Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2015 6:46:11 AM EDT
...and of course I have no idea where to send a payment now.

I just attempted to log into my account with my mortgage company (Sierra Pacific Mortgage) and their website 'kindly' informed me that my mortgage account was no longer with them, go fuck myself.  Didn't tell me who bought it.  Really helpful.  Couldn't log into my account at all to see past payments or anything, just a simple message that I'm no longer in their system.

Weak rant, I know.  Just one more thing I didn't need while I'm trying to figure out the maze of medical payments for having twins a few weeks ago.

-----------------

EDIT:
Just because I'm hard-headed I tried to sign into the website again, and it let me in just like normal.

Looks like a technology fuck-up for now, and a false alarm.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:49:40 AM EDT
[#1]
In before foreclosure.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:52:01 AM EDT
[#2]
The new mortgage company should send you a letter informing you that they bought your mortgage and where to send payments. BOA bought my mortgage less than 3 months after I closed.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:52:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In before foreclosure.
View Quote

I'm sure I"ll get a "Your mortgage is late!!!!" letter in the mail from BankofAmerica/Chase/Wells Fargo/whoever bought my mortgage, without ever having told me first.

So far I've already gotten one "Your payment is overdue" letter from the birth, without ever having seen a single bill from those people before.  How the fuck is something overdue if they've never sent me a bill?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:53:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:54:43 AM EDT
[#5]
You should have received paperwork in the mail ahead of time

Start making calls
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:57:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I think I only sent in 4 or 5 mortgage payments to my original lender. Wells Fargo bought mine up pretty quick.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:58:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Start making calls
View Quote

Haven't seen anything in the mail, and I've been pretty anal about going through it recently due to the torrential about of bills coming in.  

Will call first thing Monday morning.  Hooray...

Here's my prediction of how it will go: "We're sorry but you longer have an account with us, go screw yourself."
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:02:50 AM EDT
[#8]
One of the reasons I went with my credit union is that they told me they've never sold a mortgage.  And they haven't.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:23:55 AM EDT
[#9]
They gave your home to China to help satisfy US debt.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:27:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They gave your home to China to help satisfy US debt.
View Quote

So that's why there's 50 asians living in my house now?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:36:57 AM EDT
[#11]
mine got sold in the first month.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:40:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The new mortgage company should send you a letter informing you that they bought your mortgage and where to send payments. BOA bought my mortgage less than 3 months after I closed.
View Quote

THEM m'fuckers
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:41:50 AM EDT
[#13]
My mortgage was bought within a few months as well. You should receive a letter from the new holder. Legally, they can't charge you a late fee and they can't report missed payments to any credit agency for three months. Having said that, send it as soon as you find out.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:44:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Our loan was sold to Chase a long time ago.  We decided to refi, tried to contact Chase but there was no way to speak to an actual human being so I said F it.

Talked to a local credit union, they sent a payoff request to Chase and within two days there was a next day air package from Chase offering to refi my loan.

F YOU CHASE.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#15]
double tap
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:47:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
...and of course I have no idea where to send a payment now.

I just attempted to log into my account with my mortgage company (Sierra Pacific Mortgage) and their website 'kindly' informed me that my mortgage account was no longer with them, go fuck myself.  Didn't tell me who bought it.  Really helpful.  Couldn't log into my account at all to see past payments or anything, just a simple message that I'm no longer in their system.

Weak rant, I know.  Just one more thing I didn't need while I'm trying to figure out the maze of medical payments for having twins a few weeks ago.
View Quote

Ours got sold as well.  We got a letter with the new creditor on it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:52:08 AM EDT
[#17]
My parents are on their 2nd or 3rd mortgage holder.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:52:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Just because I'm hard-headed I tried to sign into the website again, and it let me in just like normal.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:53:39 AM EDT
[#19]
It's a pain but not a major issue. You will get an envelope in the next week or so with all the new payment info. Also, they will have a 60 to 90 day grace period where no penalties or late fees are incurred.

Just had the same deal but with PNC taking over ours b
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:53:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Eh, Citibank buying my mortgage ended up being aa good thing.  They did a least send a letter saying where to send money though.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:53:49 AM EDT
[#21]
And this is one of the reasons the banking and mortgage industries went to shit a few years back.  They are starting to give out very low down payment loans once again.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

And they thank you for your payment.

You'll get a letter Monday or Tuesday from the new company wanting their payment also.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:04:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Check  your tax records online, it'll show the mortgage being sold in form of a lien
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You'll get a letter Monday or Tuesday from the new company wanting their payment also.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably!
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:19:30 AM EDT
[#25]
I thought everyone on ARF paid cash (or Ducats/Krugerrands) for their house because debt is for suckers?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:25:52 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm not one of arf's famous millionaires.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  Tilson built our home and we went with mortgage company (they had very good rates).  We closed on Halloween and made one payment then we were informed Wells Fargo had bought our mortgage.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:32:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Haven't seen anything in the mail, and I've been pretty anal about going through it recently due to the torrential about of bills coming in.  

Here's my prediction of how it will go: "We're sorry but you longer have an account with us, go screw yourself."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Start making calls

Odds it went into the trash with the unopened junk mail?  

I'm always in a race against my wife to the mailbox when I know we're due a check or rebate since it will wind up in the shit pile with junk and sales fliers.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:38:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine probably would have, but my lawyer hung up the whole sale when we were sitting around the table at closure.

There is a stack of paperwork three inches tall, and he is handing it to me one piece at a time, saying "sign this, sign this, sign this."

So I am signing that, and signing that, and signing that.

Finally he gets to this one document, scrutinizes it, and throws it back across the table at my mortgage lender and says "we're not signing this!"

I have no idea WTF it even is, but the loan officer goes batshit, jumps up out of his chair in an angry manner, and runs out of the room to make a phone call.

He comes back five minutes later and says "Okay, we're keeping him!" meaning they were not going to sell my mortgage.

My lawyer never explained it to me, but somehow it was to my advantage.  They've never sold me.  I think it might have saved me from a back door PMI deal that would have cost me $$$.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:38:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm sure I"ll get a "Your mortgage is late!!!!" letter in the mail from BankofAmerica/Chase/Wells Fargo/whoever bought my mortgage, without ever having told me first.

So far I've already gotten one "Your payment is overdue" letter from the birth, without ever having seen a single bill from those people before.  How the fuck is something overdue if they've never sent me a bill?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before foreclosure.

Your new mortgage holder wants your money more than they want your house, so you'll get a notice.  On our last refi, our mortgage broker barely waited until the ink was dry to sell the paper - to our everyday bank.  I LOLed.

With one of our kids, we got a bill from the hospital's pediatrician something like 18 months after we left the hospital.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:40:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Medical bills are screwed. If you have been in their system before with a different address your bills could be going there. Who knows?
If you get late medical bills call them and explain the situation or they will go to collection.
Too much experience with this.
Communication is king.
if you need to pay  big one ask for a prompt payment or payment in full discount. Usually at least 10% and have seen as much as 50% on a $5600 bill.
I have also gotten this discount on a 2 year old bill that was kept active with communication while it was going through the appeal process.
obama care has really effed up an effed up system.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:43:34 AM EDT
[#32]
My last mortgage was sold right after I closed, then sold two more times within two years.  Ended up with Wells Fargo .
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:04:42 AM EDT
[#33]
On my previous house my mortgage got sold to Bank Of America, didn't notice any real difference.  Terms were the same- payment date, etc, etc.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

THEM m'fuckers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THEM m'fuckers

Indeed. FBoA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top