Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/4/2015 3:10:02 AM EDT
Bought it as a replacement CCW after the arfcom curse. I had a G23C and could hit an IPSC target at 100 yards with relative ease. I took my G26 out and couldn't hit shit (clay targets) at 10 yards let alone half that. WTF gives?

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:18:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a pinky extension. Worked wonders for my 26 shooting.

A Razr? Dafuq?

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:21:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A Razr? Dafuq?
View Quote

Old dinner pic.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:23:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Running the same course of fire with a plain-jane Glock 17 and Glock 26, my scores are nearly identical.

You're messing up some of the fundamentals here. It's not the gun. Sight alignment, trigger control... One of those two.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:29:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Running the same course of fire with a plain-jane Glock 17 and Glock 26, my scores are nearly identical.

You're messing up some of the fundamentals here. It's not the gun. Sight alignment, trigger control... One of those two.
View Quote

Right. I am sure it is me. As stated above a pinky grip extension might help but even concentrated shots I am all over the place with it. Flinch perhaps? Most shots are low and left.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:29:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I gave up Glocks 8 years ago and bought a Lipsey's 26 2 months ago. It is a def a shooter, love it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:31:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Right. I am sure it is me. As stated above a pinky grip extension might help but even concentrated shots I am all over the place with it. Flinch perhaps? Most shots are low and left.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's my problem as well.  Shots are low and left.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:32:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bought it as a replacement CCW after the arfcom curse. I had a G23C and could hit an IPSC target at 100 yards with relative ease. I took my G26 out and couldn't hit shit (clay targets) at 10 yards let alone half that. WTF gives?

http://media.giphy.com/media/JwrD09VNTBJCM/giphy.gif

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/458/dinnerfullsizex.jpg

View Quote

That looks like 2 meals.  Yeah, thats 2 meals there.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:33:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like you are over-gripping/death gripping. Not having a perfect pinky grip should not degrade your shot placement that much.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:35:40 AM EDT
[#9]
lol @ that fucking motorola RZR phone...
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:15:44 AM EDT
[#10]
8/10

-1 overcooked
-1 no napkin
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:27:04 AM EDT
[#11]
The smaller glocks, as in all smaller pistols,  require a more precise grip and the trigger "mash" must be isolated so as to not change the sights when mashing the trigger. I use the term "mash" because all out the box glocks have the classic Glock trigger pull, which as you know, is a squishy pull until break.  

Try a small extension on the mag so you can get all 4 fingers on and the dry fire the shit out of it.  "Clam shell" the grip....about 30-40% grip with the firing hand and the rest, the majority, with the non-firing hand.   Obviously this is critical with all pistol shooting but more so with the smaller pistols. Again the key is dry fire and applying the strict fundamentals rigorously....sight alignment and trigger control are paramount.  Are you familiar with the pencil drill? Try that.

A question I would have is are you shooting a different pistol in between? What used to fuck me up was going from my match 1911 to a glock....the triggers are so different and I would end up mashing the glock trigger for a bit until I get in the groove again. Just a thought.

My come to Allah moment  was 30 years ago when I saw a buddy shoot a 3" group at a 35 yard Bianchi cup string with a J frame. It can be done as long as the shooter does everything they're supposed to.

Here's a guy shooting about 40 yards with a G-27. About 30% hits though all would have been on an IPSC had that target been used.  It can be done.... and by the way don't lose the ability to laugh at yourself. Shooting should be fun and they'll be plenty of time to get all pissed off and emotional when you're getting shot at

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:36:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Its not the gun.

Shoot more. complain less. Win.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:24:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're anticipating recoil, driving the gun down and if a right hand shooter ( and you are based on the silverware setup) , need to put a little more finger pad on the trigger. Try shooting strong hand only and take your time.  

BL it's a new gun and you need to get used to how you're mounting that particular pistol.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:35:40 AM EDT
[#14]
TBH my razor was a decent cell phone. If I had to go back to a flip phone, it would be razor.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:46:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Use only the distal portion of your finger. Isolate the movement on that finger and pull straight back to the rear. You'll get it eventually. Now go dry fire that a few thousand times.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:57:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Soooo want to sell it cheap?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:01:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:04:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Pinky extension helped me a lot. I have big hands. Check your sights on the weapon and make sure they are centered. I bought a Ruger P345 years ago and couldn't hit shit with it only to realize the front sight post was way off center. My Gen3 G26 is way more accurate than I am a shooter.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:18:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:21:27 AM EDT
[#20]
There seems to be a trend of accuracy from .40 glocks that the 9mms don't have for whatever reason.

thats my cola warrior excuse.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
For a few months, I had my best score in GSSF with my 26 (over my 17, 22, and 21).

Sorry you need to learn to shoot instead of blaming your gun.
View Quote

Me too. Just got my lowest score ever with my 26
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:49:55 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't have any problems with my Gen3 Glock 26. It shoots great.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:57:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Since it sucks so bad, I'll take it off your hands at a heavy loss, right?

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:03:12 AM EDT
[#24]
My 19 does not have this problem.

And 9.9. I'd eat it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:15:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There seems to be a trend of accuracy from .40 glocks that the 9mms don't have for whatever reason.

