BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:06:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm pro freedom, but I'm getting real close on the one issue thing.
View Quote

Freedom from guns!
Freedom from religion!
Freedom from fear!
Freedom from whites!

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I just friggen HATE Democrats/Liberals/Progessives?Hippies!!!!

I mean HATE!!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I vote good over evil.
View Quote

How'd you poll?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:11:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No, I'm not and never have been a single-issue voter.  It's a dumb way to engage in politics, and it can be dangerous when a lot of people do it.
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Being good on guns doesn't guarantee you my vote.  Being bad on guns guarantees I won't vote for you though.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I vote for preservation of freedom.  You could be a democrat in theory, I care solely about liberty and being left alone.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#8]
If you don't 100% support the 2A then you don't understand or respect the Constitution and I don't want you holding public office. I don't appreciate politicians who think they can tell me what rights I can and cannot have. Read the Bill of Rights and kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:15:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Conservatives are pants on head retarded regarding social issues while liberals are regarding everything else.

It's a real pain.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Two issue voter here.

2A and Taxes

They're tied in weight on the scale for me...

But if I'm going to be honest with myself...

I'm affected negatively by taxes every paycheck, if not daily... Without being able to do anything about it, other than getting a cash only job (generally shit)

I'll always have a firearm for self defense, legal or not, it is what it is!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:19:29 PM EDT
[#11]
These days I am a single issue voter. Normally the issue is not get the other idiot elected.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#12]
By the way, single-issue voting is the one thing that professional politicians are most afraid of. That's because they can't "bargain" with such voters. The politician is either for them, or he's against them. There is no middle ground.

If you care about an issue (in this case, guns), you can be most effective by voting on that issue alone.  It just so happens that there are hardly any pro-gun Democrats these days, so voting Republican becomes a no-brainer.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#13]
2A as a litmus test works about 98%, suppose.  If a candidate is not pro gun freedom, there's little chance we will agree on a lot of other things.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

A candidate's position on guns and the 2nd Amendment (their record on the subject, not just what they're saying right now) is the first thing I consider. The reason is that this indicates how a person views/interprets the Constitution. If they're against it or only support it in certain circumstances, that tells me they (99% of the time) don't jive with me on other aspects of the Constitution and the law. Someone's position on the 2nd Amendment indicates how they view personal liberty and understand, or care about, the Constitution and the concepts and beliefs this country was founded on. I have no use for someone too ignorant of, or hostile to, the concepts of personal freedom and responsibility. This is an easy way to tell.

People have accused me of being a single-issue voter because of my examining the gun issue before anything else, but these people likewise don't understand there's much more to it than that. No big deal. They can continue living in blissful ignorance if they choose.

View Quote

This is exactly how I see it as well.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I lay out all the issues that matter to me, giving each of them a value.  The Constitution comes first, followed by social issues, taxes etc.  I give each a value, then I look at the candidates that get closest to my score.  To bad for president we basically get 2 people and I am forced to pick from two evils.  

I used to vote straight Republican.  Now my ticket looks like a shotgun blast.  I don't vote only on the 2nd, that really hamstrings the nation.  I have also learned that no matter what the president says, congress and the courts always shut down attempts to hamstring gun ownership.  

BHO has sold more guns than anyone just because people go nutty thinking he can take them away.  He can't, no president can.  It would take a constitutional amendment and that goes straight to the voters hands.    Vote for what is best for the nation as a whole.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:32:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm focused on the gun issue like a laser. 100% single-issue pro-gun voter. Obama and the Democrats have made me like this. If it wasn't for guns, I'd be voting for Bernie Sanders.
View Quote

Bernie can't take your guns.  Not gonna happen.  He is a mashup on gun votes anyway.  Voted for 10 round limits and no semi autos but also voted pro concealed carry.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I have found that if a candidate agrees with me on the 2nd Amendment, we will likely agree on 90% of everything else like the deficit and welfare and the military.

And if we disagree on guns, we will likely disagree on most other things.

But if a candidate refuses to publicly state a position on the 2nd Amendment, you can rest assured that he cannot be trusted to support it.

It's my litmus test.

