Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2015 8:06:44 AM EDT
Looking for a website or study that shows how many times guns are used for defensive purposes or to prevent crimes. Need to shut up this anti gun liberal friend of mine.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:15:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:30:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looking for a website or study that shows how many times guns are used for defensive purposes or to prevent crimes. Need to shut up this anti gun liberal friend of mine.
View Quote

Crimes prevented by guns are not really tracked the same way "gun crime" is.
Many are not reported at all. There is a study that shows an estimate of 2.5 million defensive uses of a gun a year
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:36:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I would not be here typing this if it were not for my own defensive use of a firearm.

This fact is not recorded in anyone's statistics anywhere.

I am not alone.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:30:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would not be here typing this if it were not for my own defensive use of a firearm.

I am not alone.
View Quote

Wasn't there an FBI estimate of some huge number of incidents of like this every year?  Does anyone have that number?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:59:36 AM EDT
[#5]
It not tracked as most cases there was no trigger pulled, no injuries or dead shitbags.  Very hard to estimate but the NRA mags do an armed citizens section each month and those pages are never empty.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:02:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Wasn't there an FBI estimate of some huge number of incidents of like this every year?  Does anyone have that number?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not alone.

There have been around 13 different studies placing the number between 800,000-4.5 million annually.  The National Crime Victimization Survey estimated 108,000 per year in 1993 (when CCW was widely illegal or restricted).
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:05:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There have been around 13 different studies placing the number between 800,000-4.5 million annually.  The National Crime Victimization Survey estimated 108,000 per year in 1993 (when CCW was widely illegal or restricted).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not alone.

The GOV probably won't keep official track of those numbers because it proves they are lying when they try for more gun control.....
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:30:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The GOV probably won't keep official track of those numbers because it proves they are lying when they try for more gun control.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not alone.

The www.guncite.com link goes into it in great detail with cites to sources.  Even some of the big government studies have acknowledged there is a fair amount of defensive gun use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top