Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/8/2015 9:13:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:14:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Apple paid them off.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:23:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Just from my minuscule samples of family and friends this doesn't surprise me.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Wonder what the standard deviation was.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#4]
In my experience it's BlackBerry. Have had mind 2 years when I normally get a year or less from a phone
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:28:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Poor Motorola they used to be king.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:30:11 AM EDT
[#6]
You know, it just occurred to me that Apple Zombies are very much like Jeep Zombies - no amount of evidence will convince them the object of their fixation is a huge steaming pile of shit!  Maybe the noise of their ballgargling is too distracting?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:30:54 AM EDT
[#7]
iPhone.. until an update or they loose your iTunes account info or any other little thing that then half-bricks your phone.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just from my minuscule samples of family and friends this doesn't surprise me.
View Quote

this is the one benefit from the tight reigns apple has on the iphone.

still my android phones seem to be gtg for a year or so before they become possessed and start butt dialing people, they are cheap straight talk phones so i just buy a new one.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:35:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You know, it just occurred to me that Apple Zombies are very much like Jeep Zombies - no amount of evidence will convince them the object of their fixation is a huge steaming pile of shit!  Maybe the noise of their ballgargling is too distracting?
View Quote
Worse than that. It's not that it's junk, it's just mediocre. Average. Just like everything else. And they HATE that.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:40:52 AM EDT
[#10]
The most egregious use of statistics I've seen in a while.

At most, this could be used to show that among users of FixYa, an iPhone is the most reliable. There is no breakdown by model, only by manufacturer. What are the demographics of FixYa users, locations worldwide?

And yes, iPhones do tend to be more reliable.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Poor Motorola they used to be king.
View Quote

Still is King.
When you're king, you don't need a poll to tell everyone.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Not at all surprising when you take it as a platform.

Apple is the only hardware maker, and they control the OS and everything it does. It SHOULD be the most reliable. It would be very sad if it were not.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:13:59 AM EDT
[#13]
duh
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:17:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm shocked I tell you. I've had iPhones since the old 3 and have never once had an issue with any of them. After a couple years they start to slow down and I get a newer gen and just keep chugging along.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#15]
I have had my iPhone 3 for almost 4 years and its still kicking. I am grudgingly goint upgrade to a 6 in the near future. I need to update some apps and need 4GLTE speed.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:18:55 AM EDT
[#16]
They compared it to the Galaxy S3?  Why not compare it to the Edsel while they're at it?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Apple is the only hardware maker, and they control the OS and everything it does. It SHOULD be the most reliable. It would be very sad if it were not.
View Quote
Don't forget that, since Apple's market share is minuscule compared to Android or Windows OS PCs, people who make viruses, malware etc. don't target Apple products as frequently so Apple products are less likely to suffer performance issues derived from nasty bugs.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Im still using a S3 never had a issue with it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a Droid device that freezes and has to be hard rebooted a minimum of once a day.

I also have 2 iDevices personally, and another 4 in my immediate family - none of which have to be rebooted but maybe once a year and never freeze.

Go figure....
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not quite.

I love my Jeep - but not because I think it's the best of most effective vehicle out there. I love my Jeep because it's fun as hell and makes me smile every time I drive it. I love it because of its limitations; I am not blind to them. Most other Jeep owners I know are the same way.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#21]
I can't seem to get an iphone to last longer than a year and a half, either due to a hardware issue or my own fuck up
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:42:35 AM EDT
[#22]
I won't argue with this. They make the hardware and the software it better be reliable.  It is also a simpler, less complex os therefore it has less customization and capabilities, making it more stable. Phone choices are also take it or leave it they won't let other OEMs use their OS. Gotta weigh your options. For me.. I'll take freedom and customization and deal with a random crash or reboot every now and then.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#23]
I've been happy enough with my Note 3 that I have no interest in the Note 4 or 5.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:47:26 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Reliable? Absolutely.

If you don't mind the limitations of the iOS and Apple ecosystem, why not?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:53:15 AM EDT
[#25]
well duh
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:05:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm shocked I tell you. I've had iPhones since the old 3 and have never once had an issue with any of them. After a couple years they start to slow down and I get a newer gen and just keep chugging along.
View Quote

So, when it starts having problems, you replace it...and that's what makes it reliable?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:19:18 PM EDT
[#27]
The greatest smart phone ever is the short-lived Moto Droid Pro.
Ever.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#28]
None of them ever used a Blackberry.

Out of the hundreds of smart phones I have been through the BB was the most reliable then iPhone then Nokia with a Symbian OS. Multiple carriers and all sorts of test phones.

