Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2015 9:28:31 AM EDT
I ordered a gas block from them on the 7th.  Received a tracking number that hasn't been updated since "shipping info received".. paid almost 8 dollars for priority mail.  This thing should be here by now.  I emailed the owner, he said he'd look into it and refund the shipping costs but since then I have heard nothing.  I don't really care about the shipping costs, I just want to get what I ordered in a timely manner.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I put one of their ffssr rails on my Reece build and had no problems sorry not much help
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#2]

«tc2k11»
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 2:47:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That doesn't inspire confidence
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a few of their products with no issues at all.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I interviewed for a position there

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 4:26:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I am in San Diego so they are local to me. They are something of an enigma of a gun shop. Joe, the owner, is a great guy and will usually bend over backwards for customers. But, he is often pulled in so many directions, lots of things fall by the wayside.

The shop that he runs has suffered from losing great staff and a downturn in the gun buying market. As most know, he has started manufacturing more products, most which have pretty good reviews.

Personally, they lost a great manager, Jeff, who moved to South Carolina and now have a woman processing their firearm dros system. She refused to dros a CZ for me that another FFL processed without issue. Many people, like you, are frustrated by the lack of customer service. Locals get frustrated when they can't even get anyone on the phone.

I would suggest trying their facebook page. Personally, I have taken my business to other local shops. I would by from Primary Arms or SLR Rifleworks for a gas block.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am in San Diego so they are local to me. They are something of an enigma of a gun shop. Joe, the owner, is a great guy and will usually bend over backwards for customers. But, he is often pulled in so many directions, lots of things fall by the wayside.

The shop that he runs has suffered from losing great staff and a downturn in the gun buying market. As most know, he has started manufacturing more products, most which have pretty good reviews.

Personally, they lost a great manager, Jeff, who moved to South Carolina and now have a woman processing their firearm dros system. She refused to dros a CZ for me that another FFL processed without issue. Many people, like you, are frustrated by the lack of customer service. Locals get frustrated when they can't even get anyone on the phone.

I would suggest trying their facebook page. Personally, I have taken my business to other local shops. I would by from Primary Arms or SLR Rifleworks for a gas block.
View Quote

I wish I knew this before I placed the fucking order.  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I checked on your package.  It's still here. USPS has been deliberately marking our pickup requests as confirmed and not actually coming to pick up the packages. We have lodged a complaint with the postmaster.

View Quote

He did refund the shipping cost but now what do I say?  "Great, when the fuck is it actually gonna be on its way to me?" sounds dickish but thats how I feel.  What the fuck up is with the post office in CA?  Does this happen often to gun-related businesses?
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, I have no problem with the USPS delivering my gun related parts and accessories. They have been excellent for me.

What you might be facing are PT's new business hours.They are closed three days out of the week. Not sure of your shipping details so that is all I can offer.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I used to work there. What do you want to know?
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought there. Good experience.
Bought online and shipped quick. I tried an adjustable gas black from them on a .625 faxon ultra light weight build. Works great.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Basically should I just assume it will actually be shipped say, tomorrow or tuesday, and not respond to his last email.. or should I start tearing out my hair and ripping my eyelids off and set myself on fire?
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Basically should I just assume it will actually be shipped say, tomorrow or tuesday, and not respond to his last email.. or should I start tearing out my hair and ripping my eyelids off and set myself on fire?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you do the latter I want a video please
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Andy, their shipping/receiving guy is an incredible person, and as long as he works there, things will go out.

Did you order one of their PXT brand gas block? He may not have made it yet, hence the lag.  They make a lot of parts in house.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Andy, their shipping/receiving guy is an incredible person, and as long as he works there, things will go out.

Did you order one of their PXT brand gas block? He may not have made it yet, hence the lag.  They make a lot of parts in house.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered the low profile adjustable light weight block.  It said it was in stock when I ordered it.  I actually kept my eye on it cuz it said sold out for a while and wanted that specific block.  

Someone on another board had this to say about the USPS stuff..

Out of all the things I've heard the post office doing, this is the silliest. No one is going to scan a package picked up, then leave them there. That scan can easily be traced back to the employee.
The pre shipment info, and shipping label created scans are done by the sender. They can send this info to the PO then hold onto the package as long as they want to before giving it to us. Until you see an accepted scan, or it traveling I wouldn't trust that he gave it to us.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Haven't had any issues in the past. I like their blem rails.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Haven't had any issues in the past. I like their blem rails.
View Quote

Fun Fact: Their blem rails are rarely blems.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought a forend from them online, no problems.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#19]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 8:39:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I interviewed for a position there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNMi8fXi5Os
View Quote
Fucked up, but good movie. I bought it and watched for the first time this year.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Hello AR15.com,

Someone alerted me to the existence of this thread. Here's the timeline for interested parties:

Oct 7, Order #2054 placed 11:09AM PST, Delivery was our standard rate for orders less than <$100 (There is no option for priority service:
)
Oct 7, 4:57PM - A shipping label is generated:

Oct 8th, Thursday - We are closed.
Oct 9, e-mail was sent to our email address that sends the labels out - this is monitored but sometimes our Google Apps places it in the updates box so it gets overlooked.
Oct 9, customer emails that it has been four days and wants an update -  4:11PM (Note: It's been one business  day.)
I reply that I will send this to Andy (S&R) and that I will credit him all shipping costs - 4:45PM
Oct 10 - Andy has not responded yet, so customer e-mails again.
Oct 11 (SUNDAY: We are closed.) - Customer e-mails again, not sure what's going on so I go in the shop (on day off) to see what the heck is going on:

I also send him a refund of shipping as promised and a 10% item credit:

USPS Confirming pickup (bull!):

(This is just the one I manually did - we have an automatic reoccurring scheduled pickup.)

Order screen overview:

P.S.: Thank you for the personality assessment Derek.

Also, If you still are not satisfied that we tried to do everything we can, let me know and I'll refund the other 90% and you can keep the gas block.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top