Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Conspiracy theory believers who think there stupid ideas are real are complete and total retreads.  I mean for all intensive purposes they sound completely rediculous.  I love hearing about how Truman let the Japs bomb Pearl Harbor because he wanted WWII to involve the U.S. or the idea that the FBI shot Kennedy from the chase car or that Reagan wasn't really shot.  All that tells me when I hear you tell me theory's like this is that your some nut job who probably might possibly be wearing a tinfoil hat as he hides in his prepped bunker waiting for Obama to show up in a black helicopter and take his skss that he hurried in cosmolone filled packing tubes vertically so they don't show up as well on metal detectors.  I'm not usually one to judge, but you know who else had a bunch of crazy ideas that led to him losing his mind in a bunker at the end.  That's right Hitler.  Conspiracy theory folks are like Hitler.
View Quote

Yeah about that...

Do we know you?

IBNC.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Female Co-worker came in yesterday ranting about how it was a hoax....how guns don't spit fire out when they shoot, how she couldnt run if she was shot...etc. etc. etc.

I was like...  

Showed her videos of guns "spiting fire" and debunked everything else she was saying.   She still insists its fake.

But we have 3 dead and 1 seriously wounded.  But it's fake....

It's a hoax!

I gave up and told her to keep thinking that.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I told the Illuminati to use a black actor instead of a white one for the real shooting. But nooooooo.

No one will notice they said. For a small guy group of guys running the smallest details in the entire world, the sure fuck up big on the obvious shit.

Hacks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Around 40 seconds in, slowed down 8x. Does anyone see an ejecting shell casing?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Because  a world in which  there is order, albeit  malevolent  order, in which  literally  everything  bad that happens, from hurricanes, to air crashes, to terrorist  outrages, are all part of a grand, interlocking  plan, is much more comforting than the idea that all that stuff is completely  random and happens for no reason and  could  happen  to  you also.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:51:14 PM EDT
[#6]
And then there was this thread (http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1784407_HOAX__Millis__MA_Cop_crashes_shoots_and_sets_his_own_vehicle_on_fire.html), which was a very real shooting - until today...

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Conspiracy theory believers who think there stupid ideas are real are complete and total retreads.  I mean for all intensive purposes they sound completely rediculous.  I love hearing about how Truman let the Japs bomb Pearl Harbor because he wanted WWII to involve the U.S. or the idea that the FBI shot Kennedy from the chase car or that Reagan wasn't really shot.  All that tells me when I hear you tell me theory's like this is that your some nut job who probably might possibly be wearing a tinfoil hat as he hides in his prepped bunker waiting for Obama to show up in a black helicopter and take his skss that he hurried in cosmolone filled packing tubes vertically so they don't show up as well on metal detectors.  I'm not usually one to judge, but you know who else had a bunch of crazy ideas that led to him losing his mind in a bunker at the end.  That's right Hitler.  Conspiracy theory folks are like Hitler.
View Quote

The phrase is "all intents and purposes".

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure its' all intensive purposes.  It literally translates to "The point of all the intense things."
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks, but I'm pretty sure its' all intensive purposes.  It literally translates to "The point of all the intense things."
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL no.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:48:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're a pretty funny guy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

LOL no.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL no.

Interesting.  Google seems to agree with you're version.  I geuss I've been using it wrongly my whole life
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope that's it.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cant.... Breathe..............

ETA: my new sigline
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#15]
test
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Interesting.  Google seems to agree with you're version.  I geuss I've been using it wrongly my whole life

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL no.

Ha, don't feel bad man.  It's that Yankee education you received.  I see it all the time.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:21:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I did not...could be the shitty phone camera...but...I did not see a shell eject.  

When people dive into these like 9/11, New Town, Virginia...there are some thing that are really quite odd.  

What I find most hilarious about this all are the responses here.  Allow me to sum it up:

"CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, etc are all full of shit!  They are such leftest elites!  FBHO, FEH, FHRC!  BUT I BELIEVE EVERYTHING THEY TELL ME ABOUT THIS EVENT!  DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE TELL ME ANYTHING THEY SAID IS FALSE!  THEIR WORD IS GOSPEL!  IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT YOU A FUCKING WACK JOB CONSPIRACY THEORIST!"

I would be willing to bet there would be a hilarious double standard if you went through the replies and picked out who the atheists are who also call the conspiracy theorists retards.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#18]
The VA shooting was one of those rare shooting where there is video from both perspectives, the shooter and the victims. Even then people claim its a hoax.

