Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:47:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stupid move

He played right into the GOP on this one

Very disappointed, thought Trump was smarter than that
View Quote

I'm guessing Trump is smarter than we realize, and smarter than we are.
Let's just see how it plays out.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
2)  I've said it for a while, and I'll keep saying it.  Trump's value to me is not Trump himself.  It's his ability to break the GOP-e.  I'm willing to tolerate a lot of bullshit from him in order to achieve that goal.

This

http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/conservative-quote.jpg

Nice.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:53:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Stupid move

View Quote

Not really.  That pledge is just that, a meaningless pledge.  The Republicans have a history of ignoring it and people that violate it get welcomed right back in.  Case in point, Scott York of the Loudoun County, Virginia Board of Supervisors.  It's not worth the ink used to print it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Circle circle dot dot now you have your cooties shot.

That's all this hokum is.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Oooh, nice reference.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

what are the penalties for not honoring this agreement?

I ask, because that's the exact same question Trump is asking himself right now

A black & white campaign ad with a concerned voice speaking over a bed of ominous music.

A little girl picking the petals off a daisy

Oooh, nice reference.

That makes me either smart or old
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:08:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well, there's that whole integrity thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing says he has to honor it....especially if they try underhanded tactics to oust him

If they reneg on their end of the deal (using underhanded tactics, etc), I wouldn't even say it would be unethical for him to run 3rd party.

If they screw him first, he's under no ethical obligation to honor a deal that's already essentially been ripped up.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Now they should really be worried. The gloves will come off
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#9]
If Trump continues his present level of support, he'll force the Republicrats to break their end of the agreement.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If Trump continues his present level of support, he'll force the Republicrats to break their end of the agreement.
View Quote

I suspect they're already conspiring to do just that.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

what are the penalties for not honoring this agreement?

I ask, because that's the exact same question Trump is asking himself right now
View Quote

This.  Knows the GOPe has no balls. What are they going to do-he has emasculated them?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

GOP will likely never let him win the nomination. They will do anything including  brokered convention

But before, Trump held third party threat in his cards to destroy the GOP if they try to pull that crap

Now he has to openly endorse whoever the GOP chooses
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This can work both ways. If Trump wins the nomination it will prevent the GOP from running Jeb third party to throw the election for Hillary.

GOP will likely never let him win the nomination. They will do anything including  brokered convention

But before, Trump held third party threat in his cards to destroy the GOP if they try to pull that crap

A brokered convention where the winner of the majority of Primaries didn't get the nomination would be the absolute end of the GOP.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

A brokered convention where the winner of the majority of Primaries didn't get the nomination would be the absolute end of the GOP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This can work both ways. If Trump wins the nomination it will prevent the GOP from running Jeb third party to throw the election for Hillary.

Yup...and the Dems would play it to the hilt...
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yeah, actual primary elections and caucuses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really see nothing on the horizon that will knock it back. Something I'm missing?

LOL....Swing and a miss.

If statist Trump prognosticators were pro baseball players they would have been sent to the minors some time ago.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Did the RNC hide ballots or something? Get dead people to vote for non-Tea Party Republicans?

Last I checked, every Republican candidate that won or lost his or her primary last time around, did so fair and square.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because of what they did to the Tea Party during the last primaries.  I haven't forgot.  You apparently have.

Did the RNC hide ballots or something? Get dead people to vote for non-Tea Party Republicans?

Last I checked, every Republican candidate that won or lost his or her primary last time around, did so fair and square.

Thad.
Chochran.

Not what I'd call "fair and square."
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thad.
Chochran.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because of what they did to the Tea Party during the last primaries.  I haven't forgot.  You apparently have.

Thad.
Chochran.

Refresh my memory.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

LOL....Swing and a miss.

If statist Trump prognosticators were pro baseball players they would have been sent to the minors some time ago.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really see nothing on the horizon that will knock it back. Something I'm missing?

LOL....Swing and a miss.

I'm a statist now? This is where we're at?

Anyway, hit me up the second week in February. I don't mind eating crow. But I ain't too worried about it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Refresh my memory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thad.
Chochran.

Refresh my memory.

The real conservative guy who beat him in the primary didn't "win by enough" in a three or four way race.  Runoff!!  Court Democrats to vote for Cochran in the R primary.

That reeks of sleaze to me.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing says he has to honor it....especially if they try underhanded tactics to oust him

Dude, they have "principles", don't you know...
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Smart guy, Trump!!  

All the other candidates have pledged to support him.  That'll come in handy after Trump's won the nomination.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:40:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, who cares...its a piece of paper. There are no real sanctions if he doesn't honor it...

I think he expects he can win, and if they try BS to push him out, he will come out and say FU RNC, you wanna fuck with me, I will not honor my pledge to a bunch of dishonorable turds...and then consider a third party run.

