Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 10/9/2015 12:48:37 AM EDT
Here is a hypothetical question. Just suppose it were possible to have done as an amendment to a bill and have it pass would you be ok with universal back ground checks being instated at a federal level if at the same time they deregulated suppressors and repealed the Hugh's amendment to the Firearms Owner's Protection act of 1986 banning the production of new made machineguns for civilian ownership?

I wouldn't be too upset if those amendments were put on to such a bill as a "poison pill" the way the Hugh's amendment was put on the FOPA. Either it wouldn't pass or we would get some cool benefits out of an otherwise crappy deal IMO.

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:49:31 AM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:50:06 AM EDT
[#2]
No.

Not one inch.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:50:19 AM EDT
[#3]
shall not be infinged.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:50:24 AM EDT
[#4]
With gun owners like this who needs the libs.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:50:33 AM EDT
[#5]
No. Tired of these fucking threads they pop up all the time.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:50:39 AM EDT
[#6]
With UBCs, everything is de facto regulated. Why the fuck is this so hard for people to grasp?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:50:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No.
View Quote

sigh
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:50:55 AM EDT
[#8]
OP stop being tarded and read the 2nd Amendment.  It wasn't written with compromises in mind.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:51:28 AM EDT
[#9]
No, that furthers the concept that the 2A is somehow a privilege and not a right.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:51:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OP stop being tarded and read the 2nd Amendment.  It wasn't written with compromises in mind.
View Quote

Yeah, but we're only losing more and more of it. Libs don't care what the 2nd amendment or any of the constitution says. They work hard, and they're winning. Eventually they will win.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:52:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Im tempted, but I say no.

No more deals. Im done. Fuck them, fuck their family, fuck everyone they ever met.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:53:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes, definitely.

We WILL see an expansion of BCs, only a matter of time. We're not going to get anything for it, tho, because the not-one-inch folks won't let us deal from a position of strength.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:53:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow, everyone above me got in while I was typing. makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Edit: except that guy. Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:54:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yeah, but we're only losing more and more of it. Libs don't care what the 2nd amendment or any of the constitution says. They work hard, and they're winning. Eventually they will win.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give a inch, they take mile.

Fook no.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:54:54 AM EDT
[#15]
NO.  I’d be okay with following the fucking Constitution.  I know it’s a radical plan.  Fuck those commies.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:55:24 AM EDT
[#16]
NO. Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:55:38 AM EDT
[#17]
No not really.

And such an offer WILL NOT BE MADE!

NFA items are just too scary for the antis to contemplate any relaxation on their restriction.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:55:42 AM EDT
[#18]
I would be ok with UBC.. If ... I say if the entire NFA was repealed we get National Reciprocity. Definitely something I would trade but nothing else added on to that. I am willing to give an inch if I can take a mile from them. Dude the NFA would be non existent, I just can't say no to all the SBRs, Full Autos and Suppressors plus I could carry in New York City!  If you are of the mind set that the .gov will come and confiscate everything then I have nothing for you...if your not on their "list" then your not doing it right

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:55:42 AM EDT
[#19]

No
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:56:01 AM EDT
[#20]
No more compromise. Shall not be infringed.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:56:09 AM EDT
[#21]
NO.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:56:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Go piss up a rope.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:56:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Fuck yeah! I don't give a shit about background checks. Give me me MG's and easy suppressors!
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:57:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Like I said. its a hypothetical question. I feel the Hugh's amendment should be repealed anyway along with the 1968 GCA, the 1934 NFA and 1938 NFA. I just don't understand how 85% of American's to include gun owners support universal background checks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:58:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Perhaps, but let us spend several decades coming up with restrictions on the 1st Amendment by the media.  Ultimate goal is to end the liberal domination of the media and their outright lies, distortion of facts and bias.  When we achieve that, there won't be any need for these checks since everyone will know that it would not stop an Oregon type attack.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:59:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Like I said. its a hypothetical question. I feel the Hugh's amendment should be repealed anyway along with the 1968 GCA, the 1934 NFA and 1938 NFA. I just don't understand how 85% of American's to include gun owners support universal background checks.
View Quote

Propaganda, how does it work?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:59:54 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Yes, definitely.

We WILL see an expansion of BCs, only a matter of time. We're not going to get anything for it, tho, because the not-one-inch folks won't let us deal from a position of strength.
View Quote

You've been pushing expanded background checks in all of these threads.

I really don't like you.

Handing your enemies victory isn't strength.  It's handing your enemies victory.

Actual pro-gun people would support laws that stomped those useless faggots when they're down.  Take silencers off the NFA.  Get rid of the ridiculous barrel length requirements.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:00:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Enough with these fucking compromise threads.
Fuck. To. The. No.
It's time to add to swingfromlamposts.exe to the startup folder.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:00:26 AM EDT
[#29]
1 for 1 trade with no shenanigans?

Hell yes
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:00:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because they dont. The stats are rigged.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:00:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Fuck yeah! I don't give a shit about background checks. Give me me MG's and easy suppressors!
View Quote

Except that with Universal background checks, everything you purchase will be expected to be in your possession.  You can't play the "I sold it face to face" card.  

If you buy a gun, the day comes (like it did in NYC when they sent out the letter demanding certain models of firearms be forfeited) when you have to turn it in, and you don't, you have a warrant out for your arrest.  Because, with UBC's, either you have every gun you have ever purchased, or there is a paper trail of you selling it, or a police report of it being lost/stolen.  End of story.  

