Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:27:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Limbaugh was going off yesterday saying Obama and the Libs are pissed because we haven't had good hurricanes to blame on global warming
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:31:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Engage in hyperbole much, bitch? Stupid cunt.

The NWS words, not hers.

"We are about to go through something we've never gone through before," Haley said.

What's this "we" Mrs Haley?

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Nah, must be the ozone hole and acid rain causing this.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Meh
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:32:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Climate change.

Global warming was the mantra from 2000 to 2010 ... now with "climate change" anything from a drought (CA) to a rain storm (SC), record hot days to record cold days is now the fault of America's success.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Big snow storms and record cold temps have NOTHING to do with global warming! But a Hurricane does!!

I'm sure we'll be hearing how such a rare event indicates global warming.

Climate change.

Global warming was the mantra from 2000 to 2010 ... now with "climate change" anything from a drought (CA) to a rain storm (SC), record hot days to record cold days is now the fault of America's success.
Bullshit.

Only people who weren't paying attention in the 90's believe this.

Global warming advocates were predicting strange weather patterns for decades.

I was just a kid then, but apparently I know more about the science of the day (because I witnessed it and understood it) than many people who were adults then.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#7]
In Charleston it floods every time a hard rain hits when its high tide.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Big snow storms and record cold temps have NOTHING to do with global warming! But a Hurricane does!!

I'm sure we'll be hearing how such a rare event indicates global warming.
View Quote

absolutely- never fail to take advantage of a good crisis to further the agenda
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Engage in hyperbole much, bitch? Stupid cunt.

The NWS words, not hers.

"We are about to go through something we've never gone through before," Haley said.

I dunno what that dumb, media-driven broad is talking about. Apparently her definition of "we" means "South Carolina in the last few years." Because South Carolina and its residents have seen weather like this before. It's just been 10 years since Jerry brought 19 inches of rain. And Hugo about 10 years before that. And those are just the recent events.

She's a dumb fucking cunt.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Godspeed to the people. My folks live right in the middle of the predicted area of maximum rainfall. They, of course, live on the highest hill in their county and have weeks of food laid in at all times.
View Quote

They must be close.... We are in that same ring...  Unfortunately, we are on a 6 acre pond.   We reinforced it about 10 years ago and tested it three years ago (a 5 acre beaver pond let go).    

Over 4 inches of rain down with 10 more predicted.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#11]
is there a way to somehow divert all this water somewhere dry, like, say California?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:57:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Your forgot some blame cards...

Bush's fault
Halliburton Weather machine
Mother Nature
God
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this flooding the result of global warming, climate change, or the legacy of slavery?

Your forgot some blame cards...

Bush's fault
Halliburton Weather machine
Mother Nature
God

You forgot the NRA.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#13]
LOL, in 1972 it rained a BUNCH around here, for days on end.
Then a BIG storm rolled in. Water POURED from the sky!

My folks' house was an island, water was up to the handlebars on my bike as soon as I got 100' away
(we lived on a neck, and were cut off for a while.

We not only SURVIVED without anyone from the Gov, we had FUN!
(we'll at least me and my brothers did: was a mess left behind once water receded!)
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Every single day!  Something is coming to get us.  Something critical is going to kill us all.  A constant barrage of pending doom.

The media, our elected officials.
View Quote

QFT. Please gubmint, save me.

Edit. All you folks on the East coast please be safe.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#15]
The media likes a good east coast weather panic. For fuck sakes.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:48:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I should go check on our bridge. Not state maintained either.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Cover yourself in the Stars and Bars and ride it out, sweetie
View Quote

< . -- BB >
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:13:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Has anyone consider suggesting that she outlaw rain? She signed the removal of the Confederate flag.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#19]
The weather isn't too bad in Clemson right now.  Temperature is comfortable and currently a light mist of rain.  Everything is wet and saturated though.  There is room the the lakes to take a bunch of water, especially Hartwell.

