BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:50:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Naa, you don't want to build the funnest gun you'll ever shoot.  

This one started out as a Charger (non-takedown).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/parshooter/Norrell-Full-Auto-Choate-Folder-SBR-WhistlePig-Surefire-Aimpoint-Larue_zpsblyfyi00.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great now this thread has me looking at SBRing a takedown Charger.

Naa, you don't want to build the funnest gun you'll ever shoot.  

This one started out as a Charger (non-takedown).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/parshooter/Norrell-Full-Auto-Choate-Folder-SBR-WhistlePig-Surefire-Aimpoint-Larue_zpsblyfyi00.jpg

Dat trigger pack though

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
how do you have a suppressor in CA?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

how do you have a suppressor in CA?
I don't

My primary residence is in WA.  But I'm in CA a lot, have family and a business in CA, etc.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Oh, man, I can't imagine how much fun it must be to blow a guy's balls off. Or to shoot a kid in the knee. Good times.
View Quote

The guys doing this on 9/11?

Probably not as much fun as shooting them in the head with 5.56, but I'd take what I can get.  Especially shooting the balls off of the guy with the AK.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 5:08:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Heh.

<a href="http://s1214.photobucket.com/user/jimdgreat1/media/20150424_140621_zpsjmio5zvq.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc492/jimdgreat1/20150424_140621_zpsjmio5zvq.jpg</a>

ETA: Nothing like spending $400 on stamps on a $200 carbine.
View Quote

What suppressor?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I feel like i could build a clone of that and get away with it being a single stamp gun with a permanently attached suppressor, Use something like a 4.5" barrel with a 11.5" suppressor Form 1 tube on it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I feel like i could build a clone of that and get away with it being a single stamp gun with a permanently attached suppressor, Use something like a 4.5" barrel with a 11.5" suppressor Form 1 tube on it.
View Quote

I'll be doing that. This build just got bumped up to the short list

ETA: now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure one of my dad's customers from years ago might have been one of these guys. He served in the IDF for years and I remember when he saw me with mine way back and made the comment "I carried one of those back in my IDF days but it had a (something in Hebrew)" (I'm paraphrasing and for my shit memory, he coulda said that he knew someone that used it)
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:06:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So did the AAC integral live up to the claim made in the magazine?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why such a big suppressor? Integrals here in the states are like inch diameter.

I have an AAC 10/22 integral suppressor that is about half that diameter. It looks just like any other aftermarket barrel for a 10/22.
I bought it at least 10 years (probably longer ago than that) ago after reading an article about it in The Small Arms Review magazine. In the article they claimed that firing a round actually makes less noise than dry firing the rifle. The firing pin is cushioned by the brass case and cuts the noise down over dry firing it.

Problem is that it is an old school suppressor that can't be taken apart to clean it.

FWIW: I also have the companion MK.II pistol with integral suppressor from AAC and I consider it one of the coolest things I own although I seldom shoot it.

EDIT: I would buy that Gemtech Mist if I knew a dealer to get it through. I bought all my stuff long before I moved here.

So did the AAC integral live up to the claim made in the magazine?

Not the one my friend had in the shop . He had an AAC integrally suppressed .22 bolt rifle . It was quiet enough but shot 3 feet left at 25 yards .  After being sent back to AAC and returned 7 months later it still shot 3 feet left . The shop owner refunded the customer and it took 13 months to get a refund from AAC. I got threatened by Kevin for posting the full story on another gunboard . He met me at a local shoot and brought his whole group to try to intimidate me . He did admit the story was true .
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:48:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

ETA: now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure one of my dad's customers from years ago might have been one of these guys. He served in the IDF for years and I remember when he saw me with mine way back and made the comment "I carried one of those back in my IDF days but it had a (something in Hebrew)" (I'm paraphrasing and for my shit memory, he coulda said that he knew someone that used it)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Y'all be sure to see FrankSPPD's comments in this thread, in case you missed it. The IDF guns are copies of what we used way back in the day.

From having played with one that was at Aberdeen Proving Ground back in
the 1970's, and firing one at Lee Jurras's weapons demos for the newly
formed DEA.......The barrel is short, about 12.5 inches and
ported............

I'm thinking one could start with a sporter barrel, chop it to about 12", port it, thread at the muzzle, and also turn the barrel down from where it starts to thicken to back to almost the rear sight, and thread here too.  A vented spacer (think threaded washer) would attach to the muzzle to support the main tube and a baffle stack. The OD of the spacer would be the ID of the main tube. Or maybe the spacer would be shaped more like a socket, to provide a blast chamber as well.

