Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:49:35 PM EDT
[#1]
The OP is wrong on just about everything he posted.  I don't even know where to start.  He probably didn't even see Star Wars in the theater in 1977.  The fact that he is even acknowledging the prequels exist discredits anything he says.  Just to point out the obvious, the Rebellion wasn't made up of Jedi.  The poll is flawed from the very start.

On another note, the Boba Fett color scheme painted rifles are awesome.  I now have to have one.

ETA: A Jedi would have seen page 5 coming.  Apparently, I am not a Jedi.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont really know any of the story but its hard to say the Empire are the good guys when they have people like Vader who kill their own people.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I dont really know any of the story but its hard to say the Empire are the good guys when they have people like Vader who kill their own people.
View Quote
His own people? Vader was like Martin Luther except instead of nailing something to a church door. He nailed the assholes that brainwashed children to the wall.

Oh, but he killed kids! The horror!

No different than the kids ISIS brainwashes and strap bombs on to. A kid with an AK and suicide vest is just as dangerous as an adult. Same with younglings and lightsabers.

If he could've saved those kids he would have. But he knew the years of deprogramming that would be needed, the fact that they'd never readjust to function in normal society. That they'd never release the horrific teachings.... he knew it was better to spare them that pain and end their lives.

Vader saved people!

As for the Empire blowing up Alderaan... it was like nuking Japan. It saved lives!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The OP is wrong on just about everything he posted.  I don't even know where to start.  He probably didn't even see Star Wars in the theater in 1977.  The fact that he is even acknowledging the prequels exist discredits anything he says.  Just to point out the obvious, the Rebellion wasn't made up of Jedi.  The poll is flawed from the very start.

On another note, the Boba Fett color scheme painted rifles are awesome.  I now have to have one.

ETA: A Jedi would have seen page 5 coming.  Apparently, I am not a Jedi.

View Quote
Look, in a perfect universe, the prequels never happened. But they did and it is factual evidence that the Jedi ran Space Madrasas and diddle kids.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

who did Vader kill?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:33:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

who did Vader kill?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

who did Vader kill?

A bunch of children.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:34:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

who did Vader kill?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

who did Vader kill?

For one, Ozzel, an Admiral that had no talent for command whatsoever, had a brain the size of a pea, and was an elitist ass prick more concerned with getting promoted than actually doing his job.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
who did Vader kill?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

who did Vader kill?

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

For one, Ozzel, an Admiral that had no talent for command whatsoever, had a brain the size of a pea, and was an elitist ass prick more concerned with getting promoted than actually doing his job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

who did Vader kill?

Good choke

And the empire did have ample opportunities for advancement
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:48:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

who did Vader kill?

But I really like episode 1.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

who did Vader kill?

Didn't recognize your avatar their for a second, old man.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:54:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

who did Vader kill?

Good. His failure cost Imperial lives. He was given previous chances to stop being a careless fuckup. He could have resigned... Nope. Good choke.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:59:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Good. His failure cost Imperial lives. He was given previous chances to stop being a careless fuckup. He could have resigned... Nope. Good choke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

who did Vader kill?

Harsh but fair
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:05:29 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

who did Vader kill?

http://i.imgur.com/q9M3kPl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rd5jhzV.gif

That gif killed me.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:14:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Well I for one voted Empire.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:15:27 PM EDT
[#16]
When I first saw Empire many years ago, I remembered being impressed by Boba Fett.

Our first introduction to him is Darth Vader lecturing him regarding his penchant for destruction. We immediately get the impression that this guy has a reputation for kicking wholesale ass and not taking prisoners unless specifically told to. Sort of like a scarred, grizzled contractor with a don't-give-a-fuck beard, kill notches carved on his stock, and hadji scalps hanging from his plate carrier. The guy is proud of his kills.

Later on Bespin, he openly questions Vader's judgment in freezing Han Solo, essentially saying "who's gonna pay up if you kill my bounty?" We never see anyone talk back to Vader through the entire trilogy. Vader later has to restrain Fett when he tries to shoot a panicked Chewbacca as he is tossing stormtroopers around.

I never delved into the books, back stories, etc, but I always got the impression that Fett was that loose-cannon rogue that you didn't call up until things needed to be handled off-the-books and dirty.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:02:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
When I first saw Empire many years ago, I remembered being impressed by Boba Fett.

