Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/2/2015 8:46:36 AM EDT
With the salad days, at what point does it become hoarding? The magazine thread is one of them. I really do not see the same point in having more than 10 mags per unique gun. But it doesn't mean that the government can't dictate how much to own.That shit takes up too much space. Same with excess parts. Are you all renting storage lockers for your hoards?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:48:33 AM EDT
[#1]
IT NEVER DOES!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#2]
It's only hoarding when someone else does it, if I do it it is just called "being prepared."

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I dunno where the line is drawn in the sand.

When others have to go without so you get to add to your collection?

That's about it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:50:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I misread the thread title.

You said hoarding

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:50:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I wish there were color mags on sale, not just black all the time.  Black is lame.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:51:14 AM EDT
[#6]
When you can't move around your house because it's filled with gun shit.  That might be "hoarding."

But that's a lot of gun stuff.

I plan on having an entire room dedicated to firearms and firearm accessories.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:52:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I would imagine it's hoarding when you start neglecting other facets of your life.  Can't afford food for the kids but you have 300 pmags.  Most people put the hoarder label on someone else cause they aren't disciplined enough to build up their own stash and act like jealous bitches.

I've had people accuse me of helping drive up .22LR shortage cause I have 10k+ rounds.  Well excuse the fuck out of me, I bought those long before any panic for 8.95 a brick, so kiss my ass crybaby.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:54:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Hoarders aren't organized. That's the difference.

Tidy shelves and tuff boxes, you're fine. Piles, you're not.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#9]
It's only hoarding when the stupid people who don't stock up start bitching about how much X costs vs. what it used to cost and somebody says, "Gee then you should have bought it sooner"....Then the broke ass whiny bitches start with the "gouging and hoarding" crap......
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:11:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish there were color mags on sale, not just black all the time.  Black is lame.
View Quote

The desert tan mags were also on sale at DSG.I bought 10 of each.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:12:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I might have a book problem then.

Or I just need to get off my behind and build a new bookshelf.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:17:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

no.

a lot of collectors are hoarders.

if you have rooms that are floor to ceiling with possessions you are a hoarder.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

no.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no.

What about to the windowsills? Your answer will dictate whether or not I forward this thread to my wife
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:20:18 AM EDT
[#14]
When the cat gets lost in your ammo fort, and you find the body 3 years later, you might be a hoarder.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:34:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

racist
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

no.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no.

Not if they're on shelves and organized. Then it's a collection or a library. If you can get to your stuff, if it's not piled or inaccessible, you're ok.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

no.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no.

agree to disagree
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#19]
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Quoted:

racist
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

racist

Black Mags Matter
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What about to the windowsills? Your answer will dictate whether or not I forward this thread to my wife
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no.

You can't clean windowsills if you leave stuff on them. Same as counters and tables. Not hoarding, just not best practices vis a vis housekeeping.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

DSG has ten packs of FDE pmags on sale for 80 bucks.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:44:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rustoleum camo colors are only 3.74 per can at Walmart too.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
With the salad days, at what point does it become hoarding? The magazine thread is one of them. I really do not see the same point in having more than 10 mags per unique gun. But it doesn't mean that the government can't dictate how much to own.That shit takes up too much space. Same with excess parts. Are you all renting storage lockers for your hoards?
View Quote

During the AWB I can remember trying to use JBWeld in a futile attempt to repair a split feedlip on a 30rd USGI mag. Around here, used beat to shit mags were well north of $50ea ... if you could find them.

Never again.

Magazines can wear out, break, or get stolen. If tomorrow was the last day that you could legally buy new ones, would you have enough to last the rest of your life? What if your family or friends needed some - would you be in a position to help them out?

I am an unrepentant mag, ammo, and parts whore - and it's all as a result of the AWB.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

During the AWB I can remember trying to use JBWeld in a futile attempt to repair a split feedlip on a 30rd USGI mag. Around here, used beat to shit mags were well north of $50ea ... if you could find them.

Never again.

Magazines can wear out, break, or get stolen. If tomorrow was the last day that you could legally buy new ones, would you have enough to last the rest of your life? What if your family or friends needed some - would you be in a position to help them out?

I am an unrepentant mag, ammo, and parts whore - and it's all as a result of the AWB.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never again.

Me too, bud.  I still get thrilled from buying 30 rounders for 8-13 dollars each. lol  It's like a little drug fix each time I buy a few.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:48:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. If your home isn't dirty and smells good, you G2G!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:50:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Got 15 FDE windowed yesterday for a nice price, shipped free. Can't beat it. Got mine here as DSG was OOS
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:52:06 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm not sure when owning guns, parts, and mags becomes hoarding, but I'll volunteer to find out.  Send all of them to me.  Please include ammo.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:52:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It's only hoarding when someone else does it, if I do it it is just called "being prepared."

View Quote

+1

Ammunition doesn't go bad, I am shooting .45ACP that was made in 1946 right now. I would just rather have a good stock than depend on the store to have it when the panic buying after Hillary wins in 2016.

And magazines? For those of us who lived under the 10 round assault weapons ban, it can be nice to have a few spares around, can even sell them if need be if a new AWB passes.
$100 p-mags could be coming sooner than you think. If Hillary wins, she will regain the Senate and possibly the House.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:53:51 AM EDT
[#30]
All I know is that I have QUITE a ways to go before it gets there.

I don't even have 1 wall 3 foot high 3 foot long wall of an ammo fort.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:54:12 AM EDT
[#31]
I have this neighbor his home has aisleways to walk through, god knows how many cats (don't think he knows), place stinks to high hell.

