BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:10:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a pot dealer who lost his geo to the drug task force, have not seen it rolling around with dare stickers  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pot needles, Pot needles everywhere.
I had a pot dealer who lost his geo to the drug task force, have not seen it rolling around with dare stickers  

It'd be fuel efficient.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Does the government?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Civil Forfeiture

Fuck TWoD

If someone is engaged in an illegal activity, and buys something with the money he made illegally, does he deserve to keep it when he is arrested?

Does the government?

BOOM
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:12:35 AM EDT
[#3]
lol
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:13:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The problem is the cops utilize Civil Forfeiture BEFORE anyone is convicted.... and good luck getting it back if you're cleared.

I stand by: FUCK CIVIL FORFEITURE

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck Civil Forfeiture

Fuck TWoD

If someone is engaged in an illegal activity, and buys something with the money he made illegally, does he deserve to keep it when he is arrested?
The problem is the cops utilize Civil Forfeiture BEFORE anyone is convicted.... and good luck getting it back if you're cleared.

^^^WRONG^^^

Not trying to change your mind but I deal with Civil Forfeiture every day.  Matter of fact I drive a seized and forfeited vehicle now.  The laws and liability placed on Police when seizing property are very strict and can really get you and your department in a sling if not adhered to.  Are there some crooked cops and maybe department?  Sure.  But any Department worth a damn knows not to mess with the forfeiture until it is adjudicated and released.  And if it is to be returned, it is very simple...just sign for it.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Civil Forfeiture

Fuck TWoD

Arrested?  No

Convicted first?  Yes
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:14:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This, or waste of tax dollars.  Either way, not a fan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck Civil Forfeiture

Fuck TWoD

This, or waste of tax dollars.  Either way, not a fan.

So taking a car from a drug dealer and having to pay maybe a few hundred in legal hours costs more than buying a 40K crown vic or a 50K Tahoe.  Your math sucks

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No, but the cops shouldn't keep it either. It should be sold and the money spent on something to benefit the community. Not a show piece for some D-bag chief when he get coffee.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Civil Forfeiture

Fuck TWoD

No, but the cops shouldn't keep it either. It should be sold and the money spent on something to benefit the community. Not a show piece for some D-bag chief when he get coffee.

Seized items can not be sold to put money in the general fund, if sold, the money has to be used by the pd for unbudgeted items.  I hope they can seize every item any drug user/dealer has.  F... them!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If cops confiscate money because it has slight traces of drug residue (like most money does) is that also right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck Civil Forfeiture

Fuck TWoD

If cops confiscate money because it has slight traces of drug residue (like most money does) is that also right?

Id like to know a case where this happened

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:17:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Courtesy of Edwin Meese

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:20:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Texas?

Waco Biker gang asset?

Unless the officer is specially and specifically trained to race corvettes (Maybe a former CanAm or SCCA driver?) the police have no business chasing people around in a 600hp vehicle. I don't want to read about how officer friendly died wrapping himself around a light pole at 187 mph or how Sally Soccer mom was killed by a negligent high speed chase.

I'm also curious about how much it cost the taxpayers to retrofit a CORVETTE to police car standards and knowing a little something about how expensive it is to maintain a high performance vehicle.....who does the maintenance on this cause this ain't your daddy's crown vic?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:23:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Meh. You should see the police cars I've seen in the ME.

Here though, after homie has had his car seized through due process, they should sell it to fund general city/county revenues. I'd rather have a few bucks knocked off my taxes than a shiney toy for cops to blast around in.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:24:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Texas?

Waco Biker gang asset?
View Quote

Doubtful. Waco is several hours from here... And do biker gangs drive corvettes?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pot needles, Pot needles everywhere.
Around here they lease or rent their vehicles.  There's a local lawyer who is really adept at getting it done for them.  Rentals are huge for the guys who are transporting heroin.  The smart dealers try to keep all their assets in cash or take advantage of the local lawyer's connections with offshore banks.  I know one who gladly did his five years in prison and promptly fled the country to retire in relative luxury at the first opportunity.  Only morons keep a bunch of stuff around to be seized.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:27:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Texas?

