Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2015 5:48:48 AM EDT
I'd like to smack both. Discuss.

ETA- Context... now that I have time.

I was driving to work this morning, on the interstate in FL (since the state seems to matter to someone that replied), and I was moving at a pretty good speed passing most everyone in light traffic. I was in the left lane when a  Honda Civic came up behind me pretty quickly. As soon as I had the opportunity, I moved over into the center lane to give the Civic room to pass. He did not. Instead, he just hung out in the left lane, but still behind me. The center lane had a slower moving car up ahead so I moved back over into the left lane so I could go around the slow car in the center lane. Once I was in the left lane, a car that was further ahead of the slower car in front of me moved over into the left lane, trapping me. At this point the Civic is on my bumper. I braked because of the car in front of me when "Mr. Tough Guy" not just flashed, but flipped on his bright lights! I did the courtesy kind of move over so he can see the tail lights in front of me and know there was no where for me to go, but he only got closer and left his brights on. I tapped my brakes a few times just to let him know to back off. Nothing worked. When I had the opportunity to go around the car in the left lane, I did and got back into the left lane since my exit off the interstate was within a 1/2 mile or so and it was a left hand exit. "Mr. Tough Guy" stayed on my bumper with his bright lights on. At this point, I rolled down my back window (I have a 4Runner with a power rear hatch window) and gave him the finger. As soon as I was able to move left into the exit lane, I did and "Mr. Tough Guy" got over to the right and took off.

At no point on my drive did I cut anyone off, ride anyone's bumper or do anything else to piss someone off to justify such behavior. I know I have an SUV with dark tinted windows and it was possible that "Mr. Tough Guy" didn't see the car in front of me in the left lane when I hit the brakes to slow down. I can see where he may have thought I was just trying to be a dick, so I did move over to the right side of the lane so he could see the car in front of me. Which clearly didn't appease him.

Additionally, for those that question my willingness to put my hands on someone. The last time I did that was yesterday, at work. And before that, last week at work. I'm definitely far from the baddest dude ever, but I'm not a chickenshit either. I added in the question of internet vs. interstate to make this a discussion thread, but forgot in early morning haste that this was GD  and I would be labeled both an interstate and internet tough guy for posting such a thread. My bad.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:50:04 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I'd like to smack both
. Discuss.
View Quote
OK tough guy.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:53:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:58:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:59:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:02:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

What is an interstate tough guy? Put up your state or shut up.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:03:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Starts thread about how bad internet tough guys are.

Threatens to beat them up on internet.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:04:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:08:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:10:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Interstate by far because they can get you killed. Interweb tough guys talk shit until you turn off the computer.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:15:05 AM EDT
[#10]
op is drunk
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:29:42 AM EDT
[#11]
What about belligerent mid day drunks trying to be tough to show off for women?  At least you know the internet tough guy isn't going to do any damage.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:34:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Interstate by far because they can get you killed. Interweb tough guys talk shit until you turn off the computer.
View Quote

This.

As long as the internet tough guy isn's doxing people, or hacking into their personal information, he is just another neck beard.

The interstate tough guy drives a Chevrolet and sits on top of a ton of steel and ton of plastic. He hates freedom and loves running school busses into the ditch. Fear all 130 pounds of this guy. He means busniess.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:38:24 AM EDT
[#13]
OP must be a left lane camper
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:03:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:11:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Did a brodozer roll coal on your Miata while you had the top down?
View Quote

I love those Dodge Cummins bro dozers.

When I see those trucks around here, it means one of three things:
1. The driver works construction, or is a farmer.
2. The driver is a midget teen with a flat bill hat, a rich dad, and a bad attitude.
3. The driver is a middle aged pussy wrecker with a 5 speed, and a nice shirt.

I truly respect #1. #3 is cool. #2 is.... sad.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:14:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:32:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Your avatar seems appropriate for this discussion.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:05:01 AM EDT
[#18]

What the fuck did you
just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I
graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved
in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed
kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in
the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another
target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of
which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking
words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over
the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my
secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced
right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that
wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re
fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in
over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not
only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to
the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use
it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the
continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy
retribution your little "clever” comment was about to bring
down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you
couldn’t, you didn’t, and
now you’re paying the price, you
goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in
it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#19]
To internet and interstate tough guy:

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe
medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for
instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad
knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care
about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4"
245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something
like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are
probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would
say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am
sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be
happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the
nerve to say that to someone I know.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:26:19 AM EDT
[#20]
I dont let stupid shit like that bother me.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:29:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly what I was going to say.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:32:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

WINNER, close thread
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:32:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Get the fuck outa my lane camper!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Reminds me of that video where the guy was talking to the cops "Yeah, I'm talking to you tough guy".