Our first introduction to him is Darth Vader lecturing him regarding his penchant for destruction. We immediately get the impression that this guy has a reputation for kicking wholesale ass and not taking prisoners unless specifically told to. Sort of like a scarred, grizzled contractor with a don't-give-a-fuck beard, kill notches carved on his stock, and hadji scalps hanging from his plate carrier. The guy is proud of his kills.

Later on Bespin, he openly questions Vader's judgment in freezing Han Solo, essentially saying "who's gonna pay up if you kill my bounty?" We never see anyone talk back to Vader through the entire trilogy. Vader later has to restrain Fett when he tries to shoot a panicked Chewbacca as he is tossing stormtroopers around.

I never delved into the books, back stories, etc, but I always got the impression that Fett was that loose-cannon rogue that you didn't call up until things needed to be handled off-the-books and dirty.

View Quote

IIRC, there's a story where Fett fought with Vader and actually almost won.  It ended in draw I think...
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:10:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

That would almost make sense... except Vader's cool with blowing up planets, and does so.  Vader is someone who actively uses planetary-scale WMDs with no fucks given about the consequences.

That's like Genghis Khan or Tamerlane or Vasily Blokhin deciding to hire a neighborhood bully to punch somebody in the stomach.

"He's no good to me dead."
"Shithead, I had to specifically tell your womprat-licking ass no disintegrations."
"Uh..."
"The only reason you're here is because of that contract your onanist progenitor managed to scribble out with the Kaminoans.  His name was about the only thing he could write and the only way we knew it was authentic is because he couldn't even spell it right.  Every time you talk it makes me reconsider my decision not to give you the Ozzelian long range esophagus handjob.  If you come back to me again reminding me of orders that I had to give your addled brain to follow because you're too damned stupid to understand your own job I'll feed you dick-first to a rancor."
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:37:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The Emperor was killed and the forces at Endor were defeated because some asshole armor driver couldn't be bothered to lock the fucking hatch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does the Empire expect to defeat an advanced and very hostile alien force if it cant even find the Millennium Falcon in some asteroids?

I should even mention a detachment getting defeated by teddy bears.
http://schlitzilla.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/killstromtroop.jpg

Let me remind you that the Empire was winning that engagement right up to the point Chewie hijacked an Imperial Walker.

The Emperor was killed and the forces at Endor were defeated because some asshole armor driver couldn't be bothered to lock the fucking hatch.

Sigline worthy, right there.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:39:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That would almost make sense... except Vader's cool with blowing up planets, and does so.  Vader is someone who actively uses planetary-scale WMDs with no fucks given about the consequences.

That's like Genghis Khan or Tamerlane or Vasily Blokhin deciding to hire a neighborhood bully to punch somebody in the stomach.

https://40.media.tumblr.com/c4d2c8de52fb2903b1c6e2ad908d9ca0/tumblr_mnvw86rpAD1s4s8tko9_500.jpg
"Shithead, I had to specifically tell your womprat-licking ass no disintegrations."
"Uh..."
"The only reason you're here is because of that contract your onanist progenitor managed to scribble out with the Kaminoans.  His name was about the only thing he could write and the only way we knew it was authentic is because he couldn't even spell it right.  Every time you talk it makes me reconsider my decision not to give you the Ozzelian long range esophagus handjob.  If you come back to me again reminding me of orders that I had to give your addled brain to follow because you're too damned stupid to understand your own job I'll feed you dick-first to a rancor."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://40.media.tumblr.com/c4d2c8de52fb2903b1c6e2ad908d9ca0/tumblr_mnvw86rpAD1s4s8tko9_500.jpg
"Uh..."

When the scenes in question were originally written, the prequels did not exist. The idea that Fett was genetically connected to the stormtroopers wasn't even a blip on Lucas' radar. He himself said that Boba Fett was sort of a nobody filler character who he never imagined fans falling in love with. I guarantee you the unexpected fan base is the ONLY reason that Fett had any part in the prequels.

Also, Vader fucks over everyone he makes "deals" with, except Fett. He lies to Lando and alters the deal multiple times, he and Tarkin manipulate Leia in IV, but he sticks by his word with Fett and gives him Solos body.

I don't think he likes Fett, but he respects him. Vader is a control freak and kills people when it suits his agenda, but he's not the hair trigger killer that Fett is.

