Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/8/2015 11:59:44 AM EDT
PUEBLO, Colo. – A female high school student awaits a disciplinary hearing and could face expulsion for wearing a Halloween costume to school that prompted officials to lock down the building Wednesday.

An unnamed female student was spotted in the hallway at Pueblo County High School early yesterday morning wearing a gas mask and trench coat, and a classmate reported her to school officials, The Pueblo Chieftain reports.

The teen was hauled to the office where she was interrogated by the police, who also placed the school on lockdown for about an hour. The Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office SWAT team, which was training near the school, also responded in full camouflage gear and a large armored vehicle to sweep the building for anything dangerous or suspicious. They found nothing, according to the news site.

http://eagnews.org/swat-descends-on-co-school-over-students-halloween-costume/
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#2]
*shakes head*
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#3]
At least the cops got to use their MRAP.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#4]
OPERATORS OPERATING OPERATIONALLY
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess they'd have to call in the Army or Marines if they saw a comic con or any other convention with cosplayers.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:04:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
PUEBLO, Colo. – A female high school student awaits a disciplinary hearing and could face expulsion for wearing a Halloween costume to school that prompted officials to lock down the building Wednesday.

An unnamed female student was spotted in the hallway at Pueblo County High School early yesterday morning wearing a gas mask and trench coat, and a classmate reported her to school officials, The Pueblo Chieftain reports.

The teen was hauled to the office where she was interrogated by the police, who also placed the school on lockdown for about an hour. The Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office SWAT team, which was training near the school, also responded in full camouflage gear and a large armored vehicle to sweep the building for anything dangerous or suspicious. They found nothing, according to the news site.

View Quote

lol, fuckin' Pueblo
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Check box if that was a smart move.

Check box if that was a dumb move.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#8]
NCR Ranger costume?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Sure hope she's not a Muslim.

Shit could go on for weeks...
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#10]
The actions of the authorities were beyond retarded, but wearing a gas mask and trench coat is definitely beyond odd. It's early october, not halloween.

What was she trying to be? An NCR ranger?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:27:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Was she asking everyone if they were her mommy
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:27:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The actions of the authorities were beyond retarded, but wearing a gas mask and trench coat is definitely beyond odd. It's early october, not halloween.

What was she trying to be? An NCR ranger?
View Quote

I'm going to go with Steampunk,

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:27:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office SWAT team, which was training near the school, also responded in full camouflage gear and a large armored vehicle to sweep the building for anything dangerous or suspicious.
View Quote

lol - Top. Men.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah.  Lock the school down just in case it's a bomb that will blow up the whole school.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Ive done this before with some buddies. The principal wasnt happy but no cops were called or dogs shot.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#16]

While I lean towards 'over reaction', I have to wonder if her identity was sufficiently masked by her attire so that the teachers couldn't recognize her and got worried it could have been somebody, (not necessarily a student), in the process of carrying out a chem/bio attack on the school.

I tend to lean towards insuring the safety of kids...even if the measures may be interpreted as 'over the top', just as long as nobody's rights are shit on.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:33:51 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Quoted:

The Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office SWAT team, also responded in full camouflage gear ...

I hope they had the right camouflage for high school.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:36:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Idiots, the lot.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I guess they'd have to call in the Army or Marines if they saw a comic con or any other convention with cosplayers.
View Quote

ComicCon started today. It's been busy with suspicious persons, but not much more than normal.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Christ, when I was in school I dressed up as a soldier and had an uzi squirt gun on a sling that I hauled around all day.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:44:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Christ, when I was in school I dressed up as a soldier and had an uzi squirt gun on a sling that I hauled around all day.

View Quote

America sure has changed
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sure hope she's not a Muslim.

