Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2015 10:26:49 PM EDT

Happy ammon came so fast.
Happy gssf gun certificate  came so fast.
A little pissed they didn't cover the box to obscure the contents.

If the ups guy is a lib tard (this is seattle), then lord knows what he is thinking or could do.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:28:46 PM EDT
[#1]
You really can't blame the shipper.... It's who ever shipped it and also the person buying it. I know when I order from some vendors, there's an up charge for "discreet packaging" for ammo. If not they will ship in the factory case like you had.  Also if you don't get signature delivery, they are allowed to leave it on your door step.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:29:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Lovely.  I got an upper in on Tuesday, and UPS left it at the door here.  Granted it didn't say in great big letters what it was, but on one end, it did say what brand it was.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:36:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't mind them leaving on doorstep. Prefer it actually.

And not mad at ups.

Would have preferred  plain packaging  with contents not visible.

Every other order I have made at other ammo companies have been more discreet, with the obligatory orm d sticker of course.

I don't really need the ups guy knowing exactly what I have here, when the items can be inflammatory politically.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And not mad at ups.

Every other order I have made at other ammo companies have been more discreet, with the obligatory orm d sticker of course.

I don't really need the ups guy knowing exactly what I have here, when the items can be inflammatory politically.

View Quote

I completely agree.  

I'd definitely complain to the company you bought from.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Curio?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:06:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:07:33 PM EDT
[#7]
The case of 5.56 I just got from a vendor here came in an unmarked box
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:09:13 PM EDT
[#8]
The last time I ordered a rifle with my C&R, it was sitting on my porch when I came home from work.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:19:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lovely.  I got an upper in on Tuesday, and UPS left it at the door here.  Granted it didn't say in great big letters what it was, but on one end, it did say what brand it was.
View Quote

Where did you order it from?  I'd like to order one but every place says "signature required on delivery".  I work, never home when UPS shows up.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:19:56 PM EDT
[#10]
When my ups driver dropped off some 7.62 51 IMI he said over 75% of his deliveries are firearm related since Obama has been in office
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#11]
That's an awful lot of ammo, you ain't one of them domestic right wing extremers guys are you?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:22:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Where did you order it from?  I'd like to order one but every place says "signature required on delivery".  I work, never home when UPS shows up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

www.the-armory.com lets you select to deliver without a signature.  Discreet packaging is $3.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:30:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's an awful lot of ammo, you ain't one of them domestic right wing extremers guys are you?
View Quote

Don't worry.......he'll be on THE LIST.  Soon, if he isn't already.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:32:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Have the stuff delivered to your workplace. I've doing that for several years. Gun parts, ammo, they  don't care. They sign for it and let me know I have a pkg.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Duh, it's for handing out to trick or treaters.  Of course I got a lot.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:46:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:49:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I know one person who didn't buy from SGAmmo!
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:52:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't blame the shipper.If you want discreet packaging talk to the vendor.You have the option of being there when it's delivered or picking it up at the depot.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:57:01 AM EDT
[#19]
As a current manager at UPS, I can honestly say that no one bats an eye at a couple of marked cases of Wolf.

The bad apples are much more keen to steal cell phones.

They are nearly always caught on the first try.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:28:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

As a current manager at UPS, I can honestly say that no one bats an eye at a couple of marked cases of Wolf.

View Quote

Interesting. My buddy was undercover loss prevention and high value at a hub, constant issues of stolen ammunition and firearms/parts. Never walked out with the box though, mostly scooped up broken/spilled stuff.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:48:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Interesting. My buddy was undercover loss prevention and high value at a hub, constant issues of stolen ammunition and firearms/parts. Never walked out with the box though, mostly scooped up broken/spilled stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can only speak for LCH unload in Louisville.

YMMV
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:57:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

YMMV
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

YMMV

Definitely could very by area. This was NJ, very high demand and lower street availability (assumed).
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:59:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

And not mad at ups.

View Quote

They all know exactly what's in there when it's marked ORMD & a small box weighs fifty fucking pounds and clinks together like ammunition.

Did you ask them for discreet packaging in the comments?

I've purchased millions of rounds and companies rarely cover up the labels, typically when it's with other items and they ship them in a different, bigger box.

I don't usually cover up stuff when I ship ammo, nobody has ever complained, the box already has to be marked cartridges, and it's overwhelmingly obvious when ammo is inside a discrete box.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:00:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Definitely could very by area. This was NJ, very high demand and lower street availability (assumed).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV

You may be onto something there, 'ol chap
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:01:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had a UPS driver call the police on me before. He told them I was a skinhead militia member and was going to shoot up Central Michigan, the school I had recently graduated from.

Such a douche, the guy was 40 years old with frosted tips, spiked the front of his hair up like a 16 year old, and wore sunglasses even when it was overcast or raining.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:25:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I had a UPS driver call the police on me before. He told them I was a skinhead militia member and was going to shoot up Central Michigan, the school I had recently graduated from.

Such a douche, the guy was 40 years old with frosted tips, spiked the front of his hair up like a 16 year old, and wore sunglasses even when it was overcast or raining.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're you?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:32:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks like a smart investment to me
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:40:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

We're you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're you?

2011, Mt. Pleasant, MI, hundreds of students shot, dozens killed, it's all 0bama talked about on the news for 87 straight days.

Oh, the skinhead militia part, well, according to the officer, he couldn't find my name in the skinhead militia database.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top