Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 19
Posted: 10/6/2015 1:05:19 AM EDT
Apparently, living in Russia fucking SUCKS!

Snowden told the BBC
that he'd "volunteered to go to prison with the government many times,"
but had not received a formal plea-deal offer.

He
said that "so far they've said they won't torture me, which is a start,
I think. But we haven't gotten much further than that."

View Quote

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_BRITAIN_EDWARD_SNOWDEN?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-10-05-13-50-39
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 1:06:59 AM EDT
[#1]
We need more Snowdens and less government stooges.

There I said it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 1:08:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There I said it.
View Quote

I agree, but we need less government, not just fewer stooges.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 1:14:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Snitches get stitches!  LOL
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 1:17:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

There I said it.
View Quote

Agreed, but he also leaked stuff about us spying on foreigners and foreign countries, which is a shitty thing to do, and he probably should be executed for it. Shake his hand, give him a medal, then execute him, I suppose.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 1:18:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Obama should be welcoming him home with open arms for making the transparency he showed in our governments actions.

Instead, Obama has open arms for terrorist sympathizers and their families.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 1:31:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Agreed, but he also leaked stuff about us spying on foreigners and foreign countries, which is a shitty thing to do, and he probably should be executed for it. Shake his hand, give him a medal, then execute him, I suppose.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There I said it.

We (the public) have absolutely no fuckin' idea what else he passed on to the Russians or anyone else -  or what he will eventually leak.

At this point, if you've already passed judgement on him, you are a fool.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 1:59:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We (the public) have absolutely no fuckin' idea what else he passed on to the Russians or anyone else -  or what he will eventually leak.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There I said it.

We will never know the truth.  The only truth I know is fuck the fed gov.   Bunch of commie fucktards.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 2:35:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There I said it.

Works for me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 3:30:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Eldridge Cleaver figured out something similar years ago.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 3:35:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There I said it.

Our government shouldn't have been spying on us and this whole thing wouldn't have ever been a problem.  

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 3:45:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I still feel he made the right call. He's a brave dude despite his appearance, that would take some serious fucking sack to come out with.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 3:46:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There I said it.

Sounds like a plan.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 4:33:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Boo hoo, George Washington was not a true patriot, he accepted aid from the French
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 4:37:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

There I said it.
View Quote

I hate to tell you this, but Snowden is a government stooge. He's just not working for our government.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 4:41:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Russia's not a human rights paradise, eh?

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 4:41:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There I said it.

We know that he released information to the media about our intelligence operations in foreign countries, information that had nothing to do with domestic spying. Unless you're proposing that he somehow kept that publicly released information out of the hands of the Russians, it's possible to say with 100 percent certainty that he passed info on our legitimate spy operations to them, and therefore possible to judge him without being foolish.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 4:47:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Impossible!

I have been told multiple times on here that Russia is now a better nation than the US.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 5:01:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Impossible!

I have been told multiple times on here that Russia is now a better nation than the US.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Impossible!

Well, since that's where Mr human rights and governmental spying exposer went, you'd think maybe he thought they were better than us.  I wonder if he's learned first hand exactly how NOT FUCKING TRUE that is...  

It might be interesting in about a decade or so to find out exactly what happened to him in Russia.  I doubt he's having all that great of a time there.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We will never know the truth.  The only truth I know is fuck the fed gov.   Bunch of commie fucktards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There I said it.

A hatred of the fed gov. drove Timothy McVeigh to murder 168 Americans. Does that make him a hero, too?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:03:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well, since that's where Mr human rights and governmental spying exposer went, you'd think maybe he thought they were better than us.  I wonder if he's learned first hand exactly how NOT FUCKING TRUE that is...  

It might be interesting in about a decade or so to find out exactly what happened to him in Russia.  I doubt he's having all that great of a time there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Impossible!

He may have found it is hard to be a special snowflake in a country where it pretty much never stops snowing.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Concur with Patchouli.  Restore the republic!
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:07:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:10:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:10:55 AM EDT
[#24]
lol
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I still feel he made the right call. He's a brave dude despite his appearance, that would take some serious fucking sack to come out with.
View Quote

I have to disagree.  He obtained his information by manipulating other people out of their user names and passwords, then accessing everything they had authorization and need to know for.  Then he downloaded everything he could and stole it.  He illegally  compromised over 30 accounts to obtain the massive amount of information he stole.

His actions are those of a foreign collector or someone who wants to steal the data for personal gain.

