Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Considering what I think was going on...

The Statute was applied correctly.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just so we are clear.

Aimless, Bohr Adam you think this is just an innocent kid who took a clock to school to show off and is a victim of the war on muslims, right?

Where are you getting this?

He could have been sent here by ISIL personally, and it wouldn't change the fact that he brought in a clock to school and said it was a clock.

So you believe the kids story.  He built a clock to show off and this was nothing to do with trolling for a reaction?

I don't really believe his story for a second.

I also don't see the relevance to the facts of the case. I see a complete abuse of the "hoax bomb" statute.

I see a lot of people tripping over themselves to play right into the story his family seemed eager to write.

Considering what I think was going on...

The Statute was applied correctly.

Irving Police spokesman Officer James McLellan told the station, "We attempted to question the juvenile about what it was and he would simply only tell us that it was a clock."

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#4]
DT
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I heard about that earlier today, its amazing how good zero is at choosing the wrong side.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like his older sister was practiced at waging Jihad by other means...having drawn a suspension from that same school earlier.

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/359140.php

I heard about that earlier today, its amazing how good zero is at choosing the wrong side.

He doesn't see his side as the "wrong side,"
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:02:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like his older sister was practiced at waging Jihad by other means...having drawn a suspension from that same school earlier.

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/359140.php

Zero is useful in that regard.  If you are confused as which is right and which is wrong, just look for Zero's choice, and you know the opposite is right.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In junior high I shot a little bird out of the air with a .22. Am I the world's greatest shot or was the bird unlucky?
View Quote

It's really sad to see such senseless bird on bird crime.

#birdlivesmatter
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:05:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just so we are clear.

Aimless, Bohr Adam you think this is just an innocent kid who took a clock to school to show off and is a victim of the war on muslims, right?

View Quote

Apparently they do.  Which surprises me with Aimless.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:06:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just so we are clear.

Really??? Really??
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So... never?  Because there's always been a nativist streak in this country that viewed immigrants as parasites.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really miss the days when Foreigner was just a rock band and not disruptive parasites.

So... never?  Because there's always been a nativist streak in this country that viewed immigrants as parasites.

Some are.  Especially the ones that crash the gate, sit down and demand squatters rights.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:11:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:18:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Meh too many years dealing with criminals and juvenile delinquents. People just aren't that clever especially teen age boys  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just so we are clear.

Meh too many years dealing with criminals and juvenile delinquents. People just aren't that clever especially teen age boys  

I'm all for the benefit of the doubt, but the whole family seems iffy.   At this point I'm willing to admit I'm biased and it will take a miracle for me to believe he is an innocent kid.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Remember the kid who "accidently went up in a hot air balloon"?

This is the Muslim version.  Only this time the intent was more then just attention whoring.

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just so we are clear.

Please, I'd put big money on the fact that the father put that thing together. That boy was sticking to a script.  Hell, even Mark Cuban said as much when he talked to the kid on the phone....said it seemed like his sister was feeding him answers.

Wake up. This was a scripted event.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Aimless,

He Didn't solder together a clock from parts.

If you look at the pix, it was an ordinary alarm clock he or they took apart...

Then re-mounted the parts in a briefcase.

Any motivated kid with basic skills could do this.

NOTHING I saw needed to be soldered!!!!

It was a no brainer.

The telling issue [of intent] would be if he showed, explained, etc, what he did, to his teachers BEFORE it alarmed in the classroom.

That would suggest a genuine interest in the project...

Not something more uh, manipulative or ulterior...

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:42:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:43:47 PM EDT
[#21]
This was a setup from the get go....

When it smells like a cultural jihad operation, walks like a cultural jihad operation, it probably is a....
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:43:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Really??? Really??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just so we are clear.

Really??? Really??

Youse talkin' to me???  Youse talkin' to me???????
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I know he just took a regular old clock, yanked the parts out and stuck them in a case. I just don't give that as much weight as you do. I do think he has been falsely portrayed as a young MacGuyver because it fits the liberal media's playbook. I just don't buy that this was a plot where he, or he and dad, did this to provoke a police response or get media attention.  

But who knows, I've been wrong before. Ask my wife
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aimless,

It was a no brainer.

The telling issue [of intent] would be if he showed, explained, etc, what he did, to his teachers BEFORE it alarmed in the classroom.

I know he just took a regular old clock, yanked the parts out and stuck them in a case. I just don't give that as much weight as you do. I do think he has been falsely portrayed as a young MacGuyver because it fits the liberal media's playbook. I just don't buy that this was a plot where he, or he and dad, did this to provoke a police response or get media attention.  

