Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#1]
FNG

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Steal Gowdy's chair.  When he arrives and looks around in confusion point to the Speaker's podium.

Problem solved.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:49:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I am not an expert on these things, but I think you have to actually be a member of the House, in order to be Speaker of the House.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like Allen West for Speaker.

I am not an expert on these things, but I think you have to actually be a member of the House, in order to be Speaker of the House.  

actually....
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I prefer reluctance in my politicians.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All out civil war within the party and if Boehner is picking Paul Ryan for his side, then I want nothing to do with him.

Besides, the House needs true leadership and reluctance doesn't exactly check that box.

I prefer reluctance in my politicians.

Many great leaders- Start with George Washington, have been "drafted" essentially.....
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:58:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Who is Paul Ryan?
View Quote

Not someone we want as Speaker.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:01:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Strange I know but you don't have to be.
I say Ted Nugget for Speaker!
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I propose Mia Love, that way when the democrats vote against her we can claim racism and sexism like they always do.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:33:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I will always vote.

I will always choose the most conservative person on the ballot.

What I won't always do is donate dollars to the cause.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In my view this is the last chance the GOP gets from me.  If they elect another establishment guy hand picked by the current leadership, I'm done holding my nose and voting GOP.  Fuck them all!!!!

I will always vote.

I will always choose the most conservative person on the ballot.

What I won't always do is donate dollars to the cause.

Thank God...a voice of reason...in GD no less.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sam Stein @samsteinhp

Rep. Luis Gutierrez says Paul Ryan would be a good Speaker and work w/ Dems. Then says he probably just hurt Ryan’s chances by saying that.

From my perspective, Ryan would be a bad choice. To my knowledge, no one in the House understands budgetary-type issues better than Ryan, and this, along with an apparently stellar personality, is the source of the high esteem in which he correctly is held.

However, when it comes to certain other issues, it’s sometimes difficult to distinguish Ryan from a bleeding-heart liberal. Immigration is an excellent example.

In 2013, Ryan was highly sympathetic to the push for amnesty for illegal immigrants (though he objected to the term). In fact, he appeared at a pro-amnesty rally alongside liberal Democrat Luis Gutierrez, the most strident amnesty monger in the House. In addition, he pitched the alleged economic benefits of amnesty to his House colleagues.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/10/will-paul-ryan-be-the-next-speaker-i-hope-not.php

"The Budget" can more or less take care of the illegal immigration/amnesty problem.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:28:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They should get Newtie the Punkinhead back, make a new Contract with America, and shake up some shit.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Whoever is finally chosen, will just follow the party path anyway.

Does the choice even matter?

View Quote
Trey wouldn't.  But he won't do it.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Darrell Issa is a pitbull from what I've seen of him on the special committees tearing into some of the current administration's scandals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I could get behind this:

Issa said he backed House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, who has said he would not run, and that he does not have a second choice. Issa said he would consider jumping in.

"I could potentially be a candidate," he said in a separate interview on MSNBC.

Darrell Issa is a pitbull from what I've seen of him on the special committees tearing into some of the current administration's scandals.

He is a pitbull (he is my rep).

That said, he has some skeletons in his closet. Some questionable business dealings that have been briefly dredged up before when he has run for re-election. Given that it was a local issue and his district is pretty conservative, they went nowhere. But there is a risk of them getting traction when the national spotlight is cast on him.

My gut feeling is the RINOs and the dems are up to something fucky. Something that will not be good for "us".
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Who is Paul Ryan?
View Quote

My Rep.

I was going to be calling his office today to voice my non-support for any new gun legislation.

Also....

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/paul-ryan-not-running-speaker
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:02:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Why is Boner the one nominating his replacement? It should be whoever the people tell their Congressmen to vote for, not someone a limp dick says would be good.
View Quote

I don't quite get that one either. He was not liked due to his leadership style so what makes him think that someone that suits him would suit the ones that got shed of him is beyond me.

Hell bring back Newt and watch heads explode.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:24:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That said, he has some skeletons in his closet. Some questionable business dealings that have been briefly dredged up before when he has run for re-election. Given that it was a local issue and his district is pretty conservative, they went nowhere. But there is a risk of them getting traction when the national spotlight is cast on him.