Not that any candidate is completely trustworthy.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Have to vote 2A, or it won't exist.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:42:55 PM EDT
[#19]
When in doubt, choose liberty.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:53:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

BHO has sold more guns than anyone just because people go nutty thinking he can take them away.  He can't, no president can.  It would take a constitutional amendment and that goes straight to the voters hands.    Vote for what is best for the nation as a whole.
View Quote

The President has the power to declare every shotgun over .410 a Destructive Device just by reinterpreting "sporting purposes" without any action by Congress at all.  Hell, ATF just tried to ban M855 ammo not even a year ago based solely on Executive authority.  And certainly no small thing, Heller was a 5-4 decision and there is still a massive amount of grey area in Supreme Court rulings on the Second Amendment.  Without good Justices, Heller may end up meaning no more than you have a right to pay exorbitant fees and undergo burdensome paperwork to keep your registered .22LR revolver loaded in your home.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#21]
I refuse to vote for communists.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:01:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Guns are the only reason I even bother voting. Republicans always try to push bullshit micromanaging policies same as the left but claim to be inspired by a god so they are even crazier about it. However, I still sadly vote for them because of the left's attack on guns.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm a two issue voter, abortion and gun rights. I'm not sure what I'd do if a candidate was split on the issue but luckily I've never had to make that decision. I'd probably fall toward gun rights because it directly effects my family but it'd be a tough decision.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Guns, debt, deficit, and economy.  In that order.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:15:16 PM EDT
[#25]
People that support 2A tend to also support other things i care about.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:16:37 PM EDT
[#26]
guns are the most important thing to me right now.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#27]
My single issue is liberty. It starts my position on pretty much all matters of policy.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#28]
The 2ND is a HUGE part of my nuanced voting "style".

Other things effect it too though.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:21:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Thankfully, only 3.3% don't vote, although I'd prefer to see that number 0.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#30]
I vote Conservative for other reasons but primarily because they align with the 2A.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:35:33 PM EDT
[#31]
2A, government overreach, illegal immigration (fundamental transformation).

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:49:43 PM EDT
[#32]
The 2A is the litmus test for freedom.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:16:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The 2A is the litmus test for freedom.
View Quote

Funny thing is, a few decades ago, the speech aspect of the 1A was hotly contested.

I wonder when the ACLU is going to step up to our cause?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:01:08 AM EDT
[#34]
This thread made me think.

My knee-jerk was NO.

But if the ideal candidate, closest to everything I believed, was somehow anti-gun... Itd be a deal breaker.

Id compromise with someone who was very pro gun (by their history) and meet in the middle of other issues.

So I guess I am

2A is VERY important to me. Helps determine who thinks we are citizens vs. subjects.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:06:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Being good on guns doesn't guarantee you my vote.  Being bad on guns guarantees I won't vote for you though.
View Quote

That's a pretty good way of putting it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:16:59 AM EDT
[#36]
I vote 2a.   fuck everything else
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:32:10 AM EDT
[#37]
I am pro life first, pro gun second, small government third and fiscally conservative fourth.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:42:40 AM EDT
[#38]
50+ guns plugging two big safes, with 15 or so NFA Stamps.

And I'm a "Hook N' Bullet" Democrat. There are still a few of us around.

IMOHO, people who think for themselves tend to cross party lines on at least one issue.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:15:11 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty much this.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:17:33 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I vote conservative because of 2A. I guess I'm more libertarian than anything, though. I don't give a fuck about your abortions or pot needles.

Pretty much this.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:18:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Guns and economics/taxes.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:20:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Really depends on the mix.  Can handle an anti-2A as president who I agree with on other things, as long as there is a congress/senate that will offset things.  <<shrugs>>
View Quote

Fuck no, fuck that. Unconstitutional EO bans and BATF targeting, no fucking thank you.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:24:48 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I vote conservative because of 2A. I guess I'm more libertarian than anything, though. I don't give a fuck about your abortions or pot needles.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:32:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:36:24 AM EDT
[#45]
I am not a single issue voter, but so far there haven't been any rabidly anti gun politicians that have any policy positions I agree with enough to look past the gun thing.

Basically I will not trust a politician with political power if they won't trust me with firepower.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:40:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Not a single issue voter but there are certain stances that are deal breakers.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:42:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Do you vote conservative because you're a die hard conservative, or are you voting conservative because the 2nd amendment [/span]is constantly under attack on the city, county, state, and federal level?
View Quote

[span style='color: green;']Started a single issue later started to hate everything about the liberial way.

This 2nd
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:52:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Not a single issue voter but there are certain stances that are deal breakers.
View Quote

I will not vote for gun control advocates, anyone against immediate deportation including a moratorium on h1b, and patriot act supporters. I don't have a candidate
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:57:30 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm absolutely not a single issue voter...but if you don't like guns you aren't getting my vote.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:00:25 AM EDT
[#50]
The republicans have disappointed me in recent times but no way in hell I want a D in office so I pull the lever for R it's that simple.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top