Yeah IT has it's perks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Out of the hundreds of smart phones I have been through the BB was the most reliable then iPhone then Nokia with a Symbian OS. Multiple carriers and all sorts of test phones.

Yeah IT has it's perks.
View Quote

Note, "it's" should be "its" in that context.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yeah IT has it's perks.
View Quote

Working for a manufacturer and having friends working for competitors has perks too. Pretty common to trade handsets.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:48:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Apple has a huge advantage in that they fully control the hardware and the software.  No 3rd party builders using substandard chips and shitty drivers.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
In my experience it's BlackBerry. Have had mind 2 years when I normally get a year or less from a phone
View Quote

We have Blackberrys issued through work.  They are piss poor.

Had them for the last 10 years and have only ever considered them to be mediocre at best.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup. Poll fail - BlackBerry wasn't included.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:58:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Had them for the last 10 years and have only ever considered them to be mediocre at best.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which BlackBerry model(s) and OS?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#36]
The old BB "infopuck" phones were indestructible.

My Moto Droid fell out of my pocket on a roller coaster into some rocks and survived..
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:24:02 PM EDT
[#37]

Shoulda been the first-gen Motorola Moto X like mine.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:30:20 PM EDT
[#38]
So when you have a product you cant modify it doesn't break?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:31:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Multiple models.  I've had 8 in ten years.  Currently on a Blackberry Leap.  OS on Blackberry was never something I looked into - it was something that was taken care of by the IT teams who managed the phones and data links.

Had a lot of hardware and software issues - not app related, just really crap performance by comparison with other phones and platforms I've had.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Yeah, the iPhone is reliably boring.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#41]
This comes as no surprise, and at the same time it means absolutely nothing if you know anything about smartphones and the market...
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This comes as no surprise, and at the same time it means absolutely nothing if you know anything about smartphones and the market...
View Quote

Go on...
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Go on...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on...

Okay I'll do a quick breakdown, at least as much to get the gist of it.

iPhone is a proprietary phone. It has a dedicated OS with dedicated hardware to go with it.

Android has several tailored "versions" of the current version of the OS. Think Touchwiz for Samsung phones etc...

iPhone is also just that, iPhone. There is no iPhone Razr or iPhone One or iPhone Note.. Etc.

Android has magnitudes more phones that it runs on, not all of which are tailored to the current version of the OS. Thus manufacturers have to "modify" the OS slightly to run better on those phones.
This is largely why "Android" phones, which really isn't the correct term because we don't call iPhones "iOS phones" (for obvious reasons), are less "reliable".

Really it makes sense and it comes as no surprise to me that iPhones, based on this particular type of subjective data collection, comes out to be more "reliable".

Basically this representation of data is super subjective.

Edit: Before the butthurt ensues, just know that iPhones are successful because of how proprietary they are. This has worked well for Apple and I'm not dissing that at all. If Android did this I think you would see quite different results. In fact Google is doing this with their Nexus and new Google "Network". Which is why Nexus is one of the best pieces of hardware running android right now, and I would suffice to say just as reliable as the iPhone
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:51:52 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote

My last IPhone lasted 4 years before I retired it. I had like either 3 or 4 Blackberry's in a year back in the day because they kept breaking.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#45]
I made the switch from Apple to Samsung and I can't wait to switch back.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#46]
That's because there's too many different devices running Google's Android. And google can't stop the carrier's from customizing it.

All the hardware differences result in terrible, inconsistent reliability.  I still have an iphone 4S from work.  It's STILL getting updates from Apple (9.xx currently).

Buy a Samsung phone, get updates for the first 15 months, then nothing until your time is up to suffer with faulty hardware and software.  It's astonishing how bad Samsung and the major brands are.  My Note 2, great at first.  But after so many updates that just kept wrecking it, it was a burden to do anything on it.  Getting the fucking dialpad up(yes, I wiped the phone clean) took approximately 7-8 seconds just to appear.  Iphone 4S as dated as it is, almost instantaneously appears.

And Google's services are going to shit.  Maps is worse than ever, navigation is a cluster to operate.  My next personal phone will be an iphone after 5 terrible google phones.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:00:33 PM EDT
[#47]
im now on my second iphone in 5 years (i had 6 phones in the 10 years before that)

I used to talk shit about Apple.. then I actually used one and promise you that I will never go to any other phone in the foreseeable future..
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BB reliability depends greatly on model. My Storm was a POS.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:07:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Lol looks legit
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:07:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Don't forget that, since Apple's market share is minuscule compared to Android or Windows OS PCs, people who make viruses, malware etc. don't target Apple products as frequently so Apple products are less likely to suffer performance issues derived from nasty bugs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Um, we're talking phones here.  Their market share is hardly "miniscule".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top