Edit:  In general, I like Governor Haley.  She's signed some pro gun bills into law and has supported the 2nd.  I disagree with her on the flag issue primarily because I think she was pandering to the republican party and outside influences.  She should have told them to fornicate with themselves, and then readdress the issue if she wanted at another time and with less fanfare and whatnot from people outside the state.  I think Jeb was considering her for a running mate, but fortunately it's not looking good for him.  I personally think the nation has had enough of the Clinton's and the Bush's, and that political dynasties are not what the founding fathers intended....but I digress.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Sensationalism
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:20:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm glad there are people seeing her for the spotlight grabbing media whore she is.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Ms. Haley , bless your little pea picking heart .  What made you into a drama queen .???

Low lying areas flood .   That's just a fact .   Guess you never heard of hurricanes either .    I do believe  Hugo packed quite a hit to SC.   And surprise surprise , SC is still there .   And I don't think it was 200 years ago.   Ms. Haley , please go take some Valium and call us in a couple of days.

As Gov of the state , your job is not to create panic.

gd
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Cover yourself in the Stars and Bars and ride it out, sweetie.
View Quote

Omfg I just blew diet coke every were lmmfao !!!

Ohh and in for the epic Dixie but hurt !!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Hugo was the worst one I remember in SC.  That was in 1989 and I was stationed in Savannah.  Hugo struck a little north in Charleston and did some major damage.  A strong hurricane isn't spring shower.....and it's best to be prepared.  I also lived in Raleigh when Bertha (I think) and Fran came through back to back almost.  I was 100 miles inland and didn't have power for a week and old trees were down everywhere.  They burned the debris for a year.  This is why I'm stating that hurricanes are no wimpy little storm.  People do need to take some responsibility and do some preparation and not do stupid things.  As someone stated, we haven't had a major hurricane hit the state in a while, so people need to be reminded, and people who may have moved here and not lived through one need to be told.  

That said, all politicians play to the media.  They love the exposure just like those in Hollywood.  SC could do worse than Haley.....we could have Christie.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Nikki Haley is a simple bitch.

Hugo's 1989 effects on South Carolina

Mobile homes destroyed by Hugo's storm surge
Because it was a Category 4 hurricane at landfall, the storm brought strong winds to many areas of South Carolina. In Downtown Charleston, sustained winds of 87 mph (140 km/h) were reported, along with gusts of 108 mph (174 km/h). The local National Weather Service office at Charleston International Airport recorded sustained winds of 78 mph (126 km/h) and gusts up to 97 mph (156 km/h). In Folly Beach, sustained winds of 85 mph (137 km/h) and a gust of 107 mph (172 km/h) were reported. The strongest wind gust of 120 mph (190 km/h) was recorded by the Snow Goose, which was anchored along the Sampit River near Georgetown. Extensive property damage was reported in several counties, especially in the South Carolina Lowcountry and the Grand Strand. More than 227,800 residences experienced power outages, and 85% of Bamberg and Orangeburg Counties were left without electricity, while Marion County became completely void of electrical services.[17] Extensive losses reaching $1 billion were reported at Francis Marion National Forest, with about 8,800 square miles (23,000 km2) of trees were downed, enough timber to build 660,000 homes.[19]

Hugo proved to be devastating to beachfront property
Storm surge and rough tides also caused extensive damage, especially in Charleston County. The highest storm surge observation was 20.2 feet (6.2 m) at Seewee Bay near McClellanville. Prior to the storm, residents of McClellanville took shelter in the cafeteria at Lincoln High School. However, storm surge flooded the room, with some people climbing up to the rafters for safety. A portion of the Ben Sawyer Bridge – linking Mount Pleasant to Sullivan's Island – collapsed due to strong winds and storm surge. On Sullivan's Island, water destroyed two or three rows of beach houses in some areas. At Isle of Palms, boats harbored at the marina were washed ashore and piled into a large heap. Losses at Sullivan's Island and Isle of Palms reached nearly $270 million.[17]

