Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/8/2015 6:49:39 PM EDT
Shit just got real!

I don't know a lot about this one, the details are being kept pretty secret so far.  It was found in an antique shop in California and purchased for $2.  The owner believes it shows Billy the Kid and several other Regulators.  There will be a two hour documentary about this photo, narrated by Kevin Costner, on National Geographic channel on October 18.  

Here is the alleged Billy the Kid:

Here is the entire image:

This image has been posted to a Billy the Kid page on Facebook, without explanation.  Note the landscape on the right side of each image.  But, that's not all.....they dug into the modern house and found the house in the old photo...still looking exactly the same as it did back then.   Even bigger than that....they haven't said where this house is located but they are hinting it was on land once owned by.............John Tunstall!!!!!!    If you've seen Young Guns or know much about BTK, you know who Tunstall was.  

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#1]
$2.  I'll give them $4 and double their money.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Billy The Kid played croquet?

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Bullshit
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I have played croquet in the past...want to fight about it?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#5]
That doesn't look like him at all.  What, because he's wearing a similar hat?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I like Costner but it struck me as funny that it will take take him two hours to talk about the picture.

It would be cool if they could verify it was really Billy the Kid.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I like Costner but it struck me as funny that it will take take him two hours to talk about the picture.

It would be cool if they could verify it was really Billy the Kid.
View Quote

The best they could do would be to make a really strong case, based on evidence.  The folks behind it seem pretty convinced and they seem confident that their evidence will convince a lot of people.  But, unless they've somehow managed to uncover the guy's face, it still wouldn't really tell us much about what he really looked like.  

I'm going into it with a completely open mind.  

BTW, the guy on the right in the modern photo is the guy who made national news several years ago when they wanted to dig up Billy the Kid and his mother.  He's a former Federal investigator who uses forensic science to research history and he's formed a company called "Cold West".   Pretty clever.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#8]
`        
Quoted:

View Quote
John Tunstall had to keep em busy somehow.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Which one is Billy the Kid specifically? The striped jacket fellow or the dude with the  big hat and tiny head?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#10]
WOW, you gotta love the detail on those old Dry Plate Negatives.

That's probably why I spend so much time on Shorpy.com
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:04:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Grab some DNA of the image
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#12]
In.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:10:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Cool

- Clint
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Computer, enhance.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

why not? Butch rode a bicycle didn't he............
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:14:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Figured he'd be having sex from all the bullshitters that say they're related to him.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Awesome!
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Very cool
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He was just hacking on you.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#20]
if the people in the modern picture are supposed to be in front of the same house, there are some significant differences.  maybe it is just the angle, but the size and pitch of the roof seems different, the windows look to be different in size and location, and there appears to be a door where there wasn't one in the old picture.  Not that those things couldn't have been changed/altered over the years, but it also could be a different house/building.  Also the hillside to the left of the house in the modern picture looks a lot steeper and higher.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#21]
It's your gang now, Dave!

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

if the people in the modern picture are supposed to be in front of the same house, there are some significant differences.  maybe it is just the angle, but the size and pitch of the roof seems different, the windows look to be different in size and location, and there appears to be a door where there wasn't one in the old picture.  Not that those things couldn't have been changed/altered over the years, but it also could be a different house/building.
View Quote
You can tell by the pixles

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#23]
That's probably just some ordinary retard.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#24]
What ever happened to his son?
His girlfriend was supposedly preggers and had a boy,after he was killed.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#25]

fuck this editing
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That's probably just some ordinary retard.
View Quote

Always thought he looked like Sloth. Like deformed or something.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:04:44 PM EDT
[#27]
God damn, even Billy the Kid has a facebook page?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
if the people in the modern picture are supposed to be in front of the same house, there are some significant differences.  maybe it is just the angle, but the size and pitch of the roof seems different, the windows look to be different in size and location, and there appears to be a door where there wasn't one in the old picture.  Not that those things couldn't have been changed/altered over the years, but it also could be a different house/building.  Also the hillside to the left of the house in the modern picture looks a lot steeper and higher.
View Quote

I thought the same thing at first. Then I decided it might be the back of the house in the old picture and the front of the house in the background of the modern picture. Notice the placement of the stovepipe coming out of the roof.

That said, I doubt the house would still be standing. JMHO
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I thought the same thing at first. Then I decided it might be the back of the house in the old picture and the front of the house in the background of the modern picture. Notice the placement of the stovepipe coming out of the roof.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen a few really old photos of buildings that are still standing in New Mexico and it's not unusual for doors, windows and even entire roofs to be different.  I was told that it's been verified they are the same building and that the outside shown in the old photo is still encased within the new facade.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
WOW, you gotta love the detail on those old Dry Plate Negatives.

That's probably why I spend so much time on Shorpy.com
View Quote

Shorpy RULES!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:28:20 PM EDT
[#31]
If that's the same building where the hell is the big tree that's supposed to be right next to it
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Figured he'd be having sex from all the bullshitters that say they're related to him.
View Quote

I'm Billy the kid's dad.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:33:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Brushy Bill!
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If that's the same building where the hell is the big tree that's supposed to be right next to it
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm Billy the kid's dad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm Billy the kid's dad.

Lol no

I am the father.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trees can be cut down
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, every Easter our friends and family get together, drink and play croquet. Shit gets competitive yo
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#38]

That's odd... they didn't play croquet in the movie.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:38:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree. The house could have been modified. The slope of the hill on the left side in the modern photo is much higher than the original
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yea, every Easter our friends and family get together, drink and play croquet. Shit gets competitive yo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and playing on a regulation sized field is a lot harder than in someone's backyard...  
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#41]
good grief people I live in a small wood house built in the 1970s and it has been modified a small amount in that time. if you look at the pics of the original house and at it now you have to look at it a couple of times to know its the same house.

its only been ~130 years since the pic was taken and yall think it will look exactly the same?

GR
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Pretty neat....Tag...
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:47:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

and playing on a regulation sized field is a lot harder than in someone's backyard...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll see your regulation field and raise you wickets purposely place around divets and stumps. Have you ever tried to come back after your ball gets knocked over a leave
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#44]
The prince of piss.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:56:01 PM EDT
[#46]
I spent time at the once John Tunstall ranch.

There are a lot of buildings on the property covering several miles that I saw.

Cool place and at least a few years ago you could go on guided hunts there.

Cant for the life of me remember the Ranch name though.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Love these BtK threads.  

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Pretty cool thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Very cool.

I love old pictures.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:40:28 PM EDT
[#50]

If so, it's the find of the Century for Old West buffs.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top