Unless someone worthwhile looks like they can get it, I don't care...if they foist JEB on us, fuck them...JEB is a piece of shit. For the most part I liked his father, although he fucked up badly with read my lips....W...I loved him his first term, thought he generally sucked in his second, became a total typical Republican wimp....but JEB...fuck him, he sucks donkey balls...

If it were between JEB and Trump, I'd go with Trump all day long...
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#23]
meh

its not like he is going to lose the nomination.

if he does its going to be fairly blatant, or his secret server is found.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Guys,

This isn't him giving in.  He is forcing the GOP's hand.

If the GOP rigs the process and circumvents Trump's popularity by handing the nomination to Jeb, the GOP loses all credibility.  Then, Trump can bail, because the GOP did not create that pledge in good faith.

If Trump is the GOP candidate, he gets all of that campaign money and garners the support of those other GOP candidates, including Jeb who is looking like an idiot trying to simply make Trump look bad by picking apart Twitter posts instead of focusing on his own message.

The pledge is ridiculous.   However, signing the pledge was the best decision for Trump because it provides a no-lose situation.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Smart guy, Trump!!  

All the other candidates have pledged to support him.  That'll come in handy after Trump's won the nomination.  
View Quote

I'd bet good money that they won't.  Same if Cruz wins the nomination.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:54:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Guys,

If the GOP rigs the process and circumvents Trump's popularity by handing the nomination to Jeb, the GOP loses all credibility.  Then, Trump can bail, because the GOP did not create that pledge in good faith.

If Trump is the GOP candidate, he gets all of that campaign money and garners the support of those other GOP candidates, including Jeb who is looking like an idiot trying to simply make Trump look bad by picking apart Twitter posts instead of focusing on his own message.

The pledge is ridiculous.   However, signing the pledge was the best decision for Trump because it provides a no-lose situation.
View Quote

Seems like a reasonable analysis.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:58:58 PM EDT
[#27]
The Dems just sharted their pantsuits.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:01:41 PM EDT
[#28]

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

Whatcha all worried about? Trump is dominating in every poll.

Trump 2016.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
They were setting him up not to sign it and he just stole their thunder from future campaign attacks.  Smart move.

You just know the RNC is kicking the dirt right now.
View Quote

I think I have to agree with this. He stole their thunder and now have them scratching their heads. Jeb tries to attack the guy and people are like shut up Jeb we don't care.

I'm starting to think maybe he's for real now. At first I though he was being a joke and just wanted his name in lights and he may have felt that way until he started to see how popular he is and maybe started to think. I have all this money. I can buy what I want, go where I want but how many people can say they've been the leader of the most powerful country in the world.

At some point when you've mastered what you do, you need a new real challenge. I think that's where Trump is.
Either way I'm enjoying seeing both sides of the aisle getting slapped around.This is probably the most amusing election I've seen.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:20:22 PM EDT
[#30]
So here's how it works in Trump's mind, in case anyone hasn't figured it out yet:

"The people love me.... it's fantastic, you should see it. Seriously. And I'm killing in the polls. No really... did you see the New York Times today? If for some reason I *don't* get the nomination, it's because the RNC torpedoed me. That's the only way I won't win. By the way...have you ever met Reince Priebus. He really is a terrible man. Terrible. I've never been a fan. And what's up with that name? I think it means "Rinse Pubes" in durka or something. Anyway, if I don't win the nomination it can only be because the RNC torpedoed me, so I'll sue 'em for $500,000,000 for breaking the contract and I'll run independent. It will be tremendous. Really fantastic."
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#31]

Who uses a sharpie to sign a document?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So here's how it works in Trump's mind, in case anyone hasn't figured it out yet:

"The people love me.... it's fantastic, you should see it. Seriously. And I'm killing in the polls. No really... check it out. If for some reason I *don't* get the nomination, it's because the RNC torpedoed me. That's the only way I won't win. By the way...have you ever met Reince Priebus. He really is a terrible man. Terrible. I've never been a fan. And what's up with that name? I think it means "Rinse Pubes" in durka or something. Anyway, if I don't win the nomination it can only be because the RNC torpedoed me, so I'll sue 'em for $500,000,000 for breaking the contract and I'll run independent. It will be tremendous. Really fantastic."
View Quote

That is even more halarious becauae its so true. Read it in Donald's voice and its hysterical.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Stupid move

View Quote

FFS, who cares?

