Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2015 7:46:39 AM EDT
Some pretty cool shit.

BOOM!

Make sure you set the video to 1080P HD.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#1]
a political demonstration but a fascinating one.

90 foot fucking fast rope!

fuck that shit.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:17:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I liked working with the ROK Army. They were great.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:21:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Now that was cool!  
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:25:03 AM EDT
[#4]
South Korea best Korea
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:38:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:47:35 AM EDT
[#6]
wow, now that is what I call a real shooting range.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:26:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I like how they blew up the target that looked like a hospital. Kill the enemy wherever they're at
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#8]
HOLY SHIT! I thought they had already retired the last phantoms.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:27:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
wow, now that is what I call a real shooting range.
View Quote

Would love to be a spectator at something like this.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:32:59 PM EDT
[#10]
90 foot fucking fast rope!

fuck that shit.
View Quote

First thing I thought as well!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Not being particularly knowledgeable on the subject of modern military technology, strategy or tactics, I gotta ask:

It would appear that on the modern battlefield, quite a bit hurt can be delivered both quickly and accurately.

In light of this, in a reasonably evenly-matched, conventional conflict, how does one... win?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
South Korea best Korea
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:38:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not being particularly knowledgeable on the subject of modern military technology, strategy or tactics, I gotta ask:
It would appear that on the modern battlefield, quite a bit hurt can be delivered both quickly and accurately.
In light of this, in a reasonably evenly-matched, conventional conflict, how does one... win?
View Quote

Most efforts are along the lines of "Take out his HurtDeliverySystems first".  If his aircraft are pummeling your ground forces while your aircraft are pummeling his ground forces, you've done something wrong.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Out last the other guy. Wars of maneuver will quickly turn into wars of attrition, as the weaponry, ground and air, are just too effective and the rapid movement means exploiting a breakthrough is hard as counter attacks can happen fast. Basically, whoever runs out of the good equipment first, they lose. In the mean time, a shit load of highly trained officers, NCOs and soldiers will be dead on both sides, and a lot of money lost.

Read Red Storm Rising, a pretty entertaining and descriptive fictional account of a hot war between NATO and the Warsaw Pact, minus nukes or chemical weapons.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Out last the other guy. Wars of maneuver will quickly turn into wars of attrition, as the weaponry, ground and air, are just too effective and the rapid movement means exploiting a breakthrough is hard as counter attacks can happen fast. Basically, whoever runs out of the good equipment first, they lose. In the mean time, a shit load of highly trained officers, NCOs and soldiers will be dead on both sides, and a lot of money lost.

Read Red Storm Rising, a pretty entertaining and descriptive fictional account of a hot war between NATO and the Warsaw Pact, minus nukes or chemical weapons.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also "Team Yankee."
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

maneuver trumps firepower for obvious reasons.  

The objective is to "find, fix and destroy."  How you "fix" the enemy is somewhat a mystery.  In the case of delivering that much firepower in a small area you have to have reserves to counter attack the force that exploits that area because the force there is either going to be annihilated, or, more likely, they will withdraw.

The clash of mass between equal powers is not of concern to the US simply because of nuclear weapons.  arguably the same is true in the korean peninsula.  if SK massed that much combat power in a 2 square mile area, would NK use a nuke to wipe it out?  

Who knows?  and thats the point of deterrence.  Mitigating risk on a possible nuclear battlefield is why the army developed the pentomic division.

its a tactical paradox.  you must mass force at the decisive point, but you cannot mass it to the point that you invite the use of unconventional weapons to wipe it out.

that paradox reigns supreme in our Korean scenarios.  It will become an issue in the middle east very soon with an upcoming nuclear iran.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Also "Team Yankee."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also "Team Yankee."

Yeah, that was a pretty good book too. I used to love military techno thrillers, they painted a pretty decent picture of what a high intensity maneuver war would look like. Larry Bond actually did one about a NK invasion of SK, called Red Phoenix.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top