Vader is that seasoned veteran cop who knows when to negotiate, when to reason, and when to use lethal force. Fett is the hard charger JBT who starts shooting suspects as soon as he arrives at the "domestic disturbance at ChuckEcheese" call.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:40:25 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:53:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:06:15 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm sorry, the Imperial army and the the storm troopers where Illegally cloned and raised by the Sith for the purpose of consolidating power under the emperor rather than the galactic senate.

Now get out of the basement and get a real life ya dirty commie!

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:07:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

who did Vader kill?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

who did Vader kill?

The officers who pissed him off, and then also threatened to kill their replacements if they failed too.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:10:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We Are Sith

the Republic was a dysfunctional assemblage of dictators, kleptocrats, aristocratic Antoinettes, monopolists, and slave owners, all given the fig leaf of respectability by sending their diplomats off to cavort in the do-nothing Senate.  Being a Senator was a great job, with no responsibility, no accountability, and the constant joy of pretending to work for the poor oppressed people back home, who of course were in thumbscrews trying to foot the bill for all the Coruscant opera tickets.

The Republic Senate had no House to balance it, no executive branch veto to check it, and no courts to keep it reined in.  They should've called it the "General Assembly".  Standing alone, it was both too powerful and too weak, clogged with deceitful, ambitious, villainous politicians.  You may think I stereotype, but despite the bewildering variety of species in the Republic, everyone in the Senate seemed to have the same oily hair, shifty eyes, and greasy palms.  Since ancient times these hacks were always taking over quasi-habitable worlds, where they dumped their sentient indentured refuse to stake a new claim.  This was always followed by an orgy of back scratching and gluttonous pork pod spending amongst their corrupt senate buddies, to get their newest precious little hellhole admitted to the Republic, of course with their own heirs or hand picked toads appointed as new senators.  They got the graft; the people got the shaft.

What you might not know was the Republic was also yet another socialist failure.  It didn't have a hard currency, only "credits", and as Watto said, "Republic Credits are no good here."  The US Dollar is hard currency, accepted everywhere.  Republic Credits are a pretend currency, a cross between an IOU and a Cuban Peso, accepted only in the Republic -where people are forced to take them and pretend they have value.  No wonder the Senate was corrupt: they ran their Republic with Monopoly© money.  On all of Corsucant, the only thing Lucas showed Galactic Credits actually buying was hard liquor in the bar at the start of Episode II.

Drunks, vodka, Rubles - you figure it out.

View Quote

So you're saying that locally ran governments that were free to choose their own leaders and enact their own laws are the bad guys?!?!  

Holy shit!   And here I been advocating for states' rights over a centralized overpowering federal govt!

I've been doing tyranny all wrong, all along...

Oh wait, Sic Semper Tyrannis!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:15:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Mandalorians for the motherfucking win!!

http://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Mandalorians.1.jpg

Also, tag so I can read this when I get home from work.
View Quote

The arfcommers of the Star Wars stories.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:17:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

lol

http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/86/33/686ac075524461c2f1b972c032de0a08.gif

Eaten by a giant toothed anus in the desert after being defeated by a barely unfrozen blind man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mandalorians for the motherfucking win!!

http://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Mandalorians.1.jpg

lol

http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/86/33/686ac075524461c2f1b972c032de0a08.gif

Eaten by a giant toothed anus in the desert after being defeated by a barely unfrozen blind man.

Shit happens.  Look what happened to Patton.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:17:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

IIRC, there's a story where Fett fought with Vader and actually almost won.  It ended in draw I think...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.   The Boba Fett fan fiction is retarded.  Vader would've owned.  Not even Fett's gay Mandalorian armor would've helped.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:43:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Ner vode, you know where I cast my vote.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:03:50 AM EDT
[#30]

If I had a choice it would either I serve the Empire... or join the Mandos. But my hatred for the Jedi push me closer to the Empire....
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:06:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So you would prefer the more incompetent Republic? If I have to choose between 2 tyrannical governments I'm backing the one that at least makes the trains run on time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GD...where small government advocates promote a tyrannical space empire.

I'm just a simple moisture farmer.

So you would prefer the more incompetent Republic? If I have to choose between 2 tyrannical governments I'm backing the one that at least makes the trains run on time.

Well said...
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:10:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The Jedi Code.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

The Sith Code

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Yeah, the Sith and Dark Side is sooooo bad.

Kill the Jedi and Rebel Scum
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is odd to me that Lucas wants the dark side to be this evil thing, yet, the only thing evil about it is Palpatine.

The Jedi Code.

The Sith Code

The Force shall free me.