Waco Biker gang asset?

Unless the officer is specially and specifically trained to race corvettes (Maybe a former CanAm or SCCA driver?) the police have no business chasing people around in a 600hp vehicle. I don't want to read about how officer friendly died wrapping himself around a light pole at 187 mph or how Sally Soccer mom was killed by a negligent high speed chase.

I'm also curious about how much it cost the taxpayers to retrofit a CORVETTE to police car standards and knowing a little something about how expensive it is to maintain a high performance vehicle.....who does the maintenance on this cause this ain't your daddy's crown vic?
View Quote
That's funny right there.  What makes you think there's any kind of standard?  

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Civil Forfeiture

Fuck TWoD

1) Convict the owner of the property of felonies involving crime for profit.
2) Prove that the item was obtained by the profit from the crime.

Do these two things and you can have it. And then you can sell it, not tool around town in it like some sanctimonious moron who does not understand the difference between government grandstanding and gangster exhibitionism.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#16]
As long as the guy was convicted and it was a forfeit - I'm OK with it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well, the guy who drove it here just left... Wasn't here for a school DARE thing or anything... Drove in, made a racket, stayed around the car for a few minutes while people gawked. Went inside. Came out after a few minutes. Made a racket while leaving. I failed to notice if he had coffee while exiting, but it had to be either that or using the shitter.

Young officer too, not a big wig.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Civil Forfeiture

Fuck TWoD

It shouldn't be a show car for a douche bag chief, and their shouldn't be a whole fleet of them, but as use as a DARE car it maybe worth it.

Well, the guy who drove it here just left... Wasn't here for a school DARE thing or anything... Drove in, made a racket, stayed around the car for a few minutes while people gawked. Went inside. Came out after a few minutes. Made a racket while leaving. I failed to notice if he had coffee while exiting, but it had to be either that or using the shitter.

Young detective maybe, That might be a chief one day?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm also curious about how much it cost the taxpayers to retrofit a CORVETTE to police car standards....
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:34:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Those fugly taillights
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
^^^WRONG^^^

Not trying to change your mind but I deal with Civil Forfeiture every day.  Matter of fact I drive a seized and forfeited vehicle now.  The laws and liability placed on Police when seizing property are very strict and can really get you and your department in a sling if not adhered to.  Are there some crooked cops and maybe department?  Sure.  But any Department worth a damn knows not to mess with the forfeiture until it is adjudicated and released.  And if it is to be returned, it is very simple...just sign for it.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck Civil Forfeiture

Fuck TWoD

^^^WRONG^^^

LOL the department will "Really get in a sling"? And what? They will investigate themselves? Put all themselves on "administrative paid leave" and then find no wrongdoing?

Oh yeah, just come in and "Sign for it"... No, it had those blown engine seals, ruined transmission, and undercarriage rust when we took it from you...
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:39:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Texas?

Waco Biker gang asset?

View Quote

Well the first part of your post is a bunch of made up shit you assume. I won't be addressing your nonsense.

As for the 2nd part, how much does it costs to procure a police package vehicle and outfit it? Assuming you start with a free car and have to add lights, sirens, paint, and decals I bet it would be less money.

Fuck the drug dealers and the drug users. Just another drain on society and we're better off without them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:40:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It is probably a decent deterrent.  Lets everyone know, get caught doing the crime - you loose your shit.  The fun ones are when the hunter/fisherman looses his truck (and boat) for breaking game laws.
View Quote

I wouldn't use the word "fun", when describing stealing a $40,000 truck over an infraction that carries a $500 max fine.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I wouldn't use the word "fun", when describing stealing a $40,000 truck over an infraction that carries a $500 max fine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is probably a decent deterrent.  Lets everyone know, get caught doing the crime - you loose your shit.  The fun ones are when the hunter/fisherman looses his truck (and boat) for breaking game laws.

Yeah, those ones piss me off.

I'm against forfeiture because of the huge potential for abuse.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck Civil Forfeiture

Fuck TWoD

Came to post this.  Auction the property and use the proceeds for schools or parks.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

This parking lot is not rich and vibrant. But yes, I was keeping an eye on more than just him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you take a second to scan the area for potential trouble for him?

