Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:13:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:14:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's actually a pretty big trade.

The Title II status of suppressors and MG's are for all intents and purpose an outright ban.

A trade of repealing ALL of the NFA in its entirety in compromise with "universal" background checks would be a pretty big victory, especially if there was a family and friend exemption.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
1 for 1 trade with no shenanigans?

Hell yes

If you think that's a 1 to 1 trade, you shouldn't be voting.

The Title II status of suppressors and MG's are for all intents and purpose an outright ban.

A trade of repealing ALL of the NFA in its entirety in compromise with "universal" background checks would be a pretty big victory, especially if there was a family and friend exemption.

Exactly what I am saying!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:14:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

A trade of repealing ALL of the NFA in its entirely in compromise with "universal" background checks would be a pretty big victory, especially if there was a family and friend exemption.
View Quote

lol

Reagan Amnesty was supposed to come with securing the border.

FOPA in 86 was supposed to stop harassment of gun owners while traveling.  Instead we got the machine gun ban and people still get arrested for crossing the wrong invisible border.

When are yall going to learn that the left promises a compromise, takes what they want now and never gets around to fulfilling their promise?

They'd say we have to enact UBCs now, and we will figure out how to repeal NFA laws afterwards.  We'd wind up with registration and still have the NFA.  History repeats itself, yet again.

You can't compromise with the left on anything, because they'll lie and not actually follow through.  Maybe someday enough people will figure that out to stop thinking compromising on anything with them is a good idea.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:14:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

A trade of repealing ALL of the NFA in its entirely in compromise with "universal" background checks would be a pretty big victory, especially if there was a family and friend exemption.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell yes

If you think expanding background checks is a good idea, you belong in a mental institution, which I completely support funding at this point.  I really don't see getting rid of the liberals and other crazies with any other method, outside of mass murder.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:15:19 AM EDT
[#5]
NO.

But you know how everything is always about the details?  Well, let's just say it passes.  So, a BGC will cost $200.  You happy now?

Just say, NO.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:15:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:15:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell yes

Background checks for doing away with the NFA?

Are you shitting me or is your tinfoil so tight you would be afraid of a background check?

I'd go broke buying an m2.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:15:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They can take my guns from my cold dead hands, let them try.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck yeah! I don't give a shit about background checks. Give me me MG's and easy suppressors!

Except that with Universal background checks, everything you purchase will be expected to be in your possession.  You can't play the "I sold it face to face" card.  

If you buy a gun, the day comes (like it did in NYC when they sent out the letter demanding certain models of firearms be forfeited) when you have to turn it in, and you don't, you have a warrant out for your arrest.  Because, with UBC's, either you have every gun you have ever purchased, or there is a paper trail of you selling it, or a police report of it being lost/stolen.  End of story.  

Like I have said in previous threads, UBC's, in a practical sense, would mean that every gun you own is the equivalent of what an NFA firearm is today.

Eventually.

People on here think they're going to get more of their freedoms and gun rights back. Gullible. Only reason I give money to this site, and the NRA is to try and keep what we have. I would say in 20-40 years it'll be almost gone.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:16:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck yeah! I don't give a shit about background checks. Give me me MG's and easy suppressors!

Except that with Universal background checks, everything you purchase will be expected to be in your possession.  You can't play the "I sold it face to face" card.  

If you buy a gun, the day comes (like it did in NYC when they sent out the letter demanding certain models of firearms be forfeited) when you have to turn it in, and you don't, you have a warrant out for your arrest.  Because, with UBC's, either you have every gun you have ever purchased, or there is a paper trail of you selling it, or a police report of it being lost/stolen.  End of story.  

Like I have said in previous threads, UBC's, in a practical sense, would mean that every gun you own is the equivalent of what an NFA firearm is today.

If they never come to actually take them, are you going to die an outlaw and pass the burden of getting your rights back to your children?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:16:55 AM EDT
[#10]
How about we deregulate all NFA, GCA68, and FOPA items and defund the ATF. This sounds like a good compromise to me.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:17:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

People on here think they're going to get more of their freedoms and gun rights back. Gullible. Only reason I give money to this site, and the NRA is to try and keep what we have. I would say in 20-40 years it'll be almost gone.
View Quote

In many states we are continuing to improve the gun laws.  

Your pessimism is misguided.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:17:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nothing will ever "get better" about machine guns and suppressors (nationally anyway state suppressors laws seem to be getting better). In hypothetical land would I trade having to do every gun transaction through an ffl for being able to buy machine guns for $750 off the rack and being able to buy suppressors off the shelf? Yeah probably
View Quote

Pretty much. It'll NEVER happen though. Like I said we'll be lucky to hold on to what we got. I'm picking up a Lifetime NRA membership when the NRA convention comes to Kentucky next year. I believe they give a discount for veterans. I plan on giving the rest of what I have discounted to the NRA ILA.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:19:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Improving gun laws? Are you serious? You think open carry or CCW is better gun laws? Where does that say anything about those in the 2nd amendment? How fast do you think those gun laws can go away if given a majority of Democrats take over?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:20:41 AM EDT
[#14]
The feds have no authority to regulate firearms.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:21:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Improving gun laws? Are you serious? You think open carry or CCW is better gun laws? Where does that say anything about those in the 2nd amendment? How fast do you think those gun laws can go away if given a majority of Democrats take over?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, lets just completely ignore the several states who have gone to constitutional carry, and the many states working towards it.