I would feel differently if he was read on to a program, had ethical issues with the program, reported it through the approved FWAC channels and when nothing was done, went public with some information regarding a specific illegal activity of the .gov.  That's not what he did.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:14:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's shocking.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:15:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

There I said it.
View Quote

Government keeps too many secrets.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I have to disagree.  He obtained his information by manipulating other people out of their user names and passwords, then accessing everything they had authorization and need to know for.  Then he downloaded everything he could and stole it.  He illegally  compromised over 30 accounts to obtain the massive amount of information he stole.

His actions are those of a foreign collector or someone who wants to steal the data for personal gain.

I would feel differently if he was read on to a program, had ethical issues with the program, reported it through the approved FWAC channels and when nothing was done, went public with some information regarding a specific illegal activity of the .gov.  That's not what he did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nailed it.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

That tends to happen when the government keeps everything secret. Which is kind of the whole problem here.

What we DO know is that our own government secretly engaged in systematic, suspicionless, mass surveillance of US. We KNOW they are fucking dirtbags of the highest order. Snowden is at worst an unknown.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:19:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of which is utterly dwarfed by the massive and almost unfathomably repugnant actions of the government, that he exposed.

That would have gone NOWHERE, and you know it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:19:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're not wrong.

Prepare to be dogpiled, called a .gov troll, and accused of being a freedom hater.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You're not wrong.

Prepare to be dogpiled, called a .gov troll, and accused of being a freedom hater.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're not wrong.

That is how it works around here.  I just use these threads to populate my ignore list mostly.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#33]
"Secrecy is always the lynchpin of abuses of power"  -  Glenn Greenwald
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:23:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That is how it works around here.  I just use these threads to populate my ignore list mostly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're not wrong.

If the boot fits....
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:23:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The thing is did he really change anything?
View Quote

Well I guess he confirmed some suspicions.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:23:46 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

He didn't change shit. The only thing he accomplished was giving the Russkies a shitload of information on US intelligence.

Fuck him. Enjoy your borscht mother fucker. If he hadn't gone to the Russians then I would say give him 5 years in Club Fed and then forget the whole thing. But if you sell out to the Russians then you can rot in Siberia for all I care.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well we don't REALLY know, but Congress did revoke the authority for at least one of the NSA mass collection programs. Whether they have stopped or will stop is something we don't know, because 'turrism and 'Merica and stuff.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:26:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He didn't change shit. The only thing he accomplished was giving the Russkies a shitload of information on US intelligence.

View Quote

People who don't like Snowden keep saying this, and yet I have not seen a single credible source for this claim.

Unless you're just talking about the general stuff that he gave to EVERYONE by handing it over to the media. But that's not the same thing as "giving it to the Russkies."
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:26:54 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
If the boot fits....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have to disagree. He obtained his information by manipulating other people out of their user names and passwords, then accessing everything they had authorization and need to know for. Then he downloaded everything he could and stole it. He illegally compromised over 30 accounts to obtain the massive amount of information he stole.

I would feel differently if he was read on to a program, had ethical issues with the program, reported it through the approved FWAC channels and when nothing was done, went public with some information regarding a specific illegal activity of the .gov. That's not what he did.

You're not wrong.

That is how it works around here. I just use these threads to populate my ignore list mostly.

If the boot fits....
I find your post ironic.  I clearly pointed out how his actions weren't that of a trustworthy honest person.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If the boot fits....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're not wrong.

If the boot fits....

Oh look, another one.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote
Maybe he should try China next

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He went there first, remember?

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:28:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Snitches get stitches!  LOL
View Quote

Yeap. Whistleblowers always suffer. Holder's DOJ is famous for it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

From what I actually know, I agree with the quote above. Hopefully he can come back after 2016 and get a fair trial.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

From what I actually know, I agree with the quote above. Hopefully he can come back after 2016 and get a fair trial.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He'll get a fair trial all right.  If Russia were to ever let him go, which I find highly unlikely, unless they've already wrung every bit of information they can out of him.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:30:03 AM EDT
[#46]
BTW, for you military guys who agree with him and think what he did was right, why don't you just do the right thing and go in tomorrow and tell your security manager you need to have your clearance revoked.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

People who don't like Snowden keep saying this, and yet I have not seen a single credible source for this claim.

Unless you're just talking about the general stuff that he gave to EVERYONE by handing it over to the media. But that's not the same thing as "giving it to the Russkies."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why did he turn over his four hard drives to the Russians?

Only to gain asylum?

Or to give them classified information also?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Oh look, another one.
View Quote

Sooo edgy!  
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:32:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Only to gain asylum?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only to gain asylum?

We have no idea what he did or did not turn over.  However, there's only one way they grant him asylum, and that's if he talks.  So he can claim he didn't tell them anything all day long, nobody fucking believes him.  Traitors don't have any credibility anywhere with anyone except the willfully ignorant.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Only to gain asylum?

View Quote

Source?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top