This parking lot is not rich and vibrant. But yes, I was keeping an eye on more than just him.

I am glad you were backing him up.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#27]
If cops have it, so should civilians.
So I'm ok with this......

.......but

Quoted:
Fuck Civil Forfeiture

Fuck TWoD
View Quote

Yeah Fuck that thieving tendency that isn't frowned upon by some Leo.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:01:50 AM EDT
[#29]

I am outraged!  OUTRAGED I tell you!!!

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck Civil Forfeiture

Fuck TWoD

Actually, that is not true.   Property can be seized immediately (so that the bad guy can't sell off property bought thru ill gotten gains to pay for legal defense or flee), the property must be stored until the case is dispo'ed in court, and then converted for use or sale.  Our department rarely seized property because of how long the case would take to clear.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I wonder if they drive it like they stole it?
View Quote
What you did there... nice.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:11:17 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm also curious about how much it cost the taxpayers to retrofit a CORVETTE to police car standards....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Gifs/nicolas-cage-laughing_zps1677d881.gif
How much could it cost to disconnect the AC and break the front seat?

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Oh the feelz in this thread...
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#34]
They should know better that about putting the front license plate on the dash since TX courts have ruled on this issue.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Fuck civil forfeiture.  The drug dealer they took that car from is a successful business leader and job creator who gives people what they want at a price they will pay.  We need to reward guys like that, not take their shit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:16:48 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

That's liberal Leon Lott, Sheriff of Richland County for you.  That vehicle was probably not seized.  Either way it was done with tax payer money.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Seized items need to be destroyed.

Cars crushed, cash burnt and property razed and made into a park.

Asset forfeiture should be an expense. Not a revenue maker.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

The rear tires are all wrong.  That ZO6 had wider rear shoes from the factory.
View Quote

Those aren't even Z06 rims.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Gifs/nicolas-cage-laughing_zps1677d881.gif
Don't forget the inexplicable boot-shaped dent on the hood, donut crumbs in the cup holders, and general savagery applied to the interior just to get the radio stuffed in there.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Civil Forfeiture

Fuck TWoD

He can forfeit it after a trial. Seizure without a trial is police state bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:23:43 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you take a second to scan the area for potential trouble for him?

Meh. Not doing that either. Just taking note of something ARFCom would love, and staying aware of those around me.

It's a nice area... The BLM crowd doesn't usually make it 40 miles from a big city.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The rear tires are all wrong.  That ZO6 had wider rear shoes from the factory.

Not sure what the deal is with that...
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#44]
It was stolen

Quoted:
I wonder if they drive it like they stole it?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Civil Forfeiture

Fuck TWoD

Yes.

After conviction, then no.  

One of the basic things about our justice system is a person is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.  The forfeiture of assets before being found guilty of a crime, and a link showing that the assets are a direct result of the criminal activity, or part of the crime is criminal in my opinion of the state.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:37:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Civil Forfeiture

Fuck TWoD

Nope, nor is it ok for the police to gain money or material goods from arrests and convictions. It incentivizes them to make arrests resulting in forfeitures. Notice I said it incentivizes arrests leading to forfeitures, not arrests of guilty people.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Seized items need to be destroyed.

Cars crushed, cash burnt and property razed and made into a park.

Asset forfeiture should be an expense. Not a revenue maker.
View Quote
An expense to who?  The tax payer?

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Seized for DARE, the shittiest of drug prevention programs.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#49]
It's for show. They can't hold up as pursuit vehicles.
View Quote

Are you serious?  650HP/650Ft-Lbs torque, 0-60 in less than 3 seconds, 200+ MPH, 6 puck Brembos, 60-0 in less than 100', 1.2Gs on the skid track.  Nothing short of a Ferrari, Lambo or Bugatti can touch it on the highway.  City streets are another matter.  And it will last forever if you change the oil.  My 2001 has 153K on it, and I do "Drive it Like I Stole It" (I didn't).
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#50]
The modern day equivalent of letters of marque.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top