Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/5/2015 10:17:41 AM EDT
I heard about this connection last night, and put this up on Facebook this morning. I know many here are already aware of it, but I'd like to see as many people as possible hear about it. I've heard not a single peep about it on CNN or Fox. Foreign press seems to be reporting it, though.

-----

File this under "things that make you go 'hmmmm'".

On August 21st, Alek Skarlatos jumped from his seat on a train bound for Paris and successfully confronted, disarmed, and disabled Ayoub El-Khazzani, who was threatening to open fire on a traincar full of innocent civilians and had already shot one person in the neck who had attempted to stop him from doing so.

On October 1st, 41 days later, a man opened fire at Umpqua Community College in Roseberg, Oregon. As he killed 10 people and wounded 9 others, he asked his victims their religion. If they responded "Christian", he executed them; if they did not respond or denied being a Christian, they were maimed.

Alek Skarlatos is enrolled at Umpqua Community College. He was in rehearsals for his role on Dancing With the Stars in Los Angeles at the time of the shooting.

There are 4,726 colleges in the US, as of 2011. Doesn't it strike you as odd that the one that is attended by a man who stopped a terrorist attack in France in August is the one getting attacked in October?

Doesn't it strike you as odd that the gunman asked people their religion before slaughtering Christians?

Doesn't it strike you as odd that the gunman's MySpace page had only two public connections, one of which was a radical Jihadist?

Doesn't it strike you as odd that despite all of this, the media has characterized the gunman as having "white supremacy leanings"?

Finally, doesn't it strike you as odd that our President has spoken not once but twice urging for restrictions on firearms and disparaging the NRA - but has not once mentioned any of the above?

Maybe he's not heard that Alek Skarlatos was the likely target of this attack. He will, no doubt, hear about it on CNN when (if) they report on it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:21:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm gonna need some citations for some of those assertions.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Okie-dokie.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmmm

All I know is FBHO
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Well yeah. Anyone disputing this?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#5]
democrats killing others and democrats blaming Republicans
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:27:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This isn't about terrorism. It's about the left figuring out how to remove firearms from the citizens of the United States.  
You can site all the over seas news media you want. Like the Ft. Hood shooting that was declared WORK PLACE VIOLENCE.
Some where, Some How, they are getting ready to spin this as him being bullied on campus.
Now dispute that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:28:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd like to get some references on those claims.

If they are true, however, you have to admit it is one hell of an unlikely coincidence.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:29:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here's the college and "Dancing with the Stars" link courtesy of NBC's TODAY show

It's quite interesting that this is NOT on their main NBC news site.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:30:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Even if all that is true, they don't care. And honestly, I don't care either. They just want to take our guns and I just want to keep them.

FBHO
FHC
FLC ( Fuck Liberal Cunts)
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:31:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This isn't about terrorism. It's about the left figuring out how to remove firearms from the citizens of the United States.  
You can site all the over seas news media you want. Like the Ft. Hood shooting that was declared WORK PLACE VIOLENCE.
Some where, Some How, they are getting ready to spin this as him being bullied on campus.
Now dispute that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now dispute that.

I agree that is how it is being spun but let's face it this isn't some crazy fucker like GD would want you to believe. This guy executed Christians. It was terrorism.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#11]
All I know is CNN is gleefully milking the attacks and running and anti gun specials, it's like Asian airplanes are disappearing all over again for them.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:35:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't forget the manifesto on the thumb drive that he made the "you're the lucky one" student take.  Will the public see it?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:36:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'd like to know of any other mid twenty male that has a profile on a dating site who doesn't have Facebook, SnapChat, instagram or twitter accounts.  But, still has a Myspace page.
View Quote

Pretty much this.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Here's the college and "Dancing with the Stars" link courtesy of NBC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking more along the lines of the assertion that he was linked with a radical jihadist.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Maybe, maybe not.  Crazy people do crazy, irrational, and often unexplainable shit.  The real world isn't like the movies and TV where everything has to fit together into a logical storyline.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#19]
in on 1
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:43:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I heard about this connection last night, and put this up on Facebook this morning. I know many here are already aware of it, but I'd like to see as many people as possible hear about it. I've heard not a single peep about it on CNN or Fox. Foreign press seems to be reporting it, though.

