Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Butt Buddy is missing

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Did I miss Parker's butt buddy this week or did he finally can the little bitch?

Butt Buddy is missing

I saw him in one of the cuts; he's still there.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:38:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Search that on youtube, but put "steel panther" before it.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GLORY HOLE!!!

Search that on youtube, but put "steel panther" before it.  

Lol... Fantastic
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Meh, filler episode. But Tony's certainly earned his share of the pie this world.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Bor ing!
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Meh, filler episode. But Tony's certainly earned his share of the pie this world.
View Quote

I would like to know the relationship between Tony and Tamarack. The implication on the show is that he owns it, but, my weak google fu shows that he just runs the Paradise Hill mine.  As Tamarack is a mining corporation.

Anyone have any info on this?

edit spelling
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I would like to know the relationship between Tony and Tamarack. The implication on the show is that he owns it, but, my weak google fu shows that he just runs the Paradise Hill mine.  As Tamarack is a mining corporation.

edit splelling
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

edit splelling

According to the interwebs Tony is the owner of Tamarack mine.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:50:17 PM EDT
[#8]
It was a good episode.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:57:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish I could unsee the hot tub portion.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 1:27:15 AM EDT
[#10]
What do you guys think...
HIGH BAR GOLD MINE
http://www.highbarmine.com/
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:38:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Parker scored 388 oz's

Tony's dredge isn't paying off

Parker needs to wash his Raptor

Still can't stand Toad and company
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 7:23:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Guess ol Gene wasn't that important after all. Parker is on his way to his best season ever without him.

I liked how Toad got all giddy after seeing the big nugget in Oregon and said lets go and then Freddy told him to slow down and test it remember guayana. Toad is a dipshit he only makes it because of those around him.

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 7:37:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Guess ol Gene wasn't that important after all. Parker is on his way to his best season ever without him.
I liked how Toad got all giddy after seeing the big nugget in Oregon and said lets go and then Freddy told him to slow down and test it remember guayana. Toad is a dipshit he only makes it because of those around him.
View Quote

Who do you think taught Parker and Rick how to run a large scale mining operation?
Without Gene, Parker would still be flailing around the Big Nugget.  

A lot of people make it far in life because they surround themselves with talent.
It takes a man to realize his shortcomings and it takes a smart man to find people to make up for those shortcomings.

Toad is a dipshit.

The things in eastern Oregon that are going to make a large scale mining operation difficult:
Lack of water.
Lack of water.
Lack of water.
Fire season.

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Who do you think taught Parker and Rick how to run a large scale mining operation?

A lot of people make it far in life because they surround themselves with talent.

It takes a man to realize his shortcomings and it takes a smart man to find people to make up for those shortcomings.

Toad is a dipshit.

The things in eastern Oregon that are going to make a large scale mining operation difficult:

Lack of water.

Lack of water.

Lack of water.

Fire season.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Toad is a dipshit.

Lack of water.

Lack of water.

Lack of water.

Fire season.

I bet getting people, vehicles, fuel, spares etc are all much easier in Oregun. The cost of these will drop considerably in some cases but the cost of water and EPA regulations might screw them in the end.

I still can not figure out why Freddy agrees to even be in the same camera shot much less in business with Toad. Can't wait until next season when Toad is bit on the ass by a rattler and is crying for Freddy to come over and suck the poison from the bite.

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I bet getting people, vehicles, fuel, spares etc are all much easier in Oregun. The cost of these will drop considerably in some cases but the cost of water and EPA regulations might screw them in the end.

I still can not figure out why Freddy agrees to even be in the same camera shot much less in business with Toad. Can't wait until next season when Toad is bit on the ass by a rattler and is crying for Freddy to come over and suck the poison from the bite.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Toad is a dipshit.

Lack of water.
Lack of water.
Lack of water.
Fire season.

Oregon does have a longer mining season, so that's a positive.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Toad is always chasing the next pot of gold.  Remember he was ready to jump to a new claim in the Yukon midway
through this season because Jack wanted a new claim.  Freddy Dodge went with them and they came up with zero gold.  They wasted time they could have been getting gold out of the ground on their claim and pissed off the crew.

Now he has a number of his crew down in Oregon as the season is close to ending in the Yukon.

Then there was the time wasted when he decided to leave the claim to go spend time with his son.

The crew has bitched this season that Toad keeps taking off from the claim and rarely shows up to do any work.