Rainfall was moderate, due to the storm's fast motion, peaking at 10.28 in (261 mm) at Edisto Island.[20] No widespread flooding was reported, though a combination of rain and strong winds resulted in significant agriculture losses. The Red Cross estimates that 3,307 single family homes were destroyed, 18,171 were inflicted major damage, and 56,580 sustained minor impact. Additionally, more than 12,600 mobile homes and 18,000 multi-family houses were either damaged or destroyed.[15] Damage from Hurricane Hugo in South Carolina was estimated at $5.9 billion.[16] Hugo remains the strongest and costliest hurricane in the history of the state.[21] There were 35 deaths, two from asphyxiation, four from collapsing houses, two from falling trees, nine from fire and smoke inhalation, six from drowning, four from electrocutions, six from heart attacks, one fatal accidental self–injury during clean–up, and one from unknown cause.[17]

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:52:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hugo was the worst one I remember in SC.  That was in 1989 and I was stationed in Savannah.  Hugo struck a little north in Charleston and did some major damage.  A strong hurricane isn't spring shower.....and it's best to be prepared.  I also lived in Raleigh when Bertha (I think) and Fran came through back to back almost.  I was 100 miles inland and didn't have power for a week and old trees were down everywhere.  They burned the debris for a year.  This is why I'm stating that hurricanes are no wimpy little storm.  People do need to take some responsibility and do some preparation and not do stupid things.  As someone stated, we haven't had a major hurricane hit the state in a while, so people need to be reminded, and people who may have moved here and not lived through one need to be told.  

That said, all politicians play to the media.  They love the exposure just like those in Hollywood.  SC could do worse than Haley.....we could have Christie.
View Quote

The rich ass sobs that I know that live along the coast can't hardly wait for a decent hurricane to come ashore.   Everything gets torn to hell and fed insurance pays for replacement.  Includes homes built where they should not have been built , boats , and expensive cars. etc etc etc.  And they will whine and bitch about any talk or building restrictions or cut backs in fed flood insurance.  The poor get really screwed though.

And I was in the area when Hugo hit.  And I've had the unfortunate luck to have been in a couple of others .  Hugo was the worst .  Best advice is , if it's coming on shore and your in the path.  Pack up and get the hell out.

Just my experience.  But what do I know .

gd
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#27]
This is why I currently live on top of a hill and not a the bottom.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Prayers sent to all in harms way.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#29]
lol people wonder why I don't wanna move to that state.  Not now, not ever.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Since we all seem to run out for milk and bread for ice storms, what is the menu for "epic rain".  I still haven't seen anything falling in the upstate to amount to shat.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would take the stars and bars over Ohio any time.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Haley desperation.  She's done.  Shouldn't have fucked with the flag.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Since you have mentioned it a couple of times, there are no public sector unions in South Carolina.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every single day!  Something is coming to get us.  Something critical is going to kill us all.  A constant barrage of pending doom.

The media, our elected officials.

/propaganda

Never let a crisis pass without the solution being more federal government intervention. FEMA will be dispatched to ensure that as much money as possible is spent shoring up the public labor unions pensions.

Since you have mentioned it a couple of times, there are no public sector unions in South Carolina.

don't bring reality into a good union bashing. .
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The weather isn't too bad in Clemson right now.  Temperature is comfortable and currently a light mist of rain.  Everything is wet and saturated though.  There is room the the lakes to take a bunch of water, especially Hartwell.

Edit:  In general, I like Governor Haley.  She's signed some pro gun bills into law and has supported the 2nd.  I disagree with her on the flag issue primarily because I think she was pandering to the republican party and outside influences.  She should have told them to fornicate with themselves, and then readdress the issue if she wanted at another time and with less fanfare and whatnot from people outside the state.  I think Jeb was considering her for a running mate, but fortunately it's not looking good for him.  I personally think the nation has had enough of the Clinton's and the Bush's, and that political dynasties are not what the founding fathers intended....but I digress.
View Quote

She sucks, and I am not even referring to the flag issue.  I wouldn't vote for any ticket she is on.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:43:08 PM EDT
[#35]
As bad as the rain is for now, this may not be near the worst. After all the watersheds flow back down to Charleston, there will be more water to deal with than ever experienced in modern history. All the rivers that flow thru the center of the state come out in Charleston.

