Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/3/2015 6:08:52 PM EDT
somebody could come along this Saturday?

Am I about to find out why he and his wife are getting a divorce?

I think I am.

What's the move here?  Play dumb say yes and let this train wreck unfold?

I'm not really friends with him.  He is not a gun guy. He's a "couples" friend. I wouldn't hang out with him other than the fact that "we" sort of hang out with "them" because "they" are close, our kids are the same age and get along well.

ETA: For background, he and his wife are still living together and haven't filed any PW.  They have just determined that they're done within the past two weeks or so.  Came out of nowhere.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a bad situation to get yourself into. I personally would not take him shooting if I wasn't very close with him.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Have sex with his x wife
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sounds like a bad situation to get yourself into. I personally would not take him shooting if I wasn't very close with him.
View Quote

I'll be armed and I ran ranges with shooters at the lowest end of the gene pool an ASVAB waiver can get enlisted.

I'll be fine.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the "third" bringing their own ammo/firearms/targets/PPE? or are you expected to provide?

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:13:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Ask him if it is a GF. If he says yes tell him you aren't comfortable with her being there as it might put you in an awkward position (heh dirty minded people make your own joke).

If he is a good guy he will understand, if he pitches a fit he ain't worth having around.

ETA: actually I wouldn't ask if it is a GF, I would just ask if it was a female friend. Then you have plausible deniability that he doesn't have a GF.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Have sex with his x wife
View Quote

They are still married and still living in the same house.  Dude does have a rep for "never being home."
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, no.

Fuck that guy.

I don't have the time for drama from people I don't know.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Take him shooting, it might be quality entertainment on many levels.

Oh and we will need pics.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:14:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Have sex with his x wife
View Quote

Unless he thinks primuspilum was sleeping with her already.
Could be the set up for a "tragic shooting accident" with a witness!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Is the "third" bringing their own ammo/firearms/targets/PPE? or are you expected to provide?

View Quote

I don't know who the "third" is; this is just conjecture.

I'm assuming I'm providing anything we need.  They don't even know the basics of gun etiquette yet.

I'm sure I'll get an offer from him to pay for lunch afterwards.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'll be armed and I ran ranges with shooters at the lowest end of the gene pool an ASVAB waiver can get enlisted.

I'll be fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be fine.

Famous last words.....

I would avoid the situation sounds like it could all go south and you and him get left somewhere or you have to testify in court as a witness to a future Oxygen show.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Have sex with his x wife

I am quite a hottie for a bald middle aged guy, so you never know.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:16:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe his friend is "new Army", and you can tell them both about the welcoming diversified environment we have for "new Army" couples here @ ARFCOM.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:17:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Any reason to think he is bringing his GF along? I'm thinking he is just wanting to bring another friend along who wants to go shooting. People I invite shooting frequently want to bring along another one of their buddies.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Famous last words.....

I would avoid the situation sounds like it could all go south and you and him get left somewhere or you have to testify in court as a witness to a future Oxygen show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll be fine.

Famous last words.....

It's a saturday at a private club range on labor day weekend.  It will be crowded and I am a celebrity at my range.

I'll be fine.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#16]
You should bring paper plates.  Or maybe some imitation crab meat.  You never know.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Any reason to think he is bringing his GF along? I'm thinking he is just wanting to bring another friend along who wants to go shooting. People I invite shooting frequently want to bring along another one of their buddies.
View Quote

The purposeful use of gender neutral language.  It read weird enough where I was like, this is a chick.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I think I am.

I'm not really friends with him.  He is not a gun guy. He's a "couples" friend. I wouldn't hang out with him other than the fact that "we" sort of hang out with "them" because "they" are close, our kids are the same age and get along well.
View Quote

Not your train wreck and nothing you can do about it anyway but watch.

Just pretend it's like any other day here in GD, and enjoy!

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'll be fine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be fine.