Right the fuck on!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:15:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:16:39 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Right the fuck on!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is odd to me that Lucas wants the dark side to be this evil thing, yet, the only thing evil about it is Palpatine.

The Jedi Code.

The Sith Code

The Force shall free me.

Right the fuck on!

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:22:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Jedi Code.

The Sith Code

The Force shall free me.

Right the fuck on!

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090706165221/starwars/images/c/c7/Twi'lekJedi-TFUCG.jpg

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:29:24 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I side with Yoda.  
View Quote

You side with Yoda?

Yoda diddled apprentices.

What makes you think he didn't molest younglings?

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:36:33 AM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes

Holy shit!

Great Miami..I'll never look at him the same way again...
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:15:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
-

When the scenes in question were originally written, the prequels did not exist. The idea that Fett was genetically connected to the stormtroopers wasn't even a blip on Lucas' radar. He himself said that Boba Fett was sort of a nobody filler character who he never imagined fans falling in love with. I guarantee you the unexpected fan base is the ONLY reason that Fett had any part in the prequels.

Also, Vader fucks over everyone he makes "deals" with, except Fett. He lies to Lando and alters the deal multiple times, he and Tarkin manipulate Leia in IV, but he sticks by his word with Fett and gives him Solos body.

I don't think he likes Fett, but he respects him. Vader is a control freak and kills people when it suits his agenda, but he's not the hair trigger killer that Fett is.

Vader is that seasoned veteran cop who knows when to negotiate, when to reason, and when to use lethal force. Fett is the hard charger JBT who starts shooting suspects as soon as he arrives at the "domestic disturbance at ChuckEcheese" call.
View Quote

Fett got killed by a blind guy with a stick, his surplus DRMO Corellian jetpack sent him bouncing off a barge with all the grace of an R2 unit with an exploding motivator and then he was eaten by a giant subterranean orifice.

Vader made a deal with Lando and altered it because it was convenient.  Vader still had to tell Fett "no disintegrations" like the kind of clumsy drooling slacker that Fett is.  Vader didn't care what happened to Solo.  It's not a matter of "stuck to his word", it's a matter of "oh, you want to take out my garbage for me?  Sure thing, shitstain.  Don't crash your fucking ship on the way out, since I have to tell you everything to do with your job."

Vader blows up planets.  He has no need to negotiate.  His word is law.

Fett was an ultimately inept means to an end.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:28:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:01:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

"Uh..."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Uh..."

Vader wasn't the only one to want Solo and his friends though. Jabba wanted him first and Fett had already been hired by Jabba to get Solo. Vader knew that. Vader also knew that Fett would've just killed Solo and collected on the bounty so Vader brought Fett in on his little hunting party. He knew Dengar the drunk, Zuckuss the diseased and retarded with his 4-Lom droid and Bossk weren't going to be capable enough to capture Solo. Fett was, Vader had to point out that he wanted Solo alive because Jabba had already told Fett he wanted Solo dead. That's where the whole, "No disintigrations"  came from. I mean, Fett was the only one who placed a tracker on Solo's ship.

All you haters of Fett are jealous.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:02:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Fuck a wall of text...
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:05:55 AM EDT
[#42]

Not the first time a Mandalorian has wielded a lightsaber. The leader of Death Watch, Pre Vizlia had a lightsaber during the Clone Wars. Boba Fett has lineage in Death Watch too. Arla Fett was his aunt, Jango's sister. She was a member of Death Watch long before Boba was "born".
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:09:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

A bunch of children.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

who did Vader kill?

A bunch of children.

Those were Hitler Youth
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:44:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Anyone posted this?

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:21:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Doesn't the Empire mistreat non-humans?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:28:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes the are species racist.  speciest, specist, speceist i dont know how to spell it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#47]
All I can say is any organization that tells me I shouldn't be banging a very willing Natalie Portman is not an organization I want to be a part of.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:33:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yes the are species racist.  speciest, specist, speceist i dont know how to spell it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speciesist?

I for one stand in solidarity with my Wookie brothers against Human Supremacy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:36:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
All I can say is any organization that tells me I shouldn't be banging a very willing Natalie Portman is not an organization I want to be a part of.
View Quote

OK, you got me there, i never understood the whole dont get married and have kids thing.  However, i dont recall any of the Sith doing it either.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:38:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Speciesist?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speciesist?

Yeah any government that enslaves most of the Wookie population to help in building the death star must be a very righteous and noble group.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top