Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/7/2015 11:27:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:28:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Jedi scum.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:29:45 AM EDT
[#2]
BaronvonGamez had a YouTube video of him playing it yesterday.  Looks awesome.

Edit:
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm fucking pumped!

Although it's going to take away from my Fallout 4 time.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm fucking pumped!

View Quote

I wish they weren't released so close together

I told my girlfriend she isn't going to see me for a month
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:31:55 AM EDT
[#5]
No Galactic Conquest, no care.

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm fucking pumped!

I bought the premium pre-order for ps4.

Am I about to lose nights of aleep, or do I wait until November 11?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#7]
gay.

sorry starwars fags but Jedi and Sith should be NPC's only.

also they seem to have went super saiyan guess this is what happens when you let fan boys lose.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:33:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
gay.

sorry starwars fags but Jedi and Sith should be NPC's only.

also they seem to have went super saiyan guess this is what happens when you let fan boys lose.
View Quote

The whole thing looks aimed squarely at the 14 year old CoD demographic.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#9]
No dedicated servers, PASS
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:36:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I had Jedi Academy & Battlefront for PC. Battlefront was my fave as far as overall gameplay went but Jedi Academy's online kicked ass. I would be on this... But...
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#11]
BF4 with Stormtroopers.

I will buy it at launch.

ETA: There will be updates and changes shortly after launch, Dice always does it with the Battlefield games.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Re release Star Wars Galaxies then hit me up
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Had that one also. Very fun until it went to crap when half the combatants were bots.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:48:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I had Jedi Academy & Battlefront for PC. Battlefront was my fave as far as overall gameplay went but Jedi Academy's online kicked ass. I would be on this... But...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They said they are dedicated servers. Just no server browser.

I'm still skeptical since hardline was shit, and it took a ton of updates for people to settle down on 4.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:48:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought they changed and said they were using dedicated servers?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:49:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I just want a new version of TIE fighter.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:49:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Star Wars battlefront will suck, because not everyone can be a jedi or sith.

It would actually be better if they left Force users out completely.

ETA:
lol, beat.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#18]
It's gonna be straight garbage for months and eventually turn out meh.
Fuck EA and fuck dice I learned my lesson on the BF4 launch.
And the BF3 launch I was right about Hardline sucking even though that was not a Dice project.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#19]
ITT: People that never played the SW:BF series.

Half the team will wait in spawn for vehicles, that staged "game play" will NEVER happen.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Released close to Fallout 4.  Fallout 4 wins out.  Sad since this looks badass.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does that even mean? Dedicated servers?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm still skeptical since hardline was shit, and it took a ton of updates for people to settle down on 4.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you would need direct IP then or links off forum or something?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Half the team will wait in spawn for vehicles, that staged "game play" will NEVER happen.
View Quote

Not to mention a skilled player will be able to dominate in a Jedi/Sith unless they are restricted to a timer and getting kills won't extend it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:00:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's dedicated which means some entity has a server just dedicated to that game, maybe multiples in different formats of gameplay (FFA, SDM, TDM, CTF, Rush) & then there is EA supported servers. BFBC2 no longer has EA support but dedicated servers are still out there. I have my faves.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That means where the game company pays to host their own public servers. You go and join, and you're playing against other people joining a remote host as well.

No dedicated servers means that it is up to individual players, or gaming guilds to either host from their own computer or their own server. It's a huge headache and usually means that you can't rely on a solid connection to the server every time you play.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:01:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Watched a stream last night on Twitch.  Some people have early access and were streaming it.  The game looks great!
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

DICE/EA suck. Fuck Star Wars Battlefront 3. No SP campaign. No space battles. No Galactic Conquest. Only four planets. Game had so much potential and they just ruined it. I'm also willing to bet everything will be DLC. You want to play as Vader? Sure. No problem. $19.99. You want to be Luke? Yup. You can for $19.99.

I wanted a Battlefront 3 for so long and was really stoked for this game. Then I found out that everything that made 1 & 2 great is not in 3. Fuck EA and DICE.