Has some rusted out, flat tires, POS 69 or so Buick that has been in a car port for over 30 years, because it was his first car.

That's hoarding.

BTW, I don't think you can hoard too many mags.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm not sure where the line is... but sometimes i feel like I'm getting real close to being there.

Ever bought a suppressor that you didn't have a gun to use it with?

Ever buy a thousand rounds of ammo in a caliber that you don't have a gun to fire it in?

Ever buy a tripod, periscope optic, and light kit for a gun you don't own just so you'll have an excuse eventually?

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:04:44 AM EDT
[#33]
It's not hoarding if you're fueling the American economy.  After all, this was a consumer driven economy until most consumers went broke.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:57:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is exactly what I've been telling my wife for years

For example:

Not a hoarder.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is exactly what I've been telling my wife for years

For example:
http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/pmag_dry_box_storage.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/ammo_cans.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/rimfire_shelf2.jpg

Not a hoarder.

No you're no a hoarder, but there are some that have much more that they will never use.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:19:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Hoarding is the word the leeches use when they think they deserve some of what you have collected/gathered. Especially when there is a shortage.

Don't allow the FSA to shape your use of the language.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Aren't opinions great?

I don't have hoards, but I do have supplies. As long as my possessions aren't a hazard or an inconvenience to other people, it's none of the government's business. Or anyone else's.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#38]
I never thought there's anything wrong with hoarding. Can't tell people what to do with their own stuff. At some point it seems a bit counter productive. They buy up bunches of whatever because it may be totally unavailable at some point but if they never use it for fear of not being able to replenish it it's pretty much the same as being unavailable. They just have the job of obtaining every bit they can.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#39]
10 mags would not make me through one training class.

With AR mags, I always leave my zombie/duty ammo loaded up and ready to go.  Why would you unload and load your mags for range practice all the time?  

I think I have about 20-24 training mags and an unknown amount, probably 15-20 that are just loaded with defensive ammo all the time.  (That's just for my AR 5.56 rifles)
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:32:42 AM EDT
[#40]
I guess Op was not alive from 1994-2004
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Never again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never again.

You know sometimes I feel like those people who survived the Great Depression who hoarded things and were anti bank. As the years go by other people look at you funny when your little "quirks" manifest themselves.....

I saw two grown men get in a fist fight over primers once during the big scare of 1994...cops called, whole 9 yards.....So yea, I store me the fuck out of EVERYTHING THAT SHOOTS OR SUPPORTS MY SHOOTING- Guns, parts, mags, ammo, reloading equipment and supplies etc......
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hoarding is the word the leeches use when they think they deserve some of what you have collected/gathered. Especially when there is a shortage.

View Quote

Exactly. A bunch of idiots with no appreciation for history who blame others for their failings....I have no time for the whiny bastards.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't believe I am entitled to your "stash" in panic prices. I never said that people deserve what you have an excess of. I just don't see having 2 lifetimes supply of ammo when you only live one,
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:37:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

With AR mags, I always leave my zombie/duty ammo loaded up and ready to go.  Why would you unload and load your mags for range practice all the time?  

I think I have about 20-24 training mags and an unknown amount, probably 15-20 that are just loaded with defensive ammo all the time.  (That's just for my AR 5.56 rifles)
View Quote

The 10 mag was an arbitrary number, if you take a lot of classes and do use more than ten then the number is much higher for you, a 100 mags then doesn't seem out of control in your situation.
I just don't understand the whole stocking up for the zombie apocalypse when most will be dead within a week.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#45]
When it comes to weapons and ammo....it's call getting prepared
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The 10 mag was an arbitrary number, if you take a lot of classes and do use more than ten then the number is much higher for you, a 100 mags then doesn't seem out of control in your situation.
I just don't understand the whole stocking up for the zombie apocalypse when most will be dead within a week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's easy YOu shouldn't buy any more magazines. What I buy is NOYFB.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:39:04 AM EDT
[#47]
I would think that it is hoarding when you run out of space to store your stuff and start using the oven and the items never get used.
Just buying stuff to have and not use.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#48]
presuming you're not infringing on other citizens, there's no such thing as too much freedom...and to me, guns/ammo/mags etc are one physical manifestation of it. Free people own these things, slaves & the oppressed don't. If you want 50,000 pmags, and you have the $, go for it my friends.

All that said, for me personally, if the gun is non-SHTF-related, I usually have less than 10 mags for it. I have a Tikka T3...the mags cost like $50 each. It's a bolt gun. I'm not gonna invest $500+ in mags because rapid mag changes really aren't a necessity for that type of weapon. My 10/22 is the same way. I have a handful of BX25s and call it good. AR mags, on the other hand are SHTF-related and I have several guns that use them, so I probably have 30-40 of those and I wouldn't mind having more. Filling mags while you're getting shot at isn't my idea of a good time. The only way you could have to many SHTF mags is if you don't have enough ammo to fill them all. If you've got just 500 rounds of 556 but you have 100 pmags, you're free to do that, it just isn't wise.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:49:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

no.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no.

No. Hoarders keep useless, valueless stuff. Heaps and piles of old news papers. A barn full of broken, rusting lawn mowers. My grandpa was a hoarder, at least partially. He came through the depression and I think that mindset of not throwing anything away was resultant from that.

If a person has stacks and stacks of valuable, useful stuff, they are a collector or just someone who sees that they will have a good possibility of using those items for something in the future.

I'm the latter,
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Not if they're on shelves and organized. Then it's a collection or a library. If you can get to your stuff, if it's not piled or inaccessible, you're ok.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

no.

I've been in houses where there was a pig trail through the neatly organized packed shelves of stuff. Generally you're right though.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top