We shall call them "Inconvenient States".

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:21:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Are you shitting me or is your tinfoil so tight you would be afraid of a background check?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell yes

The current broken background check system denies about twelve-thousand people a year, who go through the process of appealing to assert their rights.

You background check supporting cunts are the absolute worst of the infiltrators we see here.

I'd like to do things to you.  

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:23:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Eventually.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eventually.

Yep.  I know a lot of "thing is 'Murica, that would NEVER happen here" types.  People just don't get it.  It probably can, and will.  Not today, not tomorrow.  But within the next couple of decades, it more thank likely will.

With universal background checks, every gun you own (after it is passed) will have traceable transaction forms to go with them.  That is not fucking tinfoil, that is the truth.  And the left has already pointed at countries that have successfully accomplished mass forfeiture/confiscation as their goal.

So you can sit there and woefully think that since our flag has stars and stripes on it, that we are immune to that, and there will never be an issue with allowing he government to track every firearm transaction made.  But if you do, you are no different than the people that say "who needs that" in reference to "assault rifles" and the like; IE) the same type of people that allowed places like England and Aussie to have the laws that they have.

But, like I said, this is America.  That would never happen here.  They respect the 2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:23:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah, lets just completely ignore the several states who have gone to constitutional carry, and the many states working towards it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think the democrats are just going to just let that happen?

I believe this Election season we'll see if you're right or if you're wrong.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:24:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

These laws are far better. Carry was illegal in many states for decades - now, most states are shall-issue.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:24:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

(Sigline)
"NRA Life Member, TSRA, MS Carry, NYSRPA, Oregon Firearms Federation, VCDL"

View Quote

Hey,

Thanks.
We're gonna need it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:25:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The current broken background check system denies about twelve-thousand people a year, who go through the process of appealing to assert their rights.

You background check supporting cunts are the absolute worst of the infiltrators we see here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell yes

Damn my cover has been blown. Guess I should ditch all the stuff I bought on the EE and go back to DU.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:26:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:26:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote

Four state legislatures voted for it this year.  Fucking four in one year.

Two were thwarted by their governors.  

We will probably pass ten states next next year.  That's twenty percent of the country.  

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:26:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

These laws are far better. Carry was illegal in many states for decades - now, most states are shall-issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those Laws are complete are utter BS, and go against the 2nd amendment. CCW laws are unconstitutional, and infringe on people's rights. I've got my CCW. I feel like a sheep. Same thing with all my NFA stuff. It's BS, and not one single law abiding American should have to do that to be a gun owner.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:26:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Hey,

Thanks.
We're gonna need it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(Sigline)

Hey,

Thanks.
We're gonna need it.

Absolutely man.  Started a thread hoping to encourage others to do the same.

This one on being compromising pussies is already on pace to pass it up ten fold, and my thread on helping out fellow gun owners is months old.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:27:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

We will probably pass ten states next next year.  That's twenty percent of the country.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It'll never pass in Kentucky. We're about to have a very anti gun governor in Jack Conway.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:28:05 AM EDT
[#27]
... No
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:29:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

lol

FOPA in 86 was supposed to stop harassment of gun owners while traveling.  Instead we got the machine gun ban and people still get arrested for crossing the wrong invisible border.

When are yall going to learn that the left promises a compromise, takes what they want now and never gets around to fulfilling their promise?

They'd say we have to enact UBCs now, and we will figure out how to repeal NFA laws afterwards.  We'd wind up with registration and still have the NFA.  History repeats itself, yet again.

You can't compromise with the left on anything, because they'll lie and not actually follow through.  Maybe someday enough people will figure that out to stop thinking compromising on anything with them is a good idea.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

I thought we were talking about hypotheticals. (Hypotheticals that really have no chance of ever happening).

Hypothetically speaking, I'd have no problem getting back my rightful access to unconstitutionally banned firearms and non firearms (suppressors) in trade with so called "universal background checks".

The NFA is a registry while UBC's only are suspected to possibly create a registry.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:29:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:30:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The NFA is a registry while UBC's only are suspected to possibly create a registry.
View Quote

Suspected to possibly create a registry?

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:32:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

An actual "registry" and a "paper trail" are not the same thing.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:33:08 AM EDT
[#32]
No.

Registration ends with confiscation, and there is no freaking way that UBC on private sales wouldn't end up making a registry.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:33:15 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

They don't have to. They make the gun illegal. Let's say I build an AR15 this weekend in NY. Okay so now I have a gun that is a felony to own. So now what? I can go in my cellar and caress it. I can't even sight it in without risking prison time, if I shoot a burglar with it, prison time. Other than zombies starting to wander the countryside and society collapsing you can't do anything with it unless you have a pretty high tolerance for risking incarceration  
View Quote

Maybe that guy who lives behind me and loads all his mags to 28 rounds registered them all and the guns that shoot them.  

