Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/2/2015 10:02:09 PM EDT
Im facebook friends with a former coworker, we touch base occasionally but arent close or anything. Today he posts a links to a video calling the Viriginia TV murders a hoax and claims he called it the day it happened as a ploy to push more gun control. I try not to get wrapped up in facebook drama but it struck a chord with me. Why are people so quick to dismiss real evil and the simple fact that psychopaths walk among us in favor of ridiculous convoluted conspiracy theories
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:02:42 PM EDT
[#1]
He said something different from what the TV says! He must be a retard!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:04:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Because it's much more interesting to come up with a convoluted conspiracy theory than to accept the likely reality of a situation.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Some people would rather believe in the Illuminati than pure evil.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:06:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol... you're right on target here. But that conspiracy in particular I think is ridiculous.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:07:22 PM EDT
[#5]
7/11 was a part time job.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:12:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ok, so tell us what happened.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:13:43 PM EDT
[#7]
This forum is full of the same type of people.  One has already posted.

"It's a media conspiracy!"
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ok. You win the internet for today. Im going to sleep.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:13:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL

I think there is a conspiracy.  Not the shooting itself but what happens after.  Say Soros and Bloomberg types coming in and dropping cash to get victims families to tow a line.  Fuckin people's bodies aren't even cold and the dad/boyfriend dropping liberal talking points.  Not to mention the media's exaggeration of shootings that fit a narrative.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, there do seem to be a lot Middle Eastern types there....

No blood for Big Gulps!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:16:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it was a govt hoax I would expected a bigger victim count, and them to have articles, theme songs, slogans, and laws written and ready to go. And promptly block off the area and demolish buildings/evidence
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:16:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Rocket fuel cant melt the moon!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:17:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:21:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

It was actually the assumption that EVERYTHING is a lie and NOTHING is real that set off my "retard alert". I personally watch very little TV, and assume politicians are lying when they speak.

The automatic assumption that every little thing that happens is a VAST gov't/corp/big money conspiracy to manipulate politics is some sort of mental illness.

ETA: so far his "proof its a hoax" consists of:

No visible entrance wound on fleeing female victim
No visible ejected brass
Shooter had a "white hand"

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:25:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I just "unfriended" him. Fuck it , I've got better shit to do then refute not being able to see gunshot ENTRANCE wounds on a black shirt or EXIT wounds, and the lack of blood,  in 3 seconds of shitty cell phone vid. It may be the beer talking , but life is too short to waste on retards who don't know a goddamned thing about ballistics/projectiles, yet think that 3 "public" figures are someone how "in" on a national conspiracy to push gun control legislation by faking a double murder live TV.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:28:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:32:52 AM EDT
[#17]
The only media conspiracy is hiding the fact that the perp was a mentally ill, mixed race, homosexual, liberal activist while they push their agenda of trying to get new restrictions passed that would not have had any chance of preventing that incident at all.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:34:27 AM EDT
[#18]
I always kinda considered myself a conspiracy theorist. JFK,Area51,MKUltra...I could see it. Then came the 9/11 truthers. Then the whole "crisis actors" believers. I then realized...nope. I'm not that insane.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:38:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The only media conspiracy is hiding the fact that the perp was a mentally ill, mixed race, homosexual, liberal activist while they push their agenda of trying to get new restrictions passed that would not have had any chance of preventing that incident at all.
View Quote

Ding Ding Ding!!  

Some facts must never be mentioned. Not a white male Tea Party maniac? Then it never happened.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:40:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ding Ding Ding!!  

Some facts must never be mentioned. Not a white male Tea Party maniac? Then it never happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ding Ding Ding!!  

Yep.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:47:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ding Ding Ding!!  

Yep.

Someone found a good article on that subject today.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1783954_The_Virginia_news_crew_murders_and_media_agenda_to_bury_the_truth.html
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:51:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:55:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

http://johncopenhaver.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/blinders.jpg
View Quote

The Illuminati ARE pure evil.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:02:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Someone posted the video with a white hand and blue flannel sleeved shirt, compared to the all black wearing
black shooter. It does make you wonder.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:04:58 AM EDT
[#25]
The Exodus was an inside job!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:09:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Katrina was weather manipulation. I've got inside info.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:13:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

No he's a retard because he doesn't have a shred of evidence to the contrary. In this case there is a fucking video and ample witnesses
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:23:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No he's a retard because he doesn't have a shred of evidence to the contrary. In this case there is a fucking video and ample witnesses
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just watched a dinosaur eat a bunch of people in the movie theater last week but I don't think that really happened, everyone knows the real dinosaurs are in Africa not on some island.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:24:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I just watched a dinosaur eat a bunch of people in the movie theater last week but I don't think that really happened, everyone knows the real dinosaurs are in Africa not on some island.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you suggesting that dinosaurs didn't migrate?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:26:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure what I'm suggesting but I never miss an opportunity to make fun of mdk89 and his dinosaurs.

