Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:41:17 PM EDT
[#1]
The grip logo is more like a KG 99 than a Tec 9.  IIRC the early KG-9 open bolt guns had no checkering on the grip.  The later ones did though.  If it is open bolt, with no grip cracks, get it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:43:43 PM EDT
[#2]
FO

no good reason,just want one
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:47:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Haven't seen one of those in a while.

I used to go fishing with a guy who kept one of those under the seat of his truck.
In California no less.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:47:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Eh, I'd probably pass, especially considering you have to pay sales tax. Pretty junky gun in junky condition.

The only redeeming quality is the nostalgia and the pissy pants libs get when they hear "Tec 9".

Does it come with any mags at least?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:57:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are y'all sure that's a Ruger? I can't make out the emblem on the grip but the gun looks like a Virginia Dragoon to me and look at the bob job somebody did on the hammer.
View Quote

Pretty sure it's not a Dragoon. I took mine out to compare and it has flush screw heads rather than rounded ones like in the pic. Also mine has a level topstrap, without the "hump" at the rear sight.
I do know that there were a couple of versions of Dragoons, though, so it IS possible...
Eta: I just looked at some online pics and some did have the rounded screw heads. I think those were the early German made ones.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:46:42 AM EDT
[#6]
As another poster pointed out, it's an Interdynamics gun not an Intratec.  It's a KG99 model, closed bolt.  Probably from about 1983 by the serial. It has the Interdynamics logo plainly evident.

It's also not a KG9 open bolt upper on a KG99 lower or a KG9 lower with a KG99 closed bolt upper.  Telling points:  The charging knob pathway isn't long enough for a KG9 bolt to cycle, and the cocking knob is in the depressed 'safe' position to lock out the firing pin and bolt travel.  KG9 charging knobs don't depress to lock the bolt and aren't contoured but checkered and round. There's no safety position cutout at the top rear of the charging knob pathway to park the bolt safely to the rear as on an open bolt KG9.  I can just barely see that the barrel appears to be threaded with Sionics-spec threading, as genuine KG9s had no threads yet KG99s did.  The lower receiver's mag release is KG99 style with a teardrop hump at the bottom, unlike the KG9 mag release that is straight and longer.  There is a metal serial plate embedded in the reciever, where KG9s merely had imprinted serial numbers hot-stamped into the plastic frame at the mag well. There's checkering at the grip, where KG9s are smooth.

It's easily worth more than $200.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 4:05:37 AM EDT
[#7]

You could probably make good money if you clean it up and rent it out as a rap video prop.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 5:20:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As another poster pointed out, it's an Interdynamics gun not an Intratec.  It's a KG99 model, closed bolt.  Probably from about 1983 by the serial. It has the Interdynamics logo plainly evident.

It's also not a KG9 open bolt upper on a KG99 lower or a KG9 lower with a KG99 closed bolt upper.  Telling points:  The charging knob pathway isn't long enough for a KG9 bolt to cycle, and the cocking knob is in the depressed 'safe' position to lock out the firing pin and bolt travel.  KG9 charging knobs don't depress to lock the bolt and aren't contoured but checkered and round. There's no safety position cutout at the top rear of the charging knob pathway to park the bolt safely to the rear as on an open bolt KG9.  I can just barely see that the barrel appears to be threaded with Sionics-spec threading, as genuine KG9s had no threads yet KG99s did.  The lower receiver's mag release is KG99 style with a teardrop hump at the bottom, unlike the KG9 mag release that is straight and longer.  There is a metal serial plate embedded in the reciever, where KG9s merely had imprinted serial numbers hot-stamped into the plastic frame at the mag well. There's checkering at the grip, where KG9s are smooth.

View Quote

Were these pretty reliable as far as feeding & parts go?

What is the replacement parts market like?

The other guy mentioned cracked grip, was that an issue if dropped or just the plastic used back in the day?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:21:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
An Interc Scorpion 22 would be more fun.
View Quote

Pure junk, run the other way.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:22:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Did the TEC-9 ever have a stock as part of its design or was it made orginaly in a pistol configuration with the stocks (NFA) as after market?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Maybe fo at $150 ,
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Maybe fo at $150 ,
View Quote

Yeah that's what I'm thinking.  Also forgot to ask what it comes with.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:14:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd get it and mount a second pair of sights on the side.  

Yo.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought one for 350 (NIB) just to have around.

That thing has some fucked up finish on it, but for 200 bucks. . . hell yea I'd do it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#15]
For 200?

Fucking buy it now, IIRC they are wayyyy up there in price right now.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:35:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Bitches better be throwing in one of those fine bracelets with the deal...Shit, I never got no bracelet with any gun I bought...
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:46:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Fo RFN
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Tell him, $175 for the gun and a set if 14k gold/Cubic Zirconia Grillz

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:59:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Lana...lana...LANA!
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
what is that counter on the side of the gun?
View Quote

StatTrak™ Tec-9 | Ghetto (Field Tested)
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:03:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#22]
How much are Tec 9s now days?