Shit could go on for weeks...
View Quote

Waiting for the invite to meet Obama.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Is the problem people have with the LEO response [to this incident] that they feel it was unwarranted? Or that it was an over reaction? Or just that cops shouldn't be wearing camo fatigues with cargo pockets and driving MRAPS? Because it seems to me it's a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario for the school and law enforcement. On one hand if they treat it like "meh, no big deal just detail Heavy-D over there after he finishes his doughnut run" and it turns out to be the real deal (Islamic extremists attacking the school, crazy emo teen shooting the place up, bomb, etc.) then Arfcom bemoans how derelict the school and LEOs were in their duties to treat it like a "real" event and by not doing so put kids' lives at risk. Conversely, if they do treat it like a real event and respond accordingly Arfcom chastises them for over reacting.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was a terminator, I had flaps of fried chicken skin soaked in blood paint glued to my face over plastic painted silver, and a cyborg eye.  I carried a Beretta SMG water gun painted black to school.  Half the people loved it, half were grossed out, nobody was alarmed.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Gas mask and trenchcoat?

Metalstep.

Popular in Europe, just getting started here.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I was a terminator, I had flaps of fried chicken skin soaked in blood paint glued to my face over plastic painted silver, and a cyborg eye.  I carried a Beretta SMG water gun painted black to school.  Half the people loved it, half were grossed out, nobody was alarmed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

True, but we really didn't have problems with school shootings back then so when kids came to school dressed like that on Halloween costume day it never even remotely entered anyone's mind that one of the kids might have a real gun and start shooting. I came dressed as Han Solo once, even had the plastic blaster toy. Time have change, sadly.  

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Who dresses up for halloween at high school?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:11:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Girl shows up with gas mask,  teachers talk to her and find out it was a prank, why is the school day disrupted by a SWAT team clearing the building, other than that they were training nearby and were bored?  

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/School-On-Lockdown-After-Student-Wears-Gas-Mask-Trench-Coat-To-Campus-331066512.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is the problem people have with the LEO response [to this incident] that they feel it was unwarranted? Or that it was an over reaction? Or just that cops shouldn't be wearing camo fatigues with cargo pockets and driving MRAPS? Because it seems to me it's a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario for the school and law enforcement. On one hand if they treat it like "meh, no big deal just detail Heavy-D over there after he finishes his doughnut run" and it turns out to be the real deal (Islamic extremists attacking the school, crazy emo teen shooting the place up, bomb, etc.) then Arfcom bemoans how derelict the school and LEOs were in their duties to treat it like a "real" event and by not doing so put kids' lives at risk. Conversely, if they do treat it like a real event and respond accordingly Arfcom chastises them for over reacting.
Girl shows up with gas mask,  teachers talk to her and find out it was a prank, why is the school day disrupted by a SWAT team clearing the building, other than that they were training nearby and were bored?  

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/School-On-Lockdown-After-Student-Wears-Gas-Mask-Trench-Coat-To-Campus-331066512.html

So, you are saying that under no circumstances do people ever, ever, lie when confronted about suspect behavior? No more need for trust but verify, eh? Lets take it a step further, Muslim person is found dressed like in the parking lot outside a movie theater or school and says when cops arrive "it's just a prank!" Should there be a search of the area/vehicles to be sure it was just a prank, or should law enforcement just take his word and all go home for the night?

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I want to know who in the flying fuck voluntarily wears a gas mask....
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:27:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because, morons.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:28:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Frightening...

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:30:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Zero Fucking Tolerance, for the win!
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:33:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
............ but we really didn't have problems with school shootings back then so when kids came to school dressed like that on Halloween costume day it never even remotely entered anyone's mind that one of the kids might have a real gun and start shooting.
View Quote

That sounds like a great argument in favor of banning everything.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#38]

HUT HUT HUT HUT!
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#40]
so is she going to the white house?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#41]
To be fair, the whole black trench coat and gas mask wearing deal has to a lot of people dying in Colorado in the past.

I'm good with passing judgement.  Dress like an asshole, get treated like an asshole.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:38:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Isn't Halloween like, three weeks away?  
View Quote

Maybe she's a crossfitter
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
so is she going to the white house?
View Quote

Definitely.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably not as bad in an air conditioned school. But yea what he said.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn! I was hoping she went as "clock boy".

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Someone who never had to remove one in a room full of CS.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:51:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dingdingdingdingdingding ding...WINNNAHHHHH

No matter WHAT they do, or how they do it, the Usual Fuckwits will find something to bitch about
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:55:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sensationalist news reporting.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:58:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Retarded.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Oh ffs.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top