Tack weld the main tube to the barrel and save the $200 SBR tax. A screw-on cap for the main tube would allow the baffle stack or mono-core to be removed for cleaning.  

Just a thought but I'd sure want to keep the barrel longer, at least 12".

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#9]
great thread
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:54:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Y'all be sure to see FrankSPPD's comments in this thread, in case you missed it. The IDF guns are copies of what we used way back in the day.

From having played with one that was at Aberdeen Proving Ground back in the 1970's, and firing one at Lee Jurras's weapons demos for the newly formed DEA.......The barrel is short, about 12.5 inches and ported............

I'm thinking one could start with a sporter barrel, chop it to about 12", port it, thread at the muzzle, and also turn the barrel down from where it starts to thicken to back to almost the rear sight, and thread here too.  A vented spacer (think threaded washer) would attach to the muzzle to support the main tube and a baffle stack. The OD of the spacer would be the ID of the main tube. Or maybe the spacer would be shaped more like a socket, to provide a blast chamber as well.

Tack weld the main tube to the barrel and save the $200 SBR tax. A screw-on cap for the main tube would allow the baffle stack or mono-core to be removed for cleaning.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From having played with one that was at Aberdeen Proving Ground back in the 1970's, and firing one at Lee Jurras's weapons demos for the newly formed DEA.......The barrel is short, about 12.5 inches and ported............

Interesting.....I'll keep all that in mind.

How different would the velocities be of a say 6" vs a ported 12"?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:53:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Interesting.....I'll keep all that in mind.
How different would the velocities be of a say 6" vs a ported 12"?
View Quote

I couldn't say for sure, having never measured them.  But I do know that my 77/22 with LRM Vidar integral will keep most rounds subsonic.  It uses a ported barrel similar to the Gemtech Mist but with a simpler baffle system.  Mouse-fart quiet with bulk pac ammo, and noticeably quieter than any of my 5 or so .22lr screw-on cans.  My thought on the 12" barrel is that it would yield at least marginally better accuracy.  Since most integrals feature longer barrels (12"-ish), why go to a really short one, unless you absolutely had to?
Wish I could find some plans for the Sionics design.  From the post by FrankSPPD again:  Suppressor is pretty empty except for the front barrel support, which is
ported around its circumference
and there are two sections of counter
circulating baffles, like on the DeLisle carbine, but basically smaller
versions of the baffle stack for the MAC 10 suppressor.  If I remember
right, the muzzle cap removes and it was stacked with wire screen
washers to break up the gas even more.

It sounds like he's describing something like this, as seen here:

The DeLisle design:

Two-stage MAC suppressor, from here:

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:25:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Hmm, non-ported slip/press-fit front and back?

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:27:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Not to switch it up but everyone hates on the 22 but the Sky Marshall's used it for awhile

http://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/israeli-mossad-22-lrs/#mossad-22-lsr-beretta-70

Small-Bore Efficiency
One of the most famous incidents involving the use of a .22 caliber Beretta 70 “Jaguar” pistol occurred in February of 1969. After the 1968 hijacking of an El Al airliner by Palestinian terrorists, the Israeli government decided to dramatically increase aviation security by placing sky marshals on board. Eventually, the decision was made to place armed veteran Israeli soldiers aboard El Al aircraft. This Israeli sky marshal program was top secret and never publicized.

beretta2.jpgDuring the incident that took place in February of 1969, Israeli Sky Marshal Mordechai Rachamim engaged several heavily armed Arab terrorists as they attacked an EL Al airliner on a snow covered runway in Zurich. Despite the odds against him, the young Israeli sky marshal expertly used his issued Beretta Model 70 pistol to kill one of the Palestinian terrorists, moments before the Zurich Police arrived and took the remaining terrorists into custody. The three surviving male Palestinian terrorists received 12-year jail sentences for attacking a commercial airliner with machine guns and explosives that resulted in the killing and wounding of several passengers and crew. Sky Marshal Mordechai Rachamim became an instant hero at home in Israel.