Give putting a clock in a briefcase much weight???

I don't see the point to even do it.

Hell- I won Science Fairs all the way to the NATIONAL's... Won a full scholarship to a great engineering school. Before the Dopey Global Warming projects nowadays... I understand science projects

This alarm clock remounted in a briefcase to take to school to show others makes...

Absolutely NO SENSE  --to me... There's no skill or 'creativity' to show off.

Something else is likely going on...

I agree with you, this wasn't the kid's idea, maybe the dad had a lot more to do with it -almost certainly.

The TEST of the issue is what the kid did when he took it to school.

Did he disclose the 'project' to various teachers  --that would have defused the entire situation  

[Not that most JR high school teachers would have a clue]

But IF he did explain his project, I'd say it was an innocent mistake resulting in an over-reaction.

IF he surprised the folks in school with it alarming BEFORE disclosing and explaining the project, then I think something more underhanded is going on.

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
14 year olds do strange random stupid shit, or I did anyway I don't know, like a lot of long drawn out arfcom debates we're trying to make points based solely on newspaper articles without a lot of reliability and not a lot of facts. If I saw a video of the kid talking to the cops I might say "Oops" or "I told you so"  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give putting a clock in a briefcase much weight???

I don't see the point to even do it.

Hell- I won Science Fairs all the way to the NATIONAL's... Won a full scholarship to a great engineering school. Before the Dopy Global Warming projects nowadays... I understand science projects

This alarm clock remounted in a briefcase to take to school to show others makes...

Absolutely NO SENSE  --to me... There's no skill or 'creativity' to show off.

Something else is likely going on...

I agree with you, this wasn't the kid's idea, maybe the dad had a lot more to do with it -almost certainly.

The TEST of the issue is what the kid did when he took it to school.

Did he diosclose the 'project;' to various teachers  --that would have defused the entire situation  

[Not that most JR high school teachers would have a clue]

But IF he dis explain his project, I'd say it was an innocent mistake/over-reaction.

IF he surprised the folks in school with it alarming BEFORE disclosing and explain the project, then I think something more underhanded is going on.

14 year olds do strange random stupid shit, or I did anyway I don't know, like a lot of long drawn out arfcom debates we're trying to make points based solely on newspaper articles without a lot of reliability and not a lot of facts. If I saw a video of the kid talking to the cops I might say "Oops" or "I told you so"  

I'll bet I did stranger things...

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aimless,

It was a no brainer.

No hard feelings but you are definitely wrong on this one.

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What PR firm?    

How fast did the girl who gave the finger at Arlington go from nobody to world wide pariah? How fast did the woman who made the tweet about going to Africa go from nobody to pariah. Shit blows up on the internet fast without any sneaky conspiracies.

There was a very good chance that that kid could have ended up stuck in juvenile hall for the next year (or however it works in Texas) and if dad had put him up to it I don't buy that the kid would have kept his mouth shut when interrogated.

In junior high I shot a little bird out of the air with a .22. Am I the world's greatest shot or was the bird unlucky?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what plot?  this isn't hard.  They tried with the sister, didn't get what they wanted.  tried again with the brother.  hit a jack pot.  Probably had a PR firm lined up.

this went from nothing to tweets from the president in 24 hours.

gosh.  so hard for a minority to get in the news for being abused by the racist texans.  

so you believe the story as written.

innocent kid just built a clock.
What PR firm?    

How fast did the girl who gave the finger at Arlington go from nobody to world wide pariah? How fast did the woman who made the tweet about going to Africa go from nobody to pariah. Shit blows up on the internet fast without any sneaky conspiracies.

There was a very good chance that that kid could have ended up stuck in juvenile hall for the next year (or however it works in Texas) and if dad had put him up to it I don't buy that the kid would have kept his mouth shut when interrogated.

Need to know if that bird hard a cute name or not.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

You guys told me 0bama would never be elected and navy seals was worth renting  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aimless,

It was a no brainer.

No hard feelings but you are definitely wrong on this one.

You guys told me 0bama would never be elected and navy seals was worth renting  

Navy Seals WAS worth renting in 199-something.  Now it's good for a free looksee on Netflix.

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#32]

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/092215-772291-did-muslim-clock-boy-perpetrate-hoax.htm

Here's the real story:

• There was no "school project" or science assignment to justify Mohamed bringing the device to school .

