Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/9/2015 1:07:44 AM EDT
Here's my idea on how we can deal with compromise:

Anyone who wants to post a thread with a new idea about how to surrender more of our rights to the antis in return for more empty promises gets thrown in a small room.

After 72 hours of bright lights and techno remixes of Miley Cyrus songs, we drag him back out, take some baseball bats to the place his testicles supposedly reside so the next generation isn't subjected to his obvious genetic inferiority, then if they still think their compromise is a good idea, we throw him back in the room and do it all over again.

If someone is convinced after a month of this they still have a good idea worth sharing with the group, they can post it for peer review.

This seems like a reasonable compromise to me.  

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:09:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a party.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:09:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Suff is only reasonable if I say it is.

That's what being reasonable is all about.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:10:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Anyone who wants to post a thread with a new idea about how to surrender more of our rights to the antis in return for more empty promises gets thrown in a small room.

After 72 hours of bright lights and techno remixes of Miley Cyrus songs, we drag him back out, take some baseball bats to the place his testicles supposedly reside so the next generation isn't subjected to his obvious genetic inferiority, then if they still think their compromise is a good idea, we throw him back in the room and do it all over again.

If someone is convinced after a month of this they still have a good idea worth sharing with the group, they can post it for peer review.

View Quote

Works for me. Give an inch and lose a mile. No compromise.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:13:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Shall not be infringed.

Compromise? You must be a Redcoat. Go away Redcoat, go away!

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:14:17 AM EDT
[#5]
op fucking nails it.

Txl
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:15:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
op fucking nails it.

Txl
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:15:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Fuck compromising...been enough of that already........
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:16:31 AM EDT
[#8]
This is horeshit. I made a thread like this recently and every boot licker cralwed out and told me to deal. I stand with OP.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:21:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Waterboarding has a place in the arsenal of freedom.

I'm sick of those threads and posts as well.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:21:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is horeshit. I made a thread like this recently and every boot licker cralwed out and told me to deal. I stand with OP.
View Quote

Let them crawl, and try to remember names.

Or

"How to spot boot lickers, and Federal plants- for fun and for profit."
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:22:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Waterboarding has a place in the arsenal of freedom.

I'm sick of those threads and posts as well.
View Quote

I'm having flashbacks to Dec '13.

Fuck those who want to give up one more damn thing.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:23:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

You know right that our tax dollars pay people to post HERE, ON THIS VERY FORUM. About things like Russia, Edward Snowden, "Sensible Gun Laws" , etc

This forum is small potatoes compared to something like Reddit or CNN.com Comments, but it still gets a few.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:25:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You know right that our tax dollars pay people to post HERE, ON THIS VERY FORUM. About things like Russia, Edward Snowden, "Sensible Gun Laws" , etc

This forum is small potatoes compared to something like Reddit or CNN.com Comments, but it still gets a few.
View Quote

lol at you thinking the government needs to pay people to suggest stupid ways for gun owners to give up their rights.

Go start your own tin foil thread.  This thread is about compromising assholes and baseball bats.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:31:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Or

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or

Idk about what everyone else sees, but I find the vast majority are early and reasonably active members like 2001-8, or recent randos. There is a strong Uncle Government vibe with alot of old membership here.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:41:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:45:02 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a bat. OP, you'll have to provide the Miley Cyrus.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:45:32 AM EDT
[#17]
At first I thought this was another compromise thread and then I was wrong.

Many of the compromise thread people are probably new gun owners that don't realize the other side doesn't use logic. They never have and never will. There is no such thing as "compromise", just loss. Until they realize that, we will suffer through these compromise threads.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:48:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have a bat. OP, you'll have to provide the Miley Cyrus.
View Quote

I want to swing a bat, damn it
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:53:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:00:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
By surrender gun rights he means the silly thread about making mini guns and grenades legal over the counter in exchange for background checks on private transfers

"By God I would not agree to being able to buy mechanized armor with atomic rockets for a nickel in exchange for open carry being restricted to people who are more than 3 months old!"
View Quote

HOLY HYPERBOLE BATMAN!  ITS THE PENGUIN!

In the real world, the compromise doesn't work the way the hypothetical scenarios do. Even if they did, its time to start taking rights back, not trading them away.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:04:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:08:14 AM EDT
[#22]
mama mia these are some tard level threads

hypothetical chest beating about nothing

might as well make a thread proudly insisting that you won't pay more than $100 for a new car

because you're so bad ass
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:09:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Yeah!
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:16:17 AM EDT
[#24]
I ripped the motherfuckin mattress tag right off my mattress today

says do not remove

most people leave theirs on.  I guess being a pussy means more to them than mattress freedom

IS THAT ALL YOU GOT, WORLD?

