 0-1ms

Damn Time Warner is same price for up to 50mbps

I hate time warner. I pay $65/mo for 40x5. CB fiber is available a few blocks away but not on my street.

I used to have TWC, they can go screw themselves with a cactus.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#37]
A quality fishing rod / reel
Also Costa del Mar sunglasses with the 580 lenses
Michelin LTX tires
Keurig coffeemaker

ETA: Olukai flip flops
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:21:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Nest thermostat.
View Quote

And TIVO.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:22:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Jane Be WEALTHY!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jane Be WEALTHY!

Hardly.  But nothing's too good for the pups.  As my friend says: "Take care of your tits, and they'll take care of you""
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#40]
All this talk about cleaning ladies.... damn, I need.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Bosch Icon wiper blades.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:23:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I pay $50 per month for 30mbps and only get that between 0100 and 1700. At 1800 I only get .5 to 1mbps at best. Sometimes it slows down bad enough Speedtest times out on the ping. It was fine until New Wave bough out the old ISP and started selling 50-100mbs packages overnight. They sold a shit ton of bandwidth they don't have and laugh all the way to the bank while they fuck over their customers. They're a monopoly for broadband of course so I don't expect any change in that anytime soon. I hate you guys that have fiber.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I pay $50 per month for 30mbps and only get that between 0100 and 1700. At 1800 I only get .5 to 1mbps at best. Sometimes it slows down bad enough Speedtest times out on the ping. It was fine until New Wave bough out the old ISP and started selling 50-100mbs packages overnight. They sold a shit ton of bandwidth they don't have and laugh all the way to the bank while they fuck over their customers. They're a monopoly for broadband of course so I don't expect any change in that anytime soon. I hate you guys that have fiber.

If you're even in KC I'll let you hop on my wifi thats at 350-400Mbps upload/download.

Quoted:
Quoted:

While they are extremely comfortable, Smart wool isnt durable enough for me for what they cost. I ruined two pairs in a single 10 day backpacking trip. EuroS are where its at for wool socks IMO.

Really? I've got pairs that are three years old and still holding up fine.

I have a tendency to find an items breaking point rather quickly. I think its genetic

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

How do you launder them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you launder them?

Washing machine, cold water, Purex detergent.  Air dry.  Same as the last several years.  Started bothering me about six months ago.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Sanuk Flip Flops
Mrs. Renfro's Habenero Salsa
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:28:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Good beer!

Allen Edmonds shoes.

iPhone 6+
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Forgot to mention Under Armour boxer briefs are the gift I give my balls. $25 a pair but they last forever.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Bluetooth headphones.  Jaybird Bluebuds x and the UE Boom speaker.  Both are way overpriced but I use the hell out of them.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:34:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
CK One cologne.

Because I never mentally left middle school.
View Quote

Me too
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Forgot to mention Under Armour boxer briefs are the gift I give my balls. $25 a pair but they last forever.
View Quote

Underwear and TP. Never skimp on these.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Dyson vacuum cleaner.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top