• Just three weeks into his freshman year, Mohamed was no "science whiz well-known by high school teachers for tinkering."

• The "clock" wasn't made from scratch but just the guts of a mass-manufactured digital clock, complete with AC cord and 9-volt backup battery connection.

• With its exposed wires and lack of a face, the gutted clock looked like a bomb. It also sounded like a bomb: The alarm was set to go off during English class; the beeping startled the teacher who called police.

• When police questioned Mohamed, he wasn't cooperative and was described as "disrespectful."

• The police chief said the device was "intended to create a level of alarm; in other words, a hoax bomb."

• Mohamed's Sudanese father — a Muslim political activist involved in previous Muslim grievances — reportedly asked the cops to re-handcuff his son — so his daughter could take the photo that went viral.

• Mohamed tweeted: "Thank you fellow supporters. We can ban together to stop this racial inequality."

• The family's spokesperson is the Council on American-Islamic Relations, a terror-tied group that in 2006 sued US Airways for kicking several Muslim activists off a flight for behaving suspiciously and rattling passengers — a stunt that looks eerily similar.

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#33]
muslim extremist is the only issue Bill Marr is on the right side of!
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/092215-772291-did-muslim-clock-boy-perpetrate-hoax.htm

Here's the real story:

• There was no "school project" or science assignment to justify Mohamed bringing the device to school .

• Just three weeks into his freshman year, Mohamed was no "science whiz well-known by high school teachers for tinkering."

• The "clock" wasn't made from scratch but just the guts of a mass-manufactured digital clock, complete with AC cord and 9-volt backup battery connection.

• With its exposed wires and lack of a face, the gutted clock looked like a bomb. It also sounded like a bomb: The alarm was set to go off during English class; the beeping startled the teacher who called police.

• When police questioned Mohamed, he wasn't cooperative and was described as "disrespectful."

• The police chief said the device was "intended to create a level of alarm; in other words, a hoax bomb."

• Mohamed's Sudanese father — a Muslim political activist involved in previous Muslim grievances — reportedly asked the cops to re-handcuff his son — so his daughter could take the photo that went viral.

• Mohamed tweeted: "Thank you fellow supporters. We can ban together to stop this racial inequality."

• The family's spokesperson is the Council on American-Islamic Relations, a terror-tied group that in 2006 sued US Airways for kicking several Muslim activists off a flight for behaving suspiciously and rattling passengers — a stunt that looks eerily similar.

View Quote

Well those are an awful lot of inconvenient points.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#35]
You can't trust the goddamn media to not flat out lie anymore. Goebbels would be impressed with the effectiveness of the disinformation and confusion created by our media. The kid gets arrested and is painted as victim, invited to the White House, gets all kinds of doors flung open for him, and by the time the world has moved on to The Pope's visit, then it comes out that the whole fucking thing was a hoax, and only a handful of people ever find out.

You have to wait at least two weeks to find out the real story on anything anymore, if not longer.

This whole thing is a fucking setup to make Irving look bad so that they can go after the Irving Sharia Law ban like they went after the religious freedom protection law in Indiana.

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 5:39:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Sure that nerdy 14 year old kid, without dad present, didn't blab to the cops when they were about to throw him in juvie jail. Don't buy it. Wanting something to be true doesn't make it realistic.  

Who knows, maybe he'll write a book in 5 years confessing that it was a put up, whatever, I've said the same thing 8 times. People want to connect dots to get the picture they want, like his uncle's "Twin towers corporation" People bit onto that one, thinking it was something about 9-11 when he named it after the office building they were renting space in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please, I'd put big money on the fact that the father put that thing together. That boy was sticking to a script.  Hell, even Mark Cuban said as much when he talked to the kid on the phone....said it seemed like his sister was feeding him answers.

Wake up. This was a scripted event.
Sure that nerdy 14 year old kid, without dad present, didn't blab to the cops when they were about to throw him in juvie jail. Don't buy it. Wanting something to be true doesn't make it realistic.  

Who knows, maybe he'll write a book in 5 years confessing that it was a put up, whatever, I've said the same thing 8 times. People want to connect dots to get the picture they want, like his uncle's "Twin towers corporation" People bit onto that one, thinking it was something about 9-11 when he named it after the office building they were renting space in.

Aimless, you over estimate the weakness of todays teenagers.  Hell, I've had multiple teens question me over the years as to the legality and my authority of what I was doing when I have been in adversarial contacts with them.  Most kids know the juvenile system is a joke until you get maybe multiple charges or do something bad enough to be waived/bumped up to adult court.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#37]
The left wing liberal media would never spin this story from the beginning to push an agenda with the city of Irving...