RELATED: Top 12 Pocket Pistols for 2014

Rachamim told the author that during this engagement at least two of the rounds fired from his Model 70 hit the mark and were responsible for one of the male terrorists being KIA—pretty good shooting, considering that Rachamim single-handedly charged the enemy position while he emptied his .22 caliber pistol at the heavily armed terrorists. Even though Israeli Sky Marshal Rachamim was only armed with a .22, far too much was at stake for him to miss his target. Failure was not on option.

In May of 1972, Rachamim participated in another daring and equally dangerous tactical operation involving aviation security when he and other members of Israel’s elite Sayert Matkal commando unit rescued passengers and crewmembers onboard a hijacked Sabena Airline flight at Lod Airport (now, Ben-Gurion) in Tel Aviv. At the time, this unit was under the command of Ehud Barak, a future Prime Minister of Israel.

Effective, Compact Tools
During this operation, Rachamim and other Israeli commandos assigned to Sayeret Matkal disguised themselves as airline mechanics before storming the hijacked Belgian airliner. As the signal to move was given, Rachamim once again used his issued Model 70 to kill one of the Palestinian terrorists. A second male Palestinian terrorist was also gunned down.

Once again the Israeli sky marshals and Sayert Matkal commandos proved that you do not necessarily need to be heavily armed with sub-machine guns and major-caliber pistols to stop terrorists and criminals. Just like David killed Goliath with a slingshot and a small rock, the Israelis in more modern times used .22s to eliminate a different type of monster from the field of battle.

beretta.jpgRanhamim recently advised Tactical Weapons that during the commando raid on the Sabena Airline jet in 1972, he carried two spare magazines for his issued Beretta. After drawing his pistol and racking the slide, Rachamim recalls charging at one of the male terrorists while he “stabbed” his pistol out in front of him toward his target as he “released rounds.” As he fired his pistol, Rachamim remembered being close enough to see some of his bullets hit the mark. The sight of blood draining from the dead hijacker’s mouth confirmed that the terrorist that he engaged inside the crowded cabin would no longer pose a threat.

Back in the late 1960s and 1970s even the Israelis were still learning how to improve security. Israeli’s selected the Beretta 70/71 because this .22 caliber pistol is a compact, accurate and flawlessly reliable performer that could easily be used to quickly and accurately deliver multiple rounds into vital parts of a human body. The Beretta Model 70/71 in .22 Long Rifle has virtually no recoil and can be easily controlled in rapid fire. There was also little chance that a .22 caliber bullet would cause significant collateral damage inside the crowded cabin of an airliner. No group of armed professionals ever used a .22 caliber pistol as effectively as Israeli Mossad operators and Israeli sky marshals.

Multi-Mission Capable
Although the Beretta 70 & Model 71 are no longer being manufactured, you can still find these outstanding pistols on the used gun market. Like the Beretta family, I share a proud Italian heritage but that doesn’t influence my thoughts on these fine .22 pistols (had I been king, I would have chosen the 9mm SIG 226 or the 9mm SIG 228 over the 9mm Beretta M9 as the standard-issue U.S. military handgun). But for the record, the Beretta Model 70 and 71 are two of the best .22 caliber pistols ever produced.

The .22 caliber Beretta Model 70 & 71 were not designed to serve as a traditional personal defense handgun in a military or police application. However, just like other handguns that have been pressed into government service, the Beretta 70 and 71 proved their effectiveness as an up-close-and-very-personal specialized weapon for certain Israeli government operatives.

After many years firing these pistols, it is easy to see why the Beretta 70 and 71 in .22 LR were identified as a favorite of Israeli Mossad officers and sky marshals of yesteryear. Due to their lightweight design, they are incredibly easy to operate using the Israeli technique of drawing the handgun, then quickly racking the slide to load the weapon, before punching the pistol toward their target and opening fire—a fast way to empty an eight-round magazine of light-recoiling .22 Long Rifle ammunition. To use the Israeli method all you have to do is carry a pistol with a fully loaded magazine and the chamber empty.

I suspect that Israeli Mossad operators and sky marshals liked using the Beretta 70 and 71 because these pistols do not feel like a dainty little handgun that a lady would use to make a mugger take his business elsewhere. When you grip a Beretta 70/71 you feel confident that you are holding a pistol that is capable of winning a gunfight, even though it is chambered in a caliber that is not known for significant stopping power. Israeli operators have proven that, when used properly, a .22 can be very effective in stopping a terrorist or an enemy of the state dead in their tracks.