-----

On August 21st, Alek Skarlatos jumped from his seat on a train bound for Paris and successfully confronted, disarmed, and disabled Ayoub El-Khazzani, who was threatening to open fire on a traincar full of innocent civilians and had already shot one person in the neck who had attempted to stop him from doing so.

On October 1st, 41 days later, a man opened fire at Umpqua Community College in Roseberg, Oregon. As he killed 10 people and wounded 9 others, he asked his victims their religion. If they responded "Christian", he executed them; if they did not respond or denied being a Christian, they were maimed.

Alek Skarlatos is enrolled at Umpqua Community College. He was in rehearsals for his role on Dancing With the Stars in Los Angeles at the time of the shooting.

There are 4,726 colleges in the US, as of 2011. Doesn't it strike you as odd that the one that is attended by a man who stopped a terrorist attack in France in August is the one getting attacked in October?

Doesn't it strike you as odd that the gunman asked people their religion before slaughtering Christians?

Doesn't it strike you as odd that the gunman's MySpace page had only two public connections, one of which was a radical Jihadist?

Doesn't it strike you as odd that despite all of this, the media has characterized the gunman as having "white supremacy leanings"?

Finally, doesn't it strike you as odd that our President has spoken not once but twice urging for restrictions on firearms and disparaging the NRA - but has not once mentioned any of the above?

Maybe he's not heard that Alek Skarlatos was the likely target of this attack. He will, no doubt, hear about it on CNN when (if) they report on it.
View Quote

So the mid-20s white male who complained about "organized religion" on social media decided he was in love with the world's largest and most violent organized religion and was coerced by Jihadi's online to kill the guy that thwarted an attack in france and carried out said attack while the guy wasn't even on campus?

Sounds legit.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I verified each claim as I typed it up, but honestly don't have time to go back and provide a bunch of links right now - I'm at work, and have family commitments until this evening. I'll be happy to support any specific claim you doubt in the meantime, and provide extensive links tonight.

Until then, I fully stand behind what I've written above. It is not copy/pasted from something shared to me; it is my own work.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

So the mid-20s white male who complained about "organized religion" on social media decided he was in love with the world's largest and most violent organized religion and was coerced by Jihadi's online to kill the guy that thwarted an attack in france?

Sounds legit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#23]
at the very least its black-on-white hate crime

It's no coincidence this is the first mass shooter the media is deliberately not showing his pic in order to prevent "copycat" shooters.

Just wait until the next white guy shoots up a place and his pic will everywhere again.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:46:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Pretty much this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd like to know of any other mid twenty male that has a profile on a dating site who doesn't have Facebook, SnapChat, instagram or twitter accounts.  But, still has a Myspace page.

Pretty much this.

That's the strangest thing for me to figure out.  I think the choice of college is coincidence.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

MySpace is still very popular, particular among rap/hiphop fans and various "urban" music genres. It's seen something of a resurgence in the past couple of years. Justin Timberlake owns a big part of it now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#26]
as far as I am concerned it was jihad.

it fits

jihad myspace friend
engaged in a firefight with police
only killed christians and asked people to state their religion

what more do you need to know
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I was thinking more along the lines of the assertion that he was linked with a radical jihadist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's an archive of his page from Friday. Note "Mahmoud Ali Ehsani", aka "dick_hard_like_a_pistol". He is no longer a listed connection on the gunman's profile, which is still online.

I'll let you go from there. I really do need to work some. :)

For what it's worth, all the stuff on MySpace was noted in the main thread on the shooting here on Arfcom.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That's the strangest thing for me to figure out.  I think the choice of college is coincidence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much this.

Did he have any links to the college before this?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:54:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'd like to get some references on those claims.