Just because it's worth reposting.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:05:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

DICE/EA suck. Fuck Star Wars Battlefront 3. No SP campaign. No space battles. No Galactic Conquest. Only four planets. Game had so much potential and they just ruined it. I'm also willing to bet everything will be DLC. You want to play as Vader? Sure. No problem. $19.99. You want to be Luke? Yup. You can for $19.99.

I wanted a Battlefront 3 for so long and was really stoked for this game. Then I found out that everything that made 1 & 2 great is not in 3. Fuck EA and DICE.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There will be a "premium" pack with 20 more maps  and all the dlc released periodically for $50

Count on it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:08:21 PM EDT
[#30]

This, what the fuck has happened to the gaming industry?
Paid dlc for just maps is utter bullshit. It's not like Elder Scrolls or Fallout where tons is added to the base game.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#31]

At least they got one thing right.  

I have zero interest in playing in the Prequel Era.

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yup. I don't mind that part at all. Better to concentrate on the original series and have more detail.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:24:25 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm so fucking mad. With modern console technology they should have been able to triple the number of AI/bots to make for some really epic battles. They basically did the opposite in every category especially scale. Then they're going to charge another $20 every time they finish building a new planet and couple maps.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:04:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm so fucking mad. With modern console technology they should have been able to triple the number of AI/bots to make for some really epic battles. They basically did the opposite in every category especially scale. Then they're going to charge another $20 every time they finish building a new planet and couple maps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buy premium for like, what, $20 bucks more, and you'll get all the DLC as it comes out.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Watched a stream last night on Twitch.  Some people have early access and were streaming it.  The game looks great!
View Quote

Beta goes open access tonight at midnight.  You can preload it right now from Origin.

I'll at least try the beta out before I pass judgement on it one way or the other, especially since it is free.

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Buy premium for like, what, $20 bucks more, and you'll get all the DLC as it comes out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

dlc should be free, or reduce the cost of the game from $60. not releasing developer kits so people can mod the game is the whole reason why DLC has become profitable. Basically EA and their ilk have fucked over the gaming industry for more profits. The golden age of gaming was battlefield 1942 and prior when you could buy a game and have 100 mods developed that were better than the vanilla game.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
BaronvonGamez had a YouTube video of him playing it yesterday.  Looks awesome.

Edit:
https://youtu.be/PQ_L2ggV8nk
View Quote

One of my favorite YouTube channels. Baron and Phly put out some pretty entertaining videos.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:27:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Looking forward to the release for XBox One.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:32:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

SWGemu is still going strong. The game as it was at launch, before SOE raped it.

I'm not buying battlefront because fuck EA. No 64 man servers, jedi running around, no money from me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:41:44 PM EDT
[#40]

Is this for the PC Master Race, or just Console Peasants?

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Is this available for Playstation2? I have the original PS2 version and it used to be my favorite game. I haven't played games in years, but I'd be interested in an updated version of this game.

We have an Xbox as well if they are making it for them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

SWGemu is still going strong. The game as it was at launch, before SOE raped it.

I'm not buying battlefront because fuck EA. No 64 man servers, jedi running around, no money from me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree on this point, I definitely could do without the hero characters running about. No 64 man is also disappointing.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:04:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Why didn't they spring for 64 person limits instead of 40 person?

Too cheap to spend money on better servers?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

because EA
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm going to blame consoles. That always seems to be a safe bet.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:10:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#48]
I was playing the beta last night, it's actually somewhat fun. Haven't done anything really cool yet though, and I could see it getting old quickly.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

dlc should be free, or reduce the cost of the game from $60. not releasing developer kits so people can mod the game is the whole reason why DLC has become profitable. Basically EA and their ilk have fucked over the gaming industry for more profits. The golden age of gaming was battlefield 1942 and prior when you could buy a game and have 100 mods developed that were better than the vanilla game.
View Quote

I feel like someone should point out that CounterStrike was a mod.  For free.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Looks like they took a giant step backwards.
View All Quotes

lol yeah.

hell COD and Battlefield have done the same thing. Battlefield 2 was the last great FPS

it really only seems like arma is the only one doing huge open world hundred player servers.

now its all 10v10 on tiny maps full of choke points.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top