My gut feeling is the RINOs and the dems are up to something fucky. Something that will not be good for "us".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I could get behind this:

Issa said he backed House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, who has said he would not run, and that he does not have a second choice. Issa said he would consider jumping in.

"I could potentially be a candidate," he said in a separate interview on MSNBC.

My representative is a member of the Freedom Caucus.  Great guy who personally answers my e-mails...in one of them he told me that it's simply a numbers game:  there aren't enough "real" conservatives to get their way, but they (Freedom Caucus) continues to vote the way their constituents tell them too even though they typically lose or, in the case of electing a new speaker, won't get who they want.

It's simply a numbers game:  want things to be more conservative, we need to collectively elect more "further right of center" conservatives.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:34:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Never trust a man with two first names.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:54:00 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Steal Gowdy's chair.  When he arrives and looks around in confusion point to the Speaker's podium.

Problem solved.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 1:36:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
All out civil war within the party and if Boehner is picking Paul Ryan for his side, then I want nothing to do with him.

Besides, the House needs true leadership and reluctance doesn't exactly check that box.
View Quote

It can and has been a good thing.    Washington was a reluctant leader as well.....
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 1:39:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No actually.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 4:24:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Holy shit.  I didn't know that!  

When's the last time that has actually happened?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, you do not.

Never . . . Although it is not constitutionally required, there has never been a SOTH who was not actually a sitting member of Congress.

dp

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 4:37:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Never trust a man with two first names.
View Quote

Jack Ryan would disagree.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 6:40:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 6:56:40 AM EDT
[#25]
"On Friday’s program of the Howie Carr radio show, conservative icon and best-selling author Ann Coulter announced that she will accept Rep. Paul Ryan's challenge to debate the Obama-Rubio mass amnesty plan.

In 2013, Paul Ryan declared, “I will debate anybody who tries to suggest that these ideas that are moving through Congress [the ‘Gang of Eight’ plan] are amnesty.” That pledge is still featured on his website to this day.

“You’ve got to get a call into his office and tell him I’ll debate him,” Coulter told Howie Carr. “Seriously, put in a call to his office. We’ll do it on your radio [show].”

Coulter suggested she wouldn’t have a hard time taking on Ryan. “Did anybody else see his debate with Biden?” she asked."

Anne Coulter has accepted his open challenge:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/09/ann-coulter-accepts-paul-ryans-challenge-debate-marco-rubios-amnesty-bill/
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 6:57:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I used to like Paul Ryan (he was about the only reason I could stomach voting for Romney)... then he went weak kneed and seems to support amnesty.. for me, that is a deal breaker and I can't support any candidate in favor it.  It'd be like supporting a pro gun control candidate.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 7:01:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
In my view this is the last chance the GOP gets from me.  If they elect another establishment guy hand picked by the current leadership, I'm done holding my nose and voting GOP.  Fuck them all!!!!
View Quote

Welp, Ryan is their hand picked guy.

They have something on Ryan, I don't know what but he's beholding to them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 7:07:32 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
They don't care and will fuck you back
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 7:07:32 AM EDT
[#29]
FPR

When he cozied up to Romney years ago, I started getting nervous about him.

To heck with that RINO now.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 7:24:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Nolo for Speaker!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 10:00:50 AM EDT
[#31]
They are all worried about re-election, not you dreamers.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
As soon as Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) shocked his fellow Republicans by withdrawing from the race for House speaker, Paul Ryan knew what was coming.

“I will not be a candidate,” the Wisconsin Republican said in a release issued less than 20 minutes after McCarthy’s stunning Thursday announcement, in an immediate bid to cut off any pressure for him to do a job he has repeatedly said he does not want.

But this time, it didn’t take. By mid-afternoon, outgoing speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) had spoken to Ryan at least twice, trying to convince the reluctant congressman that he was the only man who could save House Republicans from their self-created chaos.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/under-speaker-pressure-signs-pointing-to-a-reluctant-paul-ryan/2015/10/08/101a296c-6dff-11e5-aa5b-f78a98956699_story.html
View Quote

No thanks. Progressive turd.