If they are true, however, you have to admit it is one hell of an unlikely coincidence.
View Quote

Once is an accident

Twice is a coincidence

Three times is enemy action.

Hope that pos is being fucked in the ass by Ted Kennedy right now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Maybe, maybe not.  Crazy people do crazy, irrational, and often unexplainable shit.  The real world isn't like the movies and TV where everything has to fit together into a logical storyline.
View Quote

I agree. Based on media accounts, I assumed it was just what it appeared to be - a loser guy who snapped due to untreated mental illness.

The fact that the Alek Skarlatos goes to Umpqua pegged my BS meter though, and I dug a bit. With the new information I've found in that process, it seems extremely likely that this was "inspired".
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So the mid-20s white male who complained about "organized religion" on social media decided he was in love with the world's largest and most violent organized religion and was coerced by Jihadi's online to kill the guy that thwarted an attack in france and carried out said attack while the guy wasn't even on campus?

Sounds legit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-----

Sounds legit.

Disenfranchised people are flocking to groups like IS not because of their religious message, but because of what groups like IS represent as an alternative vision to the disenfranchised persons' current reality, which has marginalized and devalued them.

There are plenty of nihilistic personalities that flocked to the Bolshevik Revolution that couldn't have picked Marx out of a lineup.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

it fits

jihad myspace friend

View Quote

Yeah, but that one pesky detail that's present in ALL(lala) jihad attacks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:57:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Did he have any links to the college before this?
View Quote

From what I read in the other thread, and things might have changed since then, but he lived near the college.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It's no coincidence this is the first mass shooter the media is deliberately not showing his pic in order to prevent "copycat" shooters.

Just wait until the next white guy shoots up a place and his pic will everywhere again.
View Quote

Most of my mom's side of the family lives in Winston and Lookingglass in Douglas County. I have several family members who attended Umpqua, though as far as I know none were enrolled or present last week.

The Sheriff is on our side. The name was withheld for the reason he stated (to deny fame to the shooter), right or wrong.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Even if it was terrorism Obama will not allow it to be said on his watch. We could have a few jihadis shoot up a Christian church and the dip shit in charge
would have his ilk spin it into something other.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#36]
I find it odd that he had a Myspace account. I didn't know that Myspace still existed. What about the social media that 20 somethings are actually using ie Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, etc?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:02:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Also, the sheriff there wrote a letter to Biden defending gun ownership after the Sandy Hook shootings
Then, his town gets a school shooter

I find that very interdasting
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:03:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

MySpace is still very popular, particular among rap/hiphop fans and various "urban" music genres. It's seen something of a resurgence in the past couple of years. Justin Timberlake owns a big part of it now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In 12 years it has gone from a $900 million company to being sold to Timberlake and others for $35 million....

Sense it's purchase by Timberlake and other investors it has continued to decline to about half the users and half the web traffic it had when he purchased it in 2011...

MySpace sucks donkey ballz...
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#39]
you forgot the part about the same username as his ordering an ISIS flag
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

it fits

jihad myspace friend

View Quote

Most plausible explanation I've heard so far, but I'm ready for the official cover up.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:10:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#42]
The fact they haven't published his manifesto demonstrates that this was either Jihad/BLM.

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:12:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty much anyone who is sane would dispute the claims
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

It strikes me more odd that anyone is still on MySpace, radical jihadist or not.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wait, did I miss something? The shooter was black?

nvm, I see. He was mixed.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:19:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The fact they haven't published his manifesto demonstrates that this was either Jihad/BLM.

View Quote

Maybe it was, but I think it's a little early yet to make that conclusion.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:22:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:22:45 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

Columbine shooters had a manifesto and also asked people if they were Christians or not.

Just saying...
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:23:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Fine, explain to me how a guy like this doesn't have any other social media pages.  Not even in Google cache.
View Quote

It's rare, but it happens.

I work at a tech startup - of the ~50 developers here, I can think of three off the top of my head that have no social media presence at all, and another five or six that have a very private Facebook page that's not even under their real name.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top