Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/3/2015 10:04:09 PM EDT
Broken hearts don't count.

Best scar and story.  

My eyelid was blown off with a bottle rocket when I was 3.  They sewed it back on.

It was the first time my mom and dad ever left me over night.   They went camping, and left me with my grandmother and aunt.  They were lighting bottle rockets in the driveway, and I ran out and leaned over one.

Go
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:04:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#2]
When I was about 8, I rolled down a hill while camping.

Got a sharp rock embedded in my left kneecap.

ER doc had to dig all the dirt and rock bits out of my knee before sewing it up.

And, I could NOT go swimming the whole camping trip.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:07:55 PM EDT
[#3]
21" Stihl to the inside crease of my left elbow when I was seven years old. 20 stitches total.

ETA: No nerve damage, somehow.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:08:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#5]
The one from the port they put in my chest for chemo.

It's really the only scar I have.

I'm just lucky like that.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:09:26 PM EDT
[#6]
My family is 1/2 made up of extremely white people.  So when we go to the beach, I put up a wenzel canopy to keep them in shade.  Well, you can't use 6" tent spikes in 12" loose sand, so I bought some 2' galvanized rods to pound into the sand with a hammer.  Doing so bent the end of  the rod over like a razor sharp mushroom.

Dragged my shin and the side of my calf across a rod on accident.  Cut a 6" valley down to the bone and sinew.  I knew it was not good, but was too afraid to look.  So I set out to the water to wash it out and encountered this mother and her son--she made her son turn his head, so I knew it was bad.  

I got in the water to clean it out and there was an immediate cloud of blood (looked like a shark attack)--stupid given that flesh eating bacteria is present.  Needed stitches, didn't get them because it was day 2 of a 7 day trip.  Instead had the wife clean it out with alcohol (holy mother of God) and then applied two full bottles of liquid band-aid.  Again, very stupid--that stuff is made for paper cuts not 6" x 1" wide gouges.

Came back to find out I was laid off from work and then had to have the liquid band aid scraped off with a scalpel because it wasn't allowing my leg to heal.

Lucky to have my leg after all of that, could have turned out much differently.

It was a banner week.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:11:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Missing index finger.  Full amputation.

Table saw, Superbowl Sunday 1987.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:11:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Triple CABG, seven years ago tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:11:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a 1" scar on my forehead above my left eye. I call it the "coat hanger scratch".

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:12:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Had my guts taken out last year.  Ruined my bikini line.

Edit:  If you anger me, I will post a picture.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:12:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Knee surgeries.

ACL on the right knee, patella on the left.

I don't run much.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Circumcision. Want to see it?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Horse shoe shaped scar on my head, roughly the size of a real horse shoe. Broke my skull falling down some stairs as a child.

I also have scars on both elbows that look like centipedes, roughly 2.5-3 inches long, from synovectmy's and radial head resections.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:13:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:14:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Somebody beat me with the circumcision joke already.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:16:01 PM EDT
[#16]
The seven inch life long half inch wide running slantwise down my sternum.  Nonsafety plate glass door at age six.
Or the silver dollar sized one on the inside of my left ankle from a bicycle wheel.
Or the half inch long stab wound in my right arm.
Or the ugly one on my calf from a broken bottle.
There are so many to choose from.
I guess the best is on the left hand where I had my thumb reattached.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#17]
From  my vasectomy
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:17:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I was stabbed in the arm during a fight when I was 18. It went all the way through. I lost 7 pints of blood by the time we made it to the ER and I was pretty close to dying. The scar from opening it up to fix all the damage is huge and nasty. 27 staples and not sure how many stitches, and there was a tube for drainage for a while.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:18:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Belly button to cawk to have half my large intestine taken out
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:19:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Does an amputation count?

Leaving work in 1995, I got onto my CB900F to ride home. Barely out of the parking lot I got t-boned by a drunk driver in a early 60's El Camino. The bike, my right leg, and my helmet were all casualties.

m
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:20:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Cut my leg on a license plate about 15 years ago. Needed 20 stitches. I could see my shin bone when I was sitting on the table in the ER.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Man, I couldn't pick just one.