Like I have said in previous threads, UBC's, in a practical sense, would mean that every gun you own is the equivalent of what an NFA firearm is today.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:02:08 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Hell yes
View Quote

If you think that's a 1 to 1 trade, you shouldn't be voting.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:02:11 AM EDT
[#33]
I wonder how far off we are to deregulating suppressors? Its amazing how many democrats have supported measures to make them easier to access. How many democrats are pro suppressor
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:02:25 AM EDT
[#34]
If NFA items only required a NICS check, the MG registry was opened, and I could legally carry concealed in every state and territory of the United States, then maybe.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:02:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Hell NO!   ...and never going to happen!
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:04:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fatalist accepts defeat in the face of victory...

Anyone have that expanding map of shall issue ccw states?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:05:55 AM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:06:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Except that with Universal background checks, everything you purchase will be expected to be in your possession.  You can't play the "I sold it face to face" card.  

If you buy a gun, the day comes (like it did in NYC when they sent out the letter demanding certain models of firearms be forfeited) when you have to turn it in, and you don't, you have a warrant out for your arrest.  Because, with UBC's, either you have every gun you have ever purchased, or there is a paper trail of you selling it, or a police report of it being lost/stolen.  End of story.  

Like I have said in previous threads, UBC's, in a practical sense, would mean that every gun you own is the equivalent of what an NFA firearm is today.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 1986 Firearms Owners Protection Act already prevents the formation of a registry BTW.

"No such rule or regulation prescribed [by the Attorney General] after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or disposition be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary's authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation."
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:07:19 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

If NFA items only required a NICS check, the MG registry was opened, and I could legally carry concealed in every state and territory of the United States, then maybe.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:08:14 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I wonder how far off we are to deregulating suppressors? Its amazing how many democrats have supported measures to make them easier to access. How many democrats are pro suppressor
View Quote

It could happen.  Suppressor regulation in a lot of Europe and New Zealand is practically non-existent compared to the US.

You've got all these nimby faggots trying to shut down ranges because weah loud.  Hand them a compromise.  Range stays open, suppressors are no longer regulated.

Of course we've got the modern Republican party running things and Boner will probably be speaker 'til he dies.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:08:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Yes, definitely.

View Quote

"Come on.  Just put it in your mouth.  Just a little.  Suck on the tip."

Yeah, the gun grabbers are winning hand over fist.  That's why most of the country has shall-issue CCW, there haven't been new federal gun laws in decades, sneaky backdoor shit like scrapping military brass gets called out and shot down before it ever reaches committee, NFA ownership is at an all time high, multiple states have passed legislation affirming the RKBA (some even in defiance of federal law), women and young people are pouring into the shooting sports...

Yeah, we'd better start surrendering RFN

Not to mention any concession gun owners make will immediately be pointed to by the antis as admission that even we believe there should be more gun regulation, as they vociferously campaign for the next round of restrictions.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:09:32 AM EDT
[#42]
You guys saying no are living in a fantasy land. Poll 100 people at random across the country. What percent support UBCs vs what percent support legal MGs?

Some of us actually want to be able to get MGs one day, and short of a miracle in the courts, the only way that it will happen is as a rider on a gun bill. If we get it it will be a huge step forward and a huge victory for us.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:09:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell yes

It's actually a pretty big trade.

The Title II status of suppressors and MG's are for all intents and purpose an outright ban.

A trade of repealing ALL of the NFA in its entirety in compromise with "universal" background checks would be a pretty big victory, especially if there was a family and friend exemption.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:09:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The 1986 Firearms Owners Protection Act already prevents the formation of a registry BTW.

"No such rule or regulation prescribed [by the Attorney General] after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or disposition be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary's authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except that, what you are describing (a mandatory paper trail of every firearm transaction) can, and would, be used as backdoor registration.

But you are right,  I am just wearing my tinfoil too tight.  They respect the 2nd amendment, and all of the rights of the citizens. And nobody in charge has ever felt that the Supreme Court "got it wrong" and was more than willing than to do whatever they could in their power to circumvent it.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:10:25 AM EDT
[#45]
No.

UBC won't do shit to stop those willing and wanting to harm others.

It's a red herring.

Confiscation for the purpose of removing the one thing standing in their way of imposing their vision of utopia on those who will not comply is the ultimate goal.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:10:41 AM EDT
[#46]

This is all about getting the cake back. I am against UBC's on their own, but if they give us something we really care about then we finally moving in the right direction.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:10:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Here is a hypothetical question. Just suppose it were possible to have done as an amendment to a bill and have it pass would you be ok with universal back ground checks being instated at a federal level if at the same time they deregulated suppressors and repealed the Hugh's amendment to the Firearms Owner's Protection act of 1986 banning the production of new made machineguns for civilian ownership?

I wouldn't be too upset if those amendments were put on to such a bill as a "poison pill" the way the Hugh's amendment was put on the FOPA. Either it wouldn't pass or we would get some cool benefits out of an otherwise crappy deal IMO.

What do you guys think?
View Quote

Here is a slightly different perspective.
We start with the premise we all know, UBC will have no impact on criminal misuse of firearms, and also no impact on 'spree killers' (Terrorists)
[FYI, these 'mass killings' seem to me to be non-political terrorism. They have similar hallmarks to me, they are not people who 'snap' they are people who plan to cause terror]
So it will not impact these events.

If it is allowed to be implemented, next time a newsworthy firearms death occurs they note how the UBC failed.
Why? answer is because it is not a tough enough test. So it will be made tougher, fewer people will be eligible. Now this is just an administrative change not a legislative change so it's easy to implement with out publicity.
From there, rinse and repeat for ever newsworthy shooting, each time increasing requirements and reducing the number of eligible people.

It is no longer legislation to implement, so there is no political process to interrupt, it is just bureaucratic incrementalism.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:11:29 AM EDT
[#48]
This thread is very telling, in all the wrong reasons.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:11:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Would you fuck a supermodel if she got to chop your dick off afterwards?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:11:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can take my guns from my cold dead hands, let them try.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top