In another forum a thread on the VA shooting got jacked by one person (who has a history of doing it) who first brought up the color of the shooters hands. They ignored the posting of a photo of the shooter showing he's rather light skinned. They moved on to first claiming the two videos didn't match because of the decking pattern behind the woman reporter was different than some aerial photos post shooting of the decking, of course the picture they used didn't show the full background. If one advanced the video a few frames beyond the one they use to claim  hoax they'd see the decking pattern in the same as the aerial photo. They then moved on to claiming no blood pool under the cameraman in the aerial photo. Of course they never took into account gravity and it was pointed out the blood pooled the next floor down in their aerial photo. So they move on again this time to the crime scene techs in their aerial photo not having (visible) gloves there by contaminating (in their view) the crime scene.

No matter what information was presented to refute their claims they simply moved the goal posts and latched onto some other element as proof of a hoax. They simply cannot believe what they see because they see the media lying about everything. This same person claimed no one died at Sandy Hook even though others who knew families of the victims rebutted those claims. The retort to keep the hoax (in their mind) going, which was also used with the VA shooting, was; where is the death certificate, where is the autopsy photos/report.

Some of the tinfoil brigade would claim it was a hoax if they were actually on scene when it took place or actually saw and touched the dead bodies. They will always see it as a hoax.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:26:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't feel bad I just wished I had nipped it in the butt and found out when I was younger that I used the wrong figure of speech.  Ive been using that phrase a lot lately, the people at work probably think I'm and idiot
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:32:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't feel bad I just wished I had nipped it in the butt and found out when I was younger that I used the wrong figure of speech.  Ive been using that phrase a lot lately, the people at work probably think I'm and idiot
View Quote

Oh man you are good.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

It's bud, bud.

I think you be trollin'

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

LOL

I think there is a conspiracy.  Not the shooting itself but what happens after.  Say Soros and Bloomberg types coming in and dropping cash to get victims families to tow a line.  Fuckin people's bodies aren't even cold and the dad/boyfriend dropping liberal talking points.  Not to mention the media's exaggeration of shootings that fit a narrative.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
7/11 was a part time job.

LOL

I think there is a conspiracy.  Not the shooting itself but what happens after.  Say Soros and Bloomberg types coming in and dropping cash to get victims families to tow a line.  Fuckin people's bodies aren't even cold and the dad/boyfriend dropping liberal talking points.  Not to mention the media's exaggeration of shootings that fit a narrative.

The boyfriend was pretty calm and in good spirits considering his girlfriend was just murdered by a psychopath.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:39:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Shit just look right here in GD at the anti flu vaxxers spouting off about government mystery fluid.....
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking no, JHC
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:37:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's bud, bud.

I think you be trollin'

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's bud, bud.

I think you be trollin'

No, I think your' trolling me sir.  Theirs no way I've gotten all these sayings wrong.  I think your just beating a gift horse in the mouth and using the same troll joke over and over and over again and again on me I think
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:39:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No, I think your' trolling me sir.  Theirs no way I've gotten all these sayings wrong.  I think your just beating a gift horse in the mouth and using the same troll joke over and over and over again and again on me I think
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's bud, bud.

I think you be trollin'

Gah you ruined it that one wasn't good at all.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Meh, you have to balance context with facts available.

I know plenty of folks who laughed at the headlines of today as tinfoil hattery just a couple years ago.

Paranoia seems to be a matter of timing these days.

Then there are the truly crazy folks, they do exist.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:27:51 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm sure if I was still talking to my conspiracy nutter friend he would have told me about this.  Then called me and idiot sheep and maybe said something about being a Jew lover.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:32:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No he didn't .Good Lord
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:40:21 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's bud, bud.

I think you be trollin'

LOL, no.

http://grammarist.com/usage/nip-in-the-bud/

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:58:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Im facebook friends with a former coworker, we touch base occasionally but arent close or anything. Today he posts a links to a video calling the Viriginia TV murders a hoax and claims he called it the day it happened as a ploy to push more gun control. I try not to get wrapped up in facebook drama but it struck a chord with me. Why are people so quick to dismiss real evil and the simple fact that psychopaths walk among us in favor of ridiculous convoluted conspiracy theories
View Quote

Because PR firms hire psychopaths of their own, and these fine folks are paid to come up with lies for a living. Basically think of all the mind bending lies you have heard from the media, government or private business.