Same on Parker's claim, all the crew has been bitching all season that Parker rarely shows up on the claim except to stir shit up.  Where was Parker's butt buddy new guy again this week?  Looked like Parker had a hickey on his neck.  Is Parker getting it on with his buddy?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Woooooooo found a peice of gold better go sign the lease!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 12:24:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

But isn't that the hallmark of a good leader? He ALWAYS believes in the ground and in his guys, ALWAYS dreams big and puts them in a position to win because they all know what it's like to lose, i.e. Guyana.

Todd's done what anyone without the knowhow would do: He's gone out and got the two best dudes he knows, Dave and Freddy D., and together, they've but a pretty fucking good group of miners.

Say what you want, but I like the dude.

Parker NEARLY dug up 400oz. of gold in one damn cleanup. I remember watching the Pomrenkes dig up 120oz in a week and being blown away. But 400oz?! Holy shitfuck.

The Viking better plug the leaks in his operation, and FAST.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 12:51:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Almost looks easy huh, too easy
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 12:53:57 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tod is such a fucking idiot. I've never seen someone work so hard at fucking up everything and making terrible decisions.

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 12:57:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

But isn't that the hallmark of a good leader? He ALWAYS believes in the ground and in his guys, ALWAYS dreams big and puts them in a position to win because they all know what it's like to lose, i.e. Guyana.

Todd's done what anyone without the knowhow would do: He's gone out and got the two best dudes he knows, Dave and Freddy D., and together, they've but a pretty fucking good group of miners.

Say what you want, but I like the dude. he don't bother me

Parker NEARLY dug up 400oz. of gold in one damn cleanup. That's 25 lbs! I remember watching the Pomrenkes dig up 120oz Their operating costs have to be much lower, 120 oz. 7.5 lbs. is still a Lot in a week and being blown away. But 400oz?! Holy shitfuck.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Parker NEARLY dug up 400oz. of gold in one damn cleanup. That's 25 lbs! I remember watching the Pomrenkes dig up 120oz Their operating costs have to be much lower, 120 oz. 7.5 lbs. is still a Lot in a week and being blown away. But 400oz?! Holy shitfuck.

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 1:18:28 AM EDT
[#22]
What happened to that big nosed fuck derek that was starting shit while rick was gone?
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah but considering how often the Pomrenkes have to shut down to do bad weather, I think I'd rather be up in the high-country with Todd. Valid points though, 120oz is a lot if operating costs are low.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#24]
I bet whomever sold that dredge to Tony is laughing their ass off right now.  I know I sure as hell would be.  That thing had been rode hard and put up dry.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I bet whomever sold that dredge to Tony is laughing their ass off right now.  I know I sure as hell would be.  That thing had been rode hard and put up dry.
View Quote

He must not have learned his lesson, because he bought a second one.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:39:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The world must be getting dumber by the minute.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:41:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

forgot that part, Toad is a idiot.  At least the test proved worthy and that's the way it should be done

Glad they let the rattlesnake live

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What happened to that big nosed fuck derek that was starting shit while rick was gone?
View Quote

Paid actor to increase the drama factor.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#29]
being in Oregon should make it a 100 times easier for Todd.Cheaper gas,parts,labor,housing,finding parts,fixing parts,which together makes a hell of a lot of difference.Gold on the surface,no over burden.Hell of alot longer mining season,and better weather.If they cant do good with all that then they need to work at mcdonalds or some thing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

being in Oregon should make it a 100 times easier for Todd.Cheaper gas,parts,labor,housing,finding parts,fixing parts,which together makes a hell of a lot of difference.Gold on the surface,no over burden.Hell of alot longer mining season,and better weather.If they cant do good with all that then they need to work at mcdonalds or some thing.
View Quote

I can't wait for the EPA to shut them down

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

Not to mention being closer to home. I can't believe there's still places in the world with gold laying on the ground.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are increasing the drama by constantly talking about tony "not being able to pay off the dredge."

How many pieces of equipment pay for themselves in 1 year? Not many. Most equipment barely pays for itself before it's worn out junk.

The other mines aren't hitting that metric. There were a lot of seasons they didn't even even gross enough to cover 1/10th of the equipment without even counting expenses.

What matters, is cash in the bank. Tony has an operating cost that is not even 5 percent of what the other miners have. Will he make money with his mediocre season so far? Hard to tell but probably. It's not nearly the failure that the tv show it talking it up to be.

The show doesn't talk about that because the average american can't grasp it. All they understand is "zomg todd made 2 million monies!" despite losing money after expenses if the show didn't cover part of it and "zomg tony failed" because his return on capital wasn't 100%.

Also, they keep saying the dredge was bought for 1 million dollars. I'm fairly skeptical of that number being true. By fairly skeptical I mean it's outright bullshit. An old broken down dredge in the middle of nowhere that has to be moved?