Wait, did I miss a Monty Python joke? Something something, coconuts migrating, aw fuck it it's not funny now.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:37:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm not sure what I'm suggesting but I never miss an opportunity to make fun of mdk89 and his dinosaurs.

Wait, did I miss a Monty Python joke? Something something, coconuts migrating, aw fuck it it's not funny now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OH yeah - that guy. I need a note book to keep track of all the crack pots.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:41:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ha!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:45:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Well you could at least have fun with him. Mail him a stuffed animal with a poorly hidden lapel mic inside or something.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Someone posted the video with a white hand and blue flannel sleeved shirt, compared to the all black wearing
View Quote

Have you seen the pictures of the shooter's hands? He had a fairly  light complexion for a "black guy".  ETA: The Bryce Williams broadcasting holding the mic is a good example.

In the shooting vid, compare the hand holding the glock to the victims skintone. The hand holding the Glock is darker.
Depending on the camera, colors getting washed out is slso a possibility.

The only thing I have doubts about are the IQ levels of people claiming its a hoax based solely on not being able to see the entrance and exit wounds through the victims black shirt as shes fleeing. "Theres no blood", "You can see any wounds!". On a black shirt , on a 3 second cell video, on a victim who turns and runs no less.

I think it's the fact that people would choose an absurd, highly unlikely , extremely complicated,  possibility over the obvious, and logical probability, that irritates me. Coupled with the denial that people were actually murdered, claiming they're just actors.

ETA: another thing Ive seen are people claim that since there were comments on the news stations facebook post that have earlier timestamps,  it must be a hoax. IE. news station posts " reporters attacked on air, more info coming at 7:46 AM , first couple of comments are posted and time stamps are at 5:05AM ( off the top of my head, not precise info)  Must be a hoax, not some sort of issue with the way Facebook timestamps things. Im no expert but Im pretty sure you can't write comments to a post before it exists on facebook.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:38:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://johncopenhaver.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/blinders.jpg

Don't make me put on my Illuminati robes and come find you.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:56:06 AM EDT
[#36]
The vast right wing conspiracy has no boundaries OP.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Until proven otherwise, I tend to take the incidents as they occurred.

That said, I find it very odd and downright strange that both post Sandy Hook and the recent Virginia incident had parents showing little emotion, some smiling/laughing before being interviewed and the latest going right to anti-gun propaganda off the bat.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:05:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dude this.   That is the same dress.  Different lighting and cameras do weird shit.

My better half is brown.  She says light brown, I say dark.  To get a camera to capture her tones makes me look whiter than the space I'm typing on.  I'm not that white. White balance+exposure.

The motherfucker filmed him shooting the chick and dude.  Like literally right there.  This isn't like Sandy Hook where we didn't even get a pic of the cunt walking in.  This piece of shit put it on his gay ass, black ass on twitter and facebook.  

We have "for all intents and purposes" real time video of him deading people.  Him saying he fuckin did it.  Live fucking video where yeah, his hand is pale but that evil fucking face is right there and that's the news footage.  Add that to the video he shot.

Him doing it, and the evidence for it literally doesn't get any better than this.  

He did it.  The conspiracy would be the media hiding he was gay, black, left wing and the boyfriends/dads reaction.  Not the fucking shooting.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:29:37 AM EDT
[#39]
FFS. Yes, it was an elaborate hoax, but they forgot to use the same "crisis actor" and clothing.

The "That wasn't the same guy's hand" and "She didn't act like she was shot; those were blanks" arguments are almost as ignorant as "Fire doesn't melt steel".

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:30:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Double

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:35:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

that's awesome.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:33:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Have you seen the pictures of the shooter's hands? He had a fairly  light complexion for a "black guy".  ETA: The Bryce Williams broadcasting holding the mic is a good example.

In the shooting vid, compare the hand holding the glock to the victims skintone. The hand holding the Glock is darker.

The only thing I have doubts about are the IQ levels of people claiming its a hoax based solely on not being able to see the entrance and exit wounds through the victims black shirt as shes fleeing. "Theres no blood", "You can see any wounds!". On a black shirt , on a 3 second cell video, on a victim who turns and runs no less.

I think it's the fact that people would choose an absurd, highly unlikely , extremely complicated,  possibility over the obvious, and logical probability, that irritates me. Coupled with the denial that people were actually murdered, claiming they're just actors.

ETA: another thing Ive seen are people claim that since there were comments on the news stations facebook post that have earlier timestamps,  it must be a hoax. IE. news station posts " reporters attacked on air, more info coming at 7:46 AM , first couple of comments are posted and time stamps are at 5:05AM ( off the top of my head, not precise info)  Must be a hoax, not some sort of issue with the way Facebook timestamps things. Im no expert but Im pretty sure you can't write comments to a post before it exists on facebook.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The color of the hand/shirt has to do with the color and brightness balancing of the cell phone. Cell phones suck. They have automatic settings to try to get the best picture and it will often lighten things up. I can take a pic of my hand with a gun, adjust a few settings, and my hand will look dark - like a medium skinned black person or a darker Hispanic.

