BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
None of this lawyer speak would matter if this stupid fucking law didn't exist.
View Quote

Don't think for a minute that they still wouldn't be dicking with you in the absence of legislation.  The law doesn't mean shit anymore.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm sure we'll eventually see a YT video of the shooter being engulfed in flames from the rupture of the container inside the tube.  Launching anything flammable is probably taking a statistically significant chance of 3rd degree burns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I kinda expected this.

But I figured someone would bubba a "soda can Molotov cocktail" and post video of it all over youtube.

I'm sure we'll eventually see a YT video of the shooter being engulfed in flames from the rupture of the container inside the tube.  Launching anything flammable is probably taking a statistically significant chance of 3rd degree burns.

Yeah... I mean it *could* be done with a lot of work, but it's probably about the same level of effort to weaponize this as it would be to just build from scratch.

Both are taking a major risk. Even if there was no NFA I wouldn't try it with this setup. I like not being on fire.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 3:28:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Bumping this to keep it alive. Still no word.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 3:33:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Pussy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
. I like not being on fire.

Pussy.

Yeah, I am kind of a wimp about that...

Bumping the thread for when the ATF finally clears up the issue with yet another letter.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I want to get one of the giant marshmallows and launch it.  In theory it should catch fire and burn like a comet across the night sky....then stick to something and burn like napalm.  

I bet cleaning the tube would be awesome after that.  
View Quote

I launched a red bell pepper out of one. Instant salsa, but automatically cleaned the tube

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Need to buy a Ghost pepper now!

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 10:06:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Need to buy a Ghost pepper now!

View Quote

Oooooh... Maybe some 1 million Scoville Unit soda pop?
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:44:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Bump. X Products announced on their FB page that BATFE has mailed the official response on X Product's proposed revisions to the design. Update imminent, I imagine.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:39:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Bump. X Products announced on their FB page that BATFE has mailed the official response on X Product's proposed revisions to the design. Update imminent, I imagine.

View Quote

Cool. I don't know how I missed that.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#11]
They must not have liked the answer from BATFE, seeing as how they haven't said or released anything...
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#12]
What I really need to know is if I need to list caliber as "12 Ounce Soda" when filling out my Form 1.

Inquiring minds want to know...

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They must not have liked the answer from BATFE, seeing as how they haven't said or released anything...
View Quote

LOL maybe...
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 11:01:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:  What I really need to know is if I need to list caliber as "12 Ounce Soda" when filling out my Form 1.

Inquiring minds want to know...
View Quote

The worst thing that happens is it gets delayed past July, and you have to send in fingerprints.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#15]

X Products has received their third response from the BATFE, the samples were not approved, however a suggestion was made. The BATFE is requesting similar samples that prevent the chambering of a commercially available Rem .223 round. The samples have been made, tested and are being shipped this week. X Products is asking for an expedited response. The requested fix is made to the existing system, so X Products will be able to exchange current models. The information will be published tonight.
View Quote

Weld the barrel, guys...
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Xproducts can kiss my ass. At this point I wish they would just take the damn things back.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 8:06:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlf1/v/t1.0-9/12509588_1018667801507861_5676185919325777974_n.jpg?oh=a493626000ab65fd0a46e7993d6561f2&oe=57402703

X Products has received their third response from the BATFE, the samples were not approved, however a suggestion was made. The BATFE is requesting similar samples that prevent the chambering of a commercially available Rem .223 round. The samples have been made, tested and are being shipped this week. X Products is asking for an expedited response. The requested fix is made to the existing system, so X Products will be able to exchange current models. The information will be published tonight.

Weld the barrel, guys...

when I talked with the owner at the SAR show in December, he said that the sample sent in had the end of the "barrel" welded so a projectile could not exit the barrel, but it would allow for a standard round to chamber and fire, but the bullet wouldnt' leave the barrel.  it sounds like that sample was rejected and now they want the barrel to not even allow for a projectile-equipped casing to be chambered.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 12:08:44 AM EDT
[#18]
XProducts is really in a bind here. I can't see how they're going to engineer a barrel that can chamber a standard M200 blank without also being able to chamber a live round.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 1:07:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

when I talked with the owner at the SAR show in December, he said that the sample sent in had the end of the "barrel" welded so a projectile could not exit the barrel, but it would allow for a standard round to chamber and fire, but the bullet wouldnt' leave the barrel.  it sounds like that sample was rejected and now they want the barrel to not even allow for a projectile-equipped casing to be chambered.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlf1/v/t1.0-9/12509588_1018667801507861_5676185919325777974_n.jpg?oh=a493626000ab65fd0a46e7993d6561f2&oe=57402703

Weld the barrel, guys...

That goes against pretty much everything Ridgeline was saying earlier about their movie blank guns.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 1:09:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
XProducts is really in a bind here. I can't see how they're going to engineer a barrel that can chamber a standard M200 blank without also being able to chamber a live round.
View Quote

Have them bored to .17" for the bore and chambered for 5.56
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 1:16:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That goes against pretty much everything Ridgeline was saying earlier about their movie blank guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weld the barrel, guys...

You are making the mistake of assuming that the same rules apply to everyone.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 2:14:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Leave it up to the ATF to suck the fun out of anything designed for...fun. Last I heard the problem was it COULD chamber a live round, you know cause everyone wants a single shot SBR you have to manually cycle stupid, just fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weld the barrel, guys...

100% yes, and 100% no.      

Some "guns" use semi-custom rounds that aren't as custom as it is lead to believe.  Many use reduced diameter bores with standard rounds or custom rounds.

Either the BATFE is being stupid on this one or X Products is not presenting this to them the right way.

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

100% yes, and 100% no.      

Some "guns" use semi-custom rounds that aren't as custom as it is lead to believe.  Many use reduced diameter bores with standard rounds or custom rounds.

Either the BATFE is being stupid on this one or X Products is not presenting this to them the right way.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weld the barrel, guys...

100% yes, and 100% no.      

I'm thinking a steel pin drilled right through the throat area and welded in place should be enough. I may try it for shits n giggles, or should i worry about "sploding?
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top