In a state where scrap metal really isn't even worth anything because of the logistics? Think about that. Ask yourself if that dredge had 1 million dollars worth of value sitting the wild somewhere. I seriously doubt it.

If you look at this show from an objective pov, you'll realize that a lot of the story is just filler. I still enjoy watching it but some of it is asinine.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 2:33:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Divert the creek cliffhanger
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 10:40:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Holy cow, LOTS of gold.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 8:14:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

They are increasing the drama by constantly talking about tony "not being able to pay off the dredge."

How many pieces of equipment pay for themselves in 1 year? Not many. Most equipment barely pays for itself before it's worn out junk.

The other mines aren't hitting that metric. There were a lot of seasons they didn't even even gross enough to cover 1/10th of the equipment without even counting expenses.

What matters, is cash in the bank. Tony has an operating cost that is not even 5 percent of what the other miners have. Will he make money with his mediocre season so far? Hard to tell but probably. It's not nearly the failure that the tv show it talking it up to be.

The show doesn't talk about that because the average american can't grasp it. All they understand is "zomg todd made 2 million monies!" despite losing money after expenses if the show didn't cover part of it and "zomg tony failed" because his return on capital wasn't 100%.

Also, they keep saying the dredge was bought for 1 million dollars. I'm fairly skeptical of that number being true. By fairly skeptical I mean it's outright bullshit. An old broken down dredge in the middle of nowhere that has to be moved?

In a state where scrap metal really isn't even worth anything because of the logistics? Think about that. Ask yourself if that dredge had 1 million dollars worth of value sitting the wild somewhere. I seriously doubt it.

If you look at this show from an objective pov, you'll realize that a lot of the story is just filler. I still enjoy watching it but some of it is asinine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya. I don't buy that that dredge cost a million. There a ton of them just abandoned up there. Plus, that whole broken bucket thing was a fraud. Didn't they take a few buckets off to tighten up the chain a few episodes backs? They already had spares sitting there.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#36]

Ya. I don't buy that that dredge cost a million. There a ton of them just abandoned up there. Plus, that whole broken bucket thing was a fraud. Didn't they take a few buckets off to tighten up the chain a few episodes backs? They already had spares sitting there.
View Quote

Ya the whole bucket thing was fake drama for show. They could have kept running with a broken scoop. Notice the buckets had white paint pen inventory markings....Flower pots my ass !

I wonder if he had to buy the claim to get the dredge, that would explain why it could cost a Mil.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Ya the whole bucket thing was fake drama for show. They could have kept running with a broken scoop. Notice the buckets had white paint pen inventory markings....Flower pots my ass !

I wonder if he had to buy the claim to get the dredge, that would explain why it could cost a Mil.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Good question.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Minnie to the rescue!!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Never loan Ft. Knox to Toad, he'll topple it over
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I still can not figure out why Freddy agrees to even be in the same camera shot much less in business with Toad.
View Quote

Freddy is not in business with Toad.
That's Dave.

Guess who's company makes most of the wash plants in use around the Klondike?  
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 10:27:02 PM EDT
[#41]
I really don't get all the hate for Todd.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 1:28:07 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote
Because he is an idiot.  That and a lot of people don't like fat people.

Link Posted: 2/29/2016 1:55:08 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude crashes and burns on numerous occasions, yet maintains a solid crew around him and is set to recover 3000oz of gold in a single season. And is the face of a successful reality series on Discovery Channel. How does that make him an idiot?
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 2:25:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Todd is from Oregon.  I don't think Oregon will allow him to mine they same way they do in Canada or even AK.  I don't remember the details, but OR was getting real bad about people using small mining equipment.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 11:24:03 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
  Dude crashes and burns on numerous occasions, yet maintains a solid crew around him and is set to recover 3000oz of gold in a single season. And is the face of a successful reality series on Discovery Channel. How does that make him an idiot?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

While he is set to recover 3000 oz of gold, he is probably no where near a profit in any of the previous seasons or even this one.  If it wasn't for the show he would have had to quit a long time ago for shear lack of money.

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Season finale starting now...

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:27:28 PM EDT
[#47]
I really like Grandpa Scnabel. That old man is the real deal.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:31:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Some nice totals. I'd like to see what todd's profit is after everything said and done. I'd be shocked if he makes more then 5%
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 2:33:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Parker is a punk.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Big piles of gold.

Why the fuck didn't they just drain the damn cut and dry-dock the dredge right where it sat? It's a plowed cut, it's already level.

Juan is fucking TIER Juan for having pulled that turbo off his own truck just to get their plant up and running. Tier Juan.

Tony might be a legend but Grandpa John is still the king.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top