Seriously.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#23]

My right leg between the knee and ankle

I was roller skating down a hill and fell, skidding on the left leg.  Huge road rash and a scab knee to ankle.

It's really not a scar, but no hair grows there

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:22:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Probably the cirrhosis
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:23:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Mountain bike spoke to the right calf
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Pinky 1/4" shorter than it started. Decent ankle scar with nerve damage from large chunk of glass. My shins are pretty much a solid scar from skateboarding.

Many broken bones but no scars from those.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I went through a glass door when I was in high school.

144 stitches, 10 different scars, one less than 1 inch from my left eye.

They are mostly gone now, except for the knuckle at the base of my right ring finger, where the tendon has a tiny stainless steel wire in it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:28:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

FPNI
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FPNI

This.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:30:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

From what I was told then, it's been a free ride.

When I asked one guy "How much longer would I have been walking around, he said "Not very."

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:32:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Putting up camo netting over our tank out at 29 Palms, windy day blows down on the net and spreader, bends the fiberglass pole that then breaks and stabs me in the back, left side of my head. Blood spurting all over the desert and driver runs to panic the Corpsmen by yelling that he thought I was dead. By the time they got over to me my tank commander had pressure on the wound and we were joking about it. Wound up with 6 subcutaneous stitches and 7 on top. Numbing ran out while they were cleaning the wound out at the field hospital and I got to wince through the stitches.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:33:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Axe to the shin. 16 stitches. Wondered what the white thing was in the cut, turned out it was my shin bone haha
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:33:40 PM EDT
[#32]
stab wound in the leg...story..just being stupid.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#33]
When I was like in first grade or so I had a suction cup bow.  Found a real arrow in the woods.  Shot it into a tree w my tiny bow that was meant to shoot suction cup arrows... The real arrow bounced back at me slicing though my pants and cut my ball sack open.  I can post pics of the scar!!!

The worst actually is prob from detaching my bottom lip.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:36:42 PM EDT
[#34]
One of these I'd say.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:37:52 PM EDT
[#35]
well theres my chainsaw incident which left me with no feeling in the finger tips of my left middle and ring fingers or the incident which exposed bone on my left ankle
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:39:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Aluminum baseball bat to the forehead.  17 stitches.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:40:01 PM EDT
[#37]
I have had both knees replaced.  The scars are about 8" long right over the knee cap.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:41:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Besides pacer scar/s (since age 21) , scar from knife going thru tip of finger,

prob knife wound in thigh.

Chicks gotta check it out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:42:08 PM EDT
[#39]
I stuck my hand through a glass window skateboarding.  Perfect Nike logo cut.  Upside down, it's a Newport cigarette logo.

Eta: i was a Jackass before my time.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:43:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I've handled a good number of sharks in my lifetime and have gotten a bit complacent while attempting to land them while grabbing the upper lobe of their caudal fin and dragging them up on the sand. 

This summer Murphy's Law struck while I was assisting a friend with his Lemon shark in calf deep water. As soon as I touched her tail, she turned around as quick as lightning and her teeth cut me to the bone on my shin. It was so quick I had no time to react.

Be careful landing these sharks because this one wasn't huge only 65" and it's teeth was able to inflict nasty gashes. This is possibly the worst size of lemon shark to deal with. They are quick as lighting and very flexible. They are not 'held' down by their own weight and they tend to come to the beach very green as they do not have the power to fight for more than a few minutes on appropriate gear. I should have gotten stitches but chicks dig scars.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:44:07 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't know the story,  but I can only assume that the doctor who performed my circumcision as a child suffered from tremors.

Took many years before I started to think "WTF. . ."
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:45:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Mountain biking. Chain came off as I was pedaling.
Foot slipped and calf was opened up by the sprocket.
About 3 inches long, and opened wide about 2.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:45:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
One of these I'd say.