That's some sig-line gold right there.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The purposeful use of gender neutral language.  It read weird enough where I was like, this is a chick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps it's a tranny. They're out there. And some of em shoot.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, be sure and take pics, so we can judge how stupid the guy is or isn't
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#22]
if they are getting divorced amically and drama free whats the big deal. Some people are better off going their own ways.  anyways i would not care if he brought his GF. your just going shooting not clubbing
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Have him bring the friend if for no other reason than the lols.
Like you said, your not close. Judge his new GF against his X.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Have you ever been dragged into the middle of a "friend's" divorce before?

Unless you are really good friends with one of them, I would stay out and do nothing with them.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:28:56 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm confused.  He wants a 3rd person to go?  Is this his on-the-side?

ETA: Answered.  

Yeesh.  I don't think I would get in to the middle of it, if he's bringing someone the wife would not approve of...
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#27]
I would ask him who it is first.

Be upfront with him. Since he is not a really good friend, if you piss him off, no big loss.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I think I am.

View Quote

There is your answer. I personally wouldn't get involved.  

I was dating a girl and one of her church friends had something happen like this. Her friends husband tried to befriend me and I told him "my dick won't suck itself" and he understood not to contact me again. GF wasn't too happy with my choice of words out in the church parking lot.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Make sure you bring paper plates..
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:36:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I was dating a girl and one of her church friends had something happen like this. Her friends husband tried to befriend me and I told him "my dick won't suck itself" and he understood not to contact me again. GF wasn't too happy with my choice of words out in the church parking lot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I am.

Went from "cool story bro" to
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#31]
"sure, if that someone is male, he brings his own ammo and you're not fucking him"
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I'll be fine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll be fine.

Chris Kyle
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

It's a saturday at a private club range on labor day weekend.  It will be crowded and I am a celebrity at my range.
I'll be fine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll be fine.

Famous last words.....

I'll be fine.

It's that spiffy hat, innit?

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yeah, no.

Fuck that guy.

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I am.

Exactly !!
Why would you even consider a meet and greet in a situation that you must already feel uncomfortable with ??
Have you told your bride what may occur ??  If not, then you may be on a road you don't want to go down..................................  

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:41:11 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Have you ever been dragged into the middle of a "friend's" divorce before?

Unless you are really good friends with one of them, I would stay out and do nothing with them.
View Quote

I'm not vested in it at all, so there's no "middle" for me to be in.

And, for the record, it is possible, I guess, that I am reading this situation wrong.  Could just be a buddy.  I tend to be skeptical and think the worst, reflexively.

Actually, Primus has been known to make mistakes.

From time to time.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll be fine.

Famous last words.....

I'll be fine.

I am 10x more awesome and witty in person then I am on the internet.

And humble too.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Tell him the other shooter needs to provide Gas, Brass or Ass...  Nobody Shoots for Free....

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'll be fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be fine.

I was more worried about the other guy killing himself with your gun. But then again he is
bringing a friend.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#41]
I'd just say "hey...this is me and you going shooting...not comfortable with anyone else coming along"...
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:46:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Maybe just ask him who he's bringing
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#43]

I take new friends or novice shooters shooting about once a year. I tell em up front its just them, no friends or  mothers or anyone else.  If they ask later if they can bring so-in-so, I cancel the whole affair.

I'm a celebrity dick like that at my private range.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:48:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You may be about to discover that they're getting divorced because the dude is gay.  He's gonna show up with his boyfriend.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Do it!  So many excellent directions it could go.  None could make you look bad since you actually didn't know he was bringing a chick, if thats who he actually brings.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#46]
If you weren't visiting with his future ex wife I don't see an issue, you're not part of the equation.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#47]
I say go for it.  Trains wrecks are fun to watch
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Yeah, no.

Fuck that guy.

View Quote
This

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

This  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, no.

Fuck that guy.

This  

Let me break it down for you:

Tragedy - Me = Comedy
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Chris Kyle
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be fine.

Chris Kyle

Hay, he a legend there
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top