Take a look at some of the previous pieces written by the blogger who broke Ahmed's story for the Dallas News.

I wonder how many reporters the Dallas News sends to the area high schools on a daily basis, looking to see who got sent to detention....
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 6:11:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

The left wing liberal media would never spin this story from the beginning to push an agenda with the city of Irving...

Take a look at some of the previous pieces written by the blogger who broke Ahmed's story for the Dallas News.

I wonder how many reporters the Dallas News sends to the area high schools on a daily basis, looking to see who got sent to detention....
View Quote

From the smell of things, I'll be the family alerted the reporter a couple days ahead of the incident.

Invented a clock in a briefcase.

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm taking my new sports drink to the next high school basketball game. Might bring a few extra to share with friends.

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 8:29:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm taking my new sports drink to the next high school basketball game. Might bring a few extra to share with friends.

http://kndu.images.worldnow.com/images/3692150_G.jpg
View Quote

Pssh... what are you smoking dude. That's CLEARLY a candle.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Wrong thread
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 9:26:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

None of your snide ranting makes a clock into a hoax bomb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
and the people defending the kid on this thread.

superior people are always superior.  even when wrong.

What if the kid made a thing he knew wasn't a bomb with the express purpose of making it look just enough like a bomb to get a rise out of his teacher & disrupt the class but not so much like a bomb that people would think it was a real bomb?  

Would that make a clock a "hoax bomb"?  After all, the kid made it with the intention of causing a ruckus rather than tricking folks into thinking it's a bomb.

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:06:12 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:16:56 PM EDT
[#46]
The little punk kid didn't make anything. At most he took apart an old clock and stuck it in a case. I would have given him an F for that little project. Instead, he gets an invite from the WH, MIT, FB and NASA. He media is also praising him like he's the next Tom Edison. It's Sickening.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:30:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

What if the kid made a thing he knew wasn't a bomb with the express purpose of making it look just enough like a bomb to get a rise out of his teacher & disrupt the class but not so much like a bomb that people would think it was a real bomb?  

Would that make a clock a "hoax bomb"?  After all, the kid made it with the intention of causing a ruckus rather than tricking folks into thinking it's a bomb.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He cannot simultaneously have made nothing and also made something threatening enough to calla hoax bomb. The fact that no charges were ultimately filed is a good indicator. The question is, should it have gotten that far?

Once competent authorities saw it was just a clock, and saw no evidence of any mods to rig some sort of blasting cap set-up, no HE, no... anything other than a clock, he should have been sent home at the worst. Maybe even detention. But cuffs? Really?

Contrary to what many have asserted in this and the other thread, nothing was ticking, this "device" was not one step away from being a bomb, it was not "half" a bomb. EOD uses x-ray equipment to see exactly what this "device" already allowed to be seen by design.

It is clear you me from my reading of the hoax bomb legislation and its use, it was put in place so people who phone in bomb threats or bring fake bombs places can still be prosecuted on a serious charge. Often, EOD can't know a device is a hoax until it's been disrupted. Hoax bombs can cause all sorts of mayhem. This was clearly not the case here.

Was he trolling for this kind of response? Again, maybe. Again, irrelevant.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:56:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
He cannot simultaneously have made nothing and also made something threatening enough to calla hoax bomb. The fact that no charges were ultimately filed is a good indicator. The question is, should it have gotten that far?

Once competent authorities saw it was just a clock, and saw no evidence of any mods to rig some sort of blasting cap set-up, no HE, no... anything other than a clock, he should have been sent home at the worst. Maybe even detention. But cuffs? Really?

Contrary to what many have asserted in this and the other thread, nothing was ticking, this "device" was not one step away from being a bomb, it was not "half" a bomb. EOD uses x-ray equipment to see exactly what this "device" already allowed to be seen by design.

It is clear you me from my reading of the hoax bomb legislation and its use, it was put in place so people who phone in bomb threats or bring fake bombs places can still be prosecuted on a serious charge. Often, EOD can't know a device is a hoax until it's been disrupted. Hoax bombs can cause all sorts of mayhem. This was clearly not the case here.

View Quote

If he was trolling to get a response to his fake bomb, which he clearly got, how is it irrelevant according to the law?

Maybe he should have made it look more like this.

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:59:26 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So says the Chief Defender of Their Faith.

You never fail to disappoint, which is so disappointing.

Link Posted: 10/16/2015 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top