I was here during Hugo and remember the flooding, but I do believe that this could easily surpass that event. I am already seeing water backed up in areas that did not have a problem then.

I will say that the media has sensationalized the crap out of the whole thing, though. Guess they only make money by scaring people.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:49:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Charleston is under water.

In Columbia they closed the Ravenel Bridge, it's flooded over. They're watching broad river rise now, and putting sand bags all over. They say flooding will be up to the State House on one side, and 4 miles the other, which will flood I-77.

I have friends watching creeks at their homes overflow the banks now. Friends on Wateree are worried, the spillways are overflowing at the Duke power plants up here right now.

In Columbia they're predicting 27 feet of water, but the flood stage is 19 feet.

We still have the rest of the day, and all day tomorrow.

Now there are tornado watches and warnings on top of it.
View Quote

Can I ask where you got those numbers from?  27 feet of water?  Water up to the state house?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:18:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Can I ask where you got those numbers from?  27 feet of water?  Water up to the state house?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Charleston is under water.

In Columbia they closed the Ravenel Bridge, it's flooded over. They're watching broad river rise now, and putting sand bags all over. They say flooding will be up to the State House on one side, and 4 miles the other, which will flood I-77.

I have friends watching creeks at their homes overflow the banks now. Friends on Wateree are worried, the spillways are overflowing at the Duke power plants up here right now.

In Columbia they're predicting 27 feet of water, but the flood stage is 19 feet.

We still have the rest of the day, and all day tomorrow.

Now there are tornado watches and warnings on top of it.

I get my news from the window i look out it and yep its flooding
But then again i am down on the lower lake in moncks corner, cant wait for the water from up state to get here we need a few more feet to make it fun.
On the plus side ill get to use my hobbie outback to go down the street.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:46:28 AM EDT
[#38]
I live in Augusta right across the river, it ain't that bad.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:54:26 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm right smack in the middle of SC.

This storm ain't shit. Not yet anyway.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:00:36 AM EDT
[#40]

meh just lots of rain it's nothing to panic over unless you live on the banks of a river.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:08:00 AM EDT
[#41]

Watched it all, couldn`t stop.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:10:44 AM EDT
[#42]
It's raining, at times fairly hard, and has been for a few days now. Meh...
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:19:01 AM EDT
[#43]
I dunno what she's talking about.

I can remember at least three times in my 38 years that it rained so much that Black River was a mile wide in places where it was normally 100ft wide.

I can remember water coming up through the storm drains and fish flopping around on main street.

rode hugo out. mother's step father made a beer run at 9:30.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:47:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well bless your heart.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:07:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Unless it's September 1989, then yeah, you have gone through something like this before.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gov. Haley: 'We are about to go through something we've never gone through before'

Unless it's September 1989, then yeah, you have gone through something like this before.  

Yeah, no shit, I rode Hugo out down there, back then (half way between Goose Creek and Monk's Corner). I doubt this, is that. Just sayin'...

That said, I hope ya'll (all ya'll) stay safe down there.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:11:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
LOL, in 1972 it rained a BUNCH around here, for days on end.
Then a BIG storm rolled in. Water POURED from the sky!

My folks' house was an island, water was up to the handlebars on my bike as soon as I got 100' away
(we lived on a neck, and were cut off for a while.

We not only SURVIVED without anyone from the Gov, we had FUN!
(we'll at least me and my brothers did: was a mess left behind once water receded!)
View Quote

Storm Agnes? ...cause I just happened to have rode that out in Havre De Grace as well...
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:26:02 AM EDT
[#47]
To bad we don't have giant water pipe lines like we do oil, else we could funnel the water from flooded States to drought stricken States like giant storm drains.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:30:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Good luck guys.

Just checked the radar, and that puppy is camped out right over SC!
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:33:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Tag for pics of my neighbors 100 year old oak tree that toppled from all the water taking out at least three other oaks down as it crashed into their house.

Charlotte has been getting rain for a little over a week now.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:51:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Good luck, boys.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top