You mix up that with the fact the average  politicians don't give a fuck about some dead Americans, if they can use them for political capital. 300,000 vets dead because no one gives a shit, but saying John McCain is a POS is right up there with Calling bruce jenner a man with tits in wig.  and this cannibal abortion business, and on and on and on.  

I mean what is a manufactured CGI murder story compared to that other shit. In a world where that other stuff happens, why is manufactured violence too much to accept? You watch it every day on TV.

See, that is how it happens.  

I mean the world is fucking insane. People like this are a reflection of that. You may actually have normalcy Bias of your own.

There is no such thing as sanity IMO. Not really.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:58:56 AM EDT
[#33]
I think the conspiracy theories floating around these days are pretty much BS.

I also think that if we knew what illicit shenanigans really go on behind the scenes we would be stunned.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:12:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, it's "you are an idiot".
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:16:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

LOL

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
7/11 was a part time job.

LOL

That's not a conspiracy, they know it's going to happen again at some point.  They just are ready to pounce at a moment's notice.  They're opportunists, not involved in a conspiracy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:18:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't it be

I, whom, do intense and purposefully, is an idiot?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:20:38 AM EDT
[#37]
There is a conspiracy...to make up a bunch of really stupid, bullshit conspiracy theories that make everyone who believes them seem like a fucking moron.  Then, when they want to launch their REAL conspiracy, anyone who tries to blow the whistle about it won't be believed.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#38]

This guy is a moron. Even a blank gun would have ejected shells. The frame rate of his phone's camera prolly didn't catch it.

I also see phone video of plane props & helo rotors where they look like they aren't moving. Does this mean they really aren't ?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:25:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
He said something different from what the TV says! He must be a retard!
View Quote

Tell me about dinosaurs.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Tell me about dinosaurs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me about dinosaurs.

You're late.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:29:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL no.

Who are version?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:31:36 AM EDT
[#42]
There are still people who claim the Holocaust didn't happen. No amount of idiocy really surprises me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:38:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's bud, bud.

I think you be trollin'

Indeed. Lol.

I believe the correct version is "the apple doesn't fall far from the gift horse's sink ships."
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:39:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

LOL no.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL no.

Here you go fellers...
http://grammarist.com/eggcorns/for-all-intensive-purposes/

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:46:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Lol... you're right on target here. But that conspiracy in particular I think is ridiculous.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol... you're right on target here. But that conspiracy in particular I think is ridiculous.  

I am with storm I am pretty sure that was just some crazy that had his feelings hurt at work vs the government making him do it. I kinda of think the government would pull off something a little bigger.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:05:36 AM EDT
[#46]
The bigger issue, I think, is what the fuck is up with our (society's) obsession with fame. Someone you deeply love is murdered and hours later you are doing live tv interviews? If one of my kids, or my wife, was murdered I'd be telling news reporting vulchers to fuck off.......and if a camera was stuck in my face, well......it wouldn't be good. I keep finding it odd when these things happen and the family members seem to be like, "Ya, it's sad that ....... is dead, but I'm gettin on tv"!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Who are version?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who are version?

him am scion of powerful mother who can't help it that she has a medical condition. Him is I. She cant help it that she says mean things to people in public because you can lead a horse to milk but you cant make it squirt.She knows world trade center seven was pulverized by ELF because she is a targeted individual. She has suffered for many years with beams in here eyes that try to dictate her every move. She tried to burn them out, but fire wont melt the beamz.

Okay that was terrible. I feel bad.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

him am scion of powerful mother who can't help it that she has a medical condition. Him is I. She cant help it that she says mean things to people in public because you can lead a horse to milk but you cant make it squirt.She knows world trade center seven was pulverized by ELF because she is a targeted individual. She has suffered for many years with beams in here eyes that try to dictate her every move. She tried to burn them out, but fire wont melt the beamz.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who are version?

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Shit just look right here in GD at the anti flu vaxxers spouting off about government mystery fluid.....
View Quote

Shit dude have you ever read about U.S. government experiments on civilians. I'm fine with vaccines until they become mandatory. Ain't know way I trust a politician or government employee with that much control over the population.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:41:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Why are people so quick to dismiss real evil and the simple fact that psychopaths walk among us in favor of ridiculous convoluted conspiracy theories
View Quote

Because some people have never experienced true evil, and are ignorant that it exists.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top