As for the bullet holes, search on arfcom about a mortal chest would. This guy walks right up and shoots himself in the chest, near the heart. When I first saw the video I didn't realized he had actually shot himself yet. There was a few seconds before I realized blood was seeping into his shirt. Bullets wounds aren't like Hollywood with splatter ever where. That and again the cell phone is low quality with l lots of movement. You aren't going to see a small hole in that video. People said she wouldn't have run. I have seen deer with lethal heart and lung shots still run 25 yards before falling.

The time stamp is probably based on where he person replying is from. So 7am east coast is 5am mountain time.

Really though - let us just assume this was all planned. Don't you think people making a fake event on purpose would make it in such a way there wouldn't be obvious things idiots would latch on to??

No this shit is exactly like the moon landing morons who are like, "There are no stars in the sky in the photos!"
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#43]
I gotta say this though.  I gotta hand it to the ATF's marketing dept.  After every big mass shooting or officer involved shooting the big news networks always have to drop "ATF responded."

Like they're a fucking help when they aren't shooting innocent people, running guns, or copping bj's in glory holes.  

According to the news the ATF sounds like the good guys.

They have yet to prevent a mass shooting or stop an actual terrorist.  But, Boston we were there!  SC we were there!  Waco 2 times we were there!  VA we were there!  The Illinois officer that perished we were there!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#44]
People who question things they see on TV are nutjobs. If it is on TV it has to be true.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#45]
There is a certain segment of the population who is just weak minded. They see a video on youtube with manipulated screenshots and F/B pics and they instantly take it at face value because they want to feel superior (I.E. I'm so enlightened, I know the TRUE story) due to the fact they saw it on youtube/liveleak and not the news. It's a mixture of those folks being slow and having delusions of grandeur.

The girl who was shot had pics with her X-boyfriend on her F/B.  They took those on /pol and used them to construct the argument that she was an actor and the guy in the pic was her REAL boyfriend. Same thing when a time stamp is in a different time zone and they try and pretend it was posted BEFORE the incident occurred. . . . or the stupid thing where the guy's hand wasn't black enough. It's all for weak minded people to take in and absorb.  

Idiots see that mixed in with a youtube video and instantly get that superiority complex feeling and start spewing bullshit on the internet. It's kind of pathetic.

The media isn't always right, but this sort of shit is so far from a conspiracy theory that only the most weak minded retards believe it.

occam's razor you fucking conspiracy theory tards.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:11:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
FFS. Yes, it was an elaborate hoax, but they forgot to use the same "crisis actor" and clothing.

The "That wasn't the same guy's hand" and "She didn't act like she was shot; those were blanks" arguments are almost as ignorant as "Fire doesn't melt steel".

View Quote

Many people who are shot and even die latter of their wounds, don't necessarily feel the pain right away or react as one mortally wounded because of adrenaline dump.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:32:40 PM EDT
[#47]
"Conspiracy theory" is often a mute button used to silence, dismiss, and discredit an alternative to the approved narrative on a given topic.  The idea may be truly stupid, or it might be exactly correct but problematic for those with a vested interest in the official version.

We get lied to so much these days only true fools take the official version of anything as gospel.  That's not to say that many of the alternative ideas have merit (chemtrails, lunar landing hoax, etc.), it's just to say that it's always good to question the official story.  As such, I reject the label.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Many people who are shot and even die latter of their wounds, don't necessarily feel the pain right away or react as one mortally wounded because of adrenaline dump.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I made that point in a few threads. Unless it's a CNS or physically disabling hit, a person's defense mechanism is going to be to get away from the threat. Especially when ambushed as in this case. Too many people think it's like TV/movies where someone is either knocked to the ground or instantly incapacitated.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:46:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Conspiracy theory believers who think there stupid ideas are real are complete and total retreads.  I mean for all intensive purposes they sound completely rediculous.  I love hearing about how Truman let the Japs bomb Pearl Harbor because he wanted WWII to involve the U.S. or the idea that the FBI shot Kennedy from the chase car or that Reagan wasn't really shot.  All that tells me when I hear you tell me theory's like this is that your some nut job who probably might possibly be wearing a tinfoil hat as he hides in his prepped bunker waiting for Obama to show up in a black helicopter and take his skss that he hurried in cosmolone filled packing tubes vertically so they don't show up as well on metal detectors.  I'm not usually one to judge, but you know who else had a bunch of crazy ideas that led to him losing his mind in a bunker at the end.  That's right Hitler.  Conspiracy theory folks are like Hitler.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:56:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top