A lot of people are talking about Newt grinrich. He  is the original progressive turd.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#33]
good maybe we could replace him with a real conservative
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Nolo for Speaker!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 10:25:26 AM EDT
[#35]

That pissed off a number of people I know in the area, including myself.

One person I was speaking with called him a bigger liberal than Baldwin.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
They're looking for a spineless faggot who won't stand up to the Kenyan.
View Quote

There are plenty to choose from.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Sam Stein @samsteinhp

Rep. Luis Gutierrez says Paul Ryan would be a good Speaker and work w/ Dems. Then says he probably just hurt Ryan’s chances by saying that.

From my perspective, Ryan would be a bad choice. To my knowledge, no one in the House understands budgetary-type issues better than Ryan, and this, along with an apparently stellar personality, is the source of the high esteem in which he correctly is held.

However, when it comes to certain other issues, it’s sometimes difficult to distinguish Ryan from a bleeding-heart liberal. Immigration is an excellent example.

In 2013, Ryan was highly sympathetic to the push for amnesty for illegal immigrants (though he objected to the term). In fact, he appeared at a pro-amnesty rally alongside liberal Democrat Luis Gutierrez, the most strident amnesty monger in the House. In addition, he pitched the alleged economic benefits of amnesty to his House colleagues.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/10/will-paul-ryan-be-the-next-speaker-i-hope-not.php

I bet he could get 60 dems to vote for him.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 10:54:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The Constitution does not require that the Speaker be an elected House Representative, though every Speaker so far has been an elected Member of Congress.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, you do not.

The Constitution does not require that the Speaker be an elected House Representative, though every Speaker so far has been an elected Member of Congress.

This is why we need Newt back! People pissed on Newt, but he got shit done. He was the one that brought Clinton to the table. It was the media that gave the credit to Clinton while crying about the "Contract with America", and sadly they failed to convey to the people that most of it was passed.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 10:58:04 AM EDT
[#39]
The only Ryan I'd support is Jack Ryan.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Maybe the guy who doesn't want the job is the better choice...
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:12:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Chuck Norris
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I used to like Paul Ryan (he was about the only reason I could stomach voting for Romney)... then he went weak kneed and seems to support amnesty.. for me, that is a deal breaker and I can't support any candidate in favor it.  It'd be like supporting a pro gun control candidate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Amnesty is the worst thing that could happen to this country that has a realistic chance of happening. Why the fuck would we want to give the Democrats millions of new net voters, and then tens of millions more through chain migration? It's the worst strategic decision the Republicans could possibly make. It is good, though, for maximizing short term campaign contributions from Chamber of Commerce scumbags, and for lining up a post-congressional career as a consultant or a lobbyist for Big Stupid Business.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you looked at his legislative history, it was obvious that he was never a genuine conservative.  He just happened to be able to reinvent himself for a time.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 8:19:05 AM EDT
[#44]
FPR, Harry Reid endorsed him isn't that enough to tell his values
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 8:31:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Well, you can tell he's Progressive deep down. Whiny about dissent in the Party. Wants the conservatives to shut up and not complain as part of the deal of him being the speaker.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#46]
He once advocated "open borders" because we are a nation of ideas, not a nation of borders.  I don't know whether someone should be disqualified because he once said something silly, but if that's his current position, the 'Pubbies and I are done.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'd think so, but actually you don't.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Whoever is finally chosen, will just follow the party path anyway.

Does the choice even matter?

View Quote

Doesn't matter. They will all ram amnesty down our throats, then dance for the Mexicans to get their votes. We're irrelevant at this point.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 9:48:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Well, you can tell he's Progressive deep down. Whiny about dissent in the Party. Wants the conservatives to shut up and not complain as part of the deal of him being the speaker.
View Quote

Wants the conservatives to shut up and not complain as part of the deal of him being the speaker.

True and WTF, I will take the job if I can do as I want with no party opposition.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 9:55:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Better than Nancy Pelosi
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top