COME AT ME
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:18:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Amen. Praise be Eugene, Samuel, and John Moses.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:25:18 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

The thread he's bitching about is some nonsense about the Nfa being wiped out in exchange for background checks.  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1795687_Would_you_be_ok_with_universal_back_ground_checks_if_suppressors_were_deregulated_and_MG_s_were_a_go.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

By surrender gun rights he means the silly thread about making mini guns and grenades legal over the counter in exchange for background checks on private transfers

"By God I would not agree to being able to buy mechanized armor with atomic rockets for a nickel in exchange for open carry being restricted to people who are more than 3 months old!"

In the real world, the compromise doesn't work the way the hypothetical scenarios do. Even if they did, its time to start taking rights back, not trading them away.
The thread he's bitching about is some nonsense about the Nfa being wiped out in exchange for background checks.  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1795687_Would_you_be_ok_with_universal_back_ground_checks_if_suppressors_were_deregulated_and_MG_s_were_a_go.html

That's not the only compromise thread recently.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:25:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im aware, I posted in it.

No one proposing this magical compromise has said that you could "buy mechanized armor with atomic rockets for a nickel in exchange for open carry being restricted to people who are more than 3 months old!". Thats the hyperbole. And the gist of the people in that thread is this: In the real world, the compromise doesn't work the way the hypothetical scenarios do. Even if they did, its time to start taking rights back, not trading them away.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:28:12 AM EDT
[#28]

Dammit, I came here to post that....

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:19:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Gun control compromise... Take SBRs and suppressors out of the NFA.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:26:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is the best plan I've heard yet  I'm especially pleased to see baseball bats will be involved...

[clint eastwood]Nothing like a nice piece of hickory[/clint eastwood]

Edit:  Might as well drop the clip in here for a bit of motivation

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:45:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

might as well make a thread proudly insisting that you won't pay more than $100 for a new car

View Quote

This is pure irony gold, coming from the guy who has a thread bitching about license plates on other people's cars.

Sometimes the internet doesn't have to be 100% serious.

But I don't expect you to be able to grasp that concept.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#32]
I can't argue with this.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

8.5/10

Needs more fucks and ideas for fire hose employment.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:58:45 AM EDT
[#34]
An idea for gun control compromise

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is what I call a common sense solution
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This is the best plan I've heard yet  I'm especially pleased to see baseball bats will be involved...

https://youtu.be/eyjrUAimzZg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://youtu.be/eyjrUAimzZg

Nuthin like a nice piece of Hickory.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Sooooooooo..that's a no then.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#40]
The only gun control measures we should be willing to take should be forbidding sales to people with crazy eyes and/or chili-bowl haircuts, seeing as how most of the recent shooters fit the criteria.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#41]
I have an idea for a compromise. Anyone who hurts someone else's feelings with a firearm gets a harshly worded letter in addition to any punishments they are already subject to.

That's real change, legislative style.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#42]
They sign a note promising never to touch a gun.  We get NFA & other things back.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#43]
By my count we've already "compromised" several dozen times since the 1920s and they're still singing the same old song and thinking its somehow going to make things better.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This is pure irony gold, coming from the guy who has a thread bitching about license plates on other people's cars.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

my license plate thread was a joke

you know it, I know it, the people who read the thread know it, the people who didn't read it and don't give a fuck know it

these 'no compromise" threads, on the other hand, are not a joke and they are truly dumb on several levels:

1. they are irrelevant.  

gun laws don't come from "compromise" on the part of hardcore gun owners like us, they come from dumb-as-fuck centrist voters.

the brady bill wasn't the result of a compromise, it was hammered down our throat by a huge dog-eat-dog political push by the democrats

so your stance of "no compromise" is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT since your vote counts for nothing against 5000 soccer moms

centrist voters decide everything in this country

That's who the NRA pitches their message to: centrists.

2. these threads are just empty beer talk

they just serve as a vehicle for everyone to flatter and congratulate themselves for being an elite gun rights warrior  

seems like a waste of time but if you're happy, I'm happy

3. saying "no compromise" over and over like a parrot isn't an argument that would convince anyone

convincing people takes an argument made of fact and logic

not an argument made from elite tactical scorn

has anyone ever displayed so much scorn toward you that it changed your political stance?

hope this helps your obvious confusion a little
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#46]

Tough but fair.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Sounds reasonable, there shall be no more compromise....
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

seems like a waste of time but if you're happy, I'm happy

View Quote

Based solely on your angsty posts here, I wonder if you're ever happy.

I hope this is just a persona you can't manage to drop and not how you are 24/7.  That would suck.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:18:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dinosaurs.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Alternate Treatment for enemy sympathizers of all types:

Castration

Followed by

Lobotomy
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top