Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:25:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Word is bond
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:11:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They are a sanctimonious gaggle of geese.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This has to be a troll thread.
It is now that the girls have hi-jacked it

That's ironic too, considering what the person you're replying to posted last page.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's ironic too, considering what the person you're replying to posted last page.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I like about this website is that we have so many forums for so many interests. There are so many places to discuss just about any issue that comes to mind. Now, sometimes, issues arise in a thread that distract from the original point of the thread.

Your argument, and those you have issue with, would be better served by taking your issues to a separate thread, rather than discuss them here. Better yet, perhaps you should take them to the Instant Messenger method of communication, so that you may have a more personal interaction, and come to some sort of accommodation whereby you can both exist here without conflict.

It's just a suggestion, but I would offer that your strife would better be settled outside the purview of those who would seek to escalate conflict for their own personal amusement.

Edited because I type bad and can't find my glasses.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:10:47 PM EDT
[#4]
People that welch on deals are fucking shitbags, IMO.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:15:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We're supposed to meet tomorrow. What do you think?
View Quote

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

You made a deal. You agreed to meet. Do you need the supposed extra $50 enough to sell out on your agreement with another full-grown man?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:17:50 PM EDT
[#6]
In this thread we will learn a lot of everyone's integrity.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:19:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Only once.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would you do something like that with someone in the EE?

Only once.  

Do that in the EE and buy-bye!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
but your asking him to risk 50 bucks on the word of a stranger.
View Quote

Yeah...cause e second guy is rock solid.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:26:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Tell the guy you got a better offer but if this guy can get it say tonight or whenever he can have.  First person to show gets it. M
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:45:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I always enjoy Jrzy's posts. Yours I typically skip over. This is the exception.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:30:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Put yourself in guy #1's shoes.

I'd be upset you didn't honor a deal, rule should be the same no matter the mode used (EE, Facebook, etc)
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:43:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I always enjoy Jrzy's posts. Yours I typically skip over. This is the exception.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which has fuck-all to do with the point.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:46:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Tell the $250 guy that it is sold, don't tell him for how much, and tell him if guy #1 backs out, then it is his, for $250. You don't dump the guy you made a deal with, especially since you've set a time for transfer goods!
View Quote
This

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 12:35:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Tell the $250 guy that it is sold, don't tell him for how much, and tell him if guy #1 backs out, then it is his, for $250. You don't dump the guy you made a deal with, especially since you've set a time for transfer goods!
View Quote

That's exactly what I tell my (late) potential buyers, too.  Don't burn any bridges.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 12:41:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's exactly what I tell my (late) potential buyers, too.  Don't burn any bridges.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How did they die? Did you kill them?
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 2:39:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I'm selling some stuff on Facebook. I made a deal with a guy, my plate carrier for $200. We're supposed to meet tomorrow.

Along comes guy #2 offering $250.

I'm leaning towards until my vest is in guy #1 hands and his money in mine, bidding is fair game. What do you think?
View Quote
you made a deal stick with it

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 2:50:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I'm selling some stuff on Facebook. I made a deal with a guy, my plate carrier for $200. We're supposed to meet tomorrow.

Along comes guy #2 offering $250.

I'm leaning towards until my vest is in guy #1 hands and his money in mine, bidding is fair game. What do you think?
View Quote

One of your most valuable possessions that you have in your life is your word.

Don't piss it away for $50. You made the deal, sell it for $200, if $1 doesn't show up then have at it, but he should get the first shot.

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 2:58:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

it's not about the money, it's about the sale. You turn guy two down and guy one flakes you're boned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.  My word is worth more than $50.  

If you are a piece of shit, than the $50 probably means more to you.

it's not about the money, it's about the sale. You turn guy two down and guy one flakes you're boned.

That's why you tell guy 2 that somebody's supposed to be picking it up, but if he flakes, you'll give him a call ASAP.

I had somebody do the offer more thing with me on a Craigslist sale once. I told him "I wouldn't do that to you, I'm not gonna do that to him."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 3:11:31 AM EDT
[#19]
You made a deal, don't be a piece of shit. Stick to it.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top