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:35:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
To internet and interstate tough guy:

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
View Quote

How big a boy are you?

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote
The internet tough guy makes me roll my eyes and maybe snicker a bit. Unpredictability from behind a keyboard can be pretty easily ignored.

The interstate tough guy scares the shit out of me, unpredictability at highway speed is not a good thing.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:45:35 AM EDT
[#27]
" />
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:54:10 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Ha. Good one.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:55:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#30]
A lot of people are very brave behind keyboard but are very meek in person. Some body that gets brave when behind a steering wheel are scary....
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:25:24 AM EDT
[#31]
reminds me of this guy:

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quit camping in the passing lane, you're not a cop so quit trying to entorce the speed limit upon others or go sign up at your local academy.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#33]
This thread is going about like I expected when I clicked.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Had a few over the years threaten to drive to my house and kick my ass.

I pictured them frothing at the mouth and spitting all over the computer screen.

It was funny.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:29:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Can you  take a full power shot, from me bro? I mean a full power no holding back Squatdog full power shot?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Can you  take a full power shot, from me bro? I mean a full power no holding back Squatdog full power shot?
View Quote

So long as you use your keyboard, bring it!
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if he uses his vehicle?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:55:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he can see me through all the dust I kick up running, he'll be damn lucky!
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ironic huh? But, technically I did not threaten anyone. Just said I would like to slap them. If I said I would like to bang Kate Upton does that mean I am threatening to rape her?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I-4 my friend. I-4
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:28:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
OP must be a left lane camper
View Quote

My dad taught me better.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Theres a lot of internet tough guys in gd.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

My thoughts too. Fortunately I have pretty dark tinted windows and an autodimming mirror, but bright lights up your ass at highway speed is no bueno.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:39:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

ETA- Context... now that I have time.

I was driving to work this morning, on the interstate in FL (since the state seems to matter to someone that replied), and I was moving at a pretty good speed passing most everyone in light traffic. I was in the left lane when a  Honda Civic came up behind me pretty quickly. As soon as I had the opportunity, I moved over into the center lane to give the Civic room to pass. He did not. Instead, he just hung out in the left lane, but still behind me. The center lane had a slower moving car up ahead so I moved back over into the left lane so I could go around the slow car in the center lane. Once I was in the left lane, a car that was further ahead of the slower car in front of me moved over into the left lane, trapping me. At this point the Civic is on my bumper. I braked because of the car in front of me when "Mr. Tough Guy" not just flashed, but flipped on his bright lights! I did the courtesy kind of move over so he can see the tail lights in front of me and know there was no where for me to go, but he only got closer and left his brights on. I tapped my brakes a few times just to let him know to back off. Nothing worked. When I had the opportunity to go around the car in the left lane, I did and got back into the left lane since my exit off the interstate was within a 1/2 mile or so and it was a left hand exit. "Mr. Tough Guy" stayed on my bumper with his bright lights on. At this point, I rolled down my back window (I have a 4Runner with a power rear hatch window) and gave him the finger. As soon as I was able to move left into the exit lane, I did and "Mr. Tough Guy" got over to the right and took off.

At no point on my drive did I cut anyone off, ride anyone's bumper or do anything else to piss someone off to justify such behavior. I know I have an SUV with dark tinted windows and it was possible that "Mr. Tough Guy" didn't see the car in front of me in the left lane when I hit the brakes to slow down. I can see where he may have thought I was just trying to be a dick, so I did move over to the right side of the lane so he could see the car in front of me. Which clearly didn't appease him.

Additionally, for those that question my willingness to put my hands on someone. The last time I did that was yesterday, at work. And before that, last week at work. I'm definitely far from the baddest dude ever, but I'm not a chickenshit either. I added in the question of internet vs. interstate to make this a discussion thread, but forgot in early morning haste that this was GD  and I would be labeled both an interstate and internet tough guy for posting such a thread. My bad.
View Quote

Misery loves company................I'm glad to see I'm not the only one dealing with that but I get that situation about once a month if not once a week.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What the fuck did youjust fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know Igraduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involvedin numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmedkills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper inthe entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just anothertarget. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes ofwhich has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fuckingwords. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me overthe Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting mysecret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being tracedright now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm thatwipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’refucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you inover seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Notonly am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access tothe entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will useit to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of thecontinent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholyretribution your little "clever” comment was about to bringdown upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But youcouldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, yougoddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown init. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

View Quote

I call BS, no mention of a MoH or even a silver star........fricking poseurs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top