View Quote

I'm running a Barsto on my G-27 which also helps
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:16:43 AM EDT
[#26]
New Gen4 Glock 27 .40sw wearing Ameriglo night sights with lime green front ring Glock factory +2 extension takes .40 mag up to 10+1.

Last weekend.....75 yard reduced size silhouette steel offhand were easy... 100 yard I was averaging 8 for 10.

I would consider pinky extensions and better sights.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:17:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm thinking of an aftermarket for my 34.  simply so I can remove another excuse.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#28]
I run a +2 on mine.
It gives me a full grip and shoots as well as my others.  It's a good gun, just spend some more time figuring the problem out.  Start the day not blaming the gun, get back to basics and go from there.  It will be worth it.  

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm thinking of an aftermarket for my 34.  simply so I can remove another excuse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On my 34 I'm running a barsto, a ZEV trigger and Dawson thin front fiber sights.  The ZEV is night and day as compared to the stock trigger.  I don't use them in carry guns but anything I'm going to race with gets one.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1

My G26 is the only compact pistol that I can shoot even remotely as well as service pistols.  No pinky thing necessary.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:40:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

A Razr? Dafuq?
View Quote

The extensions defeat the purpose of the 26.  May as well get a 19 if you want all your fingers on the grip.

Any backstraps installed?  Try the medium.  I think I shoot mine a little better with that, and I have medium sized hands.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Try the back straps
Also shooting a smaller gun is harder and will make your mistakes more costly
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

low/left is 100% trigger.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

snip..

[/quote]low/left is 100% trigger.  
View Quote

You 100% sure about that?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Recently picked my first Glock.

A gen 4 G26

I was pleasantly surprised how accurate the little gun is.

I like it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

I love these things. My 26 refused to feed anything but FMJ until I got these. I just couldn't get enough grip to keep it from rotating.

ETA: Any of the pinky extensions I've tested would tend to fall off, sending my mag spring and ammo flying. This includes the +2 extensions, and the ones that were pinky-only. That, and if I was going to have a grip that big, I'd just carry my 19 in the first place.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pearce mag extensions....

cheap but effective.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:13:13 PM EDT
[#40]

Everyone who owns a baby Glock needs to try one of these.  Best thing I ever did, it turns a two finger grip into something at least as solid, if not more so, than a normal three finger grip.

Holy crap, I see that they make one for the 29 now.  Off to find my Amex card!
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:17:05 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

snip..

[/quote]low/left is 100% trigger.  

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:17:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Stick with the G23

Happy with my G23 accuracy  

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:18:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

My current best score is also with the G26.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For a few months, I had my best score in GSSF with my 26 (over my 17, 22, and 21).

I hear this a lot with g26 owners. That they shoot this small gun even better than let's say, the competition model 34 with longer sight radius, more weight, bigger grip.

I do.  I don't know why.  All the supposedly  negative points of a smaller pistol never seem to harm my scores.

I shot a couple uspsa matches with it and some squad mates were like "damn! You can sure shoot that little thing good!"

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:30:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I hear this a lot with g26 owners. That they shoot this small gun even better than let's say, the competition model 34 with longer sight radius, more weight, bigger grip.

I do.  I don't know why.  All the supposedly  negative points of a smaller pistol never seem to harm my scores.

I shot a couple uspsa matches with it and some squad mates were like "damn! You can sure shoot that little thing good!"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same with me. I use a pearce extension for the first mag, or a  19, or 17 mag with 2 shot extension.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#45]

Glock sights are calibrated at 25m (27 yards)  with the sight picture in fig 1 above. For 15 yards and 25 yards use the fig 1 sight picture, for shorter ranges use the fig 0 sight picture  
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:45:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

anticipating recoil plus too much finger
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Low Left = too much meat hook on the trigger. Very common problem from what ive read.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:02:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Low Left = too much meat hook on the trigger. Very common problem from what ive read.
View Quote

I've been taught by multiple instructors that low and left on a glock is not enough trigger finger and that you have to get closer to the joint. I know Taran Tactical ships their guns with the rear sight drifted to the right because most people shoot left.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:06:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I took a class with Ben stoeger and shot my g17 at 25 yards to group.  Half of the ten shots were in a zone, and half were in the left  c zone. It was a nice  group, though.

Ben took my pistol  and put them all in a fist size group in the center of the AZone.

He said for me to use more trigger finger in the glock, that he sees this commonly at his classes.

Sure enough,  it worked for me.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:25:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I took a class with Ben stoeger and shot my g17 at 25 yards to group.  Half of the ten shots were in a zone, and half were in the left  c zone. It was a nice  group, though.

Ben took my pistol  and put them all in a fist size group in the center of the AZone.

He said for me to use more trigger finger in the glock, that he sees this commonly at his classes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been doing this awhile....too little finger, on a Glock, usualy leads to pushing left, assuming a R hand shooter. Some of this is that because of the mushy trigger folks tend to over grip a glock. Muscular tension in a hand is transmitted to all the fingers, hence the "push". Hence my previous comment ref the importance of a 30/70 grip, strong hand to weak hand. This allows the trigger finger to be a bit more independant.  Important on all pistols but more so on the Glock.

Too much on the trigger generally pulls right.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top