BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:49:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Always thought he looked like Sloth. Like deformed or something.
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/goonies/images/e/e6/Sloth.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110803231321
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's probably just some ordinary retard.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/goonies/images/e/e6/Sloth.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110803231321

McCarty was believed by some to be at least mildly retarded.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone did some digging and ID's the building at the grade school at the Flying H Ranch.  This photo was presumably taken sometime after 1953:

I then used my considerable research skills (ie, I Googled it) and found this map showing the relative locations of Tunstall's house and the grade school.  It's been said that this photo shows a wedding so it's not hard to imagine them staying at Tunstall's house and having the wedding in that small building.  

All of this assumes they are actually the same building.  We'll have to wait until October 18th to see the evidence.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#3]
It shouldn't be too hard to figure out if it really is him or not. We have a picture we know is him and things like how far apart your eyes are, shape of the head, nurmurous other facial features never change. Computer analysis of these between the two pictures should give a pretty  reliable answer.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Thanks!  I should have created that composite myself.  It makes comparisons much easier.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is stated quite often by people who see his photo and I must say, it's not hard to come to that conclusion based on his looks.  However, all those who actually knew him, including his enemies, stated that he was actually far above his peers (ie, other cowboys) in intelligence, resourcefulness and coolness under pressure.  He was also described by all of these people as one of the most charming and likeable guys you could ever meet and the Senioritas loved him.  Governer Wallace actually wrote that BTK was so beloved by the people that when he was staying in Lincoln while Billy was under house arrest, he could hear the townsfolk serenading him at night.  A couple of middle-aged women had negative things to say about him but I think that was reflection of his involvement in the war and his subsequent outlaw career.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:04:52 PM EDT
[#6]
You'd think getting your picture taken back then would be a pretty big deal.  Like people would be excited about it and posing to look their best.  Everybody in that picture is just milling about doing their own thing.  The two guys that seem to know there is a picture being taken look like they're goofing off.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I hear tell they fall down sometimes too!

Quoted:

Trees can be cut down
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If that's the same building where the hell is the big tree that's supposed to be right next to it

Trees can be cut down

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Tag for outcome.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:07:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That is stated quite often by people who see his photo and I must say, it's not hard to come to that conclusion based on his looks.  However, all those who actually knew him, including his enemies, stated that he was actually far above his peers (ie, other cowboys) in intelligence, resourcefulness and coolness under pressure.  He was also described by all of these people as one of the most charming and likeable guys you could ever meet and the Senioritas loved him.  Governer Wallace actually wrote that BTK was so beloved by the people that when he was staying in Lincoln while Billy was under house arrest, he could hear the townsfolk serenading him at night.  A couple of middle-aged women had negative things to say about him but I think that was reflection of his involvement in the war and his subsequent outlaw career.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will defer to your superior knowledge of BTK.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I thought the same thing at first. Then I decided it might be the back of the house in the old picture and the front of the house in the background of the modern picture. Notice the placement of the stovepipe coming out of the roof.

That said, I doubt the house would still be standing. JMHO
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
if the people in the modern picture are supposed to be in front of the same house, there are some significant differences.  maybe it is just the angle, but the size and pitch of the roof seems different, the windows look to be different in size and location, and there appears to be a door where there wasn't one in the old picture.  Not that those things couldn't have been changed/altered over the years, but it also could be a different house/building.  Also the hillside to the left of the house in the modern picture looks a lot steeper and higher.

I thought the same thing at first. Then I decided it might be the back of the house in the old picture and the front of the house in the background of the modern picture. Notice the placement of the stovepipe coming out of the roof.

I have been in countless houses built in the 1800s. There is no reason at all why that one couldn't still be standing.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:15:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I assume that Billy is the guy on the right in the close in photo?

Who is that on the right? Or has any named all the other people in the photo?

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Would love to spend an afternoon there with my metal detector.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:19:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Lincoln is almost intact from a historical building standpoint. It's in the mountains between Roswell and Ruidoso, but in a semi arid location. Very little rot.

The terrain in the pictures matches the area.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:24:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If that's the same building where the hell is the big tree that's supposed to be right next to it

You can see it on the right of the picture. It's perspective that makes it look smaller.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:24:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Very cool.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm sure I'm late but.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:31:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm Billy the kid's dad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Figured he'd be having sex from all the bullshitters that say they're related to him.

I'm Billy the kid's dad.

