Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 4/25/2001 6:14:38 AM EDT
Has anyone ever refinished a scope? I just bought a Leupold from ebay but it is gloss black and I want a Matte finish. Any suggestions? ZIP
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 6:25:11 AM EDT
I believe they are anodized.I think the best way would be paint.I have used hammered metal paint before.Rustoleum makes a lighht crinkel finnish in matte black that is pretty tuff.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:15:01 AM EDT
I called, really emailed, Leupold and they replied "No we don't. Try Jim Spradlin in Texas Creek, CO. 719 275 7105. Garth" These guys refinish they for about $60 and it doesn't affect the Leupold factory warranty. Give 'em a call Bill Happiness is a warn gun... Bang bang, shoot shoot...
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 11:19:24 AM EDT
I have the 2001 Leopold Catalog Here in front of me. In the back, under Custom Shop, they offer "Scope Renovation." 3 different levels, "Specific," "Basic," and "Full." The Full Renovation replaces the main-tube, objective and ocular lenses, [u]and all exterior parts[/u]. Since they are doing that, I would imagine that you could have them change it to a matte finish. No prices given. Maybe Jim Spradin is a sub-contractor for Leopold....
Top Top