<a href="http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/sabroso1/media/IMG_5222_zpsusbotl0y.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb358/sabroso1/IMG_5222_zpsusbotl0y.jpg</a>
View Quote

Good ones.  Story?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I don't know the story,  but I can only assume that the doctor who performed my circumcision as a child suffered from tremors.

View Quote

It probably was just a hobby for him and he only worked for tips...

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:45:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Left index toe amputated. Couple nice burn scars. Scars on face from fighting. Left leg had about 100 something stitches. Combination of bad luck and stupidity from my younger years, ive gotten a little smarter since.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:45:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Well, I have a few to share. One is from a knife and that one is located on the outside of my left calf. I was younger and dropped a very sharp box cutter and it made its way down my leg. I chose not to tell anyone until it was too late for stitches. It left a nice deep gash in my leg and I still have a really deep scar from it. The other was when I was about 18. I did a tree job for my ex girlfriends parents. Her father and brother were supposed to lower a limb slowly to the ground after I had them wrap it around the tree. Well that didn't happen and they let go of the rope. The limb swung back toward me and landed on my saw. The saw went straight into my knee. That one cost me $30,000 and left me with a decent scar covering most of my left knee. It still hurts to this day
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:45:57 PM EDT
[#48]
None of mine are very big.

~6 years old, playing on an old swing set in the backyard - those hanging rings on chains.  Was swinging sideways instead of back and forth.  Right side of my face hit the upright supporting pole, there happened to be a bolt sticking out there, maybe 3/4" long.  127 stitches in five layers to close the hole in my cheek.  Its only about 1" long - I still can't feel a big part of that side of my cheek.

~8 years old - You know when you're a kid riding a bike, and occasionally the chain comes off the sprocket?  Was always easiest to flip the bike upside down, hook the chain on one tooth of the sprocket and then turn the pedal with your hand to get the rest?  Wasn't paying attention once, and my left index finger was in the way.  One of the teeth went right into my finger just above the nail bed.  That bike had pedal brakes, so I couldn't push the pedal backwards to get my finger out from in between the chain and sprocket.  Ended up pushing it all the way around.  Took only two stitches to close the hole, about 8 hours after it happened since nothing else would get it to stop bleeding.  That finger nail still has a ridge in it from screwing up the nail bed.

~14 years old, playing indoor soccer.  I jumped up to head butt a ball, so did another guy.  We bashed heads pretty good.  Laughed about it for a second - didn't think much of it.  Started moving away to keep playing, when I felt a warm / wet sensation on the side of my face.  Reached up to touch it - saw blood.  We were in a different school, visiting our 1st grader 'pan pals' - so I didn't know where the bathroom was to get some tissue.  Grabbed my face, walked over to where the teachers were talking.  They were not facing me and talking with each other so I waited patiently for them to stop.  Since their conversation seemed long, I leaned over to the side to kind of get their attention - and they screamed.  Turns out the bathroom was on the wall in front of them where I couldn't see.  Was only 17 stitches - but damn your head bleeds a lot.  I left a trail from where it happened all the way to the bathroom, that was dripping off my elbow.

Smaller ones include 8 stitches under my chin from getting high sticked in hockey.  4 stitches in between my left middle and index finger knuckles from the tip of a metal pallet band that just caught my skin when I cut the band open.  I had 4 stitches between
my top lip and my gums - something about playing with a popsicle stick in my mouth that I don't remember (very young).  Small spot on the back of my head that was cut with a random piece of glass falling during recess.  I also have one spot in each of my eyebrows where they don't grow - but I cannot recall what either of those are from anymore.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:46:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
One of these I'd say.

<a href="http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/sabroso1/media/IMG_5222_zpsusbotl0y.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb358/sabroso1/IMG_5222_zpsusbotl0y.jpg</a>
View Quote

What caused the injuries?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He got the tip all right. . .
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top