Brian Williams shot Billy the Kid. Ask him, he'll tell ya.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:33:49 PM EDT
[#19]
His shoulders should be a tell IIRC. Cool stuff!
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:36:07 PM EDT
[#20]
2 hours of Cosnter talking about a photograph? Well, it's gotta be better than Water World.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:37:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:42:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

My understanding is that the researchers believe they have ID'd everyone in the photo, although I don't know if that includes the children.  They think the really tall guy, second from the left, is "Big" Jim French, a Regulator for whom no known photo exists.  They researched the size of a croquet mallet from that era and determined that that guy was 6'3" or 6'4" or something like that.  They also estimated the alleged BTK's height at 5' 8", which was his actual height.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:44:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Would love to spend an afternoon there with my metal detector.
View Quote

I can't even image what you would find.  The guy on the far right in the modern photo travelled to the location where the Regulators killed two of the guys who murdered Tunstall.  They broke out the metal detectors and unearthed a shit-load of .44-40 casings.  He says they were able to recreate what happened by the pattern of shell casings, sort of like they did at the Little Big Horn.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:45:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wish my fucking neighbors were 2 miles away
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Burned for fire wood in the 30's probably.  Then again the pic might not even be from the same state.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Position of the eyebrows and nose shape sure do look the same. Ears too.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:18:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think the ears on the 'real' BTK picture stick out a lot more than those on the guy in the 'new' picture.  The shape of the face looks different too, IMO.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:22:49 AM EDT
[#28]
he's got the same pixels
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:26:31 AM EDT
[#29]

That isn't the same building..... or the same landscape.    Unless they put a garbage dump behind the house and then let it grow over with grass.     Look at the size of the hill in the left of the recent picture..... no such hill in the photo.      Why would you randomly do a huge earth moving project in the middle of a field.    We need more info.      Whether or not it is the Kid.... who knows but I wouldn't base it off of those two buildings being the same.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:26:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
if the people in the modern picture are supposed to be in front of the same house, there are some significant differences.  maybe it is just the angle, but the size and pitch of the roof seems different, the windows look to be different in size and location, and there appears to be a door where there wasn't one in the old picture.  Not that those things couldn't have been changed/altered over the years, but it also could be a different house/building.  Also the hillside to the left of the house in the modern picture looks a lot steeper and higher.
View Quote

I was going to ask how that hill grew so tall.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:33:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Pretty neat....Tag...
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:39:37 AM EDT
[#32]
shouldn't he be packing heat if he's really BTK?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:42:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Brushy Bill!
View Quote

My mom, aunt and uncle were kids in Hico in the 30's.  They used to see Brushy Bill all the time. They all doubted he was really Billy, as did my grandparents, but they couldn't say for sure. Just an old man who lived outside of town and kept to himself. They said he was friendly enough.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:18:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Why is it when any old photo is "discovered" it contains one or more now famous people?

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:20:14 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Why is it when any old photo is "discovered" it contains one or more now famous people?

View Quote

The same reason when you search your ancestors someone way back was a king or queen or something

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:46:17 AM EDT
[#36]
2 hours for one picture?  That's like a Nutnfancy video
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:13:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Appendix carry?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:31:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the landscape, consisting of two distinctly shaped and sized hills, on the right side of the photo are a match.  On the left, the hill in the modern photo does look much larger but it could be camera angle.  We'll just have to see a full shot of the terrain there.  If you look at the photo I posted of the Flying H School, you can see that just a slight shift in camera angle could easily produce the slope seen on the left side of the vintage photo.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:58:39 AM EDT
[#39]
He's rocking that cardigan hard.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:18:43 AM EDT
[#40]
As a historian this is fascinating and yeah, I could write 40 pages on that picture. Probably even throw in something about slavery if I ran out of things to say.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:35:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

My understanding is that the researchers believe they have ID'd everyone in the photo, although I don't know if that includes the children.  They think the really tall guy, second from the left, is "Big" Jim French, a Regulator for whom no known photo exists.  They researched the size of a croquet mallet from that era and determined that that guy was 6'3" or 6'4" or something like that.  They also estimated the alleged BTK's height at 5' 8", which was his actual height.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It almost looks like if you drew a straight line from the top of Billy's head to the shoulder of French, he would Billy would come in below French's shoulder.

The man believed to be French, I guess he was taller than 6'3".

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:52:27 AM EDT
[#42]
If that's the same house, where are all the people standing around it?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 8:03:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why wouldn't it?  

The house I live in has been standing since about 1870.   There have been some alterations to it over the years as well.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 8:12:26 AM EDT
[#44]
I read somewhere that the hat worn in the known photo was likely a photographers prop. It was customary to dress "fancy" for photos and people often borrowed such articles of clothing. I wouldn't place too much on the hat.

However, it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that Tunstall played Croquet and taught his hired hands the game as well.

The house and landscape in the modern photo is NOTHING like that in the old photo. I don't see any relevance.

Anyway, just my thoughts. I don't claim to be an expert on BTK or anything related to his story.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 8:13:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 8:20:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, nobody has ever taken a picture that makes them look like a retard if they are not actually retarded.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 8:22:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Trees can be cut down

and roofing replaced, siding changed, windows moved, doors added, stove pipes moved, hills flattened, roads erased....yep other than all that it is absolutely identical
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 8:24:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
2 hours for one picture?  That's like a Nutnfancy video
View Quote

POU brah
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 8:24:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If that's the same house, where are all the people standing around it?
View Quote

Conspiracy!
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 8:35:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Tag ...................
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top