I suppose it's possible.  A few people did.

You reach a certain point of regulation, and a lot of people just stop giving a shit.

If you have to shoot a burglar with an illegal gun, maybe you should bury him out in the woods.  Less hassle overall.  Don't post about it on arfcom, it's probably against the COC.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:34:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
No.

Registration ends with confiscation, and there is no freaking way that UBC on private sales wouldn't end up making a registry.
View Quote

Nah, it's only suspected to maybe possibly create the slim option of perhaps one day becoming a registry.  That's totally not the intent of any UBC push.  

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:34:22 AM EDT
[#35]
So then they can lock me and my family up when we let eachother borrow guns?

No thanks. Hey, MGs & suppressors are deregulated, but you're in the pen.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:35:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When we don't have the 2nd amendment to fall back on anymore, they become the same thing.

But that would never happen.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:36:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Those Laws are complete are utter BS, and go against the 2nd amendment. CCW laws are unconstitutional, and infringe on people's rights. I've got my CCW. I feel like a sheep. Same thing with all my NFA stuff. It's BS, and not one single law abiding American should have to do that to be a gun owner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sadly, SCOTUS denies that "shall not be infringed" means "shall not be infringed." Until they change their minds, this is the world we must live in. Shall-issue is a minor step, but a step in the right direction. The sunset of the AWB on the Federal level was a turning point.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:37:53 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Lol you call this fantasyland in the OP where you can buy mini guns at wal mart but have to do a background check to sell your neighbor a 10/22 supporting background checks?  
View Quote

Crazy people who think we're going to trade all the current gun laws for UBCs?

Yeah.

These are the kind of people who will trade away all sorts of rights for some delusional perceived victory.

That's too kind.  They're gun grabbers, chipping away at gun rights.  

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:38:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:38:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yeah.

These are the kind of people who will trade away all sorts of rights for some delusional perceived victory.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol you call this fantasyland in the OP where you can buy mini guns at wal mart but have to do a background check to sell your neighbor a 10/22 supporting background checks?  

Yeah.

Awww bless your heart...
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:39:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yeah.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.

And they have one end goal in mind.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:40:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Awww bless your heart...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.

Awww bless your heart...

So are you saying that you don't believe that the people pushing for "sensible gun control" want more than what they are letting on?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:40:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:41:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This one on being compromising pussies is already on pace to pass it up ten fold, and my thread on helping out fellow gun owners is months old.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

(Sigline)

Hey,

Thanks.
We're gonna need it.

for what it's worth, I became a life member of the TSRA around the time of your thread.  not sure I posted in there, but I think I did.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:42:29 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

good luck with burying burglars out back. Maybe if you're a scary loner living in a shack in the woods like the Unabomber.  

Anyway, regulators don't give a shit if you don't give a shit. It's a win for them in the end. Molon labe guy is one kitchen grease fire or pissed off girlfriend away from prison for any illegal stuff he has squirreled away.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They don't have to. They make the gun illegal. Let's say I build an AR15 this weekend in NY. Okay so now I have a gun that is a felony to own. So now what? I can go in my cellar and caress it. I can't even sight it in without risking prison time, if I shoot a burglar with it, prison time. Other than zombies starting to wander the countryside and society collapsing you can't do anything with it unless you have a pretty high tolerance for risking incarceration  

Maybe that guy who lives behind me and loads all his mags to 28 rounds registered them all and the guns that shoot them.  

I suppose it's possible.  A few people did.

You reach a certain point of regulation, and a lot of people just stop giving a shit.

If you have to shoot a burglar with an illegal gun, maybe you should bury him out in the woods.  Less hassle overall.  Don't post about it on arfcom, it's probably against the COC.

good luck with burying burglars out back. Maybe if you're a scary loner living in a shack in the woods like the Unabomber.  

Anyway, regulators don't give a shit if you don't give a shit. It's a win for them in the end. Molon labe guy is one kitchen grease fire or pissed off girlfriend away from prison for any illegal stuff he has squirreled away.

Buy more land, dude.

And a nice suit.

Plus it's fucking rural NY.   What are the odds?

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:42:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yeah.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.

This is hypothetical. I would never trust them to honor a deal in real life.

You might consider not alienating people who share common goals as yourself by not threatening them on the Internet.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:42:36 AM EDT
[#47]
no more compromises
that is why we're where we are today
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:43:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Lol don't forget to buy some lime, helps get rid of the dead burglars quicker.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.

I thought I was supposed to have a hog farm? I get so confused.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:43:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Sadly, SCOTUS denies that "shall not be infringed" means "shall not be infringed." Until they change their minds, this is the world we must live in. Shall-issue is a minor step, but a step in the right direction. The sunset of the AWB on the Federal level was a turning point.
View Quote

Sigh.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:43:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.

What does that even mean?

Are you implying that people that oppose new regulations are some fucking backwoods hilljacks that literally SSS?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top