The Reliability Factor
My pair of Beretta 71s were reliable at all times. In fact, one of my Beretta 71s was flawlessly reliable even though it was fired several times without being cleaned. Both of my Beretta 71s have digested CCI Mini Mags, Remington 40-grain soft leads, Federal 36-grain hollow points and Remington Golden Bullets in 36-grain HP without a problem.

Even though my Beretta 70 does not like CCI Mini Mags, this pistol works flawlessly when used with standard velocity Federal, Remington and Winchester .22 LR ammunition. The Beretta 71 and 70 are designed to be carried with the hammer on safe, fully cocked and ready to fire. All the operator has to do to fire a cocked and locked pistol like a 1911 or a Beretta 71/70 is lower the thumb safety and pull the trigger. This means the Beretta 71 and 70 can be carried cocked and locked with a live round in the chamber just like a 1911. You can also use the Israeli method to load and fire the Beretta 70 & 71.

Over the years the Beretta 70 and 71 have proved to be an excellent platform to train young shooters how to safely operate and use a single-action semi-automatic pistol. Both of my sons trained with a Beretta 71 when they were young: The Beretta 71 and 70 are tremendous confidence builders because they are amazingly accurate, flawlessly reliable and exhibit virtually no recoil. The Beretta 70 and 71 are also excellent pistols for people who suffer from arthritis and find it difficult to operate the slides, or tolerate the recoil of handguns that are chambered in more potent calibers. These pistols are very easy to hold onto, especially during rapid-fire drills. Even with rudimentary fixed sights you will impress yourself with the level of proficiency you can display with a .22 caliber Beretta Model 70 or 71 in a CQB (Close Quarter Battle) drill.

Whether practicing rapid-fire drills at point-blank range, or trying your hand at long-range plinking, the Beretta 70 and 71 are more than capable pistols to train with and use in an emergency. Like other Berettas, the Model 70 and 71 are easy to dissemble and maintain. Anyone who is interested in a reliable and compact .22 LR caliber pistol should try to find a Beretta 70 or 71 on the used gun market. I promise you that you will not regret adding this to your arms chest.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:37:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I remember someone telling me that israel used suppressed 10/22s to disperse riots by shooting instigators in the coinpurse.  I never believed it but I think I might after reading that article.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:07:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You gotta know that hurt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Leg shot

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Good thread
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#17]
From this thread this morning.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:03:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:08:36 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Yep caught that in the video. 10/22 still in action.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:27:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Want.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:21:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Facebook link for those at work
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Yep, I have one too.  Pulled the fake can off intact after drilling out the allen set screw.

Need to get a thread adapter to convert the 1/2x20 TPI threads to my 1/2x28 TPI Suppressor!

Little bastard is loud without a can!
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#23]
I was lucky enough to have an AAC Pilot with 1/2X 20 threads already for my CZ452.
I may go with an adapter eventually since the threading on my pistol is so short.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#24]
I had a NFA full auto Norell 10/22 with an integrally suppressed bull barrel. Sold it soon after buying it because it was a jam-o-matic.

Could not get through an entire magazine without stove pipes, FTF, etc.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Soldiers don't wear helmets there? I have a term for people who shoot kids: subhuman trash. Fuck 'em.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, man, I can't imagine how much fun it must be to blow a guy's balls off. Or to shoot a kid in the knee. Good times.

Almost as much fun as spending several years in a wheelchair drooling 'cause you took a rock to the head.....Fuck the subhuman trash.

Soldiers don't wear helmets there? I have a term for people who shoot kids: subhuman trash. Fuck 'em.

I chunk of rock will kill or maim just as well when thrown by a kid.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 4:44:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 10/16/2015 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#27]
More IDF Ruger goodness...

See? Now I just have to get my hands on an integrally suppressed 10/22.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 1:04:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Seems a great example of "if it ain't broke..." Now I need one too.

I wish our government could learn that, we'd probably save enough money to buy an entire fleet of warships.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:54:09 AM EDT
[#29]

that almost looks like a newer model Ruger
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 1:45:59 AM EDT
[#30]
It is good to see Social Justice administered correctly.

Link Posted: 11/19/2015 1:51:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Ouch.  Right in the peener.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ouch.  Right in the peener.

Looked more like kneecap to me.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 1:56:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah isn't that the AR-22?
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 1:59:37 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Yeah isn't that the AR-22 SR-22?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah isn't that the AR-22 SR-22?

Yep

Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:02:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Can 10/22 takedowns be converted to use one of these setups?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top