Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2015 10:18:23 PM EDT
My wife tried. T-Mobile said it could be done , but at the Verizon store they said it couldn't be done.  I thought it was all done with a sim card switch.  Search for my sammich thread for pics of the sammich maker.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Bumped because I really need to know.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#2]
yes and no. it has the LTE 4G bands to support but not the 2g and 3g bands to fall back on. On balance no.

check this site

your model is a G900T
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought the Verizon phones ran on the CDMA network and didn't require sim cards. Similar to how sprint phones don't require sim cards either.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:06:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Verizon is the debil.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:11:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I thought the Verizon phones ran on the CDMA network and didn't require sim cards. Similar to how sprint phones don't require sim cards either.
View Quote
All LTE phones use SIM cards

LTE is the same whether it's AT&T, Verizon, or whatever (yeah I know there are different bands-some carriers use some bands, other carriers use other bands)

LTE is technically CDMA even if it is T-Mobile or AT&T LTE

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:20:50 PM EDT
[#6]
my mom is using a LG G2 Verizon on tmobile.  seems to work ok.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:12:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
my mom is using a LG G2 Verizon on tmobile.  seems to work ok.
View Quote

Almost all newer Verizon phones are factory unlocked and have all bands to work on most all u.s carriers.

All Verizon iPhone 5 and up are unlocked as well. Should be able to use on any carrier.

Except sprint, they won't allow you to use a phone if it wasn't originally a sprint phone no matter if it's unlocked
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:29:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My wife tried. T-Mobile said it could be done , but at the Verizon store they said it couldn't be done.  I thought it was all done with a sim card switch.  Search for my sammich thread for pics of the sammich maker.
View Quote

No, it won't work.  Not many phones have the combined hardware to work on Verion/Sprint bands compared to ATT/Tmobile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top