My dad bought one right before 1994 ban
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Personally, I'd be looking at the Ruger.
View Quote
Same here.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:10:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Buy it & chrome it!
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have a tec 9 mag and don't even own the gun. I have no idea how I got it.
View Quote

want to send it to me? my tec 9 runs great with factory mags. aftermarket mags are a crap shoot
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Just use ball ammo in it, and you should have no issues...Hollow points will be problematic..
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Sell it to Ice-T...
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#28]
What about that Ruger 3 screw?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks just like this one:

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:06:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I have no idea what that revolver is, other than A) "not a Ruger of any kind," and B) "some off-brand of el-crap-o SAA clone."  The screw heads, cylinder notches, grip frame, etc., all match the el-cheapo EMF SAA clone I have, but not any of my Rugers.  The grip medallions are in the right spot, but...  I have no idea what those actually are, other than "not Ruger."  Plus, Ruger's rear sight never looked like -that-.  It's not a flat-top, and the modern Blackhawks (which are all 2-screw anyway) have a different profile.

That being said, it may or may not still be worth the 200 bucks.  If it's in a cartridge you like, run it through a revolver checkout checklist, test the timing on all 6 chambers, the sear, etc., and if it checks out on all counts, it might actually be worth the 200, although I'd still try to talk them down.  If it says Rohm anywhere on it, though, run.

Wait, you were talking about that ugly plastic pile of crap, and not the revolver?  
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:16:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Fo!
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:23:38 PM EDT
[#32]
I've always wanted one, at that price I would finally have one.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:23:48 PM EDT
[#33]

I like how the artist captured the glory that is 'ol Burton's bulge in his jeans.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:33:29 PM EDT
[#34]
yep
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#35]

What movie is that?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#36]

save up your money and buy top quality guns

that's the smart thing to do

If you're spending money on guns, it's always better to own one luger and one garand than 12 off-brand shit grade guns

keep heaping your money up into quality collector guns and someday you'll have a valuable and interesting collection

"wow, look at your awesome gun collection of no-name AR builds, commie milsurp, and tec9s"    < ---- said nobody ever
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Did the TEC-9 ever have a stock as part of its design or was it made orginaly in a pistol configuration with the stocks (NFA) as after market?
View Quote

The original MP-9 SMG had a stock......wasn't an option on the KG-9/99's, or Intratec series of guns.....nor were any ever offered for sale.....

The VFG's used to be everywhere.....first KG9 I ever bought had it attached......gun was NIB and the box was cut out for it.....apparently none of us in the '80's knew that made it an AOW

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:13:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What movie is that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What movie is that?

Falling Down.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If you're spending money on guns, it's always better to own one luger and one garand than 12 off-brand shit grade guns

keep heaping your money up into quality collector guns and someday you'll have a valuable and interesting collection

"wow, look at your awesome gun collection of no-name AR builds, commie milsurp, and tec9s"    < ---- said nobody ever
View Quote

Maybe OP has a shit ton of quality guns and 200 bucks is a non issue?

I have a NIB intratec DC9 in my collection just because of a certain movie which was referenced prior in this thread

Aside from that, I have plenty of other guys ALL of which are quality.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe OP has a shit ton of quality guns and 200 bucks is a non issue?

I have a NIB intratec DC9 in my collection just because of a certain movie which was referenced prior in this thread

Aside from that, I have plenty of other guys ALL of which are quality.
View Quote

All my stuff is mostly outdated Vietnam Era weaponry

SP1 Style AR, AK underfolder, SKS, S&W M76 (see avatar)
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#41]
IF it comes with a mag, go for it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

+87
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Personally, I'd be looking at the Ruger.

+87

$200 for an old Single Six is a steal.

I bought a 1950s manufacture a few years ago on my C&R and paid almost double that.  Still worth it.  Love that gun.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 3:05:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The other guy mentioned cracked grip, was that an issue if dropped or just the plastic used back in the day?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Open bolt KG9 guns are reliable like any decent tube gun SMG typically is.  Not a lot to go wrong if the geometry of the feeding system is in spec, and the early KG9 guns came with Swedish K mags, slightly modified at the rear locking lug.  The Swedish K is one reliable SMG and the KG9 can be considered a pistol version of that arm.  The MP9/ KG9 is a genuine Swedish SMG after all.  Good SMGs, just not adopted by any nation's armed forces except some dictator's nation in West Africa (Burkina Faso, I think). The Intratec guns like the last AB-10s?  Eehhhh...

The KG99 bolt assembly deviates entirely from the original KG9 design, but they run fine with good mags.  They're capable of very good accuracy too.  As the company changed hands, the quality got worse over the next few years until they folded.  Overall, bad reliability reputation is almost always the fault of magazines in the TEC-9 guns, as there were many cottage outfits cranking out no-name mags that were lousy in the mag body, lips, spring, and follower.  A trained eye can spot an Interdynamics mag right away in a pile of later TEC-9 mags, or any knockoffs.  You can make a problem child TEC-9 run swell by using a modified Swedish K or Carl Gustav M45 mag.  Most loose 'TEC-9' mags found at gun show are garbage that may not even fit the mag well of an early Interdynamics gun.

Replacement parts are gathered by acquiring another KG9/99.  The FCG parts can be found here and there and they're pretty much the same no matter if they're from original KG9s or the last TEC-9s.  Only the sear in the closed bolt guns is a different part than the original KG-9;  the KG9 sear is longer but otherwise identical.  The redesigned KG99 model has some reinforcement improvements in the reciever, most notably at the rear.  The plastic in the KG99 guns is Super Nylon as well, just like an M16A2 butt stock is made of.

Just don't shoot +P ammo in them and they're not going to crack anytime soon, if ever.   Stick with Euro pressure 115gr 9mm Luger in KG9s.   Full auto transferables run at like 1500rpm and are still kinda scary even when you're used to them.  Nothing you'd want to hand a first time NFA shooter.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top