His threat to run 3rd party was a temper tantrum that would have handed the presidency to the next democrat Hitler, and handed it over on a silver platter.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:28:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

"The people love me.... it's fantastic, you should see it. Seriously. And I'm killing in the polls. No really... check it out. If for some reason I *don't* get the nomination, it's because the RNC torpedoed me. That's the only way I won't win. By the way...have you ever met Reince Priebus. He really is a terrible man. Terrible. I've never been a fan. And what's up with that name? I think it means "Rinse Pubes" in durka or something. Anyway, if I don't win the nomination it can only be because the RNC torpedoed me, so I'll sue 'em for $500,000,000 for breaking the contract and I'll run independent. It will be tremendous. Really fantastic."
View Quote

That's classic!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:28:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Guys,

View Quote

The more I think it through the better it sounds
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Awesome.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

Billionaires
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Trump never had any intentions of running as a third party candidate.  This is a smart move on his part.  He's called the GOP's hand.

Now they have to play ball with him.    
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Smart move, an Independent will not win in modern America.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

someone who wants his signature seen on camera w/o having to zoom on it...

its not the Declaration Of Independence FFS....
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

If John Hancock had a Sharpie, he woulda used it though.

Amirite?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Amirite?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amirite?

That cotton candy combover is swooping a different direction every time I see it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#43]
SOMEONE POST A LINK IN THE OP
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That is even more halarious becauae its so true. Read it in Donald's voice and its hysterical.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Actually, signing that agreement helps further legitimize Donald Trump's candidacy, provides him with more free publicity, deflates the arguments of his detractors, ensures both the party's and other candiates' support should he win, and moves him closer to the Republican Party Nomination.

Trump has outmaneuverd the GOPe once again.

It's damn well near impossible to apply a negative spin to this;  so what, exactly, is so hysterically funny ?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He signed the agreement with the RNC not to run 3rd party.

Actually, signing that agreement helps further legitimize Donald Trump's candidacy, provides him with more free publicity, deflates the arguments of his detractors, ensures both the party's and other candiates' support should he win, and moves him closer to the Republican Party Nomination.

Trump has outmaneuverd the GOPe once again.

It's damn well near impossible to apply a negative spin to this;  so what, exactly, is so hysterically funny ?

That anybody believes he would honor the agreement if push comes to shove. He is a lying sack of shit. It was a smart move on his part, but anybody who believes him deserves being double crossed.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Did you not read to the end?

The bit that really pissed people off was the proposal (passed on a decidedly debatable voice vote) that the party can change rules in between conferences.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/08/29/rules-change-sparks-grassroots-boos-at-gop-convention.html

Yeah, that was pretty questionable... but in the end, the sides negotiated a compromise which stated delegates will vote for the candidate they were chosen (by the voters) to vote for... The HORROR!

Did you not read to the end?

The bit that really pissed people off was the proposal (passed on a decidedly debatable voice vote) that the party can change rules in between conferences.

Yes I read it and said it was highly questionable to change the rules midway, and both sides agreed to a compromise which stated delegates would vote for who they were pledged to. That's the whole fucking point of delegates. You can't have 50 million people at a nominating convention. So you have 50 million people pick representatives to the convention that will act as your voice. They damn well should vote for who the state voted for in the primary or caucus.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If, legally speaking, Donald Trump wasn't squeaky clean, considering the number of extremely powerful enemies he's made including THE CLINTONS;  he'd have been outed by the media and destroyed long before this point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure I picture Trump running third party. He can't win and I think he's more concerned with winning or losing in life v. losing for sure to prove a point or act as a spoiler

He'll bow out.  Secret Service detail following him everywhere in earshot of his highly questionable business deals would cramp his style.
Trump would probably be a lot more boring than clinton would be as first hustband lol  

If, legally speaking, Donald Trump wasn't squeaky clean, considering the number of extremely powerful enemies he's made including THE CLINTONS;  he'd have been outed by the media and destroyed long before this point.

Squeaky clean? Boy you really are not familiar with how this works. They are all dirty, the reason they don't go after eachother legally is because of blowback. Everybody has dirt on everybody. People go after Trump, Trump turns on them. Look at New York State. Preet goes after Silver, Silver turns on Skelos, it's believed both are turning on Cuomo as we speak. It's mutually assured destruction that saves them and keeps them from truly going after one another.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
He signed the agreement with the RNC not to run 3rd party.
View Quote

Trump is a business man he knows he has no chance at the rnc or as an independent.  

So he will sell his supporters To who whoever gives him the most cash.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

"The people love me.... it's fantastic, you should see it. Seriously. And I'm killing in the polls. No really... did you see the New York Times today? If for some reason I *don't* get the nomination, it's because the RNC torpedoed me. That's the only way I won't win. By the way...have you ever met Reince Priebus. He really is a terrible man. Terrible. I've never been a fan. And what's up with that name? I think it means "Rinse Pubes" in durka or something. Anyway, if I don't win the nomination it can only be because the RNC torpedoed me, so I'll sue 'em for $500,000,000 for breaking the contract and I'll run independent. It will be tremendous. Really fantastic."
View Quote

You sir, have channeled The Donald.

It's like twins, separated at birth.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

You know